Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,176 members, 7,950,064 topics. Date: Monday, 16 September 2024 at 07:43 AM

Why Do Pentecostals Reject Catholic Baptism - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Pentecostals Reject Catholic Baptism (9083 Views)

How To Receive HOLY GHOST Baptism / ALL Pentecostals Should Read This / Are Pentecostals Really Christians? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Pentecostals Reject Catholic Baptism by Syncan(m): 10:35am On Jul 05, 2013
shdemidemi:

You did not answer my question.. what is the good news of Christ we should be propagating as a church?
Why should I allow you to derail the topic. My question is based on the topic, you may need to take another look at the topic.
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Reject Catholic Baptism by Syncan(m): 10:37am On Jul 05, 2013
shdemidemi:

We can analyse every verse after you tell me what the gospel of Christ is.

Verse 6

6 But of these(Peter, James, John) who seemed to be somewhat, (whatsoever they were, it maketh no matter to me: God accepteth no man's personsmiley for they(the more respected) who seemed to be somewhat in conference added nothing to me:

That verse is the key to the whole agreement--Paul expected to hear them speak the gospel as he got it from Christ but what they were saying was different. They must have been behind what Paul complained about in verse 4.

I hope bishopjoe is listening. Then verse nine?
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Reject Catholic Baptism by bishopjoe02(m): 10:48am On Jul 05, 2013
Syncan:

yes im here
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Reject Catholic Baptism by shdemidemi(m): 10:50am On Jul 05, 2013
Syncan:

why do you need him, don't you have a bible? Read it and tell me what I have said that is not true.
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Reject Catholic Baptism by italo: 11:04am On Jul 05, 2013
shdemidemi:

I am also asking you a simple question

Okay. Wait there. I will answer you when he answers me.
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Reject Catholic Baptism by shdemidemi(m): 11:06am On Jul 05, 2013
italo:

Okay. Wait there. I will answer you when he answers me.

lol, you and all these your cheap sense you think you are displaying. grin

What is the gospel?
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Reject Catholic Baptism by italo: 11:09am On Jul 05, 2013
bishopjoe02:

yes im here

Oh! So you are still here.

Who is lying?

You and the Catholic Church...or Living Faith?
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Reject Catholic Baptism by bishopjoe02(m): 11:26am On Jul 05, 2013
italo:

Oh! So you are still here.

Who is lying?

You and the Catholic Church...or Living Faith?
u tell me
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Reject Catholic Baptism by italo: 11:37am On Jul 05, 2013
bishopjoe02:
u tell me

I dont know the truth and I am not seeking it. That is what you said. But the Catholic Church says it is correct.

What do you say/think?
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Reject Catholic Baptism by Syncan(m): 11:45am On Jul 05, 2013
shdemidemi:

why do you need him, don't you have a bible? Read it and tell me what I have said that is not true.

Verse Nine! Or don't you have it in your bible?
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Reject Catholic Baptism by shdemidemi(m): 11:47am On Jul 05, 2013
Syncan:

Verse Nine! Or don't you have it in your bible?
9 And when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we should go unto the heathen, and they unto the circumcision.

Does your bible say the same?
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Reject Catholic Baptism by shdemidemi(m): 11:51am On Jul 05, 2013
italo:

I dont know the truth and I am not seeking it. That is what you said. But the Catholic Church says it is correct.

What do you say/think?

are you going to answer my question now?
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Reject Catholic Baptism by bishopjoe02(m): 11:51am On Jul 05, 2013
italo:

What do you say/think?
i thnk both of them r lying
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Reject Catholic Baptism by italo: 11:53am On Jul 05, 2013
shdemidemi:

are you going to answer my question now?

Coconut head!

For the one millionth time.

I will answer you when he answers me.
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Reject Catholic Baptism by italo: 11:56am On Jul 05, 2013
bishopjoe02:

You are saying you and the Catholic Church are lying that you are baptized...and Living faith is lying that you are not baptized.

...and you say you are not confused?

What then is the truth?
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Reject Catholic Baptism by Syncan(m): 11:57am On Jul 05, 2013
bishopjoe02:

Do you consider it worth knowing (in the course of your seeking the truth) what was being practised at the time the bible was compiled? At least we agree they were Men Of God.
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Reject Catholic Baptism by italo: 11:57am On Jul 05, 2013
shdemidemi:

lol, you and all these your cheap sense you think you are displaying. grin

What is the gospel?

Which gospel? You said there were TWO gospels.
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Reject Catholic Baptism by bishopjoe02(m): 11:58am On Jul 05, 2013
italo:

You are saying you and the Catholic Church are lying that you are baptized...and Living faith is lying that you are not baptized.

...and you say you are not confused?

