Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,710 members, 7,889,256 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 06:57 AM

The Weapons Are Hunting Rifles - Lebanese Suspects Tell Court. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Weapons Are Hunting Rifles - Lebanese Suspects Tell Court. (19568 Views)

‘our Weapons Are Not Inferior,’ Military Replies Minister Lai Mohammed / See The Weapons Recovered From Criminal Elements In Rivers State. Photos / Most Boko Haram Weapons Are Stolen From The Nigerian Army (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Weapons Are Hunting Rifles - Lebanese Suspects Tell Court. by Nobody: 3:38am On Jun 22, 2013
Hezbollah: Jonathan Met Our Leader At Aso Rock- Lebanese Suspects Tell Court.

Three suspected Lebanese terrorists, Mustapha Roda Darwish Fawaz, Talal Roda, and Abdulla Tahini, alleged to have imported arms into the country yesterday, told a Federal High Court sitting in Abuja that a prominent member of their group identified as, Hussein Hajj once met and shook hands with President Goodluck Jonathan.

The suspects, including the co-owner of Amigo Supermarket and Wonderland resort in Abuja, Fawaz, who were alleged to be members of Hezbollah terrorist organisation, further told the court that the large cache of arms recovered from them by the MilitaryJoint Task Force, JTF, were mere hunting-riffles, insisting that the Nigerian government has no right to curtail their fundamental human rights on the allegation that they constitute threat to its national security.

The weapons recovered from a bunker at 3 Gaya Road, off Bompai Street, Kano, following a search by a combined team of the JTF including soldiers from 3-Brigade and the Department of State Services, DSS, on the bunker, included anti-tank weapons, rocket-propelled guns, anti-tank/anti-personnel mines among other dangerous weapons.

According to the security operativesthat conducted the search, the arms and ammunition were properly concealed with several layers of concrete and placed in coolers, drums and bags neatly wrapped.

Meantime, the accused persons have urged the court to not only order their immediate release fromthe custody of the DSS, but to award them cost to the tune of N50billion, adding that contrary to allegation against them that their organisation was a terrorist group, Hezbollah is a political party in Lebanon.
Counsel to the accused persons, MrAhmed Raji, SAN, produced pictures before the court showing where thesaid leading member of the organization, Dr Hussein Hajj, met with President Jonathan at the Aso Rock Villa, contending that the Nigerian government abused their right when it earlier dragged them before a Chief Magistrate Court in Karu, which they said lacked the competence to try them.

Meantime, the Federal Government,yesterday, asked the High Court to dismiss the plaintiff’s suit as grossly lacking in merit, saying it has uncovered more evidence to prove that the suspects belong to the military wing of Hezbolla which it described as a terrorist organization.

Counsel to the government, Mr Clifford Osagie, informed the court that the Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Mohammed Bello Adoke, SAN, has already entered a fresh six-count terrorism charge against them before the Federal High Court.

Osagie said, “We have proofs that the applicants belong to the militarywing of Hezbolla which is a terroristorganization and in the coming days, this country will know more about them. The applicants had in their affidavit attached pictures of someone who was shaking hands with President Jonathan saying the President knew he was a member of Hezbollah. If they could do that, then why have they failed to attach the register of membership of Hezbollah as a political party?

“Likewise, we urge this court to disregard their argument that what were recovered from them were hunting-riffles. What we found wereassorted weapons of terror and prohibited fire arms. They are people who hunt human beings andterrorists do so!

“Even if, without conceding that they were Air or Hunting- Riffles, our animals are protected in this country. I do not know about their own country. Besides, they need to tell this court where they have gonehunting in this country. They want tokill us. They hunt human beings. They need to show this court that they have license for such deadly weapons.”

Relying on the case of Dokubo Asari Vs FRN, Osagie, maintained that where national security is in question, individual rights take second place.

“This is a case where the security of Nigeria has been called to question by individuals who have benefited so much from this country; who have made immense wealth from the liberality of this nation. The activities of the applicants threaten the national security of Nigeria and the corporate existence of this country. They cannot lift up their fundamental human rights as the basis to breach national security. The Attorney General, on June 20, 2013, filed a six- count charge against them. Once the case is assigned and a date fixed for arraignment, their trial will commence.

“We therefore urge this court to dismiss this application in its entirety as being of no substance, frivolous and intended to pervert the course of justice. It is not in the interest of Nigeria or our national security. It lacks merit,” he added.

Meantime, the trial judge, Justice Ademola Adeniyi has adjourned the case till Monday to enable counsel to the applicants reply on points of law to the arguments of the FederalGovernment, even as he ordered that the suspects be remanded in the custody of the DSS.

Government had in its affidavit against the suit, maintained that “Mustapha Fawaz (2nd respondent) was arrested on May 11, 2013. His residences at Wonderland Amusement Park, Abuja, and 58 Adetokumbo AdemolaStreet Wuse Zone 2, Abuja, were duly searched in the course of which prohibited firearms and other incriminating items were discovered. A copy of the duly endorsed search warrant and pictures of the said firearms are hereby exhibited and marked exhibits 1 and 1(A-D) respectively.

