Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,665 members, 7,885,738 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 02:26 PM

Why Am I Thus? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Am I Thus? (939 Views)

Can I Ever Win Or Am I Fighting A Lost Battle? / I Just Noticed This. Am I The Only One? / Am I A Hypocrite For Getting The Lords Prayer Tattoo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Am I Thus? by Nobody: 6:34am On Jun 27, 2013
GENESIS 25:21-23
Whenever I come across believers going through life situations with the unanswered question of “Why me?” I always encourage them to ask the right question, “Why not me?” There are some things in life that you don't have control over and the best way to handle such things is to identify them, accept their reality and find how to make the best of such situations. It will be a waste of time for you to be wishing for another kind or deny their existence.

For instance, where and how you were born? Who are your parents? Which type of family or lineage are you from? What was your childhood experience like? Life may have made good or bad choices for you and you can only accept the reality and move on from there. Even as adults, there are some unpleasant experiences that happen to people as a result of no fault of theirs - accidents of life such as the sudden loss of loved ones, physical disability, victims of systemic/institutional failure, victims of abuse etc. These are unpleasant experiences of life that if any of them occurs; people must not live in self-denial. It is said that life is 10% of what happens to you and 90% of how you respond to it.

This message is not to get you into accepting what the devil is doing as an act of God because a sound spiritual life can avert some of these tragedies and more so, there is nothing that the devil brings against you that God does not have a superior defence for. Though this experience may not have been authored by God, but He is so committed to make all things work together for the good of His people (Are you one of His own? If not, you can accept Jesus as your Lord and Saviour now).

Do you want to accept Christ into your heart now? Pray this prayer:

Father, I come to you in the name of Jesus. I know that I'm a sinner and cannot save myself, but Jesus died for me and shed his blood that I might be saved. I accept Jesus as my personal Lord and Saviour, forgive me all my sins, wash me with your blood and make me whole. I forsake the devil, the world and all sinful habits. I believe with my heart and confess with my mouth that Jesus is my Lord. Father I thank you because you have saved me in Jesus' name, amen.
Prayer: Lord, I bring this issue of my life (mention it) to you. Let your light shine upon it and I receive divine insight in Jesus name.

Daily Bible Reading: 2 Kings 10:32-12:21, Acts 18:1-22, Psalm 145:1-21, Proverbs 18:1.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/SPIRIT-MEAT-BY-REV-AREOGUN/112155912140376?ref=stream&hc_location=stream

1 Like

Re: Why Am I Thus? by PastorOluT(m): 9:09am On Jun 27, 2013
God bless u bro
Re: Why Am I Thus? by Nobody: 9:39am On Jun 27, 2013
Pastor Olu T: God bless u bro
And you too bro..
Re: Why Am I Thus? by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:58am On Jun 27, 2013
May the Lord bless you and keep you, the Lord shine His face upon you and be gracious to you, may He lift up His countenance upon you and give you peace.
Re: Why Am I Thus? by Nobody: 10:04am On Jun 27, 2013
OLAADEGBU: May the Lord bless you and keep you, the Lord shine His face upon you and be gracious to you, may He lift up His countenance upon you and give you peace.
Amen brother,may He also do the same for you.Thanks.
Re: Why Am I Thus? by shdemidemi(m): 10:21am On Jun 27, 2013
Father, I come to you in the name of Jesus. I know that I'm a sinner and cannot save myself, but Jesus died for me and shed his blood that I might be saved. I accept Jesus as my personal Lord and Saviour, forgive me all my sins, wash me with your blood and make me whole. I forsake the devil, the world and all sinful habits. I believe with my heart and confess with my mouth that Jesus is my Lord. Father I thank you because you have saved me in Jesus' name, amen.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That confession does not save anyone in this age, I am sorry to say. The condition have since moved from accept Jesus is Lord to believe He died, He was buried and He resurrected. Please note

