Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,070 members, 7,903,485 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 July 2024 at 02:19 PM

The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" - Properties (74) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" (265301 Views)

The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" / The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats / The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (87) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by princeonx: 3:16am On Oct 19, 2013
Michael Jackson.Jnr:
How To Become Barack Obama's Investment Partner.

Ok,I lied.
You are not really partnering with
Obama.You can only partner with
me,a fellow Nigerian.Moreover,Barack
Obama is not an investor,he is busy
talking about the debt ceiling in
Washington.Though,you can partner
with him indirectly by investing in the
U.S!.That's cool,but don't get me
involved.
I am into buying investments that are
90% guaranteed to make money.I give
this guarantee because I'm sure of
the kinds of opportunities I spot.
For example,I am good at shopping
for bargains in the property market
and in stocks.I know where to find
many of them(don't ask me where
until we start talking).
My strategy involves buying distressed
property,fixing them up,renting them
for good profits,then arranging for
the big sale.I will handle tenant
issues,find good agents,handle
toilets,i'll go through all the tough
hassles of managing property.All the
investor(you) does is to put in the
money(through your
banker,sorry,you'll not be giving me
your money,I don't need it) and we
start making it happen.I have places
where I can start investing now
before December.It's a hotspot.
I get more calls these days of people
wanting to buy property in Brazil
because of the potential property
boom catalysed by the 2014 world
cup,some want to invest in New
York,France,London,Spain,Dubai.
Please,to be frank,I can't wholly be
involved in such strange ventures for
now.All I can do to help is to ask you
to find a foreign broker by
yourself,then you can get me involved
in your investment team to spot good
investments.I am fully into spotting
"once-in-a-life-time" deals.Don't ask
me to find a broker for you.I respect
your money and your financial
confidentiality.
I can also be of exceptional help in
finding good investments aside from
property.
Drop your contacts or call me if you
are interested in my offer.
I am Eti Umoren and this is my
number.
Zero Eight One Zero One Five One
Two Seven Five Eight

I was enjoying this your story till I got to the zero 8 zero part!
Do you watch sharks? Am out!
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 6:14am On Oct 19, 2013
brabus:

Make una start to swim o!

No bi small thing o cheesy
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by lawali: 4:37pm On Oct 19, 2013
spyder880:

No bi small thing o cheesy
Considering the level of ground water, will it not be better to cast the septic tank rather than using block work?
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 6:39pm On Oct 19, 2013
lawali: Considering the level of ground water, will it not be better to cast the septic tank rather than using block work?

Its our plan to cast.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Nobody: 8:49pm On Oct 19, 2013
@ Oga Spyder From one of your student,Great Job,U'll help me with a similar project Soon ,Isha Allah.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 10:55pm On Oct 19, 2013
timothy001: @ Oga Spyder From one of your student,Great Job,U'll help me with a similar project Soon ,Isha Allah.

Thank you, just point at the site, hand over your building plans and the cash, and the team will be speeding to start your foundation in a few hours. We love workcheesy welcome bros.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Nobody: 11:04pm On Oct 19, 2013
@ Oga Spyder So you also work Within Lagos? I thought only EASTSouth part of the country?
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 5:09am On Oct 20, 2013
timothy001: @ Oga Spyder So you also work Within Lagos? I thought only EASTSouth part of the country?

Is your site in Lagos? Ok, we are still planning to come over there, I know that's where the 'owo' is grin
Let's just be sure to complete some works in PH.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Nobody: 11:10am On Oct 20, 2013
Yes sir, Till Den Happy Sunday.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Junapril(m): 11:34am On Oct 20, 2013
oga spyder, going places.
How are you doing today? your guy has been busy lately. Will your clients be interested in our concrete stamping designs as their landscaping?
I've got alot to discuss with you, will fill you in in due time.
Junapril
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 12:56pm On Oct 20, 2013
Junapril: oga spyder, going places.
How are you doing today? your guy has been busy lately. Will your clients be interested in our concrete stamping designs as their landscaping?
I've got alot to discuss with you, will fill you in in due time.
Junapril

My man, I can see you have been busy, I will ask my client about the concrete stamping for the rest of the property, we plan to leave a large portion of the compound as a green lawn, using a lawnmower to trim it every now and then. I am sure he will read this anyway.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Junapril(m): 9:58pm On Oct 20, 2013
Leaving a large portion of the compound is a great way to do landscaping. It beautifies the whole environment and bring the natural feel with blends with all other landscaping feautures. Check some of our landscape jobs with lots of green areas.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 5:53am On Oct 21, 2013
Junapril: Leaving a large portion of the compound is a great way to do landscaping. It beautifies the whole environment and bring the natural feel with blends with all other landscaping feautures. Check some of our landscape jobs with lots of green areas.

