Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,527 members, 7,971,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 10 October 2024 at 08:15 PM

Tecno L3 Discussion Thread - Phones (75) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tecno L3 Discussion Thread (370534 Views)

Infinix zero discussion thread! / Tecno P5 Discussion Thread / Tecno L3 Vs P3 - Clash Of The Brothers!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) ... (242) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tecno L3 Discussion Thread by obisite: 3:50pm On Aug 04, 2013
Bolubaba: Finally
Finally
Finally
Rooted my l3

grin

Pls post the tutorial or link to the page for the tutorial, pls,
Tnks
Re: Tecno L3 Discussion Thread by willijot(m): 3:59pm On Aug 04, 2013
Hello guys...pls I need info on l3 Batry. Like ow many hours is d batry expected to last on heavy browsing?
Re: Tecno L3 Discussion Thread by Joeblis(m): 4:05pm On Aug 04, 2013
I don't think the rooting method for this l3 is flexible enough...what about guys without computer or pc? how about if your phone got bricked?...i'll not advices this rooting method for newbis.you guys seriously need to find an alternative.
Re: Tecno L3 Discussion Thread by obisite: 4:26pm On Aug 04, 2013
jopartanal:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2332783

[HOWTO][GUIDE] Root & Backup of almost EVERY mt65xx based Device

ALSO, MAKE SURE YOUR DON'T TRY THAT ON AN ALCATEL (OR SIMILAR) DEVICE, INDICATOR HERE IS A CUSTPACK PARTITION IN SCATTERFILE.
those devices have mt65xx, but have a totally different partition strukture. You can try this tutorial,
BUT IF YOU BRICK YOUR DEVICE; I CANNOT HELP YOU OUT!!!

since a lot of devices have different hardware - e.g. Display or Camera - making a Backup of your device should have highest priority. Flashing a wrong ROM can brick your phone!!

What is needed:

VCOM Driver, thx to n2k1
ADB, thx to n2k1
MTK Droid Tools V2.46
SP Flashtool V3.1224 for mt6589, newer flashtool is needed!!! if there are some problems with reading back or flashing the device, newer flashtool is needed.

Install the needed drivers. installing VCOM drivers might take a while, because it will show up just a few seconds while connecting the phone(off).

And now the Step-by-Step tutorial to backup your boot.img, recovery.img and system.img for rooting.

1. enable USB-debugging under Settings-Development->USB debugging
2. phone should now get recognized as "Android Phone - Android Composite ADB Interface" ->if this is a Unknown Device, you should install the ADB drivers.
3. Open MTK Droid Tools

4. Connect device to USB (USB Debugging has to be enabled)

5. Device informations has been loaded, Press on "Blocks Map"

We'll need to find the lines bootimg, recovery and Android. We'll need to write down Start-adress
(Scatter) and the Size for every line.
(i made a screenshot, writing down isn't necessary.)
In MY Case, this is:
bootimg: 00F88000 size: 00600000
recovery: 01588000 size: 00600000
Android: 026E8000 size: 31900000
6. Now we'll need to click on "Create Scatter File" and you can save it as "MT6577_Android_
scatter_emmc.txt"
7. You can Close MTK Droid Tools now.
8. Now we need to open SP Flash Tool and we need to load the scatter file.

9. Now we'll need to click on "Read Back" in the top of SP Flash Tool.

Click on "ADD" 3 Times, we will create "ROM_0", "ROM_1" and "ROM_2".
10. Doubleclick on "ROM_0", and select a place to save it, e.g. C:/N9770_backup/ and rename it to"boot.img"

11. now it will ask you for the Start Adress and lengh for bootimg, we wrote down earlier.
this is in my case: Start Address: 0x00F88000; Lenght: 0x00600000. the first "0x" MUST remain at its place!

12. the same thing you'll need to do for "recovery" and "android".
13. disconnect, shut down and remove the battery of your Device.

13. Now we'll need to click on "Read Back", insert your battery and connect your device to USB. (VCOM driver is needed now, you'll need to install it before getting to the next steps)

14. if this were correct, a red bar should appear on the bottom of SP Flash Tool. you'll need to
wait until the green ring appears.

15.Flash Tool now read back the 3 files. system.img isn't that important, but boot.img and recovery.img should be around 6 MB. if the file is smaller or bigger, the length is different to my device or there was a failure while reading back your firmware. So make sure,that at least recovery or boot.img has the right size!!

16. Back to droid tools. reconnect your device to USB , debugging should be enabled, too. switch to "root, backup, recovery" tab in MTK Droid Tools.

select "to choose the boot.img" and press on "Recovery and boot". select your backup boot.img and recovery,img. MTK droid tools will patch boot.img, so you obtain permanent shellroot. (optional) a window will pop-up and ask you, if you want to install CWM-r. i cannot tell you if that will work, but you can try it, since you backed up your recovery before. ) . (optional) a window will pop-up and ask you for the name of your device(you connected it before starting droidtools, so this should not ask you for the name). you can just press enter or you can enter a name for your device.

