Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,338 members, 7,943,839 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 06:03 AM

Need Help With Mysql - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Need Help With Mysql (702 Views)

Please Help Me Out With Mysql Distinct / Help Connecting Php With Mysql / Building Dynamic Websites With MySQL And PHP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need Help With Mysql by RuuDie(m): 6:44pm On May 21, 2008
Need serious help with MySQL. Just got the CD don't know how to get started with it!

Please what i need is a very, very, very simplified explanation of how to install on Win XP and how to get started in creating simple tables.

I've read a number of tutorials, ref materials and stuffs like that but its all helluva confusing. . . . . pipes, binaries, bins, bits, command-line etc.

A very simple explanation would be welcome. . . . . even in pidgin english.
Thanx for your anticipated responses!
Re: Need Help With Mysql by Bossman(m): 12:03am On May 22, 2008
if you've intalled it, then you can start it from the command prompt or create a batch file to start it up. For now, navigate to the mysql/bin directory and type "mysql". The executable should be in the bin directory. The tutorials are pretty straight forward. I am surprised you said you have read it, and still cannot figure out how to start it, create tables, etc. Do you know anything about relational databases and SQL?

The tutorial.

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/tutorial.html
Re: Need Help With Mysql by RuuDie(m): 7:47pm On May 23, 2008
Bossman:

if you've intalled it, then you can start it from the command prompt or create a batch file to start it up. For now, navigate to the mysql/bin directory and type "mysql". The executable should be in the bin directory. The tutorials are pretty straight forward. I am surprised you said you have read it, and still cannot figure out how to start it, create tables, etc. Do you know anything about relational databases and SQL?

The tutorial.

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/tutorial.html

Thanx man. . . . . Sure do, know a thing or two about Dbases, worked extensively with Ms Access.
I'll try & work my way around. . . . . . Its just a bit awkward having to create batch files/working from the prompt to create tables and stuff when u're so used to the Windows interface. . . . .
Thankx again!
Re: Need Help With Mysql by uspry1(f): 12:15am On May 24, 2008
RuuDie:

Thanx man. . . . . Sure do, know a thing or two about Dbases, worked extensively with Ms Access.
I'll try & work my way around. . . . . . Its just a bit awkward having to create batch files/working from the prompt to create tables and stuff when u're so used to the Windows interface. . . . .
Thankx again!

@RuuDie

Alternative method of sharing MS Access and MySQL database, is google to find MS Access-to-MySQL conversion and vice versa too.

I used to be in your shoe knowing Dbases and MS Access back in early 1980s then my web development college class where I earned a certification taught me using ODBC method to switch both Dbases and MS Access to MySQL for my traditional clients who not want to lose old Dbases/MS Access data from their old computer terminals in order to transfer them into MySQL database replacing newer pc system.

It make my life much easier using ODBC method long before MS Access-to-MySQL conversion was invented. grin
Re: Need Help With Mysql by RuuDie(m): 3:44pm On May 26, 2008
@uspry,

Little wonder you is the moderator out here. . . . . . if i said i understood a third of what u said, i'd be a big, bad, blatant liar. . . . . anyways, i'll try some of the suggestions here and get back to y'all. . . . .

thanx for the responses!
Re: Need Help With Mysql by yawatide(f): 8:48pm On May 28, 2008
@RuuDie

you are a bad mo fo
Re: Need Help With Mysql by RuuDie(m): 8:15pm On May 30, 2008
@ yawa-ti-de

pardon, pardon
Re: Need Help With Mysql by yawatide(f): 8:22pm On May 30, 2008
@RuuDie
Little wonder you is the moderator out here. . . . . . if i said i understood a third of what u said, i'd be a big, bad, blatant liar

Just commenting on your post, thatz all.
Re: Need Help With Mysql by RuuDie(m): 5:25pm On Jun 02, 2008
yawa-ti-de:

@RuuDie
Just commenting on your post, thatz all.

abeg no yawa me ooh. . . . & if u sabi anything abt dis mySQL of a thing make u helep me!
Re: Need Help With Mysql by yawatide(f): 6:26pm On Jun 02, 2008
@RuuDie,

na wa o! u still hv problems with it? Oh well. I hvnt installed on windows although frm this forum, it seems wamp is the way to go. As for tables, what do u need to know? how to set them up? syntax? what?

Let me know and i just might be able to help.

(1) (Reply)

Are Websites Meant To Be Hidden? / Only A slowpoke Wouldn't See This: / 5 Down And Dirty Steps To Profit From Your Blog.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.