Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,367 members, 7,920,408 topics. Date: Wednesday, 14 August 2024 at 06:29 AM

Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan (68799 Views)

Obasanjo Is An Embarrassment To The Military - Nigeria Defence HQ / Wole Soyinka Is Better Off As A 'Guinea Fowl' Hunter - Obasanjo / Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 8:13am On Jul 13, 2013
Basket mouth of Yorubas always warrant ''spokesperson'' position !!!

Awon Agbenuso ,elenu shonbolo bi apeere grin grin Yoruba man talk na Yoruba man go reply as spokesman ; onisokuso alagbenuso arije nidi ibaje ,ole ole grin
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Shakslayer: 8:14am On Jul 13, 2013
tongue
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by funnyx(m): 8:14am On Jul 13, 2013
morenath: u called the number one president a yam head,even if he is ur age mate but u still need to respect the position God has placed him dat ur so called Tinubu and Buhari wanna attain at all cost........my prayer is dat u and ur family will never attain such a post IJN.......GEJ get enough power to transform ur life forever......sorry 4 ur life!!!!patience abeg na him first abuse u ,and anybody no see an then,abeg abuse am back wella,na so him jump comot for ogun state com dey put moutn for Osun state matter durin oyinlola time....and I think dats wat he deserve

What kind of garbage is this? And you even have the audacity to include IJN in your garbage! Is the post of a president the best anyone in life can attain? Who even in his right sense will want to be the most abused president? It's obvious that several years of poverty, suffering and oppression has distort your ability and that of your ilk to reason like a free born, like proper human being.

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Akell(m): 8:14am On Jul 13, 2013
tokunboh: I'm shocked at PEJ's audacity to take a swipe at Soyinka!.... This drama is really getting interesting and embarrasing...

Is Wole Soyinka God? He has betrayed the confidence most of us had in him. Sometimes we have to put respected people in their place when they cross the boundary of decorum and respect. Wole Soyinka should zip it! He needs proper dosage of flagil for his running mouth!!

when has it become a crime to decry an excess of a self-imposed despot in a democratic setting? The honourable prof has said nothing wrong here...He is trying to correct the social vices perpetrated by the so-called first lady. Are you too blind or too deaf to notice her glaring excesses?

4 Likes

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by SmashingM(f): 8:16am On Jul 13, 2013
hunri: she should have been giving a pen to reply by herself... Soyinka will reply soon. Big mouthed dame....

And you should be trashed for murdering English language.

Back to topic: From all indications, WS shouldn't have called a press conference to tackle what he cannot proof. Let him bear the insults. Being a Nobel Laureate does not make him God.
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by deleola: 8:17am On Jul 13, 2013
We shld not forget that Wole Soyinka had always spoken his mind right from the military regime. So, the is patience that he cant talk to. The woman is too forward. Make she carry that her big belle go siddowm one place.
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by urboy1: 8:17am On Jul 13, 2013
pureguide:

Shutup.

Grow up Son
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by funnyx(m): 8:17am On Jul 13, 2013
Controversy: may God help Nigeria
From the people of southwest perspective wole Soyinka is now God and have monopoly to insult anybody, even the wife of erected president without been challenged?

See your life in the open cheesy grin

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by eaglechild: 8:17am On Jul 13, 2013
Willzkid:
Who be dis one?
witch cry for night, pikin die next morning, who nor know say na witch do am?
keep up the self-deceit bro, whatever your motivation is, you will soon run out of it..

By the way na PEJ write dat long GBAGAUNLESS diatribe.

On a second look, dat Ayo Osinlu don price market wey e no go buy for him lifetime
This is not a fetish thread for witches and wizards which apparently abound in your clan.
Nobody is above mistake and that includes your demigod.
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Samuelfriday: 8:18am On Jul 13, 2013
Nigerian and it funny leader well dis a real drama i will like to watch on stage
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Angel778(f): 8:19am On Jul 13, 2013
tokunboh: I'm shocked at PEJ's audacity to take a swipe at Soyinka!.... This drama is really getting interesting and embarrasing...

Is Wole Soyinka God? He has betrayed the confidence most of us had in him. Sometimes we have to put respected people in their place when they cross the boundary of decorum and respect. Wole Soyinka should zip it! He needs proper dosage of flagil for his running mouth!!
Will you shock the Bleep up and advise ur mannerless and uncultured first lady and her clueless husband to stop heating up the polity!
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by adwem2003(m): 8:19am On Jul 13, 2013

You re sick. You think everyone will keep their mouth shot when things are going wrong? Idiota!
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Koffiman: 8:21am On Jul 13, 2013
My_Time: Is Wole Soyinka God? He has betrayed the confidence most of us had in him. Sometimes we have to put respected people in their place when they cross the boundary of decorum and respect. Wole Soyinka should zip it! He needs proper dosage of flagil for his running mouth!!

