Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,331 members, 7,884,706 topics. Date: Tuesday, 09 July 2024 at 02:18 PM

Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - (47709 Views)

Sunday Oliseh At Bayern Munich Stadium ( Allianz Arena) / Stephen Keshi Return Again To Lead Nigeria In Remaining Afcon Qualifiers. / Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by nomenclature(m): 8:21am On Jul 10, 2013
you are very correct man
Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by dozai: 8:21am On Jul 10, 2013
Blackteeth: Mtcheew. When Nigeria won AFCON there was nothing wrong with the team. Now we lost confed cup our eyes don clear. If we had won AFCON with the home based players we would have said home based are the best. Nonesense.
Oliseh was very clear with his points. AFCON and World meets re far apart. simply put. Afcon was won without a bench. if not the bench would ve taken over. rather they were not invited at all.
Keshi selection was all wrong. Even you will not choose akpala over eneramo. or babatunde over lukman haruna. simple if u must bring in new players, bring quality.

1 Like

Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by honprof: 8:22am On Jul 10, 2013
As far as am concerned, Oliseh 's comment are not logically reasonable. Most of the Players that failed to perform in the Confed Cup were Foreigh Players (Brown Ideye,Akpala, Ahemed Musa, Anthony Ujah eTC )who were all firing blanks on Open Goal.

The only exception is Gambo (who came in at the last minute against spain).

Keshi went with the best available alternatives whether home based or Foreigh?

Please which other FOREIGN BASED PLAYERS SHOULD HAVE BEEN INVITED FOR THE CONFED CUP??

2 Likes

Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by emmydee(m): 8:30am On Jul 10, 2013
Olise is on point. D world stage is nt a place for massive use of NEW players. Our league in d 80's & 90' was hotter than it is today.just watch some clips. Players are not made in the national teams,they are managed there.In a country of 160m people, keshi shld be able to give us a team of 23 players where every player is a "KEY" player.dat 2 or 3 players are down shld not mean d collapse of d team. Super Eagles were already begging 4 d match to end against spain when spain scored her 3rd goal.Nigeria does not play dat way.we naturally scare d world.d world's developing faster while Nigeria is crawling.at least we didn't witness 146 goals in 2 games in the '80s & 90s. Our players playee in top clubs in europe, why can't they do so today. Keshi sees every criticism as war.we won d 2013 Afcon cos Egypt was absent.ok,since then,we have played 6 games at least, won only 2.kenya nearly defeated us in Calabar.Check out our '94 eagles, they didnt play with doubts,even when they lost,they lost galantly up until ' 98. Keshi is rather focused on d players he wants to sell & not d best for Nigeria.Those who can advise him shld let him knw that we all support him & want him to excel. He's a very stubborn fellow even in his playing days. We want good results. In fact, we expect his team to win d 2014 World Cup not just to try and put up a "GOOD" performance.Keshi & his crew shld note this. I felt very bitter particularly when Uruguay defeated us at d Conf Cup.Keshi is crawling, we expect him to fly not to run!

1 Like

Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by kutchs: 8:31am On Jul 10, 2013
slimghost: Truth. Keshi lacks the skill to manage the likes of Osaze and Lukman Haruna. For God's sake people like Ogu,Babatunde,Akpala and co have no business in the SE.
Like the way Clarke at West Brom is managing him isn‘t? Care to tell us what Osaze has not played a single match for WBA since January? When you guys talk about Osaze, one gets the impression you are talking about someone in the class of Messi but no here“s someone playing for a club in the lower rungs of EPL. Whats so special about him anyway?
Talking about foreign pros, aren‘t Ideye, Ogude, Musa etc who flopped at the confeds not one?

2 Likes

Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by pappilo(m): 8:35am On Jul 10, 2013
collynzo2: Oliseh is so bitter! When you read his comments you'd think we had some players dominating the UEFA champions league last season that Keshi left out. What's all this talk about home based players? Those who disappointed us at the confed cup were foreign based. Gambo made his debut in the last few minutes of a match we had already lost, you can't blame hom for anything.
Ideye
Ujah
Babatunde
Akpala
Musa (to an extent)
all disappointed and are foreign based.

1,000,000 likes

2 Likes

Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by chei: 8:35am On Jul 10, 2013
The confeds is a fringe competition that is not to be taken too seriously. Keshi took those homebased players because he needed to test their abilities in an international tournament and the confeds was the best way to do so.
Besides, is Ideye not a foreign based player?

