Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,049 members, 7,903,397 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 July 2024 at 12:20 PM

The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" - Properties (72) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" (265299 Views)

The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" / The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats / The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) ... (87) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 6:47am On Oct 06, 2013
bugmenot:

What exactly is POP screeding?

This is a type of wall finish where white cement, which is the main binding agent is all POP works is mixed and applied as a thin plaster to already plastered walls, ceilings or other flat surfaces. The objective of POP screeding is to get a smoother, even surface. This type of screeding is best applied on internal walls.
It could also be done with cement (cement screeding) but its better on external walls.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 6:53am On Oct 06, 2013
Empiree: of all these 5 types, which is stronger, lasting and expensive ( price appx pls)?. Fixed window is not for me. In my opinion is only good in violent ridden area.

It all boils down to the materials used to produce the profile, the aluminium type and thickness/type of glass used. I have come across thick Nigerian made aluminium profiles, imported light and thick, light glass, thick glass, reflective and tinted glasses. It depends on size of the window also.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by bugmenot: 9:04am On Oct 06, 2013
spyder880:

This is a type of wall finish where white cement, which is the main binding agent is all POP works is mixed and applied as a thin plaster to already plastered walls, ceilings or other flat surfaces. The objective of POP screeding is to get a smoother, even surface. This type of screeding is best applied on internal walls.
It could also be done with cement (cement screeding) but its better on external walls.

Many thanks, Oga Spyder!

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by amiskurie(m): 1:00pm On Oct 06, 2013
I love designs,spyder",how do u feel looking at buildings u erected? grin
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Natudu: 1:51pm On Oct 06, 2013
spyder880: We are moving for 3 in PH grin

This picture might be our next site here in Port Harcourt, thread may be opened by next week. We thank God and salute all of you for all your wonderful support. Thank you.

See o! i was thinking my work would be next. No wahala, God dey.

Nwanne, Jisie ike
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 2:12pm On Oct 06, 2013
amiskurie: I love designs,spyder",how do u feel looking at buildings u erected? grin

I feel very inspired, and a hunger to do another building with another set of designs. It is a fulfilling experience.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 2:13pm On Oct 06, 2013
Natudu:

See o! i was thinking my work would be next. No wahala, God dey.

Nwanne, Jisie ike

Bros, na first come first served o cheesy

Awaiting to work for you sha.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by MrP7: 3:40am On Oct 07, 2013
@spyder thanks for the number.
3000per square meter is for precast parapet, it is exclusive of materials.
I usually buy all the materials .
@ Segcy.moor - Thanks
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by tommyvicky: 11:53pm On Oct 07, 2013
Hello Spyder, I have some questions as regards the front pillars. 1.Does the front pillar have a concrete foundation from below ground level? 2 What is the size of the block used for the front pillar? 3. Are the blocks the solid type or hollow block? 4. Are the hollow created by the blocks filled with concrete at intervals as they are being erected?
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 5:16am On Oct 08, 2013
tommyvicky: Hello Spyder, I have some questions as regards the front pillars. 1.Does the front pillar have a concrete foundation from below ground level? 2 What is the size of the block used for the front pillar? 3. Are the blocks the solid type or hollow block? 4. Are the hollow created by the blocks filled with concrete at intervals as they are being erected?

Good questions, the frontal pillars started with the rest of the pillars in this house, same foundation, same blinding, metal reinforcements, baskets and top concrete padding. We used 9" hollow blocks for the pillars and where we think it neccessary, we fill with light concrete. The reinforcements and concrete pillar (225x225mm) runs inside its own space and the blocks are used to surround the pillar from the foundation to the roof parapet. In effect, if you remove all the blocks in the front pillars, there is a concrete column of 225x225mm standing there. Most of the pictures of what I explained are some pages back here on this thread. Thanks.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 5:59am On Oct 08, 2013
The making of the frontal pillars cheesy cheesy

Pillar baskets reinforcements

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 6:02am On Oct 08, 2013
These are the positions of the frontal pillars, you can see 16mm iron rods rising from the foundation.

