Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,428 members, 7,920,621 topics. Date: Wednesday, 14 August 2024 at 10:15 AM

Sanusi Wants Naira Redesign Revisited - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanusi Wants Naira Redesign Revisited (12397 Views)

Emir Sanusi Wants Nigeria Restructured / Buhari's Revanchist Tendencies And Ethnic Bigotry Revisited / Sanusi Wants To Commit Suiside? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sanusi Wants Naira Redesign Revisited by Donmichaelz(m): 10:08am On Jul 18, 2013
HNosegbe:

Both English and Arabic are foreign languages.
Arabic is nw a lingua franca spoken by all Nigerians?he should also add Hebrew,Greek,swahilli Idiot
Re: Sanusi Wants Naira Redesign Revisited by Decryptor(m): 10:08am On Jul 18, 2013
This man keeps waking up every morning more confused than he was? What about the proposed remodification of the N5, N10, N20 and N50 back to paper which he suggested recently? I'm tired of having people to beckon on me that my money is peeking out of my back pocket to the extent of almost falling out all the time. An what kind of redesigning does he want to effect that counterfeiters can't do? I just think this is a case of wanting to make an unnecessary change to the naira which to him will have his credit long after he has gone. Confused aboki

1 Like

Re: Sanusi Wants Naira Redesign Revisited by AGAMALI(m): 10:08am On Jul 18, 2013
SLS should go and sit down.How many times have they change d dollars or pounds.
Re: Sanusi Wants Naira Redesign Revisited by Donmichaelz(m): 10:09am On Jul 18, 2013
HNosegbe:

Arabic is nw a lingua franca spoken by all Nigerians?he should also add Hebrew,Greek,swahilli I*diot
Re: Sanusi Wants Naira Redesign Revisited by Nobody: 10:10am On Jul 18, 2013
Joavid:
English is our official language arabic is not

Tell that to Islamic schools up north whose students still study predominantly Arabic.
Re: Sanusi Wants Naira Redesign Revisited by autumnflower(f): 10:10am On Jul 18, 2013
Joavid:
check ur naira well,it is already represented same as igbo and yoruba
i know that, whats the point when it cant be read by a common hausa man?

And please dont tell me he should got to school to get educated, because he is already..
Re: Sanusi Wants Naira Redesign Revisited by Nobody: 10:11am On Jul 18, 2013
Donmichaelz: Arabic is nw a lingua franca spoken by all Nigerians?he should also add Hebrew,Greek,swahilli I*diot

Arabic is studied in many northern/Muslim schools.
Re: Sanusi Wants Naira Redesign Revisited by Nobody: 10:12am On Jul 18, 2013
I knw say any project na for money consumption but anyway your view is not bad shaa!
Re: Sanusi Wants Naira Redesign Revisited by sobaemma(m): 10:13am On Jul 18, 2013
nawa o,this hausa man,first was 5000 naira note,now redesign,he always comes up with i rubbish idea,redesign to wot end?will it add o.1 to our economy,or wot what is the use,just to freestyle currency when men never chop,the senate oppose the rubbish 5000 naira note idea that he wanted to use and pack nigeria money in ghana must go,with the reason he state above is no reason,does it mean he has nothing to offer except designs of naira note,hmmm,i think the chap want to be remember for one tin or the other when he leaves,but its not working 4 him though.
Re: Sanusi Wants Naira Redesign Revisited by Nobody: 10:16am On Jul 18, 2013
Africa should have a single currency which must be greater than the euro. Oh i remember Gaddafi
Re: Sanusi Wants Naira Redesign Revisited by Okijajuju1(m): 10:19am On Jul 18, 2013
yuzedo: Lol! SLS wants to award inflated contract and see kickback to spend on his married madams. NOOOOOO WAYYYYYYYY! cool

#Floreat! wink

Neigbour.. How na?! grin

Abeg tell your driver to go reverse your yatch commot for road make my Ship pass.. grin

I think the security part is a worthy cause... And the inflated contract part is a Nigerian thing. EVERY GOVERNMENT CONTRACT is inflated and somebody stands to benefit from it somehow..

1 Like

Re: Sanusi Wants Naira Redesign Revisited by mike404(m): 10:35am On Jul 18, 2013
HNosegbe:

WHAT IS YOUR OFFICIAL LANGUAGE AS A NIGERIAN
Re: Sanusi Wants Naira Redesign Revisited by ChainBlinger: 10:38am On Jul 18, 2013
LastApostle: please let them redesign and remove every islamic inscriptions found on the naira.
e dey pain you o, kaka o
Islam don pass ur level o, kaka o
Dem no go change am o, kaka o
Even jona no fit o, kaka o
We get mouthu wellu wellu o, kaka o
Eh, kaka o
Oya, kak o

(Chorus till fade)
Re: Sanusi Wants Naira Redesign Revisited by Tayeni(m): 10:39am On Jul 18, 2013
Segeggs: english language is enough
I agree .....d Arabic inscription isn't necessary.

1 Like

Re: Sanusi Wants Naira Redesign Revisited by Yazmin: 10:47am On Jul 18, 2013
PointB:

Hmmm, so how many times in the past 20 years has the Euro, Dollar, Pound Sterling been redesigned?

The USD has a policy of 5 year redesign/validity. Little wonder why banks in Nigeria do not accept any USD bill below the year 2006.
As for the periodic review of our naira notes,I think the bow tie wearing chap has a point there.....
Re: Sanusi Wants Naira Redesign Revisited by superior1: 10:50am On Jul 18, 2013
He needs money for his prostitutes. If counter-fitting is low, why troubling us with his yeye theory
Re: Sanusi Wants Naira Redesign Revisited by dagbokoncept(m): 10:52am On Jul 18, 2013
Na so Sanusi wan take chop hin own. No wahala,we sit don dey look. These so called leaders of our's are criminals.
Re: Sanusi Wants Naira Redesign Revisited by philip0906(m): 11:00am On Jul 18, 2013
Pedagogue: Mr. Sanusi is a confused man.

