Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,677 members, 7,968,976 topics. Date: Monday, 07 October 2024 at 04:11 PM

Do You Believe In Luck? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do You Believe In Luck? (2241 Views)

Sex Destroyed Me; Took Away My Luck. I Need Help / Evolution Or Creation: Which Do You Believe? / I Do Not Believe in God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: Do You Believe In Luck? by ticktick: 11:00pm On Feb 19, 2009
benedictac:

there is nothing like luck in the bible but favours. so i dont believe in luck but favours of God.

what is the dichotomy between LUCK and FAVOUR?
Re: Do You Believe In Luck? by jamace(m): 12:09pm On Feb 20, 2009
I believe in the blessing of God and the good things of life but some good things of life which you dont expect or deserve(favour) are termed as luck even I sometimes term favour as luck depending on the circumstances it came.
I share your view. Those who say there is nothing like luck should read Ecclisiastes 9:11

there is nothing like luck in the bible but favours. so i dont believe in luck but favours of God.
Rubbish. Is the word "Bible" in the "Bible"? Do you believe in the Bible?
Re: Do You Believe In Luck? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 6:07pm On Oct 02, 2011
there is a tendency for "Fringe" Christians to perceive parts of Gods' creation as evil simply because they are concepts not defined in the Bible. It is likely that the Bible does not contain all there is to know about this world - some concepts are only being realized in the 21st century, We live and breath the 21st century and yet believe it is a creation of the devil and God only worked in dated times, The Bible urges us to be discerning and seek knowledge and understanding to gain wisdom. a lot of Christians ignore this instruction - choosing to live in the Old Testament and quote the New Testament. Christians! Live

(1) (2) (Reply)

Rev. Chuks Ogbueli In Awka / ccc / The Mystical Life Of Jesus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.