Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,329 members, 7,967,842 topics. Date: Sunday, 06 October 2024 at 10:19 AM

The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" - Properties (36) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" (266301 Views)

The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" / The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats / The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (87) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 10:59pm On Jul 26, 2013
More work is still remaining here, but we are slowly getting to the end of this stage.

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by chinosxl(m): 12:24am On Jul 27, 2013
Oga spyder well done.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by brabus(m): 3:46am On Jul 27, 2013
Well done my Oga on top
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 6:05am On Jul 27, 2013
chinosxl: Oga spyder well done.

Thank you Sir.

brabus: Well done my Oga on top

Na you be my Oga o grin
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by kopell: 7:36am On Jul 27, 2013
Well done professor Spyder and co.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Nobody: 7:54am On Jul 27, 2013
spyder880: get closer.....
Spyder, I have seen some builders use "biscuits" (I don't know the real name, but he called it that) to lift the reinforcements a little bit from the floor to enable it to be completely immersed in the concrete. Is this a standard practice? Or is it for specific areas. The one I saw wasn't on a decking, but on a drive way.

I have also seen some buildings with the reinforcements sticking out under the decking and rusting too.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by segcymoor(m): 8:46am On Jul 27, 2013
clue:
Spyder, I have seen some builders use "biscuits" (I don't know the real name, but he called it that) to lift the reinforcements a little bit from the floor to enable it to be completely immersed in the concrete. Is this a standard practice? Or is it for specific areas. The one I saw wasn't on a decking, but on a drive way.

I have also seen some buildings with the reinforcements sticking out under the decking and rusting too.

Yes. that is acceptable standard. in order to make room for concrete cover, not only decking but any concrete work.....over to u Spyder
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Nobody: 9:38am On Jul 27, 2013
Yes, it is an acceptable way when ever you do concrete work and it is called concrete cover and concrete covers vary in size for slabs, columns e.t.c
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Aventures(m): 9:52am On Jul 27, 2013
segzy14: Yes, it is an acceptable way when ever you do concrete work and it is called concrete cover and concrete covers vary in size for slabs, columns e.t.c
Greetings to all in da house, Yea concrete cover is very important to all reinforced concrete members. for instance in slab the acceptable cover is btw 25 mm- 30 mm. if the cover is too much there will be a challenge when the building is put into use. cos by so doing you have reduced the effective depth of the slab for instance if the adequate depth of your slab is 15 0mm then less the cover the effective depth is 125 mm so if your cover is 50-mm then you have effective depth of 100 mm which MAY not be sufficient for the anticipated load. Also if your slab is not having cover then the plaster under it will keep falling and exposing the reinforcement to moist that will lead to rusting.
It is also worth noting hat you concrete biscuits is of the same strength with your slab produced in ratio 1:4 well in advanced before slab preparation in other to allow for curing.
Oga spyder well done, good job we'll talk the rst on phone.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Chekitaut: 3:24pm On Jul 27, 2013
Degis:

Please, could you tell us the name and the cost of this Tipper?. I am interested in this line of business
https://www.nairaland.com/1226046/make-n150000-week-haulage-garnite

Buy 120tons of Granite @N1,980/ton and get 15tons free.
Call: 08055545355, 08032887233, 08025392565
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 5:21pm On Jul 27, 2013
@ clue, segcy.moor, segzy14, Aventures, I have a lot of biscuits of different sizes under my iron rods, even enough to share to everybody here to 'chop' pictures at night grin
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 5:23pm On Jul 27, 2013
Aventures:
Greetings to all in da house, Yea concrete cover is very important to all reinforced concrete members. for instance in slab the acceptable cover is btw 25 mm- 30 mm. if the cover is too much there will be a challenge when the building is put into use. cos by so doing you have reduced the effective depth of the slab for instance if the adequate depth of your slab is 15 0mm then less the cover the effective depth is 125 mm so if your cover is 50-mm then you have effective depth of 100 mm which MAY not be sufficient for the anticipated load. Also if your slab is not having cover then the plaster under it will keep falling and exposing the reinforcement to moist that will lead to rusting.
It is also worth noting hat you concrete biscuits is of the same strength with your slab produced in ratio 1:4 well in advanced before slab preparation in other to allow for curing.
Oga spyder well done, good job we'll talk the rst on phone.