It seems he will derive personal gains from the re designing of the naira! If the gusto with which he pursued d 5,000 note plan is anything to go by, it appears there is more to this redesigning plan than we know.

After conceding that "counterfeiting was still low per one million notes in the country" , can one say this is immediately necessary ?

As a smart Alec that he is, he sharply added that " the best practice is that within a period of five to eight years, you redesign the currency, because after that period, counterfeiters tend to catch up.” -In order to scare/coerce the legislators so as to to endorse the plan.

But the underlying truth is,if put on a scale of preference...redesigning our notes (plus the polymer notes he spent billions on few years ago) is not an urgent need! If Okonjo IWEALA has been screaming out almost every day that the country is having shortage of funds, why spend billions on a project that is not completely urgent?

Methinks Sanusi should direct his energy on the cashless policy...If more Nigerians embrace POS technology,there wil be less need to use notes ...and this invariably makes counterfeiting less attractive! D problem with people in positions of authority is- they always pursue plans that will benefit them MORE than plans that will benefit the citizenry.
most sensible comment. . .+10000 likes
Re: Sanusi Wants Naira Redesign Revisited by mediainspired: 11:13am On Jul 18, 2013
This is especially to that stupid boy (or girl) called Chain blinger singing 'e dey pain u o kaka' and the rest of d ppl making murky & clumsy arguements in favor of d arabic inscription in d naira. TELL SANUSI AND WHOEVER CARES TO KNOW THAT, YES, THE ALL THE NAIRA NOTES WILL DEFINITELY BE REDESIGNED SOMETIME SOON IN THE FUTURE AND THE MAJOR FEATURE WILL BE THE REMOVAL OF ALL ARABIC, RELIGIOUS AND ETHNIC INSCRIPTIONS. ITS A PROMISE.
Re: Sanusi Wants Naira Redesign Revisited by BrutusOj(m): 11:17am On Jul 18, 2013
Tayeni: Arabic inscription.....not necessarily Islamic.
just wondering why arabic should appear on our currency

1 Like

Re: Sanusi Wants Naira Redesign Revisited by NaijaNaWaa: 11:22am On Jul 18, 2013
Soludo rolled back the Arab-ization of the Naira. The Sultan of CBN wants to reverse that and also make more billions for his harem of married women and funding of d almajiri squad.
Re: Sanusi Wants Naira Redesign Revisited by batstan(m): 11:23am On Jul 18, 2013
grin
Re: Sanusi Wants Naira Redesign Revisited by Afam4eva(m): 11:24am On Jul 18, 2013
HNosegbe:

But English is an official language in Nigeria and Arabic is not.

1 Like

Re: Sanusi Wants Naira Redesign Revisited by Burger01(m): 11:30am On Jul 18, 2013
We can still beat counterfeit with proper machinery in place without redesigning the Naira. How many times could this very Sanusi say Britain redesigned her currency.. Just looking for ways to leave unwanted footprint and yet steal loads of money in the process. Please leave the naira alone and lets have a breather.

angry
Re: Sanusi Wants Naira Redesign Revisited by joshuaidibia(m): 11:52am On Jul 18, 2013
I thought madam Iwela said FG is running out of cash? So where them wan get money from,to redesign the upcoming naira note?
Re: Sanusi Wants Naira Redesign Revisited by lincolnj88: 11:54am On Jul 18, 2013
All dis malam‘s nor dey eva get beta idea at all...which kind plan come b dis...abeg tell am say make e park well
Re: Sanusi Wants Naira Redesign Revisited by Billionaires: 11:56am On Jul 18, 2013
I am in support of redesigning and introduction of 5000 notes but against conversion to coins.
Re: Sanusi Wants Naira Redesign Revisited by Kingspin(m): 11:57am On Jul 18, 2013
I thought this man tenure suppose to be winding down..He should be winding down too..we need brains on how to strengthen our Naira and not foreign currency..
Re: Sanusi Wants Naira Redesign Revisited by ddeola: 12:02pm On Jul 18, 2013
Na em no
Re: Sanusi Wants Naira Redesign Revisited by Karlzee(m): 12:03pm On Jul 18, 2013
U ppl reaally hav problem...nd always lukin for trouble, otherwise is it only Islam uses Arabic writtin dat u'r all fumbling about
Re: Sanusi Wants Naira Redesign Revisited by HezronLorraine(m): 12:06pm On Jul 18, 2013
HNosegbe:

sharap dre.what is Nigeria's Official Language.who was Nigeria's colonial master,I forgot it was Saudi Arabia abi.
What is Arabic a non-officially recognised language being printed in the country's naira notes.
Re: Sanusi Wants Naira Redesign Revisited by snowytee(m): 12:07pm On Jul 18, 2013
autumn.flower:

then how do they represent hausa?
This is how you'll attract insults to urself and ur tribe.When someone comes on here to label u guys as "desperate to rule"don't shout o.So of the thousand and one tribes in Nigeria,only hausa should be represented on the naira.Anuofia,Oloshi

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Minister Directs IGP, NSCDC Boss To Relocate To North East / NGF To Governors: Recession May Come In 2020, Prepare For Tough Time / Femi Fani-Kayode Describes The Ministerial Screening As 'A Pitiful Joke'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.