2 Likes

Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by Trailii: 8:35am On Jul 10, 2013
It is easy to think you have the solutions when you have no ultimate resposibility.. i dont blame olishe, na ss i blame.

3 Likes

Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by Reference(m): 8:38am On Jul 10, 2013
collynzo2: Oliseh is so bitter! When you read his comments you'd think we had some players dominating the UEFA champions league last season that Keshi left out. What's all this talk about home based players? Those who disappointed us at the confed cup were foreign based. Gambo made his debut in the last few minutes of a match we had already lost, you can't blame hom for anything.
Ideye
Ujah
Babatunde
Akpala
Musa (to an extent)
all disappointed and are foreign based.

Wise one. He doesn't realise he's making a circular argument. The quality of foreign based has equally fallen. The Westerhof cycle is long gone. Keshi is trying to ignite a new one.

2 Likes

Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by nelcinn(m): 8:39am On Jul 10, 2013
spenca:
am glad u accepted the fact that keshi has his failings but for the fact that onazi became a star at afcon am sorry I don't agree with you ,better still you should have said you knew him only after afcon also about Mikel he isn't an all time game changer because he did some specials at afcon doesn't mean he is all super now. bou the state of NPL as at the 90s was at that time superb in the sense of standard ,would you compare the EPL of the 90s to that of today?i guess ur answer is no because there as been a massive development to it but that cannot be said of the NPL its either it remained the same or has degraded self so for almost 13yrs there as not been a good development. common letz call a spade a spade
Take it or leave it, that we crashed out of the confed cup, was cos of our few players who picked up injuries, and u don't expect a coach to introduce new players into the team at that time.. Believe if our full team had been to confed, we wud have defeated spain at least a draw, nd uruguay won't have won that game, tahiti, wud have gone home with 15-0, so let's hope for our guy to recover and join the team.. Oliseh shud chill and enjoy the drills, cos he also critised the team during afcon, but was silenced with at last.. The big boss is in charge of his team, and he understand better than anyone..

1 Like

Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by Osogagba(m): 8:45am On Jul 10, 2013
Dee60: In football, you should expect criticism and Keshi should know that. It is all about tactics and sometimes you dont get it. Big Bro, learn from Mourinho. When things go wrong he accepts the blame, smile and promise never to have a repeat. Our performance at CONFED was abysmally poor.

We have to warm up to experienced players. We should not allow ego to blind us. Mourinho and Ronaldo were not in the best of terms last season, but they both managed to get on professionally. I really do not understand why players in top leagues are shut out of the eagles!

We were defeating minions at regional level and we thought we could play against Spain as we played against Togo!

And who are these players in top leagues that you want in the Super Eagles? Obafemi Martins who plays in the backwater MLS and who was given a great chance to redeem himself during the last qualifiers in Calabar against Kenya but who ended up running around the whole pitch like a headless chicken before Keshi saved his blushes by introducing Oduamadi? Or Joseph Yobo who plays in Turkey and who was a shadow of himself at AFCON? Or Osaze who can't even get a regular shirt in his bottom club in the premiership because of his long-established indiscipline with club and national team authorities? Who exactly are these your players that were shut out?

2 Likes

Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by Rhemmymatician(m): 8:47am On Jul 10, 2013
Dee60: In football, you should expect criticism and Keshi should know that. It is all about tactics and sometimes you dont get it. Big Bro, learn from Mourinho. When things go wrong he accepts the blame, smile and promise never to have a repeat. Our performance at CONFED was abysmally poor.

We have to warm up to experienced players. We should not allow ego to blind us. Mourinho and Ronaldo were not in the best of terms last season, but they both managed to get on professionally. I really do not understand why players in top leagues are shut out of the eagles!

We were defeating minions at regional level and we thought we could play against Spain as we played against Togo!

ABYSMAL?!! Com'on. Abysmal is extreme. U now say Abysmallt poor. Let's be objective here. Our results might noT have been good enough, but our performance was very good. Considering the factors of experience, team chemistry that uruguay and spain have got over us, and still we held our own against them

1 Like

Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by Manlado: 8:48am On Jul 10, 2013
This problem begins with the Press. Am sure Keshi did not watch the criticism from the Superstore panelist. The press guy will just ask Keshi. 'What do you say to Oliseh for criticising your use of home-based players'. Wahala don begin be that! Press feed on stuffs like this.
Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by dozai: 8:49am On Jul 10, 2013
MekT:

So all the foreign based playerz wud haff played like Mikel....smh!