“That further investigation led to the arrest of Abdullah Tahini (1st respondent) on May 12, 2013 at the Mallam Aminu Kano International Airport, Kano, on his way to Egypt en route Lebanon. He was found to be in possession of $61, 170.”

The government further told the court that “On May 26, 2013, the 3Gaya Road, Nasarawa Local Government Area, Kano residence of one Ahmed Hassan Taher, a relative of the 2nd respondent (now at large) was searched. At the material time, Talal Roda (3rd respondent) and a suspect in the unfolding investigation was found inthe house. He was arrested in the course of the search which was conducted in his presence as he had access to the hidden recesses discovered in the premises.

“A further search of the Kano residence led to the discovery of large cache of sophisticated weapons and weapons of mass destruction. It was a war arsenal. A copy of the duly endorsed search warrant executed on the residence as well as pictures of the discovered prohibited arms are exhibited and marked exhibits 2.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/06/hezbollah-jonathan-met-our-leader-at-aso-rock-lebanese-suspects-tell-court/
Re: The Weapons Are Hunting Rifles - Lebanese Suspects Tell Court. by Nobody: 4:14am On Jun 22, 2013

1 Like

Re: The Weapons Are Hunting Rifles - Lebanese Suspects Tell Court. by BabaEleko(m): 6:27am On Jun 22, 2013
"PDP is Boko Haram" - Azazi.

May the peace and blessing of almighty God be with you in paradise General Azazi.

Imagine say Ak47 and grenade na hunting rifle. What would their battle rifle be

God help this country!!

12 Likes

Re: The Weapons Are Hunting Rifles - Lebanese Suspects Tell Court. by brownlord: 6:40am On Jun 22, 2013
Baba_Eleko: "PDP is Boko Haram" - Azazi.

May the peace and blessing of almighty God be with you in paradise General Azazi.

Imagine say Ak47 and grenade na hunting rifle. What would their battle rifle be

God help this country!!

As usuall ur co boko haram group on nairaland are coming to support you, my friend you must be very stupid if this the only thing u could post after reading that news.

@topic, they are all terrorist, so human don turn antelope and rabbit when aboki and their partners go dey hunt now? Chai niger

18 Likes

Re: The Weapons Are Hunting Rifles - Lebanese Suspects Tell Court. by Nobody: 6:44am On Jun 22, 2013
hunting rifles? are they trying to act Baba Suwe here or what
Re: The Weapons Are Hunting Rifles - Lebanese Suspects Tell Court. by mancheeutd(m): 7:04am On Jun 22, 2013
dude i guess its only in Nigeria they use rocket propeller and ak47 for hunting cos Nigeria has lots of forest fool left 4me i'd say secretly kill them and those lawyers representing them

2 Likes

Re: The Weapons Are Hunting Rifles - Lebanese Suspects Tell Court. by bobthebuilder99(m): 7:16am On Jun 22, 2013
I always leave my hunting rifles buried in the backyard inside coolers. Like these men, my hunting rifle is a fully automatic Ak-47.

Of course, you never know when you might need an anti tank mine or an rpg to kill a pack of hyenas.

Hunting tinz. You wouldn't understand. tongue

8 Likes

Re: The Weapons Are Hunting Rifles - Lebanese Suspects Tell Court. by Nobody: 7:23am On Jun 22, 2013
The fact that their leader came to aso rock in company of the Lebanese prime minister doesn't cleanse them from being evil.

2 Likes

Re: The Weapons Are Hunting Rifles - Lebanese Suspects Tell Court. by lumideezle(m): 7:32am On Jun 22, 2013
Choi!! These peoplke get luck say no b me b president o seriously,I allow you in2 my country to do legitimate business and make money,U now import Ammuniton capable of disstabilising my government and u still have the guts to tell me in my face that ther are hunting rifels smh what effontry!If I were d president I would not only hang them in public, I would ensure that every legacy they have built in this country is seized and converted to govt property, any one related,or any business associate of theirs would be severely dealt with. By the time I am done ehen dem no go need advice anybody planing such 2 desist. Let them go and try it with china, Isreal, or even the US that keeps shouting human rights and all that crap. Some people are too evil to live. If you read about some of the prisoners in guantanamo bay you would be surprised how evil people are. All this rubbish can only happen in Nig were human life is of no value all we value is money.i

9 Likes

Re: The Weapons Are Hunting Rifles - Lebanese Suspects Tell Court. by Brimmie(m): 8:41am On Jun 22, 2013
[size=30]BOKO Haram Conspiracy: FG Is Involved[/size]

2 Likes

Re: The Weapons Are Hunting Rifles - Lebanese Suspects Tell Court. by kkkp: 8:43am On Jun 22, 2013
Am nt surprised...PDP is bokoharam
Re: The Weapons Are Hunting Rifles - Lebanese Suspects Tell Court. by jjcbuthot: 8:57am On Jun 22, 2013
Someone should prove to me that FG wasn't aware of the so called Hazibolla activities long before now.

It is all conspiracy but I am sure very soon, we will get to the manipulation in the north.

When the truth is unravelled, some people will spend the rest of the life in the Hague.

How come Shekau always escape arrest?

