Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,320 members, 7,943,796 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 02:30 AM

Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 - Literature (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 (41126 Views)

Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 - Round 2 - Hot Topics / Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 - Submission Thread For Round 1 / Re: Nairaland’s "The Poet" Competition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by 1miccza: 11:23pm On Aug 20, 2013
Oya solaceye nairalandpoets@yahoo.com said I should contact you o. Where are youMy email address is moedeemike@gmail.com
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by kennikazi(m): 12:02am On Aug 21, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: who is nairalandpoet@yahoo.com? angry
got a mail frm u pipz giving me a contact:-)...xo i am contacting the contact...did i do wrong?
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by ITbomb(m): 1:57am On Aug 21, 2013
kennikazi:
got a mail frm u pipz giving me a contact:-)...xo i am contacting the contact...did i do wrong?
Yes you did a terrible wrong by naming the nameless .
This has cost me 385kb to reply this post.
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by HumbledbYGrace(f): 8:15am On Aug 21, 2013
ITbomb:
This is very bad....we need to up the sales not the other way round.
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by kennikazi(m): 9:49am On Aug 21, 2013
ITbomb:
the nameless contacts name is solaceye...buh seems like ama be ma own designer...am half geek half artist;-)
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by HumbledbYGrace(f): 9:57am On Aug 21, 2013
kennikazi:
the nameless contacts name is solaceye...buh seems like ama be ma own designer...am half geek half artist;-)
its hard to get in touch with the guy, can I please talk to someone who might help us out? Unless your ok?
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by kennikazi(m): 10:00am On Aug 21, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: its hard to get in touch with the guy, can I please talk to someone who might help us out? Unless your ok?
i fink am ok...working with a designer this late wont do me any gud
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by HumbledbYGrace(f): 10:03am On Aug 21, 2013
kennikazi:
i fink am ok...working with a designer this late wont do me any gud
Perfect

And good luck
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by timpaker(m): 11:35am On Aug 21, 2013

where is my designer oooooooooo?

Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by HumbledbYGrace(f): 11:46am On Aug 21, 2013
timpaker:
where is my designer oooooooooo?

I offered help but you didn't bugde, that was on Sunday, ai contact onegig m sure he could squeeze some time on his hands to help you.
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Solaceye: 12:49pm On Aug 21, 2013
Am here to work with you. Solace Stephen on fb pls.
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Solaceye: 1:24pm On Aug 21, 2013
1mic_cza: Oya solaceye nairalandpoets@yahoo.com said I should contact you o. Where are youMy email address is moedeemike@gmail.com
check your mail pls and hurry up so as to start without any further delay
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Pdizzle(m): 1:51pm On Aug 21, 2013
Pls wen is d deadline
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Pdizzle(m): 1:51pm On Aug 21, 2013
Pls wen is d deadline
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by HumbledbYGrace(f): 2:04pm On Aug 21, 2013
Pdizzle: Pls wen is d deadline
24th @ 11:30pm west african time.
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Nobody: 3:12pm On Aug 21, 2013
I've just seen the graphic for my poem and I must admit I'm very fvcking pleased.

Centje is an absolute star no doubt.
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Cuddlemii: 3:33pm On Aug 21, 2013
ANNOUNCEMENT:

For the ones that had their designs on time, and submitted early, Id be giving you additional 3 2 bonus marks. This is because you are considerate. I pleaded that the ones ready with their designs should submit early so we can identify the ones without designers, and re-assign them. So I inconvenienced, or pressured you into submitting early, while others take their time to perfect their work. I am referring to Irshitbey, Piresgu, and She-blayze. Thank you for putting others first. For those that have their designs but are holding back, hence making our work more difficult, continue using your wayo senses o! grin

1 Like

Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by kennikazi(m): 3:43pm On Aug 21, 2013
Cuddlemii: ANNOUNCEMENT:

For the ones that had their designs on time, and submitted early, Id be giving you additional 32 bonus marks. This is because you are considerate. I pleaded that the ones ready with their designs should submit early so we can identify the ones without designers, and re-assign them. So I inconvenienced, or pressured you into submitting early, while others take their time to perfect their work. I am referring to Irshitbey, Piresgu, and She-blayze. Thank you for putting others first. For those that have their designs but are holding back, hence making our work more difficult, continue using your wayo senses o! grin
32 bonus points!!!!! I object! It is you that is doing the wayo o!!
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Cuddlemii: 3:46pm On Aug 21, 2013
kennikazi:
32 bonus points!!!!! I object! It is you that is doing the wayo o!!