What then is the truth?
they r both lying 4 fighting each oda nstead of facing the work at hand....soul winning

1 Like

Re: Why Do Pentecostals Reject Catholic Baptism by shdemidemi(m): 11:59am On Jul 05, 2013
italo:

Which gospel? You said there were TWO gospels.

leave what I say for now, answer the question.

What is the gospel of Christ?
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Reject Catholic Baptism by bishopjoe02(m): 12:00pm On Jul 05, 2013
Syncan:

Do you consider it worth knowing (in the course of your seeking the truth) what was being practised at the time the bible was compiled? At least we agree they were Men Of God.
mayb u shld enlighten me then?
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Reject Catholic Baptism by italo: 12:02pm On Jul 05, 2013
bishopjoe02:
they r both lying 4 fighting each oda nstead of facing the work at hand....soul winning

Dont pretend like you dont know I was talking about baptism.

Who is lying about your baptismal status?
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Reject Catholic Baptism by shdemidemi(m): 12:02pm On Jul 05, 2013
Syncan:

Syncan is so bothered about the early men instead of focussing on the Word(Christ)
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Reject Catholic Baptism by shdemidemi(m): 12:04pm On Jul 05, 2013
italo:

You ask too many questions for someone who seem so reluctant to answer questions.
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Reject Catholic Baptism by italo: 12:06pm On Jul 05, 2013
shdemidemi:

leave what I say for now, answer the question.

What is the gospel of Christ?

Jesus Christ.
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Reject Catholic Baptism by bishopjoe02(m): 12:07pm On Jul 05, 2013
italo:

do catholic speak n tongue, have u c a Rev Father praying n tongue, does dat mean dat d apostles dat were speaking n tongues n d bible were pretending
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Reject Catholic Baptism by shdemidemi(m): 12:15pm On Jul 05, 2013
italo:

Jesus Christ.

You see ignorance, I don't know your age but I am sure you must have claimed to be a Christian for the most of your life. Yet, you don't know the gospel of Christ.

SMH for all those that keep God's people in darkness.
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Reject Catholic Baptism by Syncan(m): 8:01pm On Jul 05, 2013
bishopjoe02:
mayb u shld enlighten me then?

Good. Simply google the word " Infant Baptism". Take note that the church, in 393AD gave the first approval to what we have today as the bible.
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Reject Catholic Baptism by Syncan(m): 8:09pm On Jul 05, 2013
shdemidemi:

Syncan is so bothered about the early men instead of focussing on the Word(Christ)

Yeah I know your "word" came to you by revelation.

The word of God came to me through the actions of Holy Men via apostolic succesion as preserved by the Holy Church, the pillar and foundation of truth.
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Reject Catholic Baptism by bishopjoe02(m): 8:17pm On Jul 05, 2013
Syncan:

Good. Simply google the word " Infant Baptism". Take note that the church, in 393AD gave the first approval to what we have today as the bible.
i told u to enlighten me nd nt to refer, i thnk there is a big diff btw d two words
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Reject Catholic Baptism by shdemidemi(m): 8:47pm On Jul 05, 2013
Syncan:

Yeah I know your "word" came to you by revelation.

The word of God came to me through the actions of Holy Men via apostolic succesion as preserved by the Holy Church, the pillar and foundation of truth.

See! Paul has been ministering to Gentiles for about twenty-three years before he gets to Rome. That's a long time, and in that twenty-three year period the Book of Romans hasn't even been written yet. This just didn't happen in a month or two, this was progressively taking place over the years. Remember in another one of his letters it says that his Gospel had even penetrated the Roman Palace.

Titus 2:11

"For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath (past tense) appeared to all men." The Holy Spirit would never have permitted him to say that if it were not true. So from this one man Christianity just scattered throughout the whole Roman Empire. This was many years before the canon of the bible.

Your church is not the foundation nor pillar of any truth. If anything, they missed it from the start and now the error has permeated and dribbled down through ages.
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Reject Catholic Baptism by Syncan(m): 9:35pm On Jul 05, 2013
bishopjoe02:
i told u to enlighten me nd nt to refer, i thnk there is a big diff btw d two words

Sincerely speaking I thought your request was frank, never knew it was sacastic. I really thought your interest was to know, and not to teach me the difference between words.
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Reject Catholic Baptism by italo: 9:53pm On Jul 05, 2013
bishopjoe02:
do catholic speak n tongue, have u c a Rev Father praying n tongue, does dat mean dat d apostles dat were speaking n tongues n d bible were pretending

It seems like you will rather talk about the Syrian Civil War or The Confederations Cup than answer the simple question.

I thought you said you wanted to learn.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

How Can We Rely On The Power Of God? / / Do You Know That Judgment Day Is Coming?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.