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, [b]and [/b]shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved
Re: Why Am I Thus? by Nobody: 10:31am On Jun 27, 2013
shdemidemi: Father, I come to you in the name of Jesus. I know that I'm a sinner and cannot save myself, but Jesus died for me and shed his blood that I might be saved. I accept Jesus as my personal Lord and Saviour, forgive me all my sins, wash me with your blood and make me whole. I forsake the devil, the world and all sinful habits. I believe with my heart and confess with my mouth that Jesus is my Lord. Father I thank you because you have saved me in Jesus' name, amen.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That confession does not save anyone in this age, I am sorry to say. The condition have since moved from accept Jesus is Lord to believe He died, He was buried and He resurrected. Please note

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, [b]and [/b]shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved
grin but the demons also believe and shiver that Jesus is lord. You can take the sinner's prayer here with a heart of sincerity my brother. You MUST be born again,it is not a joking matter.
Re: Why Am I Thus? by shdemidemi(m): 10:38am On Jun 27, 2013
Bidam: grin but the demons also believe and shiver that Jesus is lord. You can take the sinner's prayer here with a heart of sincerity my brother. You MUST be born again,it is not a joking matter.

What exactly are you saying? must you argue, just check it yourself and learn from it.

The apostle said 'By this also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain'

You can actually believe in vain, if you don't believe the right thing as you can see.
Re: Why Am I Thus? by Nobody: 11:04am On Jun 27, 2013
shdemidemi:

What exactly are you saying? must you argue, just check it yourself and learn from it.

The apostle said 'By this also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain'

You can actually believe in vain, if you don't believe the right thing as you can see.
grin The same apostle also said in Titus 2:11-15

New International Version (NIV)

11 For the grace of God has appeared that offers salvation to all people. 12 It teaches us to say “No” to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age, 13 while we wait for the blessed hope—the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ, 14 who gave himself for us to redeem us from all wickedness and to purify for himself a people that are his very own, eager to do what is good.

15 These, then, are the things you should teach. Encourage and rebuke with all authority. Do not let anyone despise you
. So if you are angry i am doing the bolded,it is not surprising. I know a false teacher when i see one.
Re: Why Am I Thus? by shdemidemi(m): 11:17am On Jun 27, 2013
hmm, ok. I see no sense in what you are saying cos I didn't say you must agree with me, just check what I wrote and compare it to the only guide you and I have.
Re: Why Am I Thus? by Nobody: 11:22am On Jun 27, 2013
shdemidemi: hmm, ok. I see no sense in what you are saying cos I didn't say you must agree with me, just check what I wrote and compare it to the only guide you and I have.
I also see no sense in what you are trying to make me see.
Re: Why Am I Thus? by DrummaBoy(m): 12:30pm On Jun 27, 2013
[quote
author=shdemidemi]Father, I come to you in the name of Jesus. I know
that I'm a sinner and cannot save myself, but Jesus died for me and
shed his blood that I might be saved. I accept Jesus as my personal Lord
and Saviour, forgive me all my sins, wash me with your blood and make
me whole. I forsake the devil, the world and all sinful habits. I
believe with my heart and confess with my mouth that Jesus is my Lord.
Father I thank you because you have saved me in Jesus' name, amen.

That
confession does not save anyone in this age, I am sorry to say. The
condition have since moved from accept Jesus is Lord to believe He died,
He was buried and He resurrected. Please note

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord
Jesus, [b]and [/b]shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him
from the dead, thou shalt be saved
[/quote]

[quote
author=shdemidemi]

That

[/quote]

One could not put it better than how U said It, demi

Now my word to Bidam, sinners prayers don't save anyone. It is faith that saves. Ephesian 2:8

The challenge with our times is easy believism and that is why bc they so easily 'receive Jesus', they can also easily 'loose their salvation'. Having eternal life is knowing God; John 17:3. When such understanding comes, faith follows, confession is made, salvation is sealed and such an individual can never loose it.