32?shocked

Oh no, I gave them 3 but changed it to 2. Still contemplating though.
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by princesa(f): 4:01pm On Aug 21, 2013
Cuddlemii:
ANNOUNCEMENT:

For the ones that had their designs on time, and submitted early, Id be
giving you additional 3 2 bonus marks. This is because
you are considerate. I pleaded that the ones ready with their designs
should submit early so we can identify the ones without designers, and
re-assign them. So I inconvenienced, or pressured you into submitting
early, while others take their time to perfect their work. I am
referring to Irshitbey, Piresgu, and She-blayze.
Thank you for putting others first. For those that have their designs
but are holding back, hence making our work more difficult, continue using your wayo senses o! grin
where is my name na sad I've submitted my poem and design since, and preparing to submit the analysis before midnight that the thread will be closedsad i tried na! atleast give me na please 20 embarassed
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Nobody: 4:07pm On Aug 21, 2013
How bout people like me who have just seen only just seen an unfinished graphic today?

The concept of Giving bonus points based on submission time in a contest that is supposed to judge prowess is deeply flawed...especially if you cannot prove that the contestants who are yet to submit are withholding their entries to prove difficult...and most especially when the established deadline is yet to expire...

I'm beginning to infer that the organisers are under the notion that they are doing contestants a favour judging by the flippant and in some cases outright rude wordings of their communications both on the threads and in their emails

It says a lot about a person's organisational skills if their communications to contestants continue to include sly digs and indirect verbal assaults... undecided
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by ITbomb(m): 4:15pm On Aug 21, 2013
^^^

Very bad combination with poetry
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by pasionate(m): 4:36pm On Aug 21, 2013
[quote author=Cuddlemii]ANNOUNCEMENT:
For the ones that had their designs on time, and submitted early, Id be giving you additional 3 2 bonus marks. This is because you are considerate. I pleaded that the ones ready with their designs should submit early so we can identify the ones without designers, and re-assign them. So I inconvenienced, or pressured you into submitting early, while others take their time to perfect their work.
ME NKO? A DON SUBMIT NW.
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Cuddlemii: 4:44pm On Aug 21, 2013
jackbauersballs: How bout people like me who have just seen only just seen an unfinished graphic today?

The concept of Giving bonus points based on submission time in a contest that is supposed to judge prowess is deeply flawed...especially if you cannot prove that the contestants who are yet to submit are withholding their entries to prove difficult...and most especially when the established deadline is yet to expire...

I'm beginning to infer that the organisers are under the notion that they are doing contestants a favour judging by the flippant and in some cases outright rude wordings of their communications both on the threads and in their emails

It says a lot about a person's organisational skills if their communications to contestants continue to include sly digs and indirect verbal assaults... undecided

Oh please let me hear word. You know fully well that I am not the kind to exchange or trade words. I'd just go straight to the point. Many contestants have been complaining both online, and offline about lacking designers, or would you claim you don't know about this?

However, most contestants have their designs already. Or you don't think we can track them? If these people submit theirs, then we can re-assign other poets to their designers. This is to make everyone excel in the competition. The bonus mark of 2 points is to encourage these people that submitted, and to inspire others to submit their finished work. It is not a big deal. In the email, I also emphasized the issues that can arise such as large file size and wrong file format, which is good to address now, and not at the last minute.