Let me assume u didnt know....bur wat else did u expect Keshi to do wen...
Moses-injured
ike uche-off form
kalu uche-injured
joel obi-injured
onazi-injured
emenike-injured
oduamadi-injured(during confed)
anichebe- opted out
martins- off form(club n country),
osaze- problem child(with keshi AND his club)
So which foreign based
player who was in good form should have been called?

Nsorfor....Yobo?....Yakubu....Obasi??....Haruna?.....Ameobi??.....Please tell me.
Foreign pro don finish abi. Ogude is in Norway, have we checked the form of other players there We have them in Denmark etc. have we even watched them play to see what they can bring to the team. Romania. sweeden. Norway and Danish leagues re not bad. We still have talents there. But we re not looking towards there. For d records, lukman is way ahead of babatunde.
Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by disneyemmy: 9:01am On Jul 10, 2013
d major problem we nigerians have is d fact that we always fail to understand ourselves. Wot is wrong in oliseh advising keshi on how to improve the s.E team. We all know dat d team underperformed at d conf.cup. 4 crying out loud, we are a football nation, we shud av outshined uruguay if things were right. Dere r stuborn and saucy players in d spain nat. Team.bt d coach will nt let ds players go cos he wnt 2 achiue result 4 himself nd 4 d country. 4 keshi to be d c oach of d team dosn't mean he knws all. Let!s swallow our pride and work togeda 2 raise d name of dscountry.
Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by Nobody: 9:05am On Jul 10, 2013
ayusco:
Lastly all this hue n cry about our confed performance is over the top cmon this is the confed we are talking about a glorified friendly tournament. I rather we make our mistakes learn from it then come smoking hot for the 2014

How do we learn from our mistakes if we refuse to accept constructive criticism ?
Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by Lordave: 9:09am On Jul 10, 2013
disneyemmy: d major problem we nigerians have is d fact that we always fail to understand ourselves. Wot is wrong in oliseh advising keshi on how to improve the s.E team. We all know dat d team underperformed at d conf.cup. 4 crying out loud, we are a football nation, we shud av outshined uruguay if things were right. Dere r stuborn and saucy players in d spain nat. Team.bt d coach will nt let ds players go cos he wnt 2 achiue result 4 himself nd 4 d country. 4 keshi to be d c oach of d team dosn't mean he knws all. Let!s swallow our pride and work togeda 2 raise d name of dscountry.
exactly what I've been trying to say here, some people are really are show casing their ignorance thinking that they are wise.
I haven't seen where a coach was criticized by the media and he took it up as a personal fight.
Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by vislabraye(m): 9:10am On Jul 10, 2013
Keshi is taking it a bit personal. I listened to Oliseh's commentary during the confed and afcon cup. During afcon cup when Nigeria struggled during the group stage, Oliseh still believed in the team.
But during d confed, I expected Keshi to have consolidated on his success. I felt he should have brought in a few experienced professionals to boost thE teAm. What happened to the likes of Anichebe? Or Martins of the Uche brothers?
I believed the selection could have been better. But that's not 2 say day Keshi is not a fantastic coach.
Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by Osogagba(m): 9:11am On Jul 10, 2013
emorse: If I were Keshi, I'd silently take Oliseh's advice because a coach is only as good as his last match. Moreso in our beloved Nigeria.
Remember Samson Siasia's and his team of 2005. The whole county wouldn't stop singing their praise. They called Siasia all sorts of names. Disciplinarian, Mr. No nonsense, to mention a few. Then came his time with the Super Eagles. This same "no nonsense" attitude was what got him kicked out of his job after clashing with and leaving out some of his best players, hence failing to qualify for CAN. Jose Mourinho was once asked if he ever plays to lose. He said "The only time I play to lose is when I'm playing with my kids!" If this doesn't stress the importance of winning, I doubt if anything else will. Football is not just a game of beautiful moves and tactics. If you fail to win, you're out! Keshi should just be a man and learn from his mistakes and those of other coaches, accept constructive criticisms and stop bickering about what happened donkey years ago. He is a good coach. But only as long as he keeps winning.
If I could offer him an advice, I would say to him - Play every game with your best players, either home based or foreign based. Have in mind that the experience of some foreign based professionals cannot be bought. Neither can the talents and skills of some home based players. Find a perfect blend!
And what did you think Keshi had been trying to do with this team all along?