^^^^^^^^
I Still maintain that PEJ has no moral justification to talk back at the Prof. Her only portfolio is being the wife of the president. Soyinka has achieved a lot and demands respect. He is one of our national icons and a gift to this nation. He commands more respect outside the shores of this country than PEJ can ever get so she should be the one to zip it... IMO
shut up! Who knows him outside naija. Even children of foreign countries dont read his books in their schools and homes. Foreign universities dont study or read his kind of african literature. So, he shud try and safeguard the honor and respect Nigerians have for him by putting his mouth and ego in check.

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Carlmax(m): 8:21am On Jul 13, 2013
Pygru:
lack of proper upbringing dey worry you

Pygru U are a mor.on

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 8:21am On Jul 13, 2013

Okirika, abi waitin you call your name? Have you forgotten that there is freedom of speech? Wole Soyinka has every right to speak out his opinion, so keep shut.
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by drnoel: 8:21am On Jul 13, 2013

Tell me, why shouldn't Soyinka say what he did. Why should the Prof. be insulted cos he said what many Nigerians thought but didn't have the liver to say. Would that now make people accuse him of idocrasy. Does he come out often to make such public statements,...no he does not. In as much as I support the Prof. he should have also remembered that one does not go to the market and exchange words with a market woman and expect not be drawn into a fight or an outright quarrel or better still too no one goes to a mud pit wearing white and expect to come home unstained.
Still, Soyinka never spoke directly to Mrs. Jonathan. He spoke to her husband and brushed her aside. Any intelligent person could have seen that in his interview but then Mrs. Jonathan being who she is won't and would prefer to bustle for a fight like her character and that is plain idiocrasy.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by onagoodday1: 8:22am On Jul 13, 2013
My_Time: Is Wole Soyinka God? He has betrayed the confidence most of us had in him. Sometimes we have to put respected people in their place when they cross the boundary of decorum and respect. Wole Soyinka should zip it! He needs proper dosage of flagil for his running mouth!!

^^^^^^^^
I Still maintain that PEJ has no moral justification to talk back at the Prof. Her only portfolio is being the wife of the president. Soyinka has achieved a lot and demands respect. He is one of our national icons and a gift to this nation. He commands more respect outside the shores of this country than PEJ can ever get so she should be the one to zip it... IMO

if the basis of your judgement as i can see is based on portfolio,then it is such a myopic view,don't forget that soyinka has caused much harm than good to this nation,through introduction of sea dogs and subsequently other ppl took after him,and don't even give me that crap that it is not his intention blah blah blah....unless u r one of them,soyinka should learn to respect a constituted authority and thread with caution
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by emmydee(m): 8:22am On Jul 13, 2013
Has any of you actually taken time to read the Prof's full comments? Mrs. Jonathan is not Mr.Vice President, but she clearly acts as a VP. Prof. was speaking on the incident that took place in PH. Mrs Jonathan was in Rivers State in an unofficial,self seeking visit that lasted for 11 days,not 11 hours. And at some locations,the roads were closed throughout her "reign" with full security aparatus. In fact, the Executive Governor was told that he could not pass through certain roads as a result. I mean,that's a huge insult.Can any of us take that? So comes the crisis in Rivers Assembly where only 5 lawmakers loyal to President & Mrs. Jonathan out of 32, tried to impeach the Speaker in a thuglike fashion. I believe that Mrs Jonathan is actually obscessed with "power" which does not exist.Now if she's bent on using that kitchen cum bedroom given power to destabilize our society,and since it's looking like Mr. President is too busy to call madam to order, eminent nigerians have to do so. Is she supposed to have an office being maintained by tax payers money? Doesn't this country have an Hon. Minister of Women Affairs who is paid? So what is her own wahala? Mrs. Jonathan is half educated. This is why she has failed to accept the difference btw Mr.President & Mrs. Jonathan.

9 Likes

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by econome(m): 8:22am On Jul 13, 2013
Eh! Who help am write the grammer this time?
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Oahray: 8:23am On Jul 13, 2013
Mtscheeeew! Na Prof own sweet pass jare.

This woman does not seem to realise that she isn't even recognised in the constitution, neither does she have an office.

Wole Soyinka brought positive recognition by winning the nobel prize. He's respected outside Nigerian shores. All Patience Jonathan has done is embarrass Nigerians with her english.
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by eaglechild: 8:23am On Jul 13, 2013
adwem2003:

You re sick. You think everyone will keep their mouth shot when things are going wrong? Idiota!
If only his mouth was SHOT we would have all had some peace.
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Daresh(f): 8:24am On Jul 13, 2013
Whatever good Goodluck is doing, Patience the greedy grubbing fat witch is wiping off. Mr President get ur fat bitch to shut and stay home, she is a national embarrassment
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 8:26am On Jul 13, 2013
Samuelfriday: Nigerian and it funny leader well dis a real drama i will like to watch on stage

A country ruled by oligarchies who care less about these moronic boolickers engaged in "worships and praises" of that fat uglybitch even animal farm wasn't as worse as this suffering and smiling Nigerians experience daily in the hands of their fooolish leaders. So pathetic I swear !

