Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,387 members, 7,944,001 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 09:48 AM

Olamide On The Cover Of Mystreetz Magazine's New Issue - Fashion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Olamide On The Cover Of Mystreetz Magazine's New Issue (11621 Views)

Toolz And Dotun Of Cool FM Covers May Edition Of Mystreetz Magazine / Yvonne Nelson On The Cover Of Pride Magazine Uk’s New Issue / Vector’s Mean Mugging For The New Issue Of Mystreetz Magazine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Olamide On The Cover Of Mystreetz Magazine's New Issue by Rhino5dm: 7:33pm On Jul 10, 2013
^
I understand your points and am apologizing for my initial choice of strong words. But believe me you, I know a lyrical genius when I see one even though I can't sing. Olamide may not have the deep hard core voice, but his punchlines are very deep and surgical. Mode 9 is very good, but he lacks the marketing brilliance to push his music to the top. You can't be singing or rapping hardcore without adding the naija flavour or afro angle to it and expect peopl to buy.
Re: Olamide On The Cover Of Mystreetz Magazine's New Issue by fubbyy(m): 9:42pm On Jul 10, 2013
Rhino.5dm:
^
I understand your points and am apologizing for my initial choice of strong words. But believe me you, I know a lyrical genius when I see one even though I can't sing. Olamide may not have the deep hard core voice, but his punchlines are very deep and surgical. Mode 9 is very good, but he lacks the marketing brilliance to push his music to the top. You can't be singing or rapping hardcore without adding the naija flavour or afro angle to it and expect peopl to buy.
you are right, that's one problem with mode 9, he's good but doesn't sell that much because of lack of naija flavor and that's why I switched to commerciAl rap, initially I disagree but nobody agreed promoting me even radio stations adviced me to go do dance track
Re: Olamide On The Cover Of Mystreetz Magazine's New Issue by Rhino5dm: 4:11am On Jul 11, 2013
fubbyy: you are right, that's one problem with mode 9, he's good but doesn't sell that much because of lack of naija flavor and that's why I switched to commerciAl rap, initially I disagree but nobody agreed promoting me even radio stations adviced me to go do dance track

This is exactly what I said, way back. Nigerians in particular or Africans in general don't appreciate the yo' yo type of rapping anymore. We have seen 2 Pac Amaru Shakur, Dr. Dre, DMX, Ja rule and what have you, so trying to sound like one of them will only throw you out of market within a camera flash. This is the reason why Rugedy Baba was able to beat Mode 9 when there was rivalry between them, even though he's less talented. No one should tell you that the biggest makers or unmakers of any artist in Nigeria are the telecom industry and can only endorse you if you can move the crowds or create party jams. The alaba marketers won't pay you more than 20 million naira for your album i.e. if you are Tuface, P square or Wizkid.

You can't organize a show and bring the likes of Mode 9 without receiving sachets of pure water on your head. No one has the time to be nodding his head like agama lizard in a show that supposedly meant for grooving or shaking of bum bum.That said.

You just have to be super creative to survive on this turf. Check this out,even MI had to change his lyrical structure very fast. This is the problem with ice prince and he hasn't realise it yet. P square did that too and a lot of them. Most people from Nigeria prefer a song that will make them dance like imbeciles, so how do you make someone dance like an imbecïle without you yourself first sounding like a clown or jester?. Your album must contain song appealing to all folks!

Secondly, creating and promoting your own terminology will go a long way in making people know you. Like Olamide will always say Gba gbe Oshi - Forget that nonsense. Dr. Mamman Shata(late) bagged a honorary degree after he helped translate or should I say invent the meaning of veto power in Hausa. This is a man that can't even piece together two English words, getting a doctorate degree from ABU Zaria. He was never in any formal educational system. As far as am concerned, olamide is leading the industry presently. The only guy I have seen in recent times with more than 5 hit tracks on a single album.

Be creative, be original, be African and, see you blowing out of proportion in couple of months.
Re: Olamide On The Cover Of Mystreetz Magazine's New Issue by airmark(m): 1:49pm On Jul 12, 2013
fubbyy: 1st of all, I encourage nigeria rap music more than american rap so I don't have the low self esteem of promoting other people's music, I can listen to jamiacan music and feel good about it maybe because of the beat or the voice but I can never start saying that the jamaican is the best lyricist because I don't even know if what he's saying actually make sense or not

in this case, olamide maybe good in what he does but I get mad when people label him the best in the nation, if you bring olamide who's lyrically good according to you and bring sky b whom every rap head know that is wack and ask them to freestyle, and the judge is m.I,who do you think he will give it to? Sky b ofcourse and no one can quote him wrong because aint no way to know if olamide is good or not

I'm looking for olamide's attention just for a publicity stunt, I've tried wizkid and it didn't work(he's price is much)if I see a means of featuring tonto dikeh I will,she's a wack singer but her presents will do me a lot favour

My best rappers in africa are mode9 and OD,I was spitting like them but not anymore(I still do but on mixtapes) I'm now commercial cause I want to sell records so I'm kinda spit like rugged man, so you see, my looking for olamide is not about his tightness but music hype that's all...

Come to music section(rap battle) that's where I da freestyling

You can drop it here, besides i don't see you prominently dropping lines at ''rap battles'' o.
Re: Olamide On The Cover Of Mystreetz Magazine's New Issue by Shaadey: 12:12am On Sep 13, 2013
Honadeadek:
Based on one or two kpolokpolo I will ask this question. Who is the best Rappers?? Is it Rugged Man, Mode 9 or the legendary Eedris or MI Abaga. Please name him or her but remember the answer @Olamide_YBNL gives in his track Baddest Nigga Ever Liveth------ Chris Brown was naija won pe won etc the guy even said he is not afta being the best rapper. He is doing is tins his way. Remember, Emi o de lohun bi Wizkid, I for dey voice anything but anyway mati weere bo. And also for your information free this guy as he said NEGATIVE ENERGY WON LOMA PAWON BI CANCER.
Trust me I like the guy for two things which are his THEORIES ON HUZZLING SPIRIT and for the fact that He represents the Street as he plays it hard. He has always being himself and his styles remains one of those that won't fade away easily.
# Oju tori okun, oju totirosa, O ju totiri Bornagain to wo mojo, Oju tori okun, oju tori osa Oju to ro losho ton se Usher.
Abeg Forget Nonsense, Are you a learner?
abegi dis 1 na tori#TEAM STAR BOYY

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

TOUCH PERFUME OIL 500 Naira each (Genuine Cheap Undiluted & Concentrated) / Uniben's Winfrey Okolo Wins 2012 Miss University Nigeria Beauty Pageant / Meet Valerie Lukyanova - The Human Barbie Doll

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.