Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,851 members, 7,872,842 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 11:42 PM

Tunde Bakare Insults Catholics On Channels Tv - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tunde Bakare Insults Catholics On Channels Tv (739 Views)

Pastor Tunde Bakare Saw An Igbo Giant Pursuing Him In Dream - Sahara Reporters / Pictures From Pastor Tunde Bakare's 60TH BIRTHDAY / All GO's & Religious Leaders Must Go To Prison — Pastor Tunde Bakare (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tunde Bakare Insults Catholics On Channels Tv by Aksonman: 11:28pm On Jul 07, 2013
Pentecostal christians are always the first to quote biblical passages that urge us not to speak ill about God's annointed. Why then would certain pentecostal pastors openly attack the doctrines of orthodox christians on national tv?

A few hours ago,i watched Pastor Tunde Bakare's show of shame on Channels tv where he openly castigated Catholics for honoring the blessed virgin Mary. Pastor Bakare read several scriptures and imposed his own interpretations; including suggestions that the blessed virgin Mary had other children and was irrelevant in our salvation. He rounded up by stating that over 1 billion catholics are being decieved.

As a Catholic, I find Pastor Bakare's sermon very offensive and provocative. The virgin Mary is a revered personality in Catholic tradition and no one has the right to insult our doctrine on national TV,even if you dont agree with it.

Certainly,Pastor Bakare will not try this on a muslim doctrine. Here's a man who has never openly condemed Boko Haram activities ,but rather chooses to constantly attack Jonathan's PDP government.

Religious tolerance goes beyond muslim vs christian; we all must respect each others doctrines,tradItions and beliefs.

The pastor also made unpleasant remarks about Deeper life church,suggesting that their spiritual leaders were hypocrites.

I will also hold channels tv culpable for providing a platform for Pastor Bakare to dish out his 'hate speech' on Catholic doctrine and other christian denominatons.

I call on all catholics and true christians not to take this lying down but to ensure that Pastor Bakare apologizes to the Nigerian Catholic church and christian community while he concentrates on his own flock.

Is it not shameful that Pastor Bakare is a man who once vied for the vice-presidency of multi religious Nigeria with a muslim principal. And yet he's intolerant of Christain doctrines different from his.

Moderator,this is a serious protest...front page please

3 Likes

Re: Tunde Bakare Insults Catholics On Channels Tv by Nobody: 12:09am On Jul 08, 2013
Re: Tunde Bakare Insults Catholics On Channels Tv by ximarro(m): 12:27am On Jul 08, 2013
U don't nid 2 get vexed ova it. Let God b d judge. After all, it doesn't affect u in any way if u truly bliv wat d Catholics practise is in line with God's word. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Tunde Bakare Insults Catholics On Channels Tv by Nobody: 1:35am On Jul 08, 2013
issue of hate apart. Are his points biblically untrue?
Re: Tunde Bakare Insults Catholics On Channels Tv by julimax(m): 7:55am On Jul 08, 2013
Have U̶̲̥̅̊ all eaten today.....una D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣ argue about events of 2000 years ago with no pictures or proof
Re: Tunde Bakare Insults Catholics On Channels Tv by Pygru: 8:39am On Jul 08, 2013
Re: Tunde Bakare Insults Catholics On Channels Tv by Nobody: 10:24am On Jul 08, 2013
idnoble135: issue of hate apart. Are his points biblically untrue?
I don't think that is the point, bro. The point I think is, no matter what the doctrine is, you don't use words which indirectly demean the understanding of the central theme of whatever you claim to hold.
To use the word 'deceived' is suggestive of a people marked for damnation. Then ask yourself what your bible tells you on passing judgement. Maybe we can also expound what 'to judge' means, if I'm not symmetrical with what you have in mind.
Secondly, there is a question of selective goodness. A situation where the dolphin chooses to exhume a like, instead of the drowning man his attention really begs.
What happened to the better way of correcting a brother? Too much for the good work?
With such polite way of passing judgement, can brothers of dissimilar denomination sit on a round table?
That is life for you.
Re: Tunde Bakare Insults Catholics On Channels Tv by Kay17: 10:46am On Jul 08, 2013
idnoble135: issue of hate apart. Are his points biblically untrue?

The issue is fundamentally deeper than biblical provisions, cos even the Bible has its author.

(1) (Reply)

Shocking Confession- How I Beheaded 100 Men, Pounded 27 Babies & Slept With My M / Is The Trinity Biblical? / Disgraced Priest To Wed Pope Adviser's Daughter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.