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by drnoel: 8:26am On Jul 13, 2013
on a good day:

if the basis of your judgement as i can see is based on portfolio,then it is such a myopic view,don't forget that soyinka has caused much harm than good to this nation,through introduction of sea dogs and subsequently other ppl took after him,and don't even give me that crap that it is not his intention blah blah blah....unless u r one of them,soyinka should learn to respect a constituted authority and thread with caution
When u say constitutional authority and u mean Dame Patience then I please beg to distance myself from that saying and thought but if u mean someone or something else I would then ask u to expalin urself.
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by chukwumafabian(m): 8:26am On Jul 13, 2013
olatomiwa: P[color=#000099][/color]ity! This forum has been infliterated by paid publicists from the Presidency. It is soooo obvious
They become paid publicists when they speak for jonathan but when they speak against him they become sincere people. Dats d height of hypocrisy
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 8:26am On Jul 13, 2013
I dont knowhow to beat some sense into nldrs, now if ypuwill allowme let me analyze the situation
the first lady, the wife our president and an ardent anti amaechi leader visited riversstate notquite long and practically lay seige to the state
The visit of the first even confined the governor of rivers state and also during tgis stay some of his security personell were diverted to the first lady during her fafare visit
During this same visit, the first lady attended a wedding closely associated with the five lawmakers who were planning an impeachment, thereafter, having a private meeting with these five lawmakers.
Also during this same visit we can recall that amaechi was recovering from the supposed 16/19 ngf election fracas
The first lady also during her visit met with mbu, the cp of rivers, after which he started behaving rouge and accused amaechi of being a dictator and a tyrant and went further to deprive law makers including amaechi, of their security personnel
Just few days after she left, her five lawmaker friends moved for an impeachment of hon. Amachree, who is believed to be an ardent pro amaechi supporter.
Amaechi supposed aide who was involved in the fracas was only one of mbu's tool for soling amaechi's reputation and bringing his public rating down
Few hours after this fracas occured tge video was supposedly leaked by the 5 lawmakers and aides of the first lady.

So you cn see from the above analysis that the first lady dame patience is the assymetrical root of the rivers state crisis......

4 Likes

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by teadrake(m): 8:26am On Jul 13, 2013
'My fellow Widow'You're a disappointment to the office of the president and to yourself.You that can even construct a fluent sentence,how dare u hurl insult on the nobel writer.How dare you!Pathetic fool and slowpoke fellow
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by benzine: 8:27am On Jul 13, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEJVIyc6xp8

That's Wole Soyinka in Akwa Ibom praising the Governor whom many of us know has a highly questionable character. I think old age has caught up with this man and he should really stick it. Patience was speaking for me - Soyinka became an instant embarrassment when I first watched that video. He can go to hell for all I care

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 8:28am On Jul 13, 2013
Now this is what I don't like...uncle Jo had better shorten his leash on his dog. Thank God, she was thoughtful enough to have someone else write the speech grin
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by swezenberg(m): 8:28am On Jul 13, 2013
eldoradoxx: If dem say make I choose oooh, I go choose make dem make me President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria even if na only for one week than to make me a Wole Soyinka (Noble Lauret) for life. Power sweet shaa oooh.
Let me help you re-phrase. You go choose make them make you a thief and a tout for one week than to make you a diligent world acclaimed nobel lauret

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Akell(m): 8:28am On Jul 13, 2013
pureguide:

you yorubas are known for idolisation and idol worship,
witchcraft, socery name it. You worship stones (ogun), coconut(ifa),
lizards, plates, spoons etc and now you ve just made wole soyinka one of
your newest gods. To we that doesn't count, WS is just a fetish hypocrite
who walks about bare foot, unkempt hair and beards, the old hag needs to
get a life for real, who the hell is he to keep raining insults on the president's
wife. Is it because wole is not legally married that he is abusing another
man's wife? How much does he recieve as freebies from apc that is driving
him mad at his old age, this should have gone on a thorough research
before making his inane assertions public.

it's crystal clear u are a deranged person. Must you attack a whole tribe cus of an individual? From the tone of ur statement, it shows you're being jealous of the yorubas. You envy them cus they're the most educated in the country. Better join the roller coaster or get crushed....

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by onagoodday1: 8:29am On Jul 13, 2013
olayiwola-aims:
With all this response on prof by fellow NL..I just realise that this country has no where to go than to sink.. Whts d different btw u guyz and PEJ?...and who the hell is PEJ to b talking to a whole Nobel laureate...smh ..

in as much as we agree that patience excesses should be checked.....you shatap

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (25) (Reply)

Female FRSC Official Feeds Male Colleague Publicly In Abuja (Video) / Emeka Agba: I Am Donald Trump’s Grandfather - Nigerian Man (video) / Police At The Hospital Where Dino Melaye Is Being Treated (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.