Read the biographies of Luther or Wesley. See how long it took them to come to a settled faith in Christ...TBC
Re: Why Am I Thus? by DrummaBoy(m): 12:32pm On Jun 27, 2013
[quote
author=shdemidemi]Father, I come to you in the name of Jesus. I know
that I'm a sinner and cannot save myself, but Jesus died for me and
shed his blood that I might be saved. I accept Jesus as my personal Lord
and Saviour, forgive me all my sins, wash me with your blood and make
me whole. I forsake the devil, the world and all sinful habits. I
believe with my heart and confess with my mouth that Jesus is my Lord.
Father I thank you because you have saved me in Jesus' name, amen.

That

[/quote]

[quote
author=shdemidemi]

That

[/quote]

Now my word to Bidam, sinners prayers don't save anyone. It is faith that saves. Ephesian 2:8

The challenge with our times is easy believism and that is why bc they so easily 'receive Jesus', they can also easily 'loose their salvation'. Having eternal life is knowing God; John 17:3. When such understanding comes, faith follows, confession is made, salvation is sealed and such an individual can never loose it.

Read the biographies of Luther or Wesley. See how long it took them to come to a settled faith in Christ...TBC
Re: Why Am I Thus? by DrummaBoy(m): 1:19pm On Jun 27, 2013
The sinner's prayer is the foundation of dictorial Xnity. It is the reason such converts must then be told what to do to be holy, how to pay their tithe, how to pray, when to go to church, when and who to marry, how to make heaven, how to... Etc. The list is un ending.

There is a reason God sent his Holy Spirit: 1. To convict sinners to repentance. 2. To lead that born again sinner on the new path to maturity.

I do not doubt the fact that God could use the sinner's prayer to save men but it is definitely not the only means. He may have used it in a time but God is not static, he has hundreds of other means of saving sinners. But the primary means remain by the Spirit and the place of the Holy Spirit must not be taken in the hearts of men.

When Christians have to be dictated to for whatever they do in Christendom, their actions is no longer Christian and such a church becomes a cult. That is the dilemma of many holiness churches today.
Re: Why Am I Thus? by Nobody: 1:30pm On Jun 27, 2013
DrummaBoy:

And i still stand by my words that the devil may believe in Jesus but he is not repentant. Knowing your a sinner by nature and what Christ did for you is key.It is not wrong to lead a person to pray, “Lord Jesus, I know that I am sinner, and I cry out to you for salvation. Thank you for dying on the cross for me. Amen.” That sort of simple prayer has been a way in which millions have called upon the Lord in saving faith.Remember that the gospel has to be preached before a sinner is even convicted,thus making him see the need for salvation.
How will they believe in Him whom they have not heard? And how will they hear without a preacher? Rom 10:14
Re: Why Am I Thus? by Nobody: 1:43pm On Jun 27, 2013
DrummaBoy: The sinner's prayer is the foundation of dictorial Xnity. It is the reason such converts must then be told what to do to be holy, how to pay their tithe, how to pray, when to go to church, when and who to marry, how to make heaven, how to... Etc. The list is un ending.
What's your proof? This are wild speculations and false allegations created by you.
There is a reason God sent his Holy Spirit: 1. To convict sinners to repentance. 2. To lead that born again sinner on the new path to maturity.
Ok. Nobody is in disagreement here.