17. Droid Tools should have modified the boot.img. "--a task is complete--" text should show up in the right of droidtools.

18. Back to Flashtool
You'll need to load the Scatter (like in Step cool
select boot.img and recovery.img. make sure you select the modified files.
(.../Droidtools/recovery/boot.img and recovery.img)

only boot and recovery should be selected!!

19.disconnect, shout down and remove the battery of your device. Press on "Download", a window will show up that you have not selected all images. you can press on "OK".

20. insert the battery and connect your device to USB. Flash process should start and if it worked, green ring will appear.

21. Back to DroidTools. device needs to be connected and debugging enabled. switch to "root, backup, recovery" again and press on "SuperUser". this will push superuser, SU binary and busybox to your device.

22. Your Device is rooted now. you can make a Full backup with Droid Tools now.

[size=15pt]@Jopart, Bolalolu, Jacob! [/Color] [color=#000066] Menh! Guy! You realy tried takin ur time to xtract ,type n post dis steps, gud work bro God bless! I hav a question
These 4 stufs needed,
Wil it b downloaded n install all on d system @ once, den start launchin each of the d application where needed, I'm so confuse,
2- if all wil b install @ once, does any of them need internet conection b4 launching it to work with? I wil b so grateful getin d feedback, tnx [/size]
Re: Tecno L3 Discussion Thread by dellaziz(m): 4:53pm On Aug 04, 2013
guys which keyboard are best for this phone.. oda than GO
Re: Tecno L3 Discussion Thread by dellaziz(m): 4:57pm On Aug 04, 2013
Re: Tecno L3 Discussion Thread by Tweetums(f): 5:10pm On Aug 04, 2013
Pls help me now diz l3 hard for me to operat i don't knw how to use front cam, download 2go, and whr to download realfootball 2009, 2010 and 2011. Whatsapp no 08060887730. Thks
Re: Tecno L3 Discussion Thread by iheanyi40(m): 5:13pm On Aug 04, 2013
mindtricks: If u try am er I go just seize that ur sim. In fact oya gimme dat sim card.
hahaha dude easy oh, i knw say u don do am 4 lyk 3 mtn sims grin
Re: Tecno L3 Discussion Thread by obisite: 5:28pm On Aug 04, 2013
Joeblis: I don't think the rooting method for this l3 is flexible enough...what about guys without computer or pc? how about if your phone got bricked?...i'll not advices this rooting method for newbis.you guys seriously need to find an alternative.

@Joeblis! Asin enh, this is mor dan 2hrs lecture, u can belive I copied this out, to system, I sat down, gat to read 2ru step by step, like 2-3 times, jut to study n understand, buh yet I stil gat some questions to ask,
How I wish it just like that Srs rootin as D5 was, wud hav been easy oooo!
Buh notwithstandin, I wil giv a try, when ma questions r answered, "wen a man is scared of makin mistakes, he doesn't mak new tin" grin grin
I dnt pray it get brick,
Re: Tecno L3 Discussion Thread by dellaziz(m): 5:30pm On Aug 04, 2013
obisite:

@Joeblis! Asin enh, this is mor dan 2hrs lecture, u can belive I copied this out, to system, I sat down, gat to read 2ru step by step, like 2-3 times, jut to study n understand, buh yet I stil gat some questions to ask,
How I wish it just like that Srs rootin as D5 was, wud hav been easy oooo!
Buh notwithstandin, I wil giv a try, when ma questions r answered, "wen a man is scared of makin mistakes, he doesn't mak new tin" grin grin
I dnt pray it get brick,
na my fear be that BRICK
Re: Tecno L3 Discussion Thread by udemzyudex(m): 5:37pm On Aug 04, 2013
okoligee: pls someone should tell me what to do my l3 screen is blur and is affected my eye wen I'm reading on d screen should I flash d phone or wol screen protector control it.

