Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,952 members, 7,890,139 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 09:53 AM

Share Your Experience With Hunger - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Share Your Experience With Hunger (12697 Views)

Funny PHCN Photos (share Your Experience With Them) / Share Your Experience With Hunger / My Experience With A Native Doctor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Experience With Hunger by visita: 12:48am On Jul 03, 2013
Chai! Hunger! What hunger has done to me ehn, there was a time when my house mates and were i hungry, and we had just rice at home, it was during the 2008 ASUU strike and some of us had not traveled. No money, no ingredient, no kerosene, just rice. Just then one of us raised a suggestion, he said there was a tomato plant growing at the backyard of one of our friends hostel, and that we could use it in making soup, it wasn't a bad idea then in fact we all supported it, not until when he came with the tomatoes. I was able to count about two red, five semi red ones while the rest were all green. Although we were all shocked with what we saw but there was no time to think, there wasn't any other option. By this time we had borrowed a neighbour's stove and the rice was already on fire. No one cared about the colour of the tomatoes whether they were ripe or not, in fact am sure if he had brought blue tomatoes in that situation we still would have cooked it because we were very hungry. One of us went out and hustled for one cube of maggi and salt, after the rice was done, we grated the tomato and cooked it with the maggi and salt WITHOUT PEPPER! Now the funniest part is, on a normal day, none of us would eat rice with that kinda stew, but surprisingly, this particular stew smelt nice, so nice that i was already salivating, UNRIPE TOMATO! That day we ate like our lives depended on how much rice we ate and no one complained about the taste of the food. The stew colour was hard to determine because i was seeing different colours ranging from black to red, but no one cared, we were only concerned about filling our empty stomach. There was no water too since we usually buy sachet water to drink, but we had to improvise with the use of our saliva, and thank God, there was no pepper. Hunger can make one do weird things.

5 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience With Hunger by visita: 12:52am On Jul 03, 2013
trolling: u shouldnt have done that, one has to sacrifice food or desire to receive spiritual messages or visions

Is it not for someone looking for spiritual messages or visions that would make that kinda choice? He wasn't seeking any, his spirit was probably leaving him in search of food for itself lol, but seriously, hunger isn't good at all
Re: Share Your Experience With Hunger by Pimples(m): 12:58am On Jul 03, 2013
HUNGER is really wicked.
I have once been to a restaurant and someone ordered for 3 plates of fufu and extra...As if that is not enough he told the woman serving that she should prepare 10 packs of indomie for him. Then he bought Agege Bread 200 and 2 orobo. Everyone of us in the restaurant where like WTF. In a matter of minutes he was through. I can only imagine how hungry he was to have eaten that much

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience With Hunger by trolling(m): 1:55am On Jul 03, 2013
visita:

Is it not for someone looking for spiritual messages or visions that would make that kinda choice? He wasn't seeking any, his spirit was probably leaving him in search of food for itself lol, but seriously, hunger isn't good at all
i get where u r coming from but i was just educating others about making sacrifices
Re: Share Your Experience With Hunger by trolling(m): 1:56am On Jul 03, 2013
Pimples: HUNGER is really wicked.
I have once been to a restaurant and someone ordered for 3 plates of fufu and extra...As if that is not enough he told the woman serving that she should prepare 10 packs of indomie for him. Then he bought Agege Bread 200 and 2 orobo. Everyone of us in the restaurant where like WTF. In a matter of minutes he was through. I can only imagine how hungry he was to have eaten that much
now thats funny
Re: Share Your Experience With Hunger by sKeetz(m): 1:59am On Jul 03, 2013
^^^
If you wanna lie...please do it like a bossundecided
Re: Share Your Experience With Hunger by Nobody: 2:19am On Jul 03, 2013
adaobi123: Boarding school tings. Kai them days. cry cry
kai...Adaobi u get am...dalu!
Ewooo! Thoughts of my boarding school life back then now make me laugh, smile and smh
Re: Share Your Experience With Hunger by Nobody: 2:21am On Jul 03, 2013
solidbroda: Hunger is one of the reason public university school certificate holders have poor grades. Some might eat garri for full 2 weeks
kai...laugh as well can kill. I knew i was gonna enjoy this thread,so its d last thing ama do before crashing..chai..garri for 2weeks? LMFAOTH
Re: Share Your Experience With Hunger by Nobody: 2:27am On Jul 03, 2013
gluv01: And as girls, we met some new guys too cheesy
lol..how did it go afterall?
Re: Share Your Experience With Hunger by Nobody: 2:43am On Jul 03, 2013
Ezedon: hunger for food n hunger for sex, which of them is preferable
if hunger for sex catch u..omo if babe no dey and u no get money to meet a5hawo ni, engine oil and ur hand still dey ba? Abi person don cut am?
But guy, if hunger for food cash u..and u no c any edible material..your name na sorry..buhehehe

