Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,361 members, 7,947,589 topics. Date: Friday, 13 September 2024 at 01:31 AM

Post your photos of Igbo village houses here - Culture (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Post your photos of Igbo village houses here (145730 Views)

Photos Of An Igbo Village Built In Virginia, USA / A Picture Gallery Of Igbo Traditional Marriage Ceremony "Igbankwu" / A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 10:38am On Jul 02, 2013
@adaobi,

My mum is MBA ukwu in awka south. Where the per science is located. Close to the igwe palace...

As a kid, I know they don't kill tortoise or python.

Before and after the coming of the missionary. The story we were told,

So I kept staying in doors when ever I was there for fear of being swallowed by python angry
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by romeo(m): 10:43am On Jul 02, 2013
Sunny_bobo:

Christ Madonna! shocked shocked

I've always wondered how she made her money. I knew it wasn't pure buy thought it was from drugs or some 419. Check out her resort in Afikpo here;

http://junglejournalist..co.uk/2012/05/afikpo-chic-unveils-maria-island-resort.html?m=1

Yes she is the one..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZV1G5-ggtc
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by shine12: 11:12am On Jul 02, 2013
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by shine12: 11:15am On Jul 02, 2013
Bandit C.:

When i stayed in England for a year, i lived in Bucks, Aylesbury to be precise and the truth is, while their villages look good, they mostly consist of very old structures built in the late 18th century and early 19th century with wooden interiors. Even stairs are made of wood and their drainage systems are quite archaic.

England is backwards man so it does not count when talking about truly advanced European countries.

Don't know how often you move around but you need to visit other european countries like Switzerland or Germany to see how advanced European countries look like.

England is old, even their cities are old and they should spend their money meeting up to the rest of Europe rather than giving their queen a 5 percent raise.

Of course a country that had its own industrial revolution in the 1700s to early 1800s will be old. Rewind back 60 years ago, some oil rich gold countries such as UAE, Qatar were mere deserts. Those countries that we call nice are just building new infrastructures such as metro and sky scrappers with their new oil money. The London underground is over 100 years old and still running, even though the toll of it being old sometime catches up with it. UK is just maintaining what they’ve built decades ago. While most and newly developed countries are just building.

You can live in London without the need of a car and that’s a city of over eight million. How many people live in Zurich (Around 380,000, tahst like the population of Leicester, UK). UK has been able to integrate the high demand on its infrastructure with high rising influx of immigrants from the EU and non-EU countries. Whereas Switzerland is a small and modern country that has the world bank etc and where people go on holiday and also live to evade tax from UK et al in case you don’t know.

The fact that a city looks glossy and fine with new buildings everywhere and the country has a population of less than five million does not mean its cleaner/finer/better/richer. How many people are in Switzerland?

What a white man classed as a nice house is different from a black man’s own o, they like classic stuff, building like the palace of Westminster that was built in the middles ages and is still standing today. A white man will call a building with exposed rafters everywhere nice and classic, I once went to a hotel in Pontefract, Yorkshire, this hotel has a high reputation due to the history behind the building, I don’t really like it because it looks old and has low old wooden beams. You think they don’t have money to build a new one. They do! o, They like old and classic stuffs. I'm sure you've heard the joke that UK is a museum. Please don’t make that mistake as they don’t have money to build house. Do you want to re-build the largest underground network in the world because it’s old, we should even adopt their maintenance nature Abuja stadium built in just approximately ten years ago now looks tattered. Compare to stadiums around the world build 100 years ago and still looking nice. The key is maintaining, you can build new as much as you like, if you don’t maintain zero. England can build host the world cup today without the need to build one single stadium. Korea/Japan built almost all of the stadiums they used for korea/japan 2002.

UK is simply maintaining, UAE, China, S.Korea etc are just building

And the Aylesbury you stayed is just a country town and not even in top 150 places of nice place in the UK, it is a working class town. Its like saying I’ve lived in Obalende which is near Ikoyi, so because Obalende does not look nice does not mean Ikoyi doesn’t even though its just a stone throw away.

1 Like

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jul 02, 2013
Chillisauce: @adaobi,

My mum is MBA ukwu in awka south. Where the per science is located. Close to the igwe palace...

As a kid, I know they don't kill tortoise or python.

Before and after the coming of the missionary. The story we were told,

So I kept staying in doors when ever I was there for fear of being swallowed by python angry

grin grin
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by IGBOSON1: 12:26pm On Jul 02, 2013
Torch1: It was not easy wiring this gigantic hall in Ibagwa Nike village in Enugu state.