reduce d brightness..
Re: Tecno L3 Discussion Thread by udemzyudex(m): 5:43pm On Aug 04, 2013
Tweetums: Pls help me now diz l3 hard for me to operat i don't knw how to use front cam, download 2go, and whr to download realfootball 2009, 2010 and 2011. Whatsapp no 08060887730. Thks
for the front cam click on d small image dat look like cam with a circle it will change to front cam
download 2go from play store. search for it.
for pes check page 70 for d info
Re: Tecno L3 Discussion Thread by luckshine: 6:04pm On Aug 04, 2013
[quote author=brizzle1.16]to p3 users ppsspp also work but lag for games large files like pes which is about 700-800mb just tried it..have alot of psp games on my lappy about the try the rest so i will alert you guys the ones that work without lagging[/quote
my psp pes13 is very slow on my l3 pls wat can I do to make it work normal
Re: Tecno L3 Discussion Thread by Dmedalion: 6:14pm On Aug 04, 2013
those who has successfully rooted ..do mind to upload Ur Modified boot.img and recovery.IMG
..having problem with my modified.img files
Re: Tecno L3 Discussion Thread by veravin24: 6:18pm On Aug 04, 2013
my battery runs down quickly it does not last. what will I do to increase the life of my battery.
thanks
Re: Tecno L3 Discussion Thread by ebuka144(m): 6:25pm On Aug 04, 2013
Guys help my mtn 3gig is nt browsin. Help wat can i do to solve dis i don load card de.m give me 10mb wen e finish e stop oooo helpppppp
Re: Tecno L3 Discussion Thread by rexxiemuzic: 6:29pm On Aug 04, 2013
herrlekan:

If you are in Lagos I can root it for you without hassle but for a fee.
pls give me ur number, I really need to foot this phone. and Hw much will I pay
Re: Tecno L3 Discussion Thread by herrlekan(m): 6:47pm On Aug 04, 2013
rexxiemuzic:
pls give me ur number, I really need to foot this phone. and Hw much will I pay

Call me on 07040561727
Re: Tecno L3 Discussion Thread by herrlekan(m): 6:53pm On Aug 04, 2013
Dmedalion: those who has successfully rooted ..do mind to upload Ur Modified boot.img and recovery.IMG
..having problem with my modified.img files

Let me have your email
Re: Tecno L3 Discussion Thread by herrlekan(m): 6:58pm On Aug 04, 2013
dellaziz: anybody that has rooted the phone and is in abk should halla I go dash am figo if he fit help me root am..damn serious o!!!! smiley

The first to root the phone with proof and screenshots. How much is figo
Re: Tecno L3 Discussion Thread by Dmedalion: 6:58pm On Aug 04, 2013
herrlekan:

Let me have your email
umorumuhammed18@yahoo.com

thnks
Re: Tecno L3 Discussion Thread by elevatedblog(m): 7:06pm On Aug 04, 2013
OCTAVO: Is this phone available yet?
Pls I need this info in order to know if I should wait for it or get another phone. Thanks.
[img]http://img1.nairaland.com/attachments/1196038_Techno_L3_png8e7fa2d7c8e760a6fcc6e235b20fc7a5[/img]

FULL SPECS HERE:

The phone is very much available in the market
You can get more details of the phone here http://www.biztechclass.com/android-jelly-bean-tecno-l3/
Re: Tecno L3 Discussion Thread by Mafia4life(m): 7:16pm On Aug 04, 2013
Can thou upload some img to Dropbox and paste?
Must the figures be the exact posted?
Re: Tecno L3 Discussion Thread by udemzyudex(m): 7:25pm On Aug 04, 2013
how many mb is PES 2012?
Re: Tecno L3 Discussion Thread by Nobody: 7:26pm On Aug 04, 2013
Am here to help, the method works and it takes about 45minutes to root. If you have any question just ask me. Add me on whatsapp. 07034686242.

Re: Tecno L3 Discussion Thread by Nobody: 7:48pm On Aug 04, 2013
Who wan buy l3
Re: Tecno L3 Discussion Thread by encryptjay(m): 7:51pm On Aug 04, 2013
gboru: Who wan buy l3
Why you wan sell am?
Re: Tecno L3 Discussion Thread by ademony(m): 7:52pm On Aug 04, 2013
Pls guys... What is the app notification- a number in green circle that is on all dese screenshots
Re: Tecno L3 Discussion Thread by Graviton(m): 8:02pm On Aug 04, 2013
This mtn 3gb no dey work...not browsing even with #100 in my acc balance
Re: Tecno L3 Discussion Thread by oluhenry: 8:23pm On Aug 04, 2013
[quote author=oluhenry]Plz , hw many file do i av 2 download 4 a game n how do i instal it...plz m new
Re: Tecno L3 Discussion Thread by Highrock(m): 8:29pm On Aug 04, 2013
Graviton: This mtn 3gb no dey work...not browsing even with #100 in my acc balance

guys a beg help us here
my 3gb is just wasting
Re: Tecno L3 Discussion Thread by encryptjay(m): 8:39pm On Aug 04, 2013
TL3 thread dey run. D thread go soon gap P3.

(1) (2) (3) ... (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) ... (242) (Reply)

The Gallery (Mobile Photography/Art) / Some Useful Nokia Codes & How To Format/Reset Ur Phone / FIFA 14 For Android...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.