2 Likes

Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by Lordave: 9:15am On Jul 10, 2013
If Keshi is to heed to Oliseh's advice, their would be a greater chance for the S.E to excel in Brazil next year. But if he's to listen to you guys criticizing Oliseh, he'd regret it cuz what happened at the confederations cup would be too little to compare with what's going to happene in Brazil.

1 Like

Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by lexyman(m): 9:21am On Jul 10, 2013
Desdola: Honestly the write up is superb. Keshi should drop his ego and listen to constructive criticism. In as much as Oliseh is not all knowing, his experience in d game is a known fact and ideas from him should be welcomed.

It "s not about write up my friend don"t get carried away with the good use of English by the Ex captain ... The work of a analyst is different from that of a manager . Oliseh is a "no nonsense guy" during his days in d super eagles , " i think Oliseh would have been a bad manager if he was to be the TM .I can remember then that they have cabals of the big boys and they controls the affairs of SE secretly . The football Oliseh played in d past is quite different from the scientific age , Lets leave Keshi alone he will surely deliver ,as far as I am concerned he understands what the team lacks and he"s working to achieve it ... Super eagles needs some "finishing touches " .... Oliseh stay away u are good at analyses just be open with it and don"t criticize the good work of Keshi

2 Likes

Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by collynzo2(m): 9:36am On Jul 10, 2013
Obiagu1: Thank you the Big Boss, Keshi.
Oliseh is a clown, a very poor clown for that matter!
Who did Keshi leave out for the Confed Cup?
He should name names so that we'll be able to weigh in on his judgment.
Instead of using a blanket term, foreign based, he should name those we should invite!
Don't mind the lazy analyst.

1 Like

Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by collynzo2(m): 9:39am On Jul 10, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

Is it Coach Keshi that told Moses to fake his injury. Coach Keshi should know he is on his own here. If he fails, Oliseh won't lose his job. As for Osaze, I like the guy as a player and as an activist but Coach Keshi should not let him near his squad. Mancini regreted helping Joe Hart. A bad egg is a bad egg. It spoils the rest.
One thing people forget is that Osaze hadn't played any reasonable football for 5 months leading to the Confed cup.

1 Like

Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by McLuhan(m): 9:50am On Jul 10, 2013
Oliseh's arguments, let's be frank, are quite logical and germane. That Keshi should find this advice annoying is, I suspect, another demonstration of the typical Nigerian's preference for sycophancy while repudiating any form of criticism, no matter how benign. Humility is the truest sign of good leadership and where it is lacking there can be no lasting success. What a circumspect coach would have done is to sift through the advice, even if offered with malice, so as to select the wheat and throw away the chaff, if any. But I think it smacks of unwisdom to deliberately antagonise someone who, let's face it, speaks so coherently and from such a wealth of experience. Next time, the advice may not be so forthcoming from him or from others. As the Bible says, "in the abundance of counsellors there is safety" (Proverbs 11:14).
Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by Longeria(m): 9:56am On Jul 10, 2013

For God's sake which top class player Keshi didn't invite. Answer me or sharaaaaaaaaaap.

1 Like

Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by Nobody: 9:59am On Jul 10, 2013
Lordave: If Keshi is to heed to Oliseh's advice, their would be a greater chance for the S.E to excel in Brazil next year. But if he's to listen to you guys criticizing Oliseh, he'd regret it cuz what happened at the confederations cup would be too little to compare with what's going to happene in Brazil.
some people are just blindly supportin keshi, did keshi win d nations cup in 94 as a home based player. Majority of d players dat won d 94 afcon were still d ones dat did well in dat yr's WC. He's busy selling the home based players to europe all in d name of rebuilding. Was westerhof rebuilding when he won d afcon

