Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,069 members, 7,890,522 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 03:21 PM

Who's The Head Of The House?? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Who's The Head Of The House?? (1223 Views)

Re : Man Is Not The Head Of The Family / Men Are NOT The HEAD Of The Family! Read My Reason! / Why Is The Man The Head Of The Family? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who's The Head Of The House?? by Nobody: 2:11pm On Jul 06, 2013
What really makes Men the Head of the home? What gives Men the dominant power over how things are run in a home? Are they really the head or it's just an ostentatious Title to boost their chauvinistic ego to let live?

I really need to put this thought to bed, are men really the head of the household because they earn more or because it is ordained by the Holy books.

So in other words if the earning power favours the woman does that shift the position of the Head?

What really makes Men the Head of the home? Your thoughts..... smiley
Re: Who's The Head Of The House?? by Deybesee(f): 2:17pm On Jul 06, 2013
I think the men are the head of the family(following the bible)
Re: Who's The Head Of The House?? by Nobody: 2:38pm On Jul 06, 2013
Just like every other word, the word 'head' has a relative meaning. Unless the poster tells us the meaning of 'head' that she wants us to work with, i don't have an answer! cool

1 Like

Re: Who's The Head Of The House?? by Nobody: 2:41pm On Jul 06, 2013
^^ you know what I'm talking about wink I believe we are all adults here.
Re: Who's The Head Of The House?? by biolabee(m): 2:47pm On Jul 06, 2013
promises of fireworks

following..
Re: Who's The Head Of The House?? by Nobody: 2:48pm On Jul 06, 2013
Re: Who's The Head Of The House?? by Nobody: 2:52pm On Jul 06, 2013
chaircover: No question about it for me . . its the man.

My Bible tells me so plus a heap of other reasons that I'm too lazy to write down embarassed grin

Am I allowed to follow your post?
Re: Who's The Head Of The House?? by Nobody: 2:56pm On Jul 06, 2013
chaircover: No question about it for me . . its the man.

My Bible tells me so plus a heap of other reasons that I'm too lazy to write down embarassed grin

angry angry
Re: Who's The Head Of The House?? by EfemenaXY: 3:08pm On Jul 06, 2013
jidegirl12:
What really makes Men the Head of the home? What gives Men the dominant power over how things are run in a home? Are they really the head or it's just an ostentatious Title to boost their chauvinistic ego to let live?

I really need to put this thought to bed, are men really the head of the household because they earn more or because it is ordained by the Holy books.

So in other words if the earning power favours the woman does that shift the position of the Head?

What really makes Men the Head of the home? Your thoughts..... smiley

It's a no brainer - the man. Simple.

The Bible, Koran, Juju, and all religious books say so (if you go by their teachings)

It's also based on our primitive instincts. From the beginning, the man was the hunter-gather AND protector of the home front. The woman the helper and mate.

Besides, the man is stronger physically, so it's natural that the responsibility of fending, defending his patch home should rest on his shoulders.

Look at it this way: Both the man and woman have their roles to play and need each other. The head (man) cannot function without the neck (woman).

1 Like

Re: Who's The Head Of The House?? by Nobody: 4:36pm On Jul 06, 2013
So according to comments so far here conclude; religious beliefs / doctrines validates the Man as the head of the family. No problemo. smiley
Re: Who's The Head Of The House?? by dayokanu(m): 4:42pm On Jul 06, 2013
The man is the head because nature has made him so.

Physically he is most likely to be stronger.

WHen naming the Household its named after the man- A woman drops her name.

When the house is facing any problem or attack, A man is expected to go and face the problem
Re: Who's The Head Of The House?? by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jul 06, 2013
A man is the head of the house because that is what religion, culture and society expects. The man is expected to be stronger, provide and guard his family. He also marries the wife who in turn takes his family name so the man is the head. Since naturally women spend more time taking care of the children and home, the man had to be the one hunting for food, shelter etc so planning for the family.

But nothing says a woman cannot be the head of the family as long as the couple both understand she is the head. What causes trouble is when the man thinks he is the head and the woman does not think so!
Re: Who's The Head Of The House?? by Bawss1(m): 7:06pm On Jul 06, 2013
The man is the head of the house. This is because nature designed him so. The man is by default better suited to fend for the family, he is physically stronger and more rationally inclined to deal with the vagaries of the material world. At least this is how he ought to be unless he allows his essence to be corrupted.

The woman on the other hand is the counter point of the man, she is better adapted to provide support, care and guidance. She is built in a gentler form and is more inclined to deal with the spiritual influences of life matters. Again that is how she should be unless she allows her essense to be corrupted.

The genders have specific roles to play in family life; on the material side, the man leads; on the spiritual side the woman leads. Together they provide the balancing effect which is necessary for progress as one cannot thrive without the other.

It is this realisation that many religions and cultures have tried to express according to their own understanding.
Re: Who's The Head Of The House?? by damiso(f): 7:39pm On Jul 06, 2013
Singing Jagged Edge's "Baby am the head of this household" wink.I used to love that song hen, I wonder where jagged edge are these days.*****reminiscing on them r&b days**** cheesy

Back to topic,well to me cos the Bible says so(and all the other reasons other posters gave grin).Cop out I know sis but really really sef am happy being the neck grin.I dont want to drag headship with anyone ojere.Make we dey chase money together but He is the man I am his helpmate wink Let me be the leader elsewhere.

1 Like

Re: Who's The Head Of The House?? by EfemenaXY: 9:05pm On Jul 06, 2013
^^ Beautiful song Damiso!!

