Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,529 members, 7,888,701 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 01:09 PM

I'm Scared Of Getting Married - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I'm Scared Of Getting Married (1685 Views)

I'm Scared Of Approaching A Girl Because I'm Broke / I'm Scared Of My Girlfriend / I'm Scared I Wont Find A Wife If I Dont Compromise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm Scared Of Getting Married by victorian(f): 8:13pm On May 21, 2008
when i look at most of my married friends, how they live in their homes, with distrust, nonchalance, high rate of infidelity? Its incredible how they survive either as a couple or as an individual. Also, the attitude of most single men, its appalling sad, . May God help us, it truly scares me to get married. what do you think guyz and babes , ever felt like this?
Re: I'm Scared Of Getting Married by Nobody: 8:14pm On May 21, 2008
na na na marriage is very sweet ,and sweeter if u r married to d right person
Re: I'm Scared Of Getting Married by saucekid(m): 8:15pm On May 21, 2008
i attest to that
Re: I'm Scared Of Getting Married by buzyDiva(f): 8:17pm On May 21, 2008
@poster,

Nothin as a perfect marriage.
u just gotta be possible and pray that u find a good man.
unless . . marriage is not an agenda of urs.
Re: I'm Scared Of Getting Married by 9cent(m): 8:18pm On May 21, 2008
@poster,

pray to god almighty for guidance.
Re: I'm Scared Of Getting Married by saucekid(m): 8:19pm On May 21, 2008
amen
Re: I'm Scared Of Getting Married by 9cent(m): 8:22pm On May 21, 2008
yeah saucekid
Re: I'm Scared Of Getting Married by sheniqua: 8:23pm On May 21, 2008
@ poster marriage is sweet like jenny and saucekid said but with the right man .
You can't make conclusions from friends,how was your parent's marriage,aunties and uncles?
I'm sure you have some good examples around you.

I've said this several times,I've never been duped, used or abused by any Nigerian man and all men I've known have been Nigerians
Not all men are lying dogs.
That hasn't been my experience and I'm sure there are plenty other females that agree.
Re: I'm Scared Of Getting Married by saucekid(m): 8:28pm On May 21, 2008
uhm
Re: I'm Scared Of Getting Married by Nobody: 8:29pm On May 21, 2008
I've said this several times,I've never been duped, used or abused by any Nigerian man and all men I've known have been Nigerians
Not all men are lying dogs.
That hasn't been my experience and[b] I'm sure there are plenty other females that agree.[/b]

word osisi cool ,true talk
Re: I'm Scared Of Getting Married by saucekid(m): 8:31pm On May 21, 2008
hehehe
Re: I'm Scared Of Getting Married by victorian(f): 8:42pm On May 21, 2008
yeah, i pray most times to God for total guidance, cause i really need it and maybe someday i will meet the right person undecided but in anycase @ sheniqua, my parents had a lovely marriage but marriage in the past were good, principled, with a great deal of sense of responsibility and consideration from both partners, not like these days in Lagos. Even ,my cousin such a lovely , gentle lady looks tired, unhappy and lost in her own world anytime i visit her at home, I know she married the wrong guy!  angry
  But ,by God's grace i intend to shine my eyes, ears and every vein in my body, Its better to be single,free and content with one's personal achievements than unhappily married, confused and in the mercy of fate that things will change in one's home. Well, married couples with such scenarios can attest to this silently and pray for the best in their lives. lipsrsealed

The Lord is my strength! Thanks guys.
Re: I'm Scared Of Getting Married by RampantT(f): 9:07pm On May 21, 2008
@post
Ok embarassed
Ofcourse if you're young, you'll be scared.
But when you're older, well prepared, got sth to bring to the table, have a stable job, can help financially, etc, and you have a loving caring husband, then what is there to be afraid of?
Re: I'm Scared Of Getting Married by nana(f): 9:16pm On May 21, 2008
Not scared.
Re: I'm Scared Of Getting Married by cescky(m): 9:21pm On May 21, 2008
no perfect being or thing in this life,the essence of our beings is to try to be perfect in what ever we do with the help of God
Re: I'm Scared Of Getting Married by Nobody: 9:34pm On May 21, 2008
Marriage is a bed of roses tongue
Re: I'm Scared Of Getting Married by RampantT(f): 9:36pm On May 21, 2008
stillwater:

Marriage is a bed of roses tongue
With thorns underneath wink
Re: I'm Scared Of Getting Married by Nobody: 9:39pm On May 21, 2008
Naa, no thorns cool
Re: I'm Scared Of Getting Married by saucekid(m): 9:41pm On May 21, 2008
i dont have thorns in mine cheesy
Re: I'm Scared Of Getting Married by RampantT(f): 9:41pm On May 21, 2008
stillwater:

Naa, no thorns cool
well, I can't argue with you on this one. . .it's better to expereience it on your own  tongue
Re: I'm Scared Of Getting Married by saucekid(m): 9:44pm On May 21, 2008
uhm
Re: I'm Scared Of Getting Married by RampantT(f): 9:46pm On May 21, 2008
aha uhm grin
Re: I'm Scared Of Getting Married by saucekid(m): 9:49pm On May 21, 2008
ehe uhm
Re: I'm Scared Of Getting Married by Nobody: 9:50pm On May 21, 2008
una no get work
Re: I'm Scared Of Getting Married by RampantT(f): 9:51pm On May 21, 2008
jennykadry:

una no get work
lmao!

saucekid:

ehe uhm
oho uhm grin
Re: I'm Scared Of Getting Married by saucekid(m): 9:53pm On May 21, 2008
ihi uhm
Re: I'm Scared Of Getting Married by RampantT(f): 9:57pm On May 21, 2008
*sigh* arrg! you win tongue

uhu uhm
Re: I'm Scared Of Getting Married by Nobody: 10:00pm On May 21, 2008
too many crace pple hiaaaaaa
Re: I'm Scared Of Getting Married by RampantT(f): 10:02pm On May 21, 2008
jennykadry:

too many crace people hiaaaaaa
3 is not many o
Saucekid
Jenny
nana
grin grin grin

SORRY FOR GOING OFFTOPIC

@post
read up wink
Re: I'm Scared Of Getting Married by TmeD0(m): 10:35pm On May 21, 2008
Obviously, you're not mentally ready for marriage.  My suggestion, don't get married if you're going to keep thinking of the "what ifs" in marriages.  If anyone tells you that there's a perfect marriage, they're lying to you.  So, if you're looking for that flawless marriage, you might as well stay single and reduce the undue stress you're causing yourself now.  Sounds harsh but it's the dying truth!  Peace!
Re: I'm Scared Of Getting Married by Seun(m): 10:41pm On May 21, 2008
A flawed marriage can be more painful than remaining single.
Re: I'm Scared Of Getting Married by vivaladiva(f): 10:51pm On May 21, 2008
am very pessimistic about marriage
i wonder some times if it is even necesary
i come from a broken home and this plays a very crucial role in my pessimistic outlook on marriage
i prob will never get married although i wld want kids at some point, i love being in a relationship but i think marriage is very overated
imagine pretending u will or would like to be faithful to one person for the rest of ur life, i find that very restrictive
whether male or female are we really designed for monogamy presumming thats what most would prefer

(1) (2) (Reply)

Help! Help! Help! / My Friend Wants To Kill Herself / Theory Of Physical Beauty!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.