Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,118 members, 7,977,222 topics. Date: Wednesday, 16 October 2024 at 10:45 PM

Tecno L3 Discussion Thread - Phones (74) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tecno L3 Discussion Thread (370937 Views)

Infinix zero discussion thread! / Tecno P5 Discussion Thread / Tecno L3 Vs P3 - Clash Of The Brothers!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (242) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tecno L3 Discussion Thread by Tweetums(f): 10:11am On Aug 04, 2013
Pls help my i can't download 2go in play store.. Failed always
Re: Tecno L3 Discussion Thread by symbian123(m): 10:11am On Aug 04, 2013
Bolubaba:

Your phone should be switched off

Okay... So I should install the Vcomm drivers and click on read back?
Re: Tecno L3 Discussion Thread by symbian123(m): 10:12am On Aug 04, 2013
Tweetums: Pls help my i can't download 2go in play store.. Failed always

Visit 1mobile.com,download the app, open it, search for 2go, Install... Done..

1 Like

Re: Tecno L3 Discussion Thread by Nobody: 10:14am On Aug 04, 2013
symbian123:
He can I rooted my phone l3

Cool... Am stuck at that read back option... How did you get the green circle to show on yours bro? That's where am having a Lil prob.
Re: Tecno L3 Discussion Thread by iheanyi40(m): 10:18am On Aug 04, 2013
Graviton: e dey work?
yup
Re: Tecno L3 Discussion Thread by Nobody: 10:22am On Aug 04, 2013
How can I rooted my l3 phone pls its giving me problems on browse
Re: Tecno L3 Discussion Thread by udemzyudex(m): 10:24am On Aug 04, 2013
if ur 100H is not working just recharge with #100 that was wat I did and I'm using it now
Re: Tecno L3 Discussion Thread by jacob05(m): 10:26am On Aug 04, 2013
Bolubaba:
Did you install the CMW-r (custom recovery)
No
Re: Tecno L3 Discussion Thread by Bolubaba(m): 10:33am On Aug 04, 2013
jacob05: No
Did you try it?
Re: Tecno L3 Discussion Thread by symbian123(m): 10:51am On Aug 04, 2013
Bolubaba:
Did you try it?

Awaiting your reply oh... Lol

1 Like

Re: Tecno L3 Discussion Thread by Dmedalion: 10:56am On Aug 04, 2013
Re: Tecno L3 Discussion Thread by Bolubaba(m): 11:31am On Aug 04, 2013
For those of us that are about to root our l3, we should make sure all drivers are properly installed. Follow the xda instructions, it's very easy and straight forward.
Re: Tecno L3 Discussion Thread by symbian123(m): 11:33am On Aug 04, 2013
Bolubaba: For those of us that are about to root our l3, we should make sure all drivers are properly installed. Follow the xda instructions, it's very easy and straight forward.

Noted.... Must the phone be switched off before installing the Vcomm drivers?
Re: Tecno L3 Discussion Thread by Bolubaba(m): 12:07pm On Aug 04, 2013
symbian123:

Noted.... Must the phone be switched off before installing the Vcomm drivers?
Yes and make sure your computer is not connected to the internet.
Make sure that the address(scatter) and size are properly done.
Re: Tecno L3 Discussion Thread by Nobody: 1:39pm On Aug 04, 2013
Graviton: oh...I guess 100naira should be enough abii
yeah
Re: Tecno L3 Discussion Thread by jacob05(m): 1:53pm On Aug 04, 2013
Bolubaba:
Did you try it?
nope. Reports says it's buggy . Aren't taking such risk

1 Like

Re: Tecno L3 Discussion Thread by Prestige324: 1:59pm On Aug 04, 2013
Pls am asking again. Does L3 supports VIDEO CALLING or GPS? Have u trying VIDEO CALLING WITH It? Does it work properly?
Re: Tecno L3 Discussion Thread by sylaz(m): 2:13pm On Aug 04, 2013
udemzy_udex: if ur 100H is not working just recharge with #100 that was wat I did and I'm using it now
i did that. Still not working. I give up!! angry
Re: Tecno L3 Discussion Thread by oluhenry: 2:25pm On Aug 04, 2013
Helo haus, plz can L3 play any video format, or shd i download a video plyer app 4 it, n plz sugest a gud video playa app..... Tanks
Re: Tecno L3 Discussion Thread by Donpuffy(m): 3:09pm On Aug 04, 2013
oluhenry: Helo haus, plz can L3 play any video format, or shd i download a video plyer app 4 it, n plz sugest a gud video playa app..... Tanks
VLC media player.
Re: Tecno L3 Discussion Thread by jopartanal: 3:10pm On Aug 04, 2013
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2332783

[HOWTO][GUIDE] Root & Backup of almost EVERY mt65xx based Device

ALSO, MAKE SURE YOUR DON'T TRY THAT ON AN ALCATEL (OR SIMILAR) DEVICE, INDICATOR HERE IS A CUSTPACK PARTITION IN SCATTERFILE.
those devices have mt65xx, but have a totally different partition strukture. You can try this tutorial,
BUT IF YOU BRICK YOUR DEVICE; I CANNOT HELP YOU OUT!!!

since a lot of devices have different hardware - e.g. Display or Camera - making a Backup of your device should have highest priority. Flashing a wrong ROM can brick your phone!!

What is needed:

VCOM Driver, thx to n2k1
ADB, thx to n2k1
MTK Droid Tools V2.46
SP Flashtool V3.1224 for mt6589, newer flashtool is needed!!! if there are some problems with reading back or flashing the device, newer flashtool is needed.

Install the needed drivers. installing VCOM drivers might take a while, because it will show up just a few seconds while connecting the phone(off).

And now the Step-by-Step tutorial to backup your boot.img, recovery.img and system.img for rooting.

