Stats: 3,182,711 members, 7,918,190 topics. Date: Monday, 12 August 2024 at 03:13 AM

Car Talk Chat Room - Car Talk (111) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Talk Chat Room (543945 Views)

Car Talk Chat Room / Car Talk Library / Do Not Post Sales Or Adverts In Car Talk Section (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) ... (225) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by omolomolarinero: 4:52pm On Apr 26, 2019
dannybrasky:
It's ok Gazzuzz! grin

I already brought my fork and knife ready to dine grin
But it's all good.

omolomolarinero enjoy your truck,good luck.

quote author=GAZZUZZ post=77877403]

If it was done properly, what you have in that engine bay is a die hard engine.

Meanwhile.....

False alert people.. cry

Thank you vary much oga. However, the engine bay doesn't look clean enough and that's what scares me cos there are unconnected wires and oil Leakeages here and there. Will get a good mechanic to help me look into the Leakeages before it hits the road. Thank you
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by nurey(m): 4:53pm On Apr 26, 2019
omolomolarinero:

Thanks. I guess that means the engine won't give me much of a problem. It's high time I ditched my mechanic for telling me v8 tweaked into v4. Already confirmed from the dealer if truly he changed the engine from a diesel to a petrol engine. I can only hope it lasts and not break down in the middle of a forest

chai shey we never kobalize your mechanic like this. Abeg the man was just looking for stomach and pocket infrastructure grin
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by dannybrasky(m): 4:58pm On Apr 26, 2019
Think twice before giving it to your (KAZEEM) of a mechanic,he seems incompetent. I suppose its high time you get a pro b4 they mess things up real good for u. Good luck once again. cool

omolomolarinero:

Thank you vary much oga. However, the engine bay doesn't look clean enough and that's what scares me cos there are unconnected wires and oil Leakeages here and there. Will get a good mechanic to help me look into the Leakeages before it hits the road. Thank you

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by dannybrasky(m): 5:01pm On Apr 26, 2019
Lol baba,he came here to ask questions his mechanic couldn't answer,better the right way than his mechanic to dabaru his innocent car for him. KAZEEM of a Mechanic would always get his own customer's grin

O.p just dodge a bullet grin Thanks to u guys,u just saved him a whole lot of wahala.

nurey:

chai shey we never kobalize your mechanic like this. Abeg the man was just looking for stomach and pocket infrastructure grin
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by omolomolarinero: 5:18pm On Apr 26, 2019
Thanks people, Was about selling off the truck at a ridiculous price but I won't have to thanks to your inputs
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Timbuktu14(m): 8:06pm On Apr 26, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

If it was done properly, what you have in that engine bay is a die hard engine.

Meanwhile.....

False alert people.. cry
Is that a Carburetor? cheesy
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by chukel(m): 10:01am On Apr 27, 2019
olabanji88:
My gear won't change to 3 or 4 wat could be the problem
if it's Lexus RX300, knock sensor
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by erico2k2(m): 1:36pm On Apr 27, 2019
[quote author=omolomolarinero post=77875063][/quote]
When you think you have seen it all, however that Engine is not a V8, but my worry is was OP told of the change from Diesel to Petrol? what a waste though as the diesel Engine was more durable and would outrun its petrol compatriot, these Engines which are old diesel can run on cooking Oil.
But the laboratory though grin grin grin reminds me of my Dads old 504 grin grin grin
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by erico2k2(m): 1:37pm On Apr 27, 2019
Timbuktu14:
Is that a Carburetor? cheesy
Ofcos
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by quam9997(m): 12:09pm On Apr 28, 2019
Honda accord 2004 for sale 1.5million
First body
USA used
whatsapp: 08100609864
call: 08071167505

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by quam9997(m): 12:11pm On Apr 28, 2019
Tokunbo Toyota Corolla Sport 2007 model for sale 2.1million

Dm: 08100609864
call:08071167505

Car is in a very neat and clean condition

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by quam9997(m): 12:14pm On Apr 28, 2019
Tokunbo toyota corolla 2009 model for sale 2.650million
Car is in a very neat and pristine condition
call: 08071167505

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by bashir1451(m): 10:13pm On Apr 28, 2019
Hello gurus in the house, I am using a Peugeot 206 but its Air Condition is giving me problems, anytime I refill with gas the AC will just work for a few minutes and then the Gas will just evaporate, they checked if there are leakages, they found some and rectified them however its still doing the same thing, my first mechanic told me its compressor but the second one said we should dismantle the whole car interior in order to see leakages. Pls any Guru with a knowledge or experience of such happenindls should assist.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Timizikolo: 1:10am On Apr 29, 2019
Car tracker installation for security reasons at affordable price. Functions include;
*track your car locations from anywhere in the world .
*listen and record every discussion going on in your car.
*Shut down your car from wherever you are and can activate it back if you want to. Useful for personal car security�, companies carriage vehicles tracking�,etc. help to reduce car theft.
Call 07088890014 for your tracker installation at affordable price.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Nobody: 1:36pm On Apr 29, 2019
Pls, I need a BMW mechanic around ojuelegba.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Teeders(m): 11:24am On May 01, 2019
V8 toyota camry grin

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by dbelovd(m): 3:24pm On May 01, 2019
nurey:

Oga nurey kindly help out on this one.

I have this Almera Tino toks that I intend giving out on hire purchase on taxify forum in Ibadan.

From what I've been able to gather from those using it, I think the car is reliable and easy to maintain.

But those uses are private, and I've not seen anyone using it for commercial purposes.

So do you know if this car can withstand the stress, if deployed for commercial purposes.

