Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,356 members, 7,920,340 topics. Date: Wednesday, 14 August 2024 at 02:51 AM

What Do I Do My Aunts Are Against My Marriage To My Fiance - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Do I Do My Aunts Are Against My Marriage To My Fiance (3336 Views)

How Virginity Almost Destroyed My Marriage - Thanks To Nlanders / My Fiance Asked Me To Choose: House Or Marriage? / I Am Scared To Leave My Fiance Behind For My Studies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do I Do My Aunts Are Against My Marriage To My Fiance by Nobody: 1:25pm On Jul 05, 2013
Efemena_xy:

No.

The decision to put her foot down and fight for her man (if she really believes he's the one for her), has to come from within. It has to be a fire burning deep inside her. The fire of love for the one she believes she truly wants to spend the rest of her life with.

Telling her how to go about it only proves that she isn't ready. You don't tell / show a woman in love how to get her man. She instinctively knows what to do and how to do it, be it by-fire-by-force.

You do have a point and I totally agree with you.
But if there's anything i've seen on nairaland, it's the fact that some people can almost come here to say "Nairalanders, please, how do I make love to my woman"...na so pple no get mind reach for here. You've been here long enough and I know you understand what I'm saying. If you don't believe, visit the romance section one day and come back to tell me if the op's plight is too big a deal on nairaland.
Re: What Do I Do My Aunts Are Against My Marriage To My Fiance by EfemenaXY: 1:32pm On Jul 05, 2013
alutacontinua:

You do have a point and I totally agree with you.
But if there's anything i've seen on nairaland, it's the fact that some people can almost come here to say "Nairalanders, please, how do I make love to my woman"...na so pple no get mind reach for here. You've been here long enough and I know you understand what I'm saying. If you don't believe, visit the romance section one day and come back to tell me if the op's plight is too big a deal on nairaland.

Lol!

Nah, the romance section doesn't do it for me. Too many kids and pre-jambites messing around there with their wannabe issues. Fact is, this girl just isn't ready to get married. She better stick to watching Nollywood movies.
Re: What Do I Do My Aunts Are Against My Marriage To My Fiance by Codedeben: 8:17pm On Jul 07, 2013
Amelian: @ op, such dilemmas like yours is common everywhere in nija... And the stvpid reasons either parents give is, so pathetic and tribalistic... .... No wonder, we have couples saddled with partners they don't really want as their spouses..and tend to treat each other , with disdain or lack of commitment , hence a New marriage that's meant to be filled with love and trusts, is then built on resentments and resigned thots ...... And due to this same family pressure from one side or either side, the lady or the guy , will eventually succumb to the family pressures.
And if both loving couple go ahead , in d midst of all warnings not to, heed to their warning...... I bet you, either his / her aunt or mother or a female member will go an extra mile, to make sure their union flops from the very beginning ( as if someone send her work)..., till when both loving couples becomes strangers or enemies in their earlier loving home sad
Thus divorce, separation is just around the corner waiting.
While such families are waiting patiently to hear the good news, that they are divorced and its irreconcilable .... angry
Pls be very prayerful o.... May God help us from the wicked intentions of our enemies....amen

Gaskiya, you said it all.
Re: What Do I Do My Aunts Are Against My Marriage To My Fiance by Codedeben: 8:38pm On Jul 07, 2013
Chidera Favour: This is very serious, but have you ever bothered to know why your late mum warned that none of you should get married to Imo people? I think that there must be a good reason for that, to the extent of appearing to your younger sister in a dream. Please am not saying that your family are 100% correct for not letting you marry your dream man but where a child is pointing to while crying either his father or mother must be there. In marriage some times, parents expecially the mum plays a great part in approving life partner, if your mum is not in support of your chosing partner try your possible best to get her convinced because if you ignore her, the marriage is 70% sure of hiting the rock. Now your mum is no more and she is not in support of the marriage, where can you see her to convince her mind? Please my sister I'm very sorry to say this, if you have tried all your possible best to get the approval of your family and didnt succide I beg you let that marriage go, pray that God should give you a partner that will be cherished by everyone. I know that it is not that easy sha! but just try you must surely get over it, in this world, nothing is too good nor too bad depending on the area you looked about it, after all the beautiful ones they said are not yet born, meaning that there is nothing that is the best thing in this world, and nothing now will happen in this world that had never happened before. Once again I pray that God will come right away to intervene in that your case.
Good luck!

So if she opted out of that relationship and later got another guy who happen to be from the same state with the former one, what then would happen? Okay she'll have to discard that one too like used CD.

Dear, what's their reason for not suporting it? Are they God? So because it didn't work for someone who's from that state means it won't work for this one too. I'm tired of all this people's sentimental lifestyle. We need to abolish it. One woman would because of one unfortunate incident that once happened to someone who married from a particular tribe, kindred, advices against what could probably be a happy union. As someone earlier said, one needs to put them inn their places sometimes. Was that how they convinced them against their choice during their time? The most annoying part of the whole things is while they're trying to brainwash you, they'll never see or cite examples of similar ones that works, they'll look for the terrible ones to scare and discourage you.

My submission. There's no established principle about marrying from any place. All we see is mythical weapons laced with sentiments from those old folks. The same place they ask you not to marry from another person did and they're enjoying thr lives together. So what are we saying?

I accept sometimes they could be right but in most cases they don't even have the license to what or how the future would be like talk more of being able to determine if you have made a wrong decision or not.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Need Your Matured Advise. / See This Shocking Marriage Between A Young Man And His Lady (photos) / I Would Have Get Marry To Igbo Lady But God Save Me!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.