You were the only contestant we changed its designer just because you mentioned it. I wont go into details, I don't like to complain, and sulk. I am more particular about productivity. So many adjustments have been done in the competition to make all the contestants satisfied, that we don't need to list. Some roles we had to adopt that a normal competition won't. I hope you know we do not have the powers to maneuver the competition? I also got limited support from the forum. This was just an idea to encourage/promote poets. No one is doing anyone any favors. We could all be somewhere sipping cold drinks, and partying but we all decided to put poetry on a pedestal. So all contestants, and organizers are doing a good job.
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by princesa(f): 4:50pm On Aug 21, 2013
...and that was a piece of her mind cool
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Cuddlemii: 4:54pm On Aug 21, 2013
[quote author=pasionate][/quote]

Lol, I am still contemplating about the bonus points. I don't want to upset anyone. wink
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Cuddlemii: 4:57pm On Aug 21, 2013
princesa: ...and that was a piece of her mind cool

Leave my Jack alone.

Funny enough, I am attracted to him. I like literary bad boys, but sometimes he scares me. He needs to let me in
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Nobody: 5:03pm On Aug 21, 2013
Cuddlemii:

Oh please let me hear word. You know fully well that I am not the kind to exchange or trade words. I'd just go straight to the point.

I have absolutely no idea. And why should I? undecided

Many contestants have been complaining both online, and offline about lacking designers, or would you claim you don't know about this? However, most contestants have their designs already. Or you don't think we can track them? If these people submit theirs, then we can re-assign other poets to their designers. This is to make everyone excel in the competition. The bonus mark of 2 points is to encourage these people that submitted, and to inspire others to submit their finished work. It is not a big deal. In the email, I also emphasized the issues that can arise such as large file size and wrong file format, which is good to address now, and not at the last minute.

Still not a valid reason to give bonus points. What happens if a less impressive early submitter edges a win over a better but later contestant by 2 points?? This is a competition of wits and skill...and not of timeliness and efficiency. Therefore rewarding the latter over the former is only appropriate if you were recruiting for a receptionist.

Now back to favors, you were the only contestant we changed its designer because you just mentioned it. I wont go into details, I don't like to complain, and sulk. I am more particular about productivity. So many adjustments have been done in the competition to make all the contestants satisfied, that we don't need to list. Some roles we had to adopt that a normal competition won't. I hope you know we do not have the powers to maneuver the competition? I also got limited support from the forum. This was just an idea to encourage/promote poets. No one is doing anyone any favors. We could all be somewhere sipping cold drinks, and partying but we all decided to put poetry on a pedestal. So all contestants, and organizers are doing a good job.

This paragraph is the very epitome of the arrogant nature I've been speaking about all this while.

I was originally assigned Centje. I was then re-assigned to a designer who I noticed what highly religious and probably incompatible with the theme I had in mind. I raised this and got reassigned...and you class this as a favour?

A favour?

Admittedly,you have done a good job so far in organizing this competition. But your assertion that you cold be having cold drinks instead of organizing is both pointless and arrogant. If you are better off relaxing with a cold drink, then by all means do so...nobody needs the unnecessary aggro of an organizer who keeps asserting that they have better things to do.
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Cuddlemii: 5:15pm On Aug 21, 2013
jackbauersballs:

Am I seriously going to reply you? undecided Oh lawd! cheesy

Jack, you are the most arrogant person I've ever met. Take a look at your post below, you had to say that when others were crying for designers?
jackbauersballs: I've just seen the graphic for my poem and I must admit I'm very fvcking pleased.

Centje is an absolute star no doubt.

Anyhoo, the statement about sipping cold drinks applied to both contestants, and organizers. I also said we all decided to put poetry on a pedestal, and we are all doing a good job. I am too humble to be arrogant, dear. Pick on some of the literary wizards here, you know I am gonna bore you, I am not good at trading words or writing embarassed.
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by princesa(f): 5:16pm On Aug 21, 2013
*grabs popcorn and coke* cheesy

i hope this is gonna be a thrilling eveningcheesy

1 Like

Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Mynd44: 5:17pm On Aug 21, 2013
Ego trips
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by kennikazi(m): 5:30pm On Aug 21, 2013
ds one everyone is excited in ds rum....what did i miss?? :-D

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (33) (Reply)

Top 10 Nigerian Writers Of All Time. / Popular Works Of African Poets. / Defiant Young Wole Soyinka After Release From Prison Custody In 1969

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.