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 6:04am On Oct 08, 2013
All Pillars cast with concrete

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 6:06am On Oct 08, 2013
After the DPC......

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 6:08am On Oct 08, 2013
Forming the block pillars around the concrete column.

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 6:10am On Oct 08, 2013
Then it started to grow grin

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 6:13am On Oct 08, 2013
......past the decking and more.....Abeg make I go site, day don break. Good morning my people, it looks like today is gonna be a bright sunny day cheesy

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by TAKETWO: 12:24pm On Oct 08, 2013
spyder880:

The budget has been exceeded, but with good reasons. Just be patient till we start to summarize this thread. We shall talk about the budget then. Thanks.
Well done Oga Spyder, Please I want you to grant me the indulgence to make a request to purchase a 3 bedroom carcass in Mayfair Gardens Lekki from reputable agents or direct owners on Nairaland. My e-mail is sancopanza007@yahoo.com
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 10:04pm On Oct 08, 2013
Windows........ still being made.

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 10:06pm On Oct 08, 2013
Wires, still being fixed in the house.

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 10:07pm On Oct 08, 2013
High quality Cutix cables.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 10:10pm On Oct 08, 2013
Arranging to sit the first of the window balcony rails.

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 10:13pm On Oct 08, 2013
Dining room POP works this evening, more rooms had been completed.

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Fhemmmy: 10:16pm On Oct 08, 2013
Looking really great
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by tommyvicky: 11:42pm On Oct 08, 2013
@ckenneth.Thank you very much for attending to my questions as regards the frontal pillars. I really appreciate your patience , detailed explanation with picture illustrations for better understanding of the message you are communicating. God Bless.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 12:38am On Oct 09, 2013
tommyvicky: @ckenneth.Thank you very much for attending to my questions as regards the frontal pillars. I really appreciate your patience , detailed explanation with picture illustrations for better understanding of the message you are communicating. God Bless.

Thank you sir, you are welcome.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by hasyak(m): 3:26am On Oct 09, 2013
Keep up the good job bro, best wishes..
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by meggie2051(f): 4:41am On Oct 09, 2013
Dear Sir ,

My name is Meggie and I work for Galuminium Group Co,Ltd (China) . Established in 1993, is one of the leading Companies in China that specializes in manufacturing constructive aluminum profiles for Doors & Windows and Curtain Walls as well as fabricated windows and doors.

We are specialized in the following:
Aluminium Doors and Windows
Aluminium Profiles
Curtain Wall
Balcony Railing & Stair Railing

Here is my request:
I would like to send you a brochure, a product catalogue and price details
Please send me your windows and doors information ( or project) ,if you need our products
Best regards

--
Meggie .Y Sales Manager
Galuminium Group Co,.Ltd
Address : No 55 Qingyun Road ,Jianggao Baiyun Dist.,GZ,China
Mobile: +86-13726893743
Email: gzgaluminium@163.com
Web: www.gzga.com.cn
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by janykute: 9:25am On Oct 09, 2013
spyder880: High quality Cutix cables.

Hi Spyder,just a quick one please.Cutix and Nigerchin cable which one do you think is much better?

In Lagos electricians tends to go for Nigerchin make while i have discovered that Cutix is mostly used in the East.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 11:07pm On Oct 09, 2013
janykute:

Hi Spyder,just a quick one please.Cutix and Nigerchin cable which one do you think is much better?

In Lagos electricians tends to go for Nigerchin make while i have discovered that Cutix is mostly used in the East.

Cutix cables are made in Nigeria, its a Nigerian cable and one of the cables that makes us proud as Nigerians. Nigerchin, etc are also very good.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 11:09pm On Oct 09, 2013
Plenty of works going on in this house, POP, etc etc happening. More pictures tomorrow.
Meanwhile a distant look at the mansion.

5 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by gentlepine(m): 12:50am On Oct 10, 2013
Nicely done

(1) (2) (3) ... (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) ... (87) (Reply)

The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) / Buy Original Stamped Concrete Materials. / Fences And Gates In Pictures And Prices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.