But i thank God i succeeded.

^^^That hall is impressive!
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by doubleking1: 12:39pm On Jul 02, 2013
You are correct, If One Should Post Pics Of Houses from Ihiala LGA Here My People Some May Wonder If they are on earth or heaven Believe me
Abagworo:

I've actually been to every village in Imo and Anambra States. I've not gone round Abia, Enugu and Ebonyi. Awka-Etiti has many rich people with powerful houses but it is same almost across Imo and Anambra in that populous part of Igboland between Orlu/Ihiala, Nnewi, Ekwulobia and Awka. The difference between those places and Abiriba is that there is a mix up of everything like you find in a city but Abiriba is like a highbrow residential area of a city.

Oguta is a well layed out town. I'll get pictures next time I travel.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by ak47mann(m): 12:46pm On Jul 02, 2013
internal roads in Anambra village

Akunyili house in her village cool

2 Likes

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by ak47mann(m): 12:52pm On Jul 02, 2013
igbo village in igbo ukwu anambra state

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by ak47mann(m): 12:55pm On Jul 02, 2013
my cousin (mmaduchem) house in my village he just turn 29 this year cool

1 Like

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 2:52pm On Jul 02, 2013
No need hiding behind that name ok,u r probably not Igbo or one of those 'my mama say I be igbo' like it or not Anambra has the highest number ofgreat and educated pple in igboland followed by Abia,Imo,Enugu then Ebonyi (unicef national report on Nigeria:Global study on Child poverty and disparities)with quality education not quantity ie let us go cuz others are goin,

d ones who don't make it to schl turn up rich evn b4 d age of 25 nd pls defineliteracy for me,evry definition sums up to knowing how to read and write!and dat is done basicaly in d primary schl nd this days in SE,SW,nd SS u hardly find one without secondary education!so what are u sayin,4get d illiterate graduates we have these days a corper in nasarawa was sacked from a schl,she cudnt communicate in English,all her life has been in her ikare village somwhr in ondo state evn her uni!NYSC brot her out! And so many examples both from east,south not to talk of our northern brothers.
Besides d last time I checked Bill gate didn't complete his UNI education and all those celebs ur likes worship so calm down and work hard for ur own ok!! PROUDLY IGBO
Ezemmuo_1: ehe here they come our silly illiterate brothers from AMAMBRA...."My VIRRAGE IS BERRa than urs"

2 Likes

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by OdenigboAroli(m): 2:59pm On Jul 02, 2013
peppy luv: No need hiding behind that name ok,u r probably not Igbo or one of those 'my mama say I be igbo' like it or not Anambra has the highest number ofgreat and educated pple in igboland followed by Abia,Imo,Enugu then Ebonyi (unicef national report on Nigeria:Global study on Child poverty and disparities)with quality education not quantity ie let us go cuz others are goin,

d ones who don't make it to schl turn up rich evn b4 d age of 25 nd pls defineliteracy for me,evry definition sums up to knowing how to read and write!and dat is done basicaly in d primary schl nd this days in SE,SW,nd SS u hardly find one without secondary education!so what are u sayin,4get d illiterate graduates we have these days a corper in nasarawa was sacked from a schl,she cudnt communicate in English,all her life has been in her ikare village somwhr in ondo state evn her uni!NYSC brot her out! And so many examples both from east,south not to talk of our northern brothers.
Besides d last time I checked Bill gate didn't complete his UNI education and all those celebs ur likes worship so calm down and work hard for ur own ok!! PROUDLY IGBO

The guy isn't a Yoruba but from Enugu or Imo. I can bet my life on it!
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 3:04pm On Jul 02, 2013
Don't worry I will show u my hubby's own in nnewi during my wedding this december unlike ur wretched ugly short shapeless sister that married a palmwine tapper. EWu ndi Yoruba I can see they paid u to bring disunity among Igbos

Am very sure ur grandfather,father and ur uncles were the ones who betrayed the biafran soldiers! Sabotuers!they are everywhere
I hope u don't sell ur birth right for a plate of food like that yoruba monster eko ile!

