Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,388 members, 7,944,002 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 09:51 AM

Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest (86863 Views)

Pastor Kumuyi Visits Ooni Ogunwusi (Photo) / Pastor Kumuyi: Election Will Be Free, Fair And Widely Accepted / Deeper Life Church Pastor Kumuyi’s Son’ Wedding In Jamaica Sparks Controversy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by jlounge: 2:17am On Jun 30, 2013
Probably you should have known better. The apology was to the church as a family I presume. Church buildings have doors. Options abound. Those still there have so chosen. They understand the essence of the apology better. Wishing the couple all the best. And to DL the abundance of grace and mercy to fulfil the purpose God established them for. If the foundation is in God and stays in Him, the best is yet to come.

seunlayi: I opened this thread without stating the source or any details hoping to come back after the message to update it but to my surprise, the story was on the frontpage with more than 2,000 views With the moderator not minding if it was a rumour or not. I never knew Nairaland has gone to this extent of pushing yet to be confirm news to the frontpage or maybe the Mod has also got a hint about it. well, that was how it actually went today with miracles following

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by flourishG(m): 2:18am On Jun 30, 2013
Sheggun1: .........sorry i mean ist timothy 2vs9
I hv read it.what's ya point?
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Sheggun1: 2:26am On Jun 30, 2013
flourishG: I hv read it.what's ya point?
....use ur common sense 2 decode it

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by lawsbanks: 2:38am On Jun 30, 2013
This boy should go and take care of his latest asset(his wife) and forget about church doctrine.......
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Sheggun1: 2:41am On Jun 30, 2013
Did u knw his wife is not a nigerian
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by lisbabe(f): 2:51am On Jun 30, 2013
juman: Funny. grin

The pastor that preaches what he does not believe in.
Stop running ur mouth anyhow jor.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Sheggun1: 2:53am On Jun 30, 2013
may God 4give u all
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Nobody: 3:02am On Jun 30, 2013
una no dey sleep amebo full nairaland. Even guys
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by shevon: 3:25am On Jun 30, 2013
Segeggs: Apology or no apology, one thing i know is that we have seen a fragment of the heart of the two pastor's children which i think is opposite what their church's doctrine stand for. I'll call it all hypocrisy.
And who appointed you judge and jury? Why not live your own life and let Him be the judge of men?
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Sunglow: 3:28am On Jun 30, 2013
Anniettie ufia: Children of nowadays ,

You want to tell me that in that church they don't have marriage committee & counseling team ?

Was there no inspection of the so call weeding gown b4 that day?

If you ask me,
i will certainly say yes ,
i perceived they warned them ,
but they wouldn't listened ,

afterall, nna my ppapa get church
wetin konsain you?
That apology is 2 late,tell them 2 REPENT, 4 d kingdom of God is @ hand..
Repent for what?for looking good.please!God Himself is d epitomy of beatuy
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by tpia5: 3:32am On Jun 30, 2013
mykelsmart009: emmm,dem say she show too much of her skin which is against d doctrine of Deeper Life

what will one not hear on nl. . . . . .

the lady was covered from head to toe yet she showed too much of her skin?
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by tpia5: 3:33am On Jun 30, 2013
@ topic

if true, then i guess they feel the criticsm was because of their dressing. undecided
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by dicka04(m): 3:50am On Jun 30, 2013
John is mah Oga at d top.. He won't do something and i will do another.. Mtcheew,, apology acepted jawe..
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by dicka04(m): 3:51am On Jun 30, 2013
John is mah Oga at d top.. He won't do something and i will do another.. Mtcheew,, apology acepted jawe.. :-D
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by ohpeyemi(m): 4:12am On Jun 30, 2013
The apology is another show of hypocrisy. were the pastors and marriage committee not aware of the preparations before the wedding, so if the marriage had not generated some public criticism, there would not have been any apology. i think it would have been better if they has remain silent, one would have thought the marriage would have been a new model for their shabby couples to look better on their day of joy.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by blocker: 4:37am On Jun 30, 2013
It is good to tender apology where you think your actions (however well intended)led to undesirable but unexpected reactions. It is a good sign of humility. But if you ask me I see no sin committed and I will not be part of the bad wagon that would call a dog a bad name just to hang it.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Ivynwa(f): 4:42am On Jun 30, 2013
A couple/girl that wore a wedding gown she likes on her wedding and added pomp to her wedding ceremony with a limo car needs not apologise for that, who needs to apologise to the church are the heads of the church that had people believing in their whims. They taught the words of God and the words/feelings/thoughts of their hearts too. Their apology should be something like "We are sorry for all the unnecessary man made principles we made you all believe in, please let us stick to God from now on" and this newly wedded can be left alone to enjoy their marriage, it isn't their fault that people chose to hero worship the heads of the church and swallowed in all their whims.

