Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,129 members, 7,900,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 04:23 AM

How Many kids Is advisable...considering The Nigerian Economy - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Many kids Is advisable...considering The Nigerian Economy (4232 Views)

How Many Kids Would You Love To Have In Future? Name Them / How Many Kids Do You Wanna Have? / How Many Kids Would You Like To Have And Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Many kids Is advisable...considering The Nigerian Economy by youngalex(m): 8:35pm On Jun 24, 2013
-considering the unstable and harsh economy in the country at the moment,how many children is advisable for newly married couples who are private sector employees...-without attaching sentiments to tradition,ethnicity and religion
Re: How Many kids Is advisable...considering The Nigerian Economy by Afam4eva(m): 8:36pm On Jun 24, 2013
Consider your own economy and not Nigeria's economy. All fingers are not equal.

5 Likes

Re: How Many kids Is advisable...considering The Nigerian Economy by kevoh(m): 8:41pm On Jun 24, 2013
Afam4eva: Consider your own economy and not Nigeria's economy. All fingers are not equal.
GBAM

1 Like

Re: How Many kids Is advisable...considering The Nigerian Economy by youngalex(m): 8:42pm On Jun 24, 2013
Am talking about the working class,for me I wld say three is appropriate
Re: How Many kids Is advisable...considering The Nigerian Economy by acume: 9:10pm On Jun 24, 2013
Three is advisable four at most.
Re: How Many kids Is advisable...considering The Nigerian Economy by kreamidiva(f): 9:16pm On Jun 24, 2013
Three is ideal for me.so that they can have EVERYTHING they need.

1 Like

Re: How Many kids Is advisable...considering The Nigerian Economy by greatgod2012(f): 10:18pm On Jun 24, 2013
@op, it depends on your personal family economic conditio.
Re: How Many kids Is advisable...considering The Nigerian Economy by dasparrow: 1:21pm On Jun 25, 2013
youngalex: -considering the unstable and harsh economy in the country at the moment,how many children is advisable for newly married couples who are private sector employees...-without attaching sentiments to tradition,ethnicity and religion

Minimum: 1

Maximum: 2
Re: How Many kids Is advisable...considering The Nigerian Economy by biolabee(m): 1:24pm On Jun 25, 2013
dasparrow:

Minimum: 1

Maximum: 2

in addition, 1 for middle age,,,,grin

1 Like

Re: How Many kids Is advisable...considering The Nigerian Economy by Afrocatalyst: 7:16am On Jun 26, 2013
Re: How Many kids Is advisable...considering The Nigerian Economy by sexymoma(f): 10:36am On Jun 26, 2013
Give birth to kids you can raise without going to people for help... ma mother gave birth to 8 children yet she never begged anyone for help or go to any of her family to accommodate any of us.... Though it was tough o.

1 Like

Re: How Many kids Is advisable...considering The Nigerian Economy by mutaalim(m): 11:36am On Jun 26, 2013
Well, as for me no limit, are you setting a limit for your creator! or do we think we the one taking care of ourselves, even collecting a million as remuneration monthly that does not translate that you are capable .
We see people that their wages is N30,000k monthly, with wives and children doing well and they are not living from hand to mouth, and one receiving million still living in penury no rest of mind

So why should we deny.........

Regards.
Re: How Many kids Is advisable...considering The Nigerian Economy by mutaalim(m): 12:08pm On Jun 26, 2013
..... let give example of a woman that went to an elderly man that the children she had is enough but her husband insisted that he need more children,

The woman beg this elderly man to help talk to her husband that the one they had is enough, this was the response this elderly man told the woman

"Madam you are number in your family ?
She said i am the 8th child of my mother?
Who is taking care of mother between you and your other siblings ?she replied I am the one paying 90% of their mother's bill take her abroad for holiday, buy her things and also doing such for their father

She said though, her elder brothers and sisters are also trying but not as she is doing due to their financial status

The elderly man then said had it been that your mother insisted that she is not giving birth to you after the 7th child you (she) won't have come to this world and now you are the major/stakeholder taking care of your parent.
So if she too insisted that she does want a child again she does not know the one that will be useful maybe it will the one she want to deny coming to this world

Immediately she changed her taught. Our creator knows us more than ourselves we are not the one taking care of ourselves.
Regards
Re: How Many kids Is advisable...considering The Nigerian Economy by bellong: 12:42pm On Jun 26, 2013
The number does not depend on the nation's economy but the individual's economy. Nevertheless, change is the constant in life, a good personal finance today could become bad tomorrow and vice-versa.