Ezemmuo_1: your fathers house?were is your own?now I know this thread was made by kids and for kids

3 Likes

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 3:08pm On Jul 02, 2013
Of cos I know that,and especialy d poor inferior ones,they beef Anambra a lot evn ebonyi but few wretched stinkin fools like them can't make me hate my Igbo brothers.
Odenigbo Aroli:

The guy isn't a Yoruba but from Enugu or Imo. I can bet my life on it!
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 3:13pm On Jul 02, 2013
Nwanne mmadu hapu nkit ala afu! Owu na sa di guy,very soon anyi eme ya baptism oza ba zia "Owulade"... Whr r u from?
Odenigbo Aroli:

Who da ffuck is this baastartd ? Its obvious you came here to attack Anambrarians,calling us illiterate and what not but when we hit you every dick and tom will start crying on your behalf. Respect yourself and stop hating. Every Igbo knows Anambrarians and the stuff we are made of. Take your weakness and insecurities,somewhere else.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by oboy3(m): 3:24pm On Jul 02, 2013
peppy luv: No need hiding behind that name ok,u r probably not Igbo or one of those 'my mama say I be igbo' like it or not Anambra has the highest number ofgreat and educated pple in igboland followed by Abia,Imo,Enugu then Ebonyi (unicef national report on Nigeria:Global study on Child poverty and disparities)with quality education not quantity ie let us go cuz others are goin,

^
Wow,this chick na chino24 Female version ooooo
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by OdenigboAroli(m): 4:26pm On Jul 02, 2013
peppy luv: Nwanne mmadu hapu nkit ala afu! Owu na sa di guy,very soon anyi eme ya baptism oza ba zia "Owulade"... Whr r u from?

Lol @Owulade; Nne,abu m' Onye Umuoji,Idenmili North,lga. Gi kwanu ?
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by OdenigboAroli(m): 4:29pm On Jul 02, 2013
Peppy nne,I chakwa lu ...lol. Asa azu !
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by odumchi: 6:30pm On Jul 02, 2013
It's very saddening to see fellow breast-fed Igbo men and women engage in this "my state is better than your state" nonsense. Why is it that we are so blinded by invisible barriers (states) placed upon us by the Federal Government?

O buru o nnaa, Gowon emerielen inyi.

1 Like

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by igboboy1(m): 7:25pm On Jul 02, 2013
peppy luv: No need hiding behind that name ok,u r probably not Igbo or one of those 'my mama say I be igbo' like it or not Anambra has the highest number ofgreat and educated pple in igboland followed by Abia,Imo,Enugu then Ebonyi

na wa o..so for those us in oshimili (including Asaba) no dey go school? is igboland only those five states you mentioned?

I no say we no get business acumen like the anambra folks but we dey go school o

1 Like

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by ak47mann(m): 7:58pm On Jul 02, 2013
families and friends on Christmas visit in my village....

take the pix down soon
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by ak47mann(m): 8:04pm On Jul 02, 2013
nnewi
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 8:06pm On Jul 02, 2013
^ cute smiley
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Afam4eva(m): 8:07pm On Jul 02, 2013
ak47mann: families and friends on Christmas visit in my village....

take the pix down soon

Cute Family smiley
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by ak47mann(m): 8:10pm On Jul 02, 2013
Afam4eva:
Cute Family smiley
we fine for my house no be small cheesy
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by ak47mann(m): 8:12pm On Jul 02, 2013
xmas cows..fulani boys doing what they are good at cool

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jul 02, 2013
I apologise for not counting u in,I luv u guys
igbo boy:

na wa o..so for those us in oshimili (including Asaba) no dey go school? is igboland only those five states you mentioned?

I no say we no get business acumen like the anambra folks but we dey go school o
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 9:45pm On Jul 02, 2013
wink grin am from umunnachi in dunukofia local govt
Odenigbo Aroli: Peppy nne,I chakwa lu ...lol. Asa azu !
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 9:46pm On Jul 02, 2013
peppy luv: Of cos I know that,and especialy d poor inferior ones,they beef Anambra a lot evn ebonyi but few wretched stinkin fools like them can't make me hate my Igbo brothers.
As if anambra pass Imo in anything..
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Abagworo(m): 9:55pm On Jul 02, 2013
ak47mann: my cousin (mmaduchem) house in my village he just turn 29 this year cool

Public forum please.

1 Like

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by OdenigboAroli(m): 11:38pm On Jul 02, 2013
igbo boy:

Nwanne,this has nothing to do with Ndi Anioma,as we don't have any problem with you. But you can't stand by and watch somebody stain the Image of your people.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (37) (Reply)

How To Say "I Love You" In The Various Nigerian Languages / Yoruba Hebrew Heritage / Teach Me Naija Slang Please

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.