1 Like

Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by BrutusOj(m): 10:00am On Jul 10, 2013
edoyad: Sunday(kpomo lips) Oliseh, please be quiet already. Keshi has contributed more to Nigerian football than you could ever do even if you lived to be two hundred years old. I didn't like your personality much as a player and many Nigerians feel that way too.
Who are d many Nigerians? Ok! d four ppl dat liked ur sily coment abi? All dis children who started watchin English premier League ystday wunt allow us to rest on Nairaland wen an important isue is raised here..back to keshi,Even d great Mourihno,Sir Alex Fergie accepts constructive criticisms,so drop ur ego n listen to great football minds..
Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by Austeenxx: 10:00am On Jul 10, 2013
Well, well, well, look what we have here. Keshi vs Oliseh. Let the Clasico begin!
Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by Goke7: 10:14am On Jul 10, 2013
Keshi's undoing and big problem is that he won the AFCON which the NFF President, NFF members, Nigerian Journalists, All Nigerians and including mouth running Oliseh did not expect at all. Truth be told, Keshi's triumph at AFCON has intimidated a lot of people including Oliseh, just because Gambo Mohammed missed a glorious chance which the likes of Fernanado Torres are culprits too made Oliseh to rant like a kid, I was really disappointed in Him, he even made reference to the South African league that has not produced quality players for their National Team but will any South African run down their league on a platform such as Supersport? Oliseh should take a cue from Samuel Kuffor for Christ's sake, has he ever run down Ghanaian league on supersport before? Oliseh goofed on this one abeg, he should control his emotions which has been his problem since he was a player.

Finally, i appeal to all Nigerians, what makes great National team players is the result they produce by winning laurels for their beloved country, the likes of Pirlo and Buffon will continued o be used by Italy cos they are world cup winners, if you have so called experienced National team players who have not won anything for their country, they deserved to be dropped from the national team for fresh legs to be tried after all results is what make coaches to keep their jobs, Mba, Obaboana are great players because they have produced results that some others after years of playing for the national team have't produced, so whether they are foreign or homebased, results is what we need, the goal gambo scored last saturday, some foreign based players can't score, let's stop deceiving ourselves as long as keshi keeps producing results, he is on course and don't forget, the world cup qualifiers were the priority for Keshi and even the NFF and not the confederations cup that's why we got the desired result against kenya and Namibia, have we forgotten so soon that it was Obaboana who got the equalizer against Namibia thru a free kick? Oliseh should grow up abeg? The conferadations cup is a glorified friendly tournament just as someone said earlier? I rest my case.

2 Likes

Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by Kennykenty(m): 10:16am On Jul 10, 2013
Attacking an achiever who av turned our Green Eagle to a dear team now is mischievous by someone who i respected so much. Where are u when all of us who love Nigeria(EAGLE) are in state of sorrow lately, when ur so called Pro. are bragging and show bigmanism when playing. Winning of matches does not matter in most of the time, but u feel proud and delighted when u see ur team playing good soccer. B4, our Eagle are pathetic to watch, and u have d gut to attack someone who has brought happiness to my life. Are u enemy of progress?. Can't u see how my boy(Mikel) is playing now, thanks to great coach and his good team. I know u ar broke and jealous of his job. Money is your mission. Stop ur criticism. NO POINT.

1 Like

Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by mbhs139(m): 10:23am On Jul 10, 2013
The point is you don't go to a mini-world cup to test new players. If you agree with that, then you agree with Oliseh. I don't know what those criticizing Oliseh has against him?

1 Like

Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by Goke7: 10:29am On Jul 10, 2013
Kennykenty: Attacking an achiever who av turned our Green Eagle to a dear team now is mischievous by someone who i respected so much. Where are u when all of us who love Nigeria(EAGLE) are in state of sorrow lately, when ur so called Pro. are bragging and show bigmanism when playing. Winning of matches does not matter in most of the time, but u feel proud and delighted when u see ur team playing good soccer. B4, our Eagle are pathetic to watch, and u have d gut to attack someone who has brought happiness to my life. Are u enemy of progress?. Can't u see how my boy(Mikel) is playing now, thanks to great coach and his good team. I know u ar broke and jealous of his job. Money is your mission. Stop ur criticism. NO POINT.

Thank you very much sir, the respect I have for mikel now is x10. Kudos to the big boss, he takes all the credit. Like I said earlier, a lot of people are just intimidated.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Pictures Of Mcgregor And Mayweather Compared To Titanic / Barca's Coutinho Joins Aston Villa On Loan, Checkout Photos Of Him And His Wife / Kelechi Iheanacho, Teammates Meet With Sheikh Mansour. PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.