Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,316 members, 7,967,769 topics. Date: Sunday, 06 October 2024 at 08:14 AM

The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" - Properties (33) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" (266299 Views)

The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" / The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats / The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (87) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 4:57am On Jul 24, 2013
The iron boys took over the floor of the deck

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 5:00am On Jul 24, 2013
I have got up to 4 trips of sharp sand in readiness for the deck, I will do granite next. I think I have to visit the quarry site today. More reports about this later in the evening.

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by megainvest: 5:02am On Jul 24, 2013
Bravo! Please keep up the good work because your journey into greater things has just begun.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 5:07am On Jul 24, 2013
Also billed to perform alongside the iron workers on the floors of the decking are the electrical guys, they will work with these materials today.

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 5:09am On Jul 24, 2013
megainvest: Bravo! Please keep up the good work because your journey into greater things has just begun.

Thank you, the support you guys keep giving me makes the team stronger.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Linoversace: 6:24am On Jul 24, 2013
Oga Spyder...you are doing a great job.I admire the way you handle this.Carry on! cool
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by kopell: 10:09am On Jul 24, 2013
@Professor Spyder with all this materials landing at speed of light, you have not told us how much the cost oh. or at list give your students financial report.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by ashaju33: 10:59am On Jul 24, 2013
Nice work so far
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Qc1(m): 11:15am On Jul 24, 2013
spyder880: Also billed to perform alongside the iron workers on the floors of the decking are the electrical guys, they will work with these materials today.

@ spyder

You did said you had just N8.8m budget for this project, which a lot of people including myself doubt(the money) will be sufficient. If I may ask, how much have you spent to this level from your tight budget?

Thanks!
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by kenlash1(m): 11:22am On Jul 24, 2013
^^^^^ dts the same question i wanted to ask cos to me dts a steep budget, but u d builder, u knw wat u talking about wen budgetting, waiting for ur reply sir
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Fhemmmy: 12:39pm On Jul 24, 2013
spyder880: I have got up to 4 trips of sharp sand in readiness for the deck, I will do granite next. I think I have to visit the quarry site today. More reports about this later in the evening.

Keep up the great work
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by blank(f): 12:57pm On Jul 24, 2013
Qc-1:

@ spyder

You did said you had just N8.8m budget for this project, which a lot of people including myself doubt(the money) will be sufficient. If I may ask, how much have you spent to this level from your tight budget?

Thanks!

He has responded severally. They had to make changes to the design of the foundation and it has thus increased the budget. He has taken the criticism and is moving on. E don do abeg.

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Fhemmmy: 1:19pm On Jul 24, 2013
Even the color of the sand and looking at those irons, you could tell Oga Spyder got taste
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Chekitaut: 6:40pm On Jul 24, 2013
Spyder880, i thank God your mother gave birth to you...as a member of the eye opener group u are doing wonderfully well, God will be with you, to all learners and professionals just don't be reader alone but put it in your construction project, from NL so many have a good bargaining power with so many trend to expose the cost of all building materials and method its being delivered inaccurate by the suppliers. BUILDING IS MADE EASY!!! be well inform...before you start your project.

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by itsmelex(f): 8:59pm On Jul 24, 2013
blank:

He has responded severally. They had to make changes to the design of the foundation and it has thus increased the budget. He has taken the criticism and is moving on. E don do abeg.

He has even mentioned his initial expenses and went further to explain his inconvinience to give the incured amount along side the progress. I gues he will explain when the he is disposed to do so at a reasonable point. pls let him work.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 9:26pm On Jul 24, 2013
Today I went to site early in the morning, (7am) and after arranging works for everybody, quickly dived into a bus bound out of PH towards Abia/Ebonyi states. I went in search of lower costs for my granite supplies to make sure I stay within budget in my granite spending in this stage of this project.

This is a summary of what I discovered.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 9:29pm On Jul 24, 2013
This granite size is popularly known as 3/4, or size 4 by some people. This is my preferred size for this slab.

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Chekitaut: 9:33pm On Jul 24, 2013
spyder880: This granite size is popularly known as 3/4, or size 4 by some people. This is my preferred size for this slab.
Bros, Granite is like cocaine there too expensive, U use the best size, i fear ooooooooooo
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 9:38pm On Jul 24, 2013
I took time to study several trucks, especially their bucket carriage capacities, asking a lot of questions from several people I met and established some sort of familiarity with.

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 9:39pm On Jul 24, 2013
Chekitaut: Bros, Granite is like cocaine there too expensive, U use the best size, i fear ooooooooooo

No bi small thing o, granite has been messing up my budget here.....
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 9:41pm On Jul 24, 2013
more trucks

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Chekitaut: 9:42pm On Jul 24, 2013
spyder880:

No bi small thing o, granite has been messing up my budget here.....
all this truck can not carry more than 15-20ton, in granite truck don't matter the scale is where u should focus on.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Chekitaut: 9:44pm On Jul 24, 2013
spyder880: more trucks
the last in the pics is a trailer negotiate it with 30ton load capacity if he driver accept.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 9:45pm On Jul 24, 2013
For instance, I was told that this truck (when fully loaded and heaped) can only carry a maximum of 30 tons? @ Checkitout, what do you say to that? Are they correct?

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 9:46pm On Jul 24, 2013
Chekitaut: all this truck can not carry more than 15-20ton, in granite truck don't matter the scale is where u should focus on.

Please explain further bros...?
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Chekitaut: 9:50pm On Jul 24, 2013
spyder880:

Please explain further bros...?
Never, it will carry 25ton max, bros don't mind anything you hear scale empty and loaded subtract it u get the load capacity.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 9:53pm On Jul 24, 2013
Then I headed to the office of the quarry and obtained this price list for different aggregates. The company is called Crushed Rock Industries at Ishiagu in Ebonyi state.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 9:55pm On Jul 24, 2013
Chekitaut: Never, it will carry 25ton max, bros don't mind anything you hear scale empty and loaded subtract it u get the load capacity.

Thank you very much for this, I will really twist their arms by tomorrow.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 9:57pm On Jul 24, 2013
What are all these small small trips of granite of different sizes doing on the roadside?

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Chekitaut: 9:59pm On Jul 24, 2013
I knew it! but in west 9ja 3/4 is 2000/ton...Ur stronghold is the scale, wait until everything pass by it. That is where people are wicked, heartless and selfish, is for sell after loading.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 10:02pm On Jul 24, 2013
I stood there long enough to find out how the granite get there. Do you see this full truck of granite which just drove out of the quarry........ There are boys waiting to "short" the quantity by removing some from the top of the truck, then the balance is brought to you at your site if you don't know too much about the sizes of trucks.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Chekitaut: 10:06pm On Jul 24, 2013
spyder880: What are all these small small trips of granite of different sizes doing on the roadside?
Some will pretend there vehicle has fault because they know that u will want to leave them after you turn your back they start their evil act. stay with them till u get to site, if u try to let ur trusted person go with them they "may" buy him off.

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (87) (Reply)

The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) / Buy Original Stamped Concrete Materials. / Fences And Gates In Pictures And Prices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.