I'm asking because i don't want a vehicle that will be problematic to the driver.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by nurey(m): 3:55pm On May 01, 2019
dbelovd:

Oga nurey kindly help out on this one.

I have this Almera Tino toks that I intend giving out on hire purchase on taxify forum in Ibadan.

From what I've been able to gather from those using it, I think the car is reliable and easy to maintain.

But those uses are private, and I've not seen anyone using it for commercial purposes.

So do you know if this car can withstand the stress, if deployed for commercial purposes.

I'm asking because i don't want a vehicle that will be problematic to the driver.

it's an ok vehicle if it was converted well and if fitted with the 1.8L engine, I don't know much about the 2.0L engine.

I have used the saloon version so I can categorically tell you it's reliable all round don't abuse it, engine is a bit advance but all in all have your crankshaft and camshaft sensor extra in glove box Incase, those things can fail prematurely.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by dbelovd(m): 5:31pm On May 01, 2019
nurey:

it's an ok vehicle if it was converted well and if fitted with the 1.8L engine, I don't know much about the 2.0L engine.

I have used the saloon version so I can categorically tell you it's reliable all round don't abuse it, engine is a bit advance but all in all have your crankshaft and camshaft sensor extra in glove box Incase, those things can fail prematurely.

Oh, thanks so much for the quick response..

The one with me is not converted. It's from Germany.

Also it's manual transmission and it's 1.8L
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Dennis1122: 6:50am On May 02, 2019
Hi all,
Please I need help. My car Toyota Highlander brain box got damaged and finding a replacement has been a problem. The brain box part no is 8991-48290, 275000—2361 12v. 2AZ-FE 9. Chassis JTEGD21A420026976. Anybody with useful advice can contact me on 08064876395
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Monlo(m): 9:26am On May 02, 2019
Good morning.I use Toyota Camry 2007,I observed that my traficators are no longer working(all 4),I called my repairer to fix it,he said it was the flasher,he changed it,and it was working again.The following day,in the morning I started the car,lol and behold it was not working again even till I got " to and fro " where I went that morning.Later in the afternoon,I started the car again to use,it was working. The following morning,I started the car again it was not working,I had to call my repairer back again,he had to change the flasher again,and it was working.This morning again it did not work while going out,even while returning it did not work.On getting home,with vexation I had to call my repairer to come fix it again,only for him to come,start the car,it started working again.

Intact am getting tired with this ,traficcators problem.I have observed that it doesn't work most often in the morning when I start the car to use,but often in the afternoon,it will work.
Please what could be the cause of this?
Also do you know the price of this " Flasher", new and Belgium?
Cos my repairer says,new one would not work for my car,and he has been using Belgium for my car.

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by folash: 1:00pm On May 02, 2019
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by dannybrasky(m): 1:10pm On May 02, 2019
Say no more. Cc legalwealth

folash:
I have a nice car domain for anybody interested in building cars related website
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by solexy12: 12:36am On May 03, 2019
We at ushebba resources specialize in car diagnosing, Ecu remapping, immobilized deactivating, transponder chip programming for vehicles such an Peugeot 1998 to present, Mercedes Benz 2000 - presents, Toyota’s and others. We do general auto computerized diagnoses and repairs. For those in kaduna chat us up on 08168854452 on WhatsApp or call.

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Nobody: 2:47am On May 06, 2019
Please house how Legit is this guy
https://www.nairaland.com/5167845/n1000000-less-tokunbo-cars/1
Planing of Doing business with him
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by atelysir(m): 7:39am On May 06, 2019
I Am A Clearing And Forwarding Ageñt At Tin Can Port Island And A Car Dealer
Contact Me On

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by jceesquare(m): 9:18am On May 07, 2019
Ogas in the house I have issues with my car A/C.
It's a Nissan Almera 1998 with the Sr20 engine.
I noticed each time I turn on the A/C, the car would find it difficult to rev hard. The RPM is slightly above 800 with A/C on and does not seem low but when you try to rev the engine it responds slowly as if the engine is under immerse load and accelerate as if it's towing something heavy.
I also noticed the A/C works or cools fine when the car is in motion or when you rev it up, but doesn't really work fine when stationary.
The car has manual transmission and runs perfect without A/C.
Pls I need help as my A/C guy does not know what to do again and is confused.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Rofina123: 12:12pm On May 08, 2019
Get this Tokunbo Lexus IS 250 (2007) 2.6 million (negotiable) . Call Asap 0805 197 5107

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by quam9997(m): 7:43am On May 09, 2019
Clean condition Mazda Sedan 2006 model for sale @N1.450million
Call if interested: 08071167505

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Bmode: 4:04pm On May 09, 2019
Good day to you all, I wish everyone a wonderful weekend ahead, contact me quickly for your third party insurance and comprehensive with Good rate, I give you � Assurance for any claims

Adebola Mutual Benefit Assurance

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by TedKing: 11:00am On May 10, 2019
Hello everyone! I am currently doing a Consumer Behavior research for my finals. My topic is consumers' behaviors and the decision making process when considering buying a car in Nigeria, especially through listing sites (Jiji, Chenki, Naijauto, etc) instead of going to physical showrooms. The same with people who want to sell their cars.

Please take some time to answer the following questionnaire for me, thank you so much and I hope we can find some interesting insights about cars buyers/sellers here grin We can also discuss our differences!

For buyers: https://forms.gle/dRkysD47qnM7D56N8

For sellers: https://forms.gle/Hi7F3hW7hcyjyDAK6

Thank you so much for doing my survey grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) ... (225) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)