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience With Hunger by Nobody: 2:48am On Jul 03, 2013
Aliyubest: Well i once eat indomie n yam grin grin
oh my cray stomach..chai..haha..
Indomie and yam, how u take swallow am and,how ur sh!t be sef?
Just like munching beans and bread,hahaha..that one no fit go down ur throat ni,which one will supplement the other na,answers needed pls,cnt practicalize it myself
Re: Share Your Experience With Hunger by Nobody: 2:50am On Jul 03, 2013
playah P: Hunger turned me to a thief.
Back then in my second and third year; I was sooo broke sometimes... I couldn't afford anything..... I mean not even pure water!!

I had rice... Just white rice and some maggi...... Then, I'd boil white rice using electric stove... Add two maggi in it and some salt...... Mind you, I stole the water and the salt (we buy water in ma skool).

Then I'd walk around the whole compound looking for some careless onions or tomatoes..... Or pepper...... Just anything to improve the horrid taste!!.....

Chai..... Sometimes, it was sooo bad I wouldn't eat at all!!

Don't wanna remember those days!
I suffered wooooo!!

Stole, scavenged... Begged...... Just for food and other basic necessities!
you are a go-getter..no wonder your nick-playahP
Re: Share Your Experience With Hunger by Nobody: 2:51am On Jul 03, 2013
Adeniyi A.:
My experience 'with' hunger, I discovered that hunger is a bastard !
Can you imagine eating yam with toothpaste!
nothing do you. Yam and butter nko?
Re: Share Your Experience With Hunger by Nobody: 2:54am On Jul 03, 2013
Ricmayak1: I had a room-mate in the uni who was very broke during exams. One day after writting an exam, he was damn hungry and he badged into the room crying repeatedly, "I am dieing, I am dieing....."
this is the part that keeps cracking me. 'I am dying, i am dying'..haha..chai, i sure bet he looked like a zombie that period he was shouting....
Re: Share Your Experience With Hunger by Cestmoi1(f): 3:20am On Jul 03, 2013
dis didnt hapun to me.a frnd gisted me abt his frnd.he said hunger wire d guy sote hin mix garri wit maggi n fried it in palmoil since he didnt hv anythng to eat apart frm dat.i laf tire dat day.
Re: Share Your Experience With Hunger by trolling(m): 3:24am On Jul 03, 2013
u guys are cracking me up grin
Re: Share Your Experience With Hunger by trolling(m): 3:25am On Jul 03, 2013
C'est moi:
dis didnt hapun to me.a frnd gisted me abt his frnd.he said hunger wire d guy sote hin mix garri wit maggi n fried it in palmoil since he didnt hv anythng to eat apart frm dat.i laf tire dat day.
chai ppl dey suffer o
Re: Share Your Experience With Hunger by adusco(m): 7:09am On Jul 03, 2013
I have a fwend that looks ugly anytym he is hungry

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience With Hunger by adusco(m): 7:12am On Jul 03, 2013
Have you try Gaari and locust beans..chai..boiz don suffer
Re: Share Your Experience With Hunger by bebechuks: 7:24am On Jul 03, 2013
nice4life: reminds me of undergraduate days, hunger was my major concern until God open my eyes and since then whenever am hungry I just remember his word "he humbled you and makes you to hungry that you may know that man should not live by bread alone" (my paraphrase)
so when i'm hungry i just quote this scripture to myself and I'll do just fine smiley
OMG!!! Hahahahaha
Re: Share Your Experience With Hunger by ctrlunlimited: 7:43am On Jul 03, 2013
Back den in skool,dere was dis sunday mornin I woke up wit jus N10 left, afta d normal church prepartion tins, I went 2 scout 4 chow in my friends rum buh 4tun8ly didn't find any,went 2church on an empty stomach,afta d sermon an anouncement went round dat d den final year student were avin dia sendforth service immediately afta d close of d main service and refreshment was involved, wit mario speed and jump I went 2d venue sat in front roll immediately afta d last host sits section which I neva do, cos I no wan use ear hear fud don finish,got served my share of d rice during d refreshment period wich I earnestly waited 4 and paid less attention 2d rest of d pre refreshment program,as I took d 1st spoon of my open pack of rice tears roll down my cheek, till 2day I still don't understand d meanin of dat tears lol.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience With Hunger by maygah(f): 8:08am On Jul 03, 2013
I cry like a baby when am very hungry