Someone powerful in government is involved in the Boko Haram insurgency. We know the motive - it shouldn't be too difficult.

2 Likes

Re: The Weapons Are Hunting Rifles - Lebanese Suspects Tell Court. by Nobody: 9:01am On Jun 22, 2013
...waiting for Doyin Okupe to deny the allegation. angry
Re: The Weapons Are Hunting Rifles - Lebanese Suspects Tell Court. by Chamber10(m): 9:02am On Jun 22, 2013
kkkp: Am nt surprised...PDP is bokoharam

Explain better pls because the last I checked, the people that are against any move (eg SOE) to crush boko haram are not PDP but APC, northern Elders etc. So what are you saying shocked shocked

2 Likes

Re: The Weapons Are Hunting Rifles - Lebanese Suspects Tell Court. by justsayemma(m): 9:15am On Jun 22, 2013
I m very sure BH is a conspiracy,n Fg is part of it,Gej confirmed it.a mere photo is not enuf 2 rope Gej into it,bt m wondering wat people wuld ve said if it was Buhari,dat was in photo.Nigerians shud learn how to think 4 thierselves,n not allow political jobbers 2 think 4 dem.

4 Likes

Re: The Weapons Are Hunting Rifles - Lebanese Suspects Tell Court. by licensed2k(m): 9:21am On Jun 22, 2013
The question is "what" or "who" are they hunting or trying to hunt.....simple as abc.
Re: The Weapons Are Hunting Rifles - Lebanese Suspects Tell Court. by pistol: 9:25am On Jun 22, 2013
FG should start the deportation of these lebanese.
the come here masquerading as investors only to come destabilize this country.
See them everywhere,retail and construction sector.
Crowding out Nigerians and contributing to unemployment.

2 Likes

Re: The Weapons Are Hunting Rifles - Lebanese Suspects Tell Court. by dulaman: 9:36am On Jun 22, 2013
Gen. Azazi has ben vindicated abi hw do lawyers speak the english.
Re: The Weapons Are Hunting Rifles - Lebanese Suspects Tell Court. by Nobody: 10:29am On Jun 22, 2013
The level of illiteracy and crass ignorance
exhibited on nairaland is alarming, the minister in question was part of the lebanese president's delegation that visited GEJ two months ago, Hezbollah has a political wing in Lebanon with 30% of the Lebanese Parliament, hate has blinded the sense of reasoning of some of u

11 Likes

Re: The Weapons Are Hunting Rifles - Lebanese Suspects Tell Court. by Nobody: 11:12am On Jun 22, 2013
Gej met with hezbollah leader:.............hmmmmmmmmm.........mk dem no turn nigeria to syria oo

1 Like

Re: The Weapons Are Hunting Rifles - Lebanese Suspects Tell Court. by lacasa: 11:37am On Jun 22, 2013
GEJ Has Ties to Terrorism

Shikenan!

2 Likes

Re: The Weapons Are Hunting Rifles - Lebanese Suspects Tell Court. by Garrithe1st: 12:49pm On Jun 22, 2013
GEJ's hands are not clean!!!

He is always connected to those destroying the country.

-- Subsidy thieves

-- Pension thieves

-- Boko Haram sponsors

-- Arms dealers

Etc..

2 Likes

Re: The Weapons Are Hunting Rifles - Lebanese Suspects Tell Court. by jjcbuthot: 12:54pm On Jun 22, 2013
Garri the 1st: GEJ's hands are not clean!!!

He is always connected to those destroying the country.

-- Subsidy thieves

-- Pension thieves

-- Boko Haram sponsors

-- Arms dealers

Etc..

People and the opposition should not be afraid, they should face him with facts and let the whole world know. Otherwise, they will continue to pin it on innocent people. This is their motive.
Re: The Weapons Are Hunting Rifles - Lebanese Suspects Tell Court. by Majikals(m): 2:09pm On Jun 22, 2013
D should tell dat 2my m finger
Re: The Weapons Are Hunting Rifles - Lebanese Suspects Tell Court. by sanandreas(m): 2:12pm On Jun 22, 2013
hunting rifles to do what? They came all d way frm lebanon to hunt in nigeria abi? We be small pikin wen dey suck filli bottle na.
Re: The Weapons Are Hunting Rifles - Lebanese Suspects Tell Court. by Nobody: 2:12pm On Jun 22, 2013
When did these ones become hunters?

You're stakeholders in our economy, yea. Don't come and make this place less habitable for the citizen.
Re: The Weapons Are Hunting Rifles - Lebanese Suspects Tell Court. by Akpaife(m): 2:13pm On Jun 22, 2013
I cnt read again after supporting n selling arm 2 boko boy our Govt will pay 50billion God punish ur generation there I wish our Govt will eliminate u all with out trial
Re: The Weapons Are Hunting Rifles - Lebanese Suspects Tell Court. by uzeba(m): 2:14pm On Jun 22, 2013
Hunting human being ko!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2019: Despite Atiku, I Could Still Seek PDP Presidential Ticket – Makarfi / Buhari’s First 5 Days After Return / Abia Police Arrest Three INEC Officials With 10,000 Pvcs - Punch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.