1. enable USB-debugging under Settings-Development->USB debugging
2. phone should now get recognized as "Android Phone - Android Composite ADB Interface" ->if this is a Unknown Device, you should install the ADB drivers.
3. Open MTK Droid Tools

4. Connect device to USB (USB Debugging has to be enabled)

5. Device informations has been loaded, Press on "Blocks Map"

We'll need to find the lines bootimg, recovery and Android. We'll need to write down Start-adress
(Scatter) and the Size for every line.
(i made a screenshot, writing down isn't necessary.)
In MY Case, this is:
bootimg: 00F88000 size: 00600000
recovery: 01588000 size: 00600000
Android: 026E8000 size: 31900000
6. Now we'll need to click on "Create Scatter File" and you can save it as "MT6577_Android_
scatter_emmc.txt"
7. You can Close MTK Droid Tools now.
8. Now we need to open SP Flash Tool and we need to load the scatter file.

9. Now we'll need to click on "Read Back" in the top of SP Flash Tool.

Click on "ADD" 3 Times, we will create "ROM_0", "ROM_1" and "ROM_2".
10. Doubleclick on "ROM_0", and select a place to save it, e.g. C:/N9770_backup/ and rename it to"boot.img"

11. now it will ask you for the Start Adress and lengh for bootimg, we wrote down earlier.
this is in my case: Start Address: 0x00F88000; Lenght: 0x00600000. the first "0x" MUST remain at its place!

12. the same thing you'll need to do for "recovery" and "android".
13. disconnect, shut down and remove the battery of your Device.

13. Now we'll need to click on "Read Back", insert your battery and connect your device to USB. (VCOM driver is needed now, you'll need to install it before getting to the next steps)

14. if this were correct, a red bar should appear on the bottom of SP Flash Tool. you'll need to
wait until the green ring appears.

15.Flash Tool now read back the 3 files. system.img isn't that important, but boot.img and recovery.img should be around 6 MB. if the file is smaller or bigger, the length is different to my device or there was a failure while reading back your firmware. So make sure,that at least recovery or boot.img has the right size!!

16. Back to droid tools. reconnect your device to USB , debugging should be enabled, too. switch to "root, backup, recovery" tab in MTK Droid Tools.

select "to choose the boot.img" and press on "Recovery and boot". select your backup boot.img and recovery,img. MTK droid tools will patch boot.img, so you obtain permanent shellroot. (optional) a window will pop-up and ask you, if you want to install CWM-r. i cannot tell you if that will work, but you can try it, since you backed up your recovery before. ) . (optional) a window will pop-up and ask you for the name of your device(you connected it before starting droidtools, so this should not ask you for the name). you can just press enter or you can enter a name for your device.

17. Droid Tools should have modified the boot.img. "--a task is complete--" text should show up in the right of droidtools.

18. Back to Flashtool
You'll need to load the Scatter (like in Step cool
select boot.img and recovery.img. make sure you select the modified files.
(.../Droidtools/recovery/boot.img and recovery.img)

only boot and recovery should be selected!!

19.disconnect, shout down and remove the battery of your device. Press on "Download", a window will show up that you have not selected all images. you can press on "OK".

20. insert the battery and connect your device to USB. Flash process should start and if it worked, green ring will appear.

21. Back to DroidTools. device needs to be connected and debugging enabled. switch to "root, backup, recovery" again and press on "SuperUser". this will push superuser, SU binary and busybox to your device.

22. Your Device is rooted now. you can make a Full backup with Droid Tools now.
Re: Tecno L3 Discussion Thread by brizzle116(m): 3:13pm On Aug 04, 2013
to p3 users ppsspp also work but lag for games large files like pes which is about 700-800mb just tried it..have alot of psp games on my lappy about the try the rest so i will alert you guys the ones that work without lagging
Re: Tecno L3 Discussion Thread by Prestige324: 3:15pm On Aug 04, 2013
Everybody is dumb abt this GPS AND VIDEO CALLING. Those dat are using it talk nahhhhhhhhhh?
Re: Tecno L3 Discussion Thread by okoligee: 3:28pm On Aug 04, 2013
pls someone should tell me what to do my l3 screen is blur and is affected my eye wen I'm reading on d screen should I flash d phone or wol screen protector control it.
Re: Tecno L3 Discussion Thread by mindtricks: 3:35pm On Aug 04, 2013
iheanyi40: . Just received mine now after 2 trials lemme do it in ♍Ɣ‎ 2nd sim joor
If u try am er I go just seize that ur sim. In fact oya gimme dat sim card.
Re: Tecno L3 Discussion Thread by oluhenry: 3:37pm On Aug 04, 2013
Tanx bro, bt iz it frm d playstore also?
Re: Tecno L3 Discussion Thread by oluhenry: 3:44pm On Aug 04, 2013
Any1 in ibadan wu has rooted hs l3 ? Plz nid ur atention o
Re: Tecno L3 Discussion Thread by ademony(m): 3:44pm On Aug 04, 2013
Jopartanal
Pls how many times are we going to connect & disconnect the USB? Where can I download those drivers from?
Re: Tecno L3 Discussion Thread by dellaziz(m): 3:45pm On Aug 04, 2013
guys incase I get the rooting wrong would it brick my phone.. and fast abeg
Re: Tecno L3 Discussion Thread by obisite: 3:48pm On Aug 04, 2013
jacob05: Thanks guys, finally Rooted my L3 phone

Pls cnt find the tutorial page, may u help post up the link, or re-paste d tutorial, help ur bro pls!

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (242) (Reply)

The Gallery (Mobile Photography/Art) / Some Useful Nokia Codes & How To Format/Reset Ur Phone / FIFA 14 For Android...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.