Listening to that song now-now. kiss Abeg share some more of your '90's R&B here...my favourite kind of music

Jide, you too. I know you also love '90's R&B smiley smiley
Re: Who's The Head Of The House?? by Bawss1(m): 9:47pm On Jul 06, 2013
^ 90s R&B/Hip hop is the best ever! cool Thankfully there are several Internet radio stations to cater to music from that era. Check them out and build your playlists, that's how I get my fix. smiley
Re: Who's The Head Of The House?? by jmoore(m): 10:01pm On Jul 06, 2013
nawa
Re: Who's The Head Of The House?? by EfemenaXY: 10:17pm On Jul 06, 2013
Bawss1: ^ 90s R&B/Hip hop is the best ever! cool Thankfully there are several Internet radio stations to cater to music from that era. Check them out and build your playlists, that's how I get my fix. smiley

smiley smiley

Will do, ta smiley
Re: Who's The Head Of The House?? by damiso(f): 11:09pm On Jul 06, 2013
Efemena_xy: ^^ Beautiful song Damiso!!

Listening to that song now-now. kiss Abeg share some more of your '90's R&B here...my favourite kind of music

Jide, you too. I know you also love '90's R&B smiley smiley

I loved jagged edge so much.I remember back in the days of discmans, all my jagged edge cds were in trouble.Most of those r&b songs had some kind yeye romantic attachment at the time (hope oga no dey read this thread grin).Let me list some of my favs.

Boyz 2 Men-On Bended Knees
Joe-All That I Am
Jagged Edge- Promise
Jagged Edge-Lets Get Married
Boyz 2 Men-Doing just fine(this one I kept playing it when.i broke up with one yeye bf like that grin)
Boyz 2Men-Four Seasons of loneliness
Jodeci-Cry for you
Jodeci-Stay
Boyz2Men-Water runs dry
In short too many men cheesy
Lets not derail jide's thread.Sorry jidegirl kiss
Re: Who's The Head Of The House?? by Nobody: 11:15pm On Jul 06, 2013
*dont derail this thread oh* grin

take y'all R&B outta here....honestly , I can't stand that Cary rea Jepsen whining voice I swear... 'call me maybe' aghh Justin Beiber 'girlfriend' nko? I just smh @ my kid going gaga for them.

90s and early 2000s all the way cool R.Kelly, Brian .McKnight, Robin Thicke, TLC, bobby brown good enough, new edition.....

Ku ise Dami angry
Re: Who's The Head Of The House?? by damiso(f): 11:33pm On Jul 06, 2013
Tani Cary Rae Jepsen? Maybe cos I still have preschoolers but I am in a time warp concerning music(ok I like Drake a lil and whathisname erm So sick of love Songs dude and beyonce small cheesy).But 90's early noughties ehen grin
Sorry nowwwwww kiss kiss kiss kiss
But a girl can reminisce naw abi? No be you ask for head of the home.And I gave you song for it grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Who's The Head Of The House?? by Nobody: 11:48pm On Jul 06, 2013
LOL grin grin you're a case. Okay then knock yourself out while I finish typing this text message to Mr.Dami grin

Doing just fine ko grin
Re: Who's The Head Of The House?? by Dantedasz(m): 8:02am On Jul 07, 2013
It is quite obvious who the head of the house is-THE WOMAN.
Women are so cunning that they trick the man into thinking he is the leader of the house when he is not. Real power in the home belongs to women,it is just that men are blinded by their ego and as such can't see very well that the wife is actually the power in the house.
Re: Who's The Head Of The House?? by EfemenaXY: 9:35am On Jul 07, 2013
damiso:

I loved jagged edge so much.I remember back in the days of discmans, all my jagged edge cds were in trouble.Most of those r&b songs had some kind yeye romantic attachment at the time (hope oga no dey read this thread grin).Let me list some of my favs.

Boyz 2 Men-On Bended Knees
Joe-All That I Am
Jagged Edge- Promise
Jagged Edge-Lets Get Married
Boyz 2 Men-Doing just fine(this one I kept playing it when.i broke up with one yeye bf like that grin)
Boyz 2Men-Four Seasons of loneliness
Jodeci-Cry for you
Jodeci-Stay
Boyz2Men-Water runs dry
In short too many men cheesy
Lets not derail jide's thread.Sorry jidegirl kiss

grin grin grin

AZ - Yet Last Night
RKelly - I Believe I can Fly
Boyz II Men - End of the road
Blackstreet Boys - Don't Leave Me Girl
BackStreet Boys - I Want It That Way
Mark Morrison - Return Of The Mack
Shai - If I Ever Fall In Love

jidegirl12: *dont derail this thread oh* grin

take y'all R&B outta here....honestly , I can't stand that Cary rea Jepsen whining voice I swear... 'call me maybe' aghh Justin Beiber 'girlfriend' nko? I just smh @ my kid going gaga for them.

90s and early 2000s all the way cool R.Kelly, Brian .McKnight, Robin Thicke, TLC, bobby brown good enough, new edition.....

Ku ise Dami angry

Sorry Jide...I can't help it! Na Damiso start am....her fault... shocked shocked

Keith Sweat, Jodeci, Ralph Tresvant, Tevin Campbell, SWV, Changing Faces, Soul for Real, Silk, Hi-Five, Monifah, Babyface, H-town, Blackstreet, G Levert, Case, 112, Brownstone,Toni Braxton ,Kut Klose,..., lets put Zapp & Roger in the mix -" I wanna be your man"

Tevin Campbell, New Edition, H-Town, Ginuwine, Color Me Badd, Al B. Sure!, Jesse Powell, Keith Sweat, Johnny Gill, Immature, Guy, Gerald Levert, Mint Condition

Ahhhhhh!!!! grin grin tongue tongue

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

La wash / Pls Help: Review Rechargeble Fans And Light Bulbs, Which Product To Buy / 21 Ways To Love Your Partner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.