Green is good, green is fresh, green is healthy.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by gtrust: 2:32pm On Oct 21, 2013
spyder880: We started the septic tank works behind the house today.

Spyder, I am a bit confused here:

- You said the Oga at the top HAD already settled ALL Local Government fees and State fees and even area-boys fees. right

- Why do you have to sink a 'septic tank'

-Will it not be cheaper to connect to the PortHarcourt Central Sewage Line

Also do you plan to link up to the Portharcourt Municipal water system as the water should be better treated compared to the borehole
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by babatosan: 3:24pm On Oct 21, 2013

- You said the Oga at the top HAD already settled ALL Local Government fees and State fees and even area-boys fees. right

Also do you plan to link up to the Portharcourt Municipal water system as the water should be better treated compared to the borehole

Not aware there is a central sewage line except maybe in the FCT
Relying on public water in Nigeria is akin to relying on PHCN....not a good idea
Moreso, the area where this house is being built does not look planned (i.e govt demarcating the land, providing roads and other amenities)
Says a lot about our resilience as Nigerians...we do pay a lot to live comfortably
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by megainvest: 9:12am On Oct 22, 2013
gtrust:

I love your thinking unfortunately, In most parts of 9ja, (99.999%) all the things u mentioned do not exist! Have u ever been in Nigeria?
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Fhemmmy: 1:03pm On Oct 22, 2013
Junapril: Leaving a large portion of the compound is a great way to do landscaping. It beautifies the whole environment and bring the natural feel with blends with all other landscaping feautures. Check some of our landscape jobs with lots of green areas.

This is something we are not so used to in Nigeria . . . But nice.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by gtrust: 5:05pm On Oct 22, 2013
megainvest:

I love your thinking unfortunately, In most parts of 9ja, (99.999%) all the things u mentioned do not exist! Have u ever been in Nigeria?

This is NOT about me.
These people paid so much to State/Local Governments to get 'planning approval' for construction, yes
What do they get and why would the 'authority' have the conscious to seal you construction site when you don't pay

Where is the Central Sewage line
where is the pipe-borne water
where is the road

This is what planning permission is all about.
Please, correct me if I'm wrong.

It pains my heart to see Spyder (and others ofcourse) spending millions on soak-away pit and Borehole etc
All you need is to connect your sh.it to the government abi
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by mufutau55(m): 7:32pm On Oct 22, 2013
@Gtrust,
You are talking of a country with a Govt. body.. You know we have no Goverment in Nigeria..
Na chop-chop government we get.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by BlueMountain1(m): 8:01pm On Oct 22, 2013
Yea, it's good to be a part of this learning team (Distant Learning) grin

Spydee, you have changed entrepreneurship with your 'no bars' approach to teaching and passing on of your years of experience (most of which you earned the very hard way) at no cost to us your students - both real and virtual student. This I greatly express my gratitude.

I do hope that one of the aims your are doing this is to increase our confidence when we start our own personal house projects; You would want to see us been able to identify the various classes of rods and their basic usages; the cement:stone:water ratios for various needs and components of a building project; the various sizes of granite and their applications as well as understanding the very basic aspects of building.

One passionate appeal I will want to make of you is this:

You have discovered the sources of quality building materials as well as house finishing features market of PH and it's environs
You have also discovered/assembled the winning team of craft men - POP team, Welders, Masons, Tilers, Electricians, Aesthetics, e.t.c

Please, do also be kind to share these contacts with us when we do need them.

You are truly a human 'Spyder' - your web is wide and far reaching.