However, one should be able to set a standard from the go of the number he wants and can comfortably raise whether the situation is favourable or not. Hence, the number is left for individuals to determine. Some can comfortably provide for as many children as possible but prefer to have maximum of two children while some who cannot even fend for themselves prefer 8-10 children.

It is left for an individual to determine what he wants.
Re: How Many kids Is advisable...considering The Nigerian Economy by biolabee(m): 1:07pm On Jun 26, 2013
@muta it is thinking like that fuels the poverty cycle we have nowadays

People with meagre resources having kids on the swing hoping that one of them will lift them out of poverty or that they come from heaven with their own riches

This is not 100 years ago when infant mortality was high or when kids became economic resources at the age of 8 helping to farm

Nowadays kids dont start yielding fruit until their 20s and some still require parental support till their 30s or to start that business or first downpayment for a home

Nigeria is predicted to be the 3rd populous nation by 2100

What is the usefulness of the population

"By 2050, Nigeria will be the country which is the single largest contributor to population growth globally, and it will be contributing a fifth of all population growth of the world by that point," says Sarah Walters, a demographer from the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine.

Nigeria currently accounts for 13% of Africa's total population, but this figure is expected to rise to 17.5% by 2050 and 22% by 2100. Its population will grow over this period from 174 million to an estimated 440 million at mid-century, and 914 million at the end of the century - by which time it will be catching up with China.

It's a case of tomorrow's story being written today, says Sarah Walters.

"The reason Africa is projected to grow so much more significantly than anywhere else is because of the very high levels of current fertility and the projected trend fertility."

Today, the total fertility rate is 4.7, whereas in each of the other continents it is at around two - population replacement level .

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-23030403

1 Like

Re: How Many kids Is advisable...considering The Nigerian Economy by damiso(f): 3:02pm On Jun 26, 2013
biolabee: @muta it is thinking like that fuels the poverty cycle we have nowadays

People with meagre resources having kids on the swing hoping that one of them will lift them out of poverty or that they come from heaven with their own riches

This is not 100 years ago when infant mortality was high or when kids became economic resources at the age of 8 helping to farm

Nowadays kids dont start yielding fruit until their 20s and some still require parental support till their 30s or to start that business or first downpayment for a home

Nigeria is predicted to be the 3rd populous nation by 2100

What is the usefulness of the population

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-23030403

Abi undecidedi wonder why people keep having kids for their kids to take care of.
Re: How Many kids Is advisable...considering The Nigerian Economy by AjanleKoko: 4:48pm On Jun 26, 2013
Simples . . . African mentality. We are all guilty of it. We love us some weddings and naming ceremonies grin

Which of y'all doesn't want to have kids? If we ask now, all of you will say you can afford it, in your own defence. Well . . . those illiterates also believe they can afford it too grin cheesy
Re: How Many kids Is advisable...considering The Nigerian Economy by mutaalim(m): 5:28pm On Jun 26, 2013
The bottom line is that don't let us set a limit, because of poverty. Other factors can be allowed which we don't have control on
Regards
Re: How Many kids Is advisable...considering The Nigerian Economy by biolabee(m): 7:05pm On Jun 26, 2013
AjanleKoko: Simples . . . African mentality. We are all guilty of it. We love us some weddings and naming ceremonies grin

Which of y'all doesn't want to have kids? If we ask now, all of you will say you can afford it, in your own defence. Well . . . those illiterates also believe they can afford it too grin cheesy

funny one,... ajan
u are right though

the educated ones shd know better though

1 Like

Re: How Many kids Is advisable...considering The Nigerian Economy by debosky(m): 7:18pm On Jun 26, 2013
AjanleKoko: Simples . . . African mentality. We are all guilty of it. We love us some weddings and naming ceremonies grin

Na lie oh. . . .me I want one. The nephews and nieces can supplement if I need extra kids around for a short time. cool

2 Likes

Re: How Many kids Is advisable...considering The Nigerian Economy by Nobody: 7:26pm On Jun 26, 2013
2 bad economy or not.

Debosy hiya cool cool
Re: How Many kids Is advisable...considering The Nigerian Economy by EfemenaXY: 8:44pm On Jun 26, 2013
youngalex: -considering the unstable and harsh economy in the country at the moment,how many children is advisable for newly married couples who are private sector employees...-without attaching sentiments to tradition,ethnicity and religion

The economy's got nothing to do with it.

