Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,913 members, 7,872,954 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 05:19 AM

Ekiti Opens Se.x Offenders' Register - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekiti Opens Se.x Offenders' Register (749 Views)

False Statement On Social Media: Senate Seeks For 2-Year-Jail Term For Offenders / Lagos Establishes Sex Offenders’ Register / Commit A Sex Crime In Lagos And Get On The Sex Offenders’ Register. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ekiti Opens Se.x Offenders' Register by Nobody: 5:30pm On Jul 02, 2013
ADO EKITI - In a bid to discourage cases of rape and sexual harassment, Ekiti State government has opened a black book, called the Sexual Offender Register, where a list of convicted sexual offenders would be compiled and registered in the government gazette.

The Attorney-General and Commissioner for Justice, Mr. Olawale Fapohunda, made the disclosure while receiving the gender-based Violence Prohibition Law Management Committee led by the wife of the governor, Erelu Bisi Fayemi, in his office.

Mrs Fayemi who is the chairperson of the committee in the state was accompanied on the advocacy visit by the state Commissioner for Women Affairs, Social Development and Gender Empowerment, Mrs. Fola Richie-Adewusi.

The team which had paid similar visits to the Vice Chancellor, Ekiti State University, Prof. Oladipo Aina and the state police command where they met the state Commissioner of Police, Mr. Sotonye Wakama and state Chief Judge, Justice Ayodeji Daramola.

Judging by the trauma victims of rape and other forms of sexual assault undergo, Fapohunda said the sexual offender register would ensure that perpetrators were ostracized from the society.

In her response, Mrs Fayemi urged the commissioner to assign gender-based violence-related cases to lawyers adequately trained for the purpose, who are sensitive to gender issues.

source: http://odili.net/news/source/2013/jul/2/301.html

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Opens Se.x Offenders' Register by Nobody: 6:36pm On Jul 02, 2013
Good move grin
Re: Ekiti Opens Se.x Offenders' Register by kkkp: 6:47pm On Jul 02, 2013
Gud muv
Re: Ekiti Opens Se.x Offenders' Register by Nobody: 6:51pm On Jul 02, 2013
kkkp: Gud muv
SniperInADiaper: Good move grin

Exactly. This will greatly assist parents when they need info about a potential house-help or teacher.
Re: Ekiti Opens Se.x Offenders' Register by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jul 02, 2013
We need one Intimate offenders register on nairaland too . 25 years ban with hard labour.Seun, oya over to you! grin
Re: Ekiti Opens Se.x Offenders' Register by Gbawe: 7:25pm On Jul 02, 2013
berem: We need one Intimate offenders register on nairaland too . 25 years ban with hard labour.Seun, oya over to you! grin

Berem, you must be kidding. The way all these randy men harass you women here, any such list will simply crash the Nairaland server and mess Seun up . grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ekiti Opens Se.x Offenders' Register by Nobody: 7:32pm On Jul 02, 2013
Gbawe:

Berem, you must be kidding. The way all these randy men harass you women here, any such list will simply crash the Nairaland server and mess Seun up . grin grin grin grin grin
Am not kidding Bros mi! infact, as a feminist, i will take the matter up and make sure Seun does something about it. some people should be taught how to respect women. cheesy
Re: Ekiti Opens Se.x Offenders' Register by Gbawe: 7:43pm On Jul 02, 2013
berem: Am not kidding Bros mi! infact, as a feminist, i will take the matter up and make sure Seun does something about it. some people should be taught how to respect women. cheesy

I actually agree with you. When I see the shameless e-leering going on here, I actually wonder how many Nairaland male are well-adjusted and enjoying normal social interaction with 'consenting' females. To me, the rate of e-leering of some guys here is rather too serious to dismiss.

We actually had a real case here where a Nairalander was exposed by some girls at his higher institution for how he used to leer at them sexually and like a pervert. Uncannily, the chap had exactly the same behaviour on Nairaland. He soon disappeared after he was exposed here grin grin grin grin
Re: Ekiti Opens Se.x Offenders' Register by Nobody: 7:52pm On Jul 02, 2013
Gbawe:

I actually agree with you. When I see the shameless e-leering going on here, I actually wonder how many Nairaland male are well-adjusted and enjoying normal social interaction with 'consenting' females. To me, the rate of e-leering of some guys here is rather too serious to dismiss.

We actually had a real case here where a Nairalander was exposed by some girls at his higher institution for how he used to leer at them sexually and like a pervert. Uncannily, the chap had exactly the same behaviour on Nairaland. He soon disappeared after he was exposed here grin grin grin grin
You shouldn't be surprised that those men who leer women on this forum are like that in real life. it's either they have marital problems or they have been jilted by their lover or they dont get the female attraction they desire.They have no where to pour their anger except on the internet. where no one will know about their fustration. grin
Re: Ekiti Opens Se.x Offenders' Register by biolabee(m): 8:02pm On Jul 02, 2013
This is a novel idea...

I hope this issue can be expanded nationwide...

Too many sex crazed paedos
Re: Ekiti Opens Se.x Offenders' Register by lakpalakpa: 8:05pm On Jul 02, 2013
a list of convicted intimate offenders would be compiled and registered in the government gazette.

That's real challenge, our investigators usually mess up most of these cases making it difficult for rapists to be convicted.

Worse still many RA.PE cases go unreported because of the trauma associated with the act.

Nice development all d same!!
Re: Ekiti Opens Se.x Offenders' Register by Nobody: 8:57pm On Jul 02, 2013
Gbawe:

Lmao grin grin grin
Some men also leer at the under-age girls here. It's quite alarming.

(1) (Reply)

. / Imo Governor Okorocha Says His Regime Has Not Borrowed / Chief Femi Fani-kayode Finally Apologises And Ask For Fogiveness.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.