I do not doubt the fact that God could use the sinner's prayer to save men but it is definitely not the only means. He may have used it in a time but God is not static, he has hundreds of other means of saving sinners. But the primary means remain by the Spirit and the place of the Holy Spirit must not be taken in the hearts of men.
You have said it already. Men jobs is to witness,The work Of the Holy Spirit is to convict.Show me where the article says contrary.SMH!
When Christians have to be dictated to for whatever they do in Christendom, their actions is no longer Christian and such a church becomes a cult. That is the dilemma of many holiness churches today
I am afraid you will end up becoming like frosbel at the rate you are going, if you are looking for the perfect church,then stay at home and don't go to church.Jesus is coming for the churches,not individuals.It will actually do you some good to study Revelation 2& 3.
Re: Why Am I Thus? by shdemidemi(m): 1:52pm On Jun 27, 2013
Bidam: And i still stand by my words that the devil may believe in Jesus but he is not repentant. Knowing your a sinner by nature and what Christ did for you is key.It is not wrong to lead a person to pray, “Lord Jesus, I know that I am sinner, and I cry out to you for salvation. Thank you for dying on the cross for me. Amen.” That sort of simple prayer has been a way in which millions have called upon the Lord in saving faith.Remember that the gospel has to be preached before a sinner is even convicted,thus making him see the need for salvation.
[i]How will they believe in Him whom they have not heard? And how will they hear without a preacher?[/i]Rom 10:14

we know the devil has no spirit of God in him even if he believes anything, but you do. Bidam , how do one get spiritual or how does one become spiritually alive.

Man was made in God's image and likeness ...

Likeness is the attributes, character of God.

After the fall, man lost the likeness but kept the image, in other word, man died spiritually . Religion can't bring us back to the point where we would regain God's character but spirituality can.

The question to you now is, how do I get back the 'likeness'/ character of God or how do I become spiritually alive again?
Re: Why Am I Thus? by Nobody: 2:33pm On Jun 27, 2013
shdemidemi:

we know the devil has no spirit of God in him even if he believes anything, but you do. Bidam , how do one get spiritual or how does one become spiritually alive.

Man was made in God's image and likeness ...

Likeness is the attributes, character of God.

After the fall, man lost the likeness but kept the image, in other word, man died spiritually . Religion can't bring us back to the point where we would regain God's character but spirituality can.

The question to you now is, how do I get back the 'likeness'/ character of God or how do I become spiritually alive again?
Are you born gain? cool
Re: Why Am I Thus? by shdemidemi(m): 2:35pm On Jun 27, 2013
was I born before? let me give you a platform to type more.
Re: Why Am I Thus? by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jun 27, 2013
shdemidemi: was I born before? let me give you a platform to type more.
Let me give you time to make a decision.God is patient.
Re: Why Am I Thus? by shdemidemi(m): 2:48pm On Jun 27, 2013
Bidam: Let me give you time to make a decision.God is patient.

I hope religion won't lead you to spiritual deafness... I am a [b]believer[/b]of the gospel, I believe with my heart that I am a sinner and Christ died to give me everlasting life.
Re: Why Am I Thus? by Nobody: 3:30pm On Jun 27, 2013
shdemidemi:

I hope religion won't lead you to spiritual deafness... I am a [b]believer[/b]of the gospel, I believe with my heart that I am a sinner and Christ died to give me everlasting life.
I don't believe you.When did you give your life to Christ.Tell me about it.Who led you to Christ.What are your experiences.This is not about religion shdemidemi,it is about relationship.
Re: Why Am I Thus? by shdemidemi(m): 3:44pm On Jun 27, 2013
Bidam: I don't believe you.When did you give your life to Christ.Tell me about it.Who led you to Christ.What are your experiences.This is not about religion shdemidemi,it is about relationship.

All that don't matter right now, all that matters is that I believe in the gospel and I am saved. As far as you still see yourself as being under the law you are in the flesh.

Paul would scream at the top of his voice-

O foolish (BIDAM)Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you?

2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?
Re: Why Am I Thus? by DrummaBoy(m): 3:45pm On Jun 27, 2013
Did Bidam say: Jesus is coming for the churches and not for individuals (?) or I was reading double?

Thank God it is black and white. I had to re read it: Jesus is coming for churches and not individuals (!). And you call yourself a bible teacher?

