Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,729 members, 7,921,592 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 09:21 AM

Need Your Opinion On This Ghanaian Version Of Nairaland I Created From Scratch - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Need Your Opinion On This Ghanaian Version Of Nairaland I Created From Scratch (2317 Views)

A Throwback Pic Of Nairaland Wayback 2005 / Checklist For Starting A Successful Blog From Scratch / Pictures Of Nairaland Back In 2005 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need Your Opinion On This Ghanaian Version Of Nairaland I Created From Scratch by auxizain(m): 1:45pm On Jul 13, 2013
I have created a version of nairaland but is geared towards the ghanaian community..please tell me what you think
about the design..
specs:
programming language:php..used codeigniter framework.
database:mysqli
others:jquery

http://ghtalks.com
Re: Need Your Opinion On This Ghanaian Version Of Nairaland I Created From Scratch by idedan(m): 2:43pm On Jul 13, 2013
Good, bt it did not open well on mobile.. Check that.

1 Like

Re: Need Your Opinion On This Ghanaian Version Of Nairaland I Created From Scratch by auxizain(m): 2:47pm On Jul 13, 2013
ok thank you..i am working on that
Re: Need Your Opinion On This Ghanaian Version Of Nairaland I Created From Scratch by ommo(m): 5:41pm On Jul 18, 2013
the site is nice.
Re: Need Your Opinion On This Ghanaian Version Of Nairaland I Created From Scratch by fasa2020(m): 6:35pm On Jul 18, 2013
Nice layout. . . I do not like the background though sad Change to a dull/cool color, i think that white is too BRIGHT. And besides, dont you think the "Hits" beside titles wont allow me to click a page am hesitating to open? So, i suggest it should not be there.

Great work you have there though am afraid you wont be listen to user's opinions again when the site now turns to daily routine of Ghanaians like our Oga at the top here smiley cheesy smiley Guess you'll just decides on your own and GBAM !! Thats final cheesy
Re: Need Your Opinion On This Ghanaian Version Of Nairaland I Created From Scratch by onyengbu: 7:23pm On Jul 18, 2013
1. Backround too plain
2. why all the Ghana Flags naa, if you must use flag, one flag at the header should do.
3. why use disqus for your comments? Cant you keep your hard earned data in your own database?
4. the blue colored rounded links arent done well yet, reduce the border radius and/or increase the horizontal padding a bit.
Re: Need Your Opinion On This Ghanaian Version Of Nairaland I Created From Scratch by auxizain(m): 7:38pm On Jul 18, 2013
fasa2020: Nice layout. . . I do not like the background though sad Change to a dull/cool color, i think that white is too BRIGHT. And besides, dont you think the "Hits" beside titles wont allow me to click a page am hesitating to open? So, i suggest it should not be there.

Great work you have there though am afraid you wont be listen to user's opinions again when the site now turns to daily routine of Ghanaians like our Oga at the top here smiley cheesy smiley Guess you'll just decides on your own and GBAM !! Thats final cheesy
haha thanks will find a dull color and use it then
Re: Need Your Opinion On This Ghanaian Version Of Nairaland I Created From Scratch by Nobody: 7:42pm On Jul 18, 2013
You did good.but you need a lot to do on that website.
Go to your domain host cpnl and change the platform.
I think smf will do .because that's what seun is using on Nl.
I don't see how you can call that website a version of NL.because its way far different.even on pc they don't look like.so I advice you use smf. but if you can't.you still need to edit the colour and install a mobile plugin.so it should be mobile friendly.
Nice work tho. Thumb up

1 Like

Re: Need Your Opinion On This Ghanaian Version Of Nairaland I Created From Scratch by auxizain(m): 7:43pm On Jul 18, 2013
onye_ngbu*:
1. Backround too plain
2. why all the Ghana Flags naa, if you must use flag, one flag at the header should do.
3. why use disqus for your comments? Cant you keep your hard earned data in your own database?
4. the blue colored rounded links arent done well yet, reduce the border radius and/or increase the horizontal padding a bit.
thanks very much will work on the background and the links
i am working on a commenting system which operates like disqus ..will switch soon...i had a reply system but i want a better one...so i had to put it off
Re: Need Your Opinion On This Ghanaian Version Of Nairaland I Created From Scratch by auxizain(m): 8:05pm On Jul 18, 2013
pureguide: You did good.but you need a lot to do on that website.
I don't see how you can call that website a version of NL.because its way far different.even on pc they don't look like.so I advice you use smf. but if you can't.you still need to edit the colour and install a mobile plugin.so it should be mobile friendly.
Nice work tho. Thumb up
thanks man..still working on it...thank you very much
Re: Need Your Opinion On This Ghanaian Version Of Nairaland I Created From Scratch by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jul 18, 2013
auxizain:
thanks man..still working on it...thank you very much

Aite dude! Waiting for the final launching of the website.
Re: Need Your Opinion On This Ghanaian Version Of Nairaland I Created From Scratch by jenifertaler: 9:19pm On Jul 18, 2013
Its opening for me Thanks
Re: Need Your Opinion On This Ghanaian Version Of Nairaland I Created From Scratch by Nobody: 9:50pm On Jul 18, 2013
jenifertaler: Its opening for me Thanks

Lols.seems you don't understand what it means when one said mobile friendly.
NL is an example.
Re: Need Your Opinion On This Ghanaian Version Of Nairaland I Created From Scratch by onyengbu: 9:57pm On Jul 18, 2013
pureguide: You did good.but you need a lot to do on that website.
Nice work tho. Thumb up
A version according to him might mean the site serve to Ghanaians the same purpose NL serve for Nigerians and by the way,
Seun stopped using smf since last year.

Which mobile plugin are you referrring to, oga? I tot he just have to make the site responsive?
Re: Need Your Opinion On This Ghanaian Version Of Nairaland I Created From Scratch by Nobody: 10:07pm On Jul 18, 2013
onye_ngbu*:

A version according to him might mean the site serve to Ghanaians the same purpose NL serve for Nigerians and by the way,

Which mobile plugin are you referrring to, oga? I tot he just have to make the site responsive?
Ok I taught as much.he can google mobile plugins ,and make his choice
So what is seun using now?
Re: Need Your Opinion On This Ghanaian Version Of Nairaland I Created From Scratch by auxizain(m): 10:08pm On Jul 18, 2013
onye_ngbu*:

yes was quiet confused by his comment thanks man
Re: Need Your Opinion On This Ghanaian Version Of Nairaland I Created From Scratch by Nobody: 10:20pm On Jul 18, 2013
auxizain:
yes was quiet confused by his comment thanks man
Sorry o.I didn't mean to confuse you. Carry go.
Will unfollow the thread.so I can't confuse you anymore
Re: Need Your Opinion On This Ghanaian Version Of Nairaland I Created From Scratch by onyengbu: 10:28pm On Jul 18, 2013
pureguide:

grin Some people sef . . .
Re: Need Your Opinion On This Ghanaian Version Of Nairaland I Created From Scratch by auxizain(m): 10:41pm On Jul 18, 2013
pureguide:
cmon don't dull...i know this current nairaland is not made with smf
and about the version i was refering to how it functions which is the same as nairaland
and i'm also working on making the site responsive...sorry if my words were offensive to you..
Re: Need Your Opinion On This Ghanaian Version Of Nairaland I Created From Scratch by atutupo8125: 9:48am On Sep 21, 2022

(1) (Reply)

Blog For Sale With Nigeria Adsense And Mgid Ads On It + Domain Name / Help! My Gmail Account Disappeared. / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.