I like that the head of their church has a good heart for God and will gladly fellowship with him and share the words of God while sticking to the way of life I chose for myself because I am a human being like him and can discern for myself just like he can. I am not one of some mindless christians, I know where the lines end between preaching the words of God to me and preaching the feeling and thoughts of the heart of men to me. It's a pity some hero-worship and have that line blurred and that is what is happening in some of our churches.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by henryadex(m): 5:03am On Jun 30, 2013
The Two Ministries
The Scriptures reveal that there are two acts which
go on continually before the throne of God—
intercession and accusation. The conflict between
these two is a focal point of the battle between the
kingdom of God and the kingdom of darkness.
Because God has chosen to make the church His
dwelling place, and therefore the place of His throne, it
is in the heart of the church that this battle now rages.
Jesus "always lives to make intercession"
(Hebrews 7:25). It is the fundamental nature of Jesus
to be an intercessor, a priest. To the degree that we
abide in Him, Jesus will use us to intercede. For this
reason His church is called to be a "house of prayer for
all the nations" (Mark 11:17).
Satan is called "the accuser of our brethren ... who
accuses them before our God day and night"
(Revelation 12:10). To the degree that the enemy has
access to our lives he will use us to accuse and criticize
the brethren. Like the two trees in the garden, we must
all choose which of these ministries we are going to
partake of.
We may ask how Satan could continue to accuse the
saints before God if he has been thrown out of heaven and no longer has access to the throne. The answer is
that Satan uses the saints, who do have access to the
throne, to do this diabolical work for him.By RICK JOYNER

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Nobody: 5:11am On Jun 30, 2013
flourishG: I a member of da body,da body of Christ ``Pseudo-Christian Cult''.
1 Jn.2:19 “they went out from us but they were not of us, if they had been of us , they would have continued with us, but they went out that they might be made known that none of them were of us.”
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Umunede(m): 5:14am On Jun 30, 2013
honey001: For those asking for source of the information, the letter was read to the whole congregation during the Jubilation unlimited programme this evening..... The two of them were then placed on discipline.......
why did marriage committee approve it in the 1st place? Couples are usually made to submit their wedding dress before the wedding date to ensure confirmation. How did that go through? Couples will not be joined if you wear something else. D wedding wouldn't have gone on if it were an ordinary member. Is there double standard in the church? I know all these things because I was once there. Many questions. The principle is that you only wear something you can wear another day as your wedding dress. Why buy something you can wear only for one day is the question they usually ask

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:18am On Jun 30, 2013
Soloter:

My dear brother and sister (John n Love), I am also a member of the church(a Coordinator) but i say, if not for the sake of pleasing those who felt offended, there is no point apologising. You owe no man any apology. God is not angry with you for marrying a woman. You didn't marry a man. Hear Paul on a similar case; "... Let no man trouble me, I bear the marks of CHRIST" not men. There was no problem with sister Love's dressing before God and Men. The devil only pushed outsiders to make unnecessary hullabaloo which was supported by a microscopic envious fault finding brethren in the Church. May God forgive them all for making my brethren(John & Love) to feel guilty for no cause.

Who are these "microscopic envious fault finding brethren in the Church" that you're referring to? and what region are you coordinating over?

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Ivynwa(f): 5:19am On Jun 30, 2013
Even Reverend King must have quoted Rick Joyner to his congregations too when others were telling them to worship God with clear eyes and sound mind instead of worshipping men of God. He had them bowing down and prostating on the floor for him until their eyes cleared when he killed one of them after setting the person on fire. (Note that I have respect for your Pastor, I'm not calling him Reverend King).

