Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,049 members, 7,916,042 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 02:21 PM

I Will Be Careful With Issue Of Senate Approving Military Chief - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Be Careful With Issue Of Senate Approving Military Chief (475 Views)

Senators Push Back Against Saraki’s Intrigues, Use Of Senate To Fight,. / BREAKING: Fmr pres jonathan denies approving $2b Arms Procurement / Full Text Of Okonjo Iweala’s Letter Approving Sharing Of Abacha Loot By Dasuki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Will Be Careful With Issue Of Senate Approving Military Chief by musiwa28: 10:43pm On Jul 01, 2013
I will be careful with issue of senate approving military chief.

Even while the USA requires this.. In the case of Nigeria.. military coup is one danger they most look at. And the president most have to choice who he thinks he trust. I dont think keyamo is right.

but it most be balance..

If the senate approve military chief. because of the way the composition of the national assembly is.. Where.. It is not based on population proportionality.. It will be unfair to majority of Nigeria.

And with the present security problem. You want to be careful. if the national assembly was based on true population. then it will be advice.. but it is not.. more of imagine figure by some scam artist.

Look at Ilorin 2 million and compare with Kano.. 9 million I do not believe the composition of the national assembly because it is not based on population proportionality..

This is Ilorin and this is kano If we dont fix the problem.. There should not be anything like that.. Without fixing the satellite pictures.. the senate or national assembly is not well compose to take on that responsibility.
Re: I Will Be Careful With Issue Of Senate Approving Military Chief by musiwa28: 10:46pm On Jul 01, 2013
You will end up having military men bribing the politician for position. I dont think that is right..

(1) (Reply)

Educated Fools. / I Support Dialogue With Boko Haram – Governor Shettima Of Borno / Breaking: Jonathan Honours Nigeria’s 4x400m Olympic Gold Medallists With N5mn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.