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience With Hunger by Bryan12(m): 9:17am On Jul 03, 2013
anything can happen to you,when you nat at home
Re: Share Your Experience With Hunger by Excel30: 9:23am On Jul 03, 2013
I knew the value of roughages when hunger catch me.I had no choice,but to feed on oranges4weeks&d orange tree self no b our own.I made sure i ate the inner part&almost ate the outer part just to fill my stomach.Hunger4sch,na serious matter ooooooo
Re: Share Your Experience With Hunger by Pa22(m): 9:32am On Jul 03, 2013
imolore: i have seen my spirit leaving my physical body after i have been pumpelled by hunger, i have to quickly jump up from bed in other for my spirit not to escape. this is real, that is what hunger can cause
I feel u! Lol!
Re: Share Your Experience With Hunger by Nobody: 9:32am On Jul 03, 2013
nice4life: reminds me of undergraduate days, hunger was my major concern until God open my eyes and since then whenever am hungry I just remember his word "he humbled you and makes you to hungry that you may know that man should not live by bread alone" (my paraphrase)
so when i'm hungry i just quote this scripture to myself and I'll do just fine smiley
'Hungry' never catch you.
@Topic,if you never went to boarding house and missed your breakfast
Then you won't understand what hunger can do.especially when you skipped dinner at night because they served watery beans.when in class the English language tutor might start speaking spanish to your ears.
We used to call it the hunger strike period
Re: Share Your Experience With Hunger by Nobody: 9:33am On Jul 03, 2013
My worst experience with hunger was in secondary school.My cupboard had just been broken into and my provisions and cash has been catered away,i had to be in school the next morning on empty stomach.My stomach was rumbling and it seems the worms where already churning up my insides,i felt light headed and slumped on my locker,i was battling for conciousnesss.At some point,i thought it wise to say my last prayers,my ego was bigger than my brain,i was too proud to beg for help.

Suddenly,i remembered it was the mango season and students always scramble for the fallen fruits during break time.i knew that I stand no chance against the energetic youths that will run miles to get to these trees once the bell rings,and some students skip classes just to pick these fruits.I solemnly prayed that God should grant me the strength to make it to the hostel before break time ,i also pleaded that he spare some of the fruits as am too weak to struggle.

I set off to the hostel which was quite a distance from the classrooms,blurry sighted but my hopes kept me moving . From a distance I could sight the succulent fruits lying beneath the trees,so fresh,with the dews still on them.Life came to me and I made a run to the tree known for the biggest fruits.I picked 7 huge mangoes and resigned on a fallen branch to enjoy my loot.

I couldn't forget that day,God was merciful!!!!!!!!

4 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience With Hunger by Pa22(m): 9:40am On Jul 03, 2013
Back in the 90s I woke up and found myself alone @ home. Felt good @ the idea of being alone until HUNGER started setting in. Worse still was when I found out water was the only food around. Cried my a** out and fell into a trance for hours only to discover that people have been knocking for hours by the time I woke up. God helped me, I woke up and asked if anyone had food as the only condition to open the door. I almost DIED!
Re: Share Your Experience With Hunger by MicroBox: 9:46am On Jul 03, 2013
I lost my medicated glasses more than once during my university days which is all courtesy of hunger.
Re: Share Your Experience With Hunger by Pa22(m): 9:50am On Jul 03, 2013
ctrlunlimited: Back den in skool,dere was dis sunday mornin I woke up wit jus N10 left, afta d normal church prepartion tins, I went 2 scout 4 chow in my friends rum buh 4tun8ly didn't find any,went 2church on an empty stomach,afta d sermon an anouncement went round dat d den final year student were avin dia sendforth service immediately afta d close of d main service and refreshment was involved, wit mario speed and jump I went 2d venue sat in front roll immediately afta d last host sits section which I neva do, cos I no wan use ear hear fud don finish,got served my share of d rice during d refreshment period wich I earnestly waited 4 and paid less attention 2d rest of d pre refreshment program,as I took d 1st spoon of my open pack of rice tears roll down my cheek, till 2day I still don't understand d meanin of dat tears lol.
That Grace saved u.
Re: Share Your Experience With Hunger by OmerianConsult: 11:37am On Jul 03, 2013
yvonnejoe:
ur a veri funi human being.

Thanks ma'am
Re: Share Your Experience With Hunger by OmerianConsult: 12:00pm On Jul 03, 2013
adusco: Have you try Gaari and locust beans..chai..boiz don suffer
Chai! Hunger-inspired creativity!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Dos And Don’ts For A Better 2016 / Exposed: Nneka123's Real Identity / Shorter Day, Longer Night?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.