All the very best.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by princeonx: 12:57am On Oct 23, 2013
gtrust:

This is NOT about me.
These people paid so much to State/Local Governments to get 'planning approval' for construction, yes
What do they get and why would the 'authority' have the conscious to seal you construction site when you don't pay

where is the road

It pains my heart to see Spyder (and others ofcourse) spending millions on soak-away pit and Borehole etc

Bros naija is so messed up that you sound so much like an Alien or someone that dropped from the sky!
Honestly, You are 101% right but the naija we know, have, and been living in lost most of this your options in the 70/80s! As a matter of fact, lost the central water line. The rest never existed. Sewage? Watin be that? Millions of Nigerians even those that are at least 40+yrs old will ask you what that is! Most never ever heard of that word.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 3:21am On Oct 23, 2013
prince_onx:
Bros naija is so messed up that you sound so much like an Alien or someone that dropped from the sky!
Honestly, You are 101% right but the naija we know, have, and been living in lost most of this your options in the 70/80s! As a matter of fact, lost the central water line. The rest never existed. Sewage? Watin be that? Millions of Nigerians even those that are at least 40+yrs old will ask you what that is! Most never ever heard of that word.

Bros you are correct, in all my years as a man born and brought up in Nigeria, the only places I have heard about sewage is in foreign books, stories. It has never existed here to the best of my knowledge.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 3:34am On Oct 23, 2013
gtrust:

This is NOT about me.

where is the road

I feel you bro, but in reality there is no government in Nigeria. What we have here is a bunch of men who climbs to power with the sole aim of amassing wealth at all cost without any plans to help the society around them. The money paid to government for approval is not for them to provide any amenities, they share the money most of the time, if you dont pay, you will never be allowed to build. That is the sad reality here.

I had commented about the situation earlier in another thread, in Nigeria, if you intend to build a house then you assume the role of a mini-government. You will have to provide your own access road to your site, work on the gutters, do a drainage, buy your own poles and cables to draw a power line for electricity, (and while you're at it remember to buy some heavy duty generators as light is not guaranteed even if you pay a premium for it) sink your own borehole, mount an overhead tank, employ your own security, etc etc.

Its a sad situation really.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 3:35am On Oct 23, 2013
Blue Mountain1: Yea, it's good to be a part of this learning team (Distant Learning) grin

Spydee, you have changed entrepreneurship with your 'no bars' approach to teaching and passing on of your years of experience (most of which you earned the very hard way) at no cost to us your students - both real and virtual student. This I greatly express my gratitude.

I do hope that one of the aims your are doing this is to increase our confidence when we start our own personal house projects; You would want to see us been able to identify the various classes of rods and their basic usages; the cement:stone:water ratios for various needs and components of a building project; the various sizes of granite and their applications as well as understanding the very basic aspects of building.

One passionate appeal I will want to make of you is this:

You have discovered the sources of quality building materials as well as house finishing features market of PH and it's environs
You have also discovered/assembled the winning team of craft men - POP team, Welders, Masons, Tilers, Electricians, Aesthetics, e.t.c

Please, do also be kind to share these contacts with us when we do need them.

You are truly a human 'Spyder' - your web is wide and far reaching.

All the very best.

I get your points bro, I will share the numbers with you. Thanks for the encouraging words. Welcome.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 3:40am On Oct 23, 2013
We are working on the soak away pit in a bid to reinforce it.

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 3:41am On Oct 23, 2013
Its like doing another deck, but we are up to the task.

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 3:43am On Oct 23, 2013
Reinforcements going on, wood work planned for tomorrow.

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 3:45am On Oct 23, 2013
also shopping for some doors......

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 3:46am On Oct 23, 2013
and these, German made and strong.

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Fhemmmy: 12:51pm On Oct 23, 2013
Waoh, see design . . .lovely
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 11:13pm On Oct 23, 2013
Fhemmmy: Waoh, see design . . .lovely

Thank you sir.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 11:16pm On Oct 23, 2013
We are still fitting windows on this beautiful house, its important that all windows align before final hanging.

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (87) (Reply)

The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) / Buy Original Stamped Concrete Materials. / Fences And Gates In Pictures And Prices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.