Ok. Lets go to Revelation 2,3. These were messages tp churches to reform their doctrine and practices. Why? So people could be set omikunle the path of truth. There is no other way to read it... Jesus is coming for the church, Yes. Which church? Deeper life, etc? No, he is coming for a people, a people he has made his temple and his dwelling place. Jesus is coming for you and me, Bidam. Not for churches founded by men.

God has ordained churches for the perfection of the saint and not as a vehicle to go to heaven.

And, as for being like frosbel, if more Christians were like we would have greater effectiveness in Christ body.

I do not oppose the Lord's prayer but we cannot turn it into another catholic prayer means to salvation. that will be properstrous.
Re: Why Am I Thus? by Nobody: 3:56pm On Jun 27, 2013
shdemidemi:

All that don't matter right now, all that matters is that I believe in the gospel and I am saved. As far as you still see yourself as being under the law you are in the flesh.

Paul would scream at the top of his voice-

O foolish (BIDAM)Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you?

2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?
I would rather Jesus screamed at me than paul,anyway thanks for the argument. I think am done here.
Re: Why Am I Thus? by shdemidemi(m): 3:59pm On Jun 27, 2013
Bidam: I would rather Jesus screamed at me than paul,anyway thanks for the argument. I think am done here.

you didn't just say that, did you?
Re: Why Am I Thus? by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jun 27, 2013
DrummaBoy: Did Bidam say: Jesus is coming for the churches and not for individuals (?) or I was reading double?

Thank God it is black and white. I had to re read it: Jesus is coming for churches and not individuals (!). And you call yourself a bible teacher?
YES..I,said it,if your ignorance is so big you can go double check like a berean should.And i am a bible student not a teacher.correct that pls.
Ok. Lets go to Revelation 2,3. These were messages tp churches to reform their doctrine and practices. Why? So people could be set omikunle the path of truth. There is no other way to read it... Jesus is coming for the church, Yes. Which church? Deeper life, etc? No, he is coming for a people, a people he has made his temple and his dwelling place. Jesus is coming for you and me, Bidam. Not for churches founded by men.
grin you see what i mean by ignorance? What gave you the impression i was referring to ministries?

Revelation 1:4 To the seven churches in the province of Asia: Grace and peace to you from who is, and who was, and who is to come,

Revelation 3:11 I am coming soon. Hold on to what you have, so that no one will take your crown. Him who overcomes I will make a pillar in the temple of my God. Never again will he leave it.
God never works with individual,that has changed,he works with people and that is why there are ministry gifts so the body will lack nothing. 7 Represent perfection and that is why he spake to the 7 churches.Remember that paul also planted 7 churches,these churches will unite under one umbrella as the bride of Christ.The characteristics of these churches can be seen in many denominations we have in this present day.Take note that we are not talking about denomination here.Jesus knows His disciples who are scattered in these different churches that you are accusing everyday online here.

God has ordained churches for the perfection of the saint and not as a vehicle to go to heaven.
I Think you are mixing it up.There are also cults out there.Denomination is not a church. The real churches are the ones outlined in scripture.
And, as for being like frosbel, if more Christians were like we would have greater effectiveness in Christ body.
hehehehe..i laff in tongues.With the heresies i see online everyday,i don't think so.I speak with great conviction here.
I do not oppose the Lord's prayer but we cannot turn it into another catholic prayer means to salvation. that will be properstrous.
I believe you mean the sinners prayer, i saw your point of view but then even the preaching of the Gospel is not planned and arranged by man.It is by the inspiration of the Holy Spirit. I was in a meeting where God used me to deliver a message in tongues and someone stood up to accurately interpret the message which was inline with the word of God, though we are not to use that and build a doctrine out of it because God does not operate by a set pattern or method.

(1) (Reply)

Moving Photographs Show Pope Francis Embracing Man Disfigured By Disease. / For Your Information, Tithing Is A Universal Law / The Internet:breeding Ground For Terrorism.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.