You can justify your hero worshipping with words of the bible and that does not change the fact that you guys are overdoing things swallowing everything that comes out of the mouth of your fellow human being in the name of worshipping and following God. Follow God, not man.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Nobody: 5:31am On Jun 30, 2013
ULSHERLAN: But the deed is done
yes oooo, wen d deed z done, it can neva b undone.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:35am On Jun 30, 2013
babyosisi:

@ Frosbel,please tell me,does deeper life teach that they are the only ones practicing true Christianity and do they preach to other born again Christians with hopes of converting them to deeper life?

If your answer is yes
It is a cult.

Please respond

Frosbel and babyosisi would make for a compatible partnership as they seem to be using this medium to vent their personal grudges against DL.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:36am On Jun 30, 2013
Pygru:

are you in anyway related to frosbel

Good question.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Oyinprince(m): 5:39am On Jun 30, 2013
I dated a dl gal sum yrs ago b4 i realy got firm in d word,av plenty of dem as friends cos i passd out 4rm a dl lyf sec skul...D TRUTH is dat dey dnt do wt dey preach(99% of their youths),dey do wat u c on d outsyd so dat 1 carnal leader wuld nt talk
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Oyinprince(m): 5:49am On Jun 30, 2013
Raisin a generation of pple goin 2church out of Fear(not d fear of God bt of hell)n doin wt dere leadas say so dey wont go 2hell.I wont say DL ir a cult,bt dis is hw a cult operates,cult membas dnt want 2 opt out cos of dfear of wat wil happen to dem

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:56am On Jun 30, 2013
ohpeyemi:

The apology is another show of hypocrisy. were the pastors and marriage committee not aware of the preparations before the wedding, so if the marriage had not generated some public criticism, there would not have been any apology. i think it would have been better if they has remain silent, one would have thought the marriage would have been a new model for their shabby couples to look better on their day of joy.

Did you know whether they had a marriage committee before jumping to conclusions?
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:03am On Jun 30, 2013
Umunede:

why did marriage committee approve it in the 1st place? Couples are usually made to submit their wedding dress before the wedding date to ensure confirmation. How did that go through? Couples will not be joined if you wear something else. D wedding wouldn't have gone on if it were an ordinary member. Is there double standard in the church? I know all these things because I was once there. Many questions. The principle is that you only wear something you can wear another day as your wedding dress. Why buy something you can wear only for one day is the question they usually ask

Did you find out whether they had a marriage committee in the first place? When we don't have the full information of a situation we should hesitate before jumping to our own conclusion.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by texaco1: 6:15am On Jun 30, 2013
Sheggun1: ....use ur common sense 2 decode it
bravo
i love this answer.
God bless you ,sir
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by texaco1: 6:22am On Jun 30, 2013
Oyinprince: Raisin a generation of pple goin 2church out of Fear(not d fear of God bt of hell)n doin wt dere leadas say so dey wont go 2hell.I wont say DL ir a cult,bt dis is hw a cult operates,cult membas dnt want 2 opt out cos of dfear of wat wil happen to dem
the crux of the matter here is not about a dressing ,but about ppl using this saga to call that church all sort of names.i have said it ,i personally find dl church laws too strict for my own liking BUT i will not call them all sort of names just because of that.
how can someone label dl church a cult?that is a reckless accusation.we come here on nl to catch fun or do other things but in doing all that we must also be vry prudent in our use of words.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by SailorXY: 6:22am On Jun 30, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Frosbel and babyosisi would make for a compatible partnership as they seem to be using this medium to vent their personal grudges against DL.
As if they have any bearing on proceedings in DLBC #mtcheew

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply)

Dead Body Of Eunice Mojisola Olawale Killed In Abuja While Preaching. / Apostle Chibuzor Chinyere Converts 36 Prostitutes, Buys Them House With Business / Pastor Ayilara Oluwaseunfunmi: RCBC, RCCG Pastor School, A Demonic Institution

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.