The number of kids one decides to have is directly proportional to the size of one's pocket AND affordability. There are situations where it's advisable NOT to have any kids.

If you barely eck out a living for your self, despite a booming economy, then why have kids? For whom to look after? The state? Tax payers hard earned money?

There millions of needy children out there in the world today, desperate for a loving home. Don't add to that number from some misguided 'cultural notion' to have kids by-fire-by-force.
Re: How Many kids Is advisable...considering The Nigerian Economy by damiso(f): 8:57pm On Jun 26, 2013

Of course by all means have kids but please be ready to cater to their needs.I have never gotten the rationale behind having 10 kids with the hope that the first 5 will take care of the last 5.It works in some cases (thats why sometimes the older ones esp girls feel so burdened they turn to aristo).Some not even aristo sef, but they have to delay their own dreams or even having families just to shoulder a burden they had no say in making.Its beautiful I know and part of our culture but like women not being educated is in the past, I think this practice needs to be in the past too.

1 Like

Re: How Many kids Is advisable...considering The Nigerian Economy by Nobody: 9:12pm On Jun 26, 2013
I am surprised everyone is talking about economy only, no one is talking about time. Do you just have kids because you can afford it and then hand them over to house helps to raise?

Having children requires time. Time to train them, to teach them and to bond with them. Affordability is not the only issue, having time for them is also important. That's why when you see some children behave you just know they were raised by house helps even though their parents are rich. For some, their parents just don't have time.

2 Likes

Re: How Many kids Is advisable...considering The Nigerian Economy by EfemenaXY: 9:20pm On Jun 26, 2013
Nashville: I am surprised everyone is talking about economy only, no one is talking about time. Do you just have kids because you can afford it and then hand them over to house helps to raise?

Having children requires time. Time to train them, to teach them and to bond with them. Affordability is not the only issue, having time for them is also important. That's why when you see some children behave you just know they were raised by house helps even though their parents are rich. For some, their parents just don't have time.

It works both ways though.

Jobless parents on the dough have A LOT of time on their hands, but most of them only succeed in breeding chavs (agberos) and the dregs of society.

1 Like

Re: How Many kids Is advisable...considering The Nigerian Economy by EfemenaXY: 9:22pm On Jun 26, 2013
Ooops! Double post...
Re: How Many kids Is advisable...considering The Nigerian Economy by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jun 26, 2013
mutaalim: The bottom line is that don't let us set a limit, because of poverty. Other factors can be allowed which we don't have control on
Regards
Extremism to d core,considering ur first post.r pple still thinking dat way in dis century?

1 Like

Re: How Many kids Is advisable...considering The Nigerian Economy by Nobody: 9:38pm On Jun 26, 2013
Efemena_xy:

It works both ways though.

Jobless parents on the dough have A LOT of time on their hands, but most of them only succeed in breeding chavs (agberos) and the dregs of society.

My point is that you need both money and time to bring up children.

1 Like

Re: How Many kids Is advisable...considering The Nigerian Economy by damiso(f): 9:42pm On Jun 26, 2013
Nashville:

My point is that you need both money and time to bring up children.
I agree.
Re: How Many kids Is advisable...considering The Nigerian Economy by baby124: 9:49pm On Jun 26, 2013
As many as you can comfortably take care of, while taking into consideration your financial capability. Say for instance, what are your chances of being able to take care of them in case of a turn around in fortune, bad health, death or loss of job. How many can you comfortably hustle for, while providing the best you can for them? These days i think 2 and 1 later is the goal for us. I would hate to drop a liability on my older kids, but hey, i need a baby. grin. Everyone will be fine, and even baby will be well taken care of without big bro's or sis's help. Thank you very much. tongue

1 Like

Re: How Many kids Is advisable...considering The Nigerian Economy by dayokanu(m): 4:23am On Jun 27, 2013
I would advice 2 for now.

If in your middle age your finance improve and you see you're comfortable you can drop another
Re: How Many kids Is advisable...considering The Nigerian Economy by Nobody: 7:03am On Jun 27, 2013

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Attempt To Enlarge Penis With Olive Oil Causes Man To Lose His Genitals / Apostolic Church Wedding Rules... / Share Your Experience Using Skyrun Fridge or Freezer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.