Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,332 members, 7,937,013 topics. Date: Sunday, 01 September 2024 at 10:30 AM

My Home Is Breaking - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Home Is Breaking (11848 Views)

How Does It Happen In Your Home, Is Your Marriage This Messed Up? / Must I Befriend My Husband Mistress Before There Will Be Peace In My Home? / My Husbands Brother Is Breaking My Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Home Is Breaking by pickabeau1: 3:50pm On Jul 02, 2014
Endorsed
You are right with your postulation..
Faith is individual and should not be forced..

soul_glo: This is my problem with Nigerian Christians. At best y'all are weekend christians and if no one is watching you'd probably sacrifice an animal to solve your problems. What does the Bible say about being married to an unbeliever. No where does it say that you should force your spouse to convert. In fact it clearly says that you should not divorce your spouse if they are not saved. They are covered and so are your children.If the unbelieving spouse decides to leave then that's their issue. No where at all does it say that if he or she does not convert then they are a bad husband or wife. You guys should not mix your personal beliefs or your traditional beliefs with scripture. OP if you want a purely scripture based solution then you have come to the wrong place. Everybody has issues in their marriage and the whole idea is to work on that marriage and not leave no place for divorce. If your husband chooses to divorce you over this just know that it is not about his faith but about his selfish reasons. Should you convert to Christianity it should be 100% your choice. Not threat of divorce or pressure from people who do not even read their Bible should make you convert. I'm a Christian so of course it would bring me joy to hear that you chose to convert. Keep being a good person and if one day you are touched to convert then I will also be happy for you. Keep talking to your husband. Ask him to search the scriptures and see how he should approach this situation. It is clear in the scripture what role he should play. Good luck because I know it will not be easy. Make the right choice but make sure it is your choice

Just wanted to add this
One couple I know who are Muslim/Christians are the Fashola's. It was the agreement he made with his inlaws before he married their daughter. In fact he promised that their children would be raised as Christians. Fashola's wife has not converted to Islam. From all indication he is dedicated to his marriage even though he is the muslim in the equation. He donates his money to Christian organizations. Yes your marriage might not be the typical thing but your marriage could be an example of how we should strive to live today in Nigeria. Muslims and Christians living together in peace. Says a lot about this idea that Muslims are barbaric and will not compromise on their faith. It is Christians suggesting that you must convert even though out Bible does not support that.

1 Like

Re: My Home Is Breaking by simpleseyi: 8:29pm On Jul 03, 2014
slimyem: Good question!!

Inter-religious marriages should be a NO NO! They are usually disasters waiting to happen.

Cure your short sightedness, Fashola is a muslim while his wife is a christian (a Dame). Tinubu is a muslim while his wife is a RCCG pastor. I am a muslim, my wife is a christian. I and my wife are happier than Pastor Chris Okotie and his former Pastor (Mrs) wives. We have our own issues just like every other couples. Whenever I feel like, I drive my wife to church at Winners Chapel, Sango-Ota and stay inside the church till end of the service. That does not make me a christian. I can't be waiting in the car park because Daddy Oyedepo cast out demons and these demons run through the car park to the main road, if you stay in the car park, then the demons may enter into you and you become the devils agent.

Many muslim/muslim couples have divorced and many christian/christian couples have also divorced.

3 Likes

Re: My Home Is Breaking by bellong: 8:46pm On Jul 03, 2014
simpleseyi:

Cure your short sightedness, Fashola is a muslim while his wife is a christian (a Dame). Tinubu is a muslim while his wife is a RCCG pastor. I am a muslim, my wife is a christian. I and my wife are happier than Pastor Chris Okotie and his former Pastor (Mrs) wives. We have our own issues just like every other couples. Whenever I feel like, I drive my wife to church at Winners Chapel, Sango-Ota and stay inside the church till end of the service. That does not make me a christian. I can't be waiting in the car park because Daddy Oyedepo cast out demons and these demons run through the car park to the main road, if you stay in the car park, then the demons may enter into you and you become the devils agent.

Many muslim/muslim couples have divorced and many christian/christian couples have also divorced.

@bolded, grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: My Home Is Breaking by egopersonified(f): 5:49pm On Jul 04, 2014
simpleseyi:

d demon part really got me laughing with tears in my eyes, bros u are too much.
Re: My Home Is Breaking by delpee(f): 11:33pm On Jul 04, 2014
@simpleseyi

Wise guy!
Can't help laughing though .grin grin grin

@Op
Be calm and pray hard to weather the storm. Its not easy to get over an issue like this in these trying times viz BH et al. He's probably just scared. Reassure him of being liberal if you choose to remain a Muslim. If he perceives extremism in anyway, it will create trouble. Also let him bring up his child as a Christian. Remember the child has the power to make a choice later in life.
So many successful inter religion marriages that you can use as examples to make him see reason. Best wishes for a HML.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Handling Gold-diggers & Men Insecure Of Richer Partners / A Car OR A Piece Of Land: Which Would You Buy First, And Why? / Is Marriage An Achievement??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.