Thank you my man, Well explained.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Emperoh(m): 5:33pm On Jul 27, 2013
Spyder

Just thinking aloud, wasn't there supposed to be a nylon spread for the deck?
I used to think this was done for decks. . . . . . . . .can't remember now
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 5:48pm On Jul 27, 2013
Emperoh: Spyder

Just thinking aloud, wasn't there supposed to be a nylon spread for the deck?
I used to think this was done for decks. . . . . . . . .can't remember now

There are times when it is required, especially if you are thinking of living in under the deck without a roof. A nylon sheet will also prevent loss of concrete from the gaps in the wood and generally make the underdeck smooth.
But it has its own drawbacks, especially when you are trying to plaster the underdeck later, it is usually a problem removing it or plastering over it. By and large, I will choose the nylon sheet below the DPC than below the deck.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by kopell: 5:57pm On Jul 27, 2013
@Aventures where have you beng, you went on vacation? or you take vacation from this forum.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Fhemmmy: 6:02pm On Jul 27, 2013
Still learning
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by gottliebglobal(m): 8:05pm On Jul 27, 2013
Degis:

Please, could you tell us the name and the cost of this Tipper?. I am interested in this line of business
@Degis, Iam presently in the US and don't wanna derail Oga Spyders thread. Pls send an email to gottliebglobal@gmail.com.... Thanks
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Aventures(m): 8:28pm On Jul 27, 2013
@kopell i ve not been on vacation. I ve been learning silently on all wonderfull tread on this great forum and equiping my self for future challenges.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by ashaju33: 9:28pm On Jul 27, 2013
Kudos spider...how is d weekend going? ??
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 10:03pm On Jul 27, 2013
ashaju33: Kudos spider...how is d weekend going? ??
Is it weekend already? cheesy Chai!
Some delays have combined to sour my mood this weekend but challenges makes a man. We have no choice than to push on till success is achieved. Hope every other person is having a better time than me cool
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 10:04pm On Jul 27, 2013
Of course we baked biscuits in this site.

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 10:07pm On Jul 27, 2013
This one below is the Mc Vities all butter short bread while the one further up is the Nasco cream crackers grin

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 10:10pm On Jul 27, 2013
It was placed in different positions all over the deck to lift the iron rods........ secondly to protect my plastic conduit pipes from physical damage.

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 10:12pm On Jul 27, 2013
all routes leads back to the electrical distribution board below the deck.

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 10:15pm On Jul 27, 2013
Part of the front, covered for the decking slab.

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 10:17pm On Jul 27, 2013
Work still ongoing, everybody is working tomorrow.

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Chekitaut: 10:39pm On Jul 27, 2013
E ku ise oooooooooo
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by esoorita: 12:02am On Jul 28, 2013
Well done Spyder, I'm religiously watching and learning.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by lawali: 10:29am On Jul 28, 2013
spyder880: I love building houses, and the attendant challenges that will inevitably come with it. I love making things happen, and working with skilled men to use materials in creating beautiful designs that will make a superb home. I have just been contracted by a Nairalander to build his house in Port Harcourt. The details are as follows;

Project: A 5 bedroom executive duplex
Client : A Nairalander
Duration: 60 days
Project cost: N8.8m (Foundation-roofing, materials and labour)
Contractor: Ckenneths Homes Nig.

This project will start this week as we arrange to travel down to the city and start work. This house comes with all the latest designs in modern building, granite, decent room arrangement with bigger bedrooms, internal plumbing and electricals, special parapet cornice, stone coated roofing tiles, everything.......
Spyder, taking you back to where it all started. I belief you are half way there. The boys landed PH on Jun 26 and today is Jul 28. I intended reminding u on Jul 26, to give a quick rundown on budget and delivery (duration)for this project. Considering the stage, I want to believe the project as planned can be delivered on duration but not on budget based on challenges & changes at the start.Over to u the main man
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by gottliebglobal(m): 3:50pm On Jul 28, 2013
God that has started this job will give Spyder the grace to finish it and on time and preferably budget too. Hey Spyder, nice talking to you yesterday.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 5:26pm On Jul 28, 2013
gottliebglobal: God that has started this job will give Spyder the grace to finish it and on time and preferably budget too. Hey Spyder, nice talking to you yesterday.

It was a pleasure talking to you yesterday. Thanks for all your encouragement.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Nobody: 7:52pm On Jul 28, 2013
Looking forward to seeing what you and the Boys get up to this coming week.

Thank you for taking the time to share the pictures and taking my call this evening.

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (87) (Reply)

The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) / Buy Original Stamped Concrete Materials. / Fences And Gates In Pictures And Prices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.