Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,891 members, 7,889,939 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 04:15 AM

Christ Embassy Teenagers Helped Me Become A Christian, I Used To Be An Atheist - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christ Embassy Teenagers Helped Me Become A Christian, I Used To Be An Atheist (1829 Views)

Hugh Jackman: I'm A Christian, I Dedicate Every Performance To God / The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult / I Am A Christian, I Love Muslims & I Condemn Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christ Embassy Teenagers Helped Me Become A Christian, I Used To Be An Atheist by Zatwo: 12:47pm On Jul 18, 2013
I am a teenager, 18 yrs precisely and I was an Atheist, , my father made sure my whole family are atheists .
This year Christ Embassy teenagers started disturbing me to attend their cell fellowship, I don’t give attention to Christians because my Dad already made me believe Christians are fools, but I gave attention to them only because I liked a pretty girl that was one of them. I attended the Cell fellowship only once during March, but since they’ve not been seeing me, they always call me. They don’t visit my home because of my parents.
I attended the Cell Fellowship last Friday, 12 July. I didn’t listen to anything they said because I believed it was trash, I was just feeding my eyes on the girl and the way they were speaking in tongues amused me . After the fellowship, the girl “Evelyn” by name sent some messages and songs to my phone which I received no because I wanted to listen but because of her. On Friday night, I laid on my bed and was listening to songs on my phone, It was on shuffle, so after I just finished listening to Chairman by MI, a song “Holy is your name” by Frank Edwards played. I wanted to next it , but for some reasons I couldn’t , I just listened to it.
While it was playing , some words of the leader at the Cell Fellowship kept ringing in my mind “Christ really lives, he’s not a religion and he wants to have a personal relationship with him”. I wondered how I remembered
I felt a sudden fear for a short while and then warmth. I knew I wasn’t alone in the room, words from the leader came to my remembrance again “When Christ takes a whole of you, you won’t be shaking in your Christian faith” .
I didn’t know what to do, I called the girl and she prayed for me. I surrendered my Life to Christ. I know he lives and I am telling everyone that he is real. Thank God my Father traveled on Saturday, I attended the Church Service and shared my testimony to the Cell leaders and the girl, they were happy and they told me to keep coming to services.
Here’s the problem: My Dad would be back this week, and HE WILL NEVER allow me to attend any church service while he is around, I don’t know what to do but I’m looking forward to the cell fellowship this Friday.
Thank God for me, GOD IS REAL
Re: Christ Embassy Teenagers Helped Me Become A Christian, I Used To Be An Atheist by UyiIredia(m): 1:31pm On Jul 18, 2013
It's like you weren't an intellectual atheist but an indoctrinated atheist. IOW your Dad didn't allow you to experience the vast spectrum of religions from now and in times past. In any case, do consider your new-found faith carefully so you are sure whatever sacrifice you intend to make cuz of it is worth it. All the best.
Re: Christ Embassy Teenagers Helped Me Become A Christian, I Used To Be An Atheist by Kay17: 1:47pm On Jul 18, 2013
^^
Congrats!
Re: Christ Embassy Teenagers Helped Me Become A Christian, I Used To Be An Atheist by being(m): 2:19pm On Jul 18, 2013
Congrats zatwo on findin d pathway to Life. U can b sure God who is d creator of universe 'll see u through! Just hold on to ur faith. U can get books on ur faith lik kenneth hagin books, c.embassy tapes etc. Whenever u can go to church, go! & if u can't u can pray & read d bible.
Re: Christ Embassy Teenagers Helped Me Become A Christian, I Used To Be An Atheist by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jul 18, 2013
Zatwo: After the fellowship, the girl “Evelyn” by name sent some messages and songs to my phone which I received no because I wanted to listen but because of her. On Friday night, I laid on my bed and was listening to songs on my phone, It was on shuffle, so after I just finished listening to Chairman by MI, a song “Holy is your name” by Frank Edwards played. I wanted to next it , but for some reasons I couldn’t , I just listened to it.

Hi Zat,

I am quite curious why you felt like skipping the song by Frank Edwards. Was it that you did not like gospel songs before now or that you have a bias against them because of your dad?

Did "Evelyn" introduce you to gospel songs and was that the first time you listened to a song by Frank Edwards?
Re: Christ Embassy Teenagers Helped Me Become A Christian, I Used To Be An Atheist by Zatwo: 4:13pm On Jul 18, 2013
@striktlymi i had a mindset dat gospel songs are boring,i rarely gospel songs play anywhere.So i felt d song wuld also be borin + i was only interested in listenin 2 rap dt nyt...I tink frank edward's sang SUPASTAR,dts 1 of his songs ive heard b4
Re: Christ Embassy Teenagers Helped Me Become A Christian, I Used To Be An Atheist by Zatwo: 4:18pm On Jul 18, 2013
thanks evry1, @being thanks, i was given sum books there
Re: Christ Embassy Teenagers Helped Me Become A Christian, I Used To Be An Atheist by Kay17: 4:28pm On Jul 18, 2013
@zat

Now you are a christian, who is Christ?
Re: Christ Embassy Teenagers Helped Me Become A Christian, I Used To Be An Atheist by lecrae(m): 4:30pm On Jul 18, 2013
Congratulations! U should always study God's word and pray.
Re: Christ Embassy Teenagers Helped Me Become A Christian, I Used To Be An Atheist by FearGodAndLive: 4:33pm On Jul 18, 2013
Thank God for you. The Bible says that in the last days he will pour out his Spirit on all men. You're a babe in Christ and you must begin to seek solid food which is the Word of God. Study and meditate upon it, do not chase after shadows(doctrines and teachings that only yield confusion) but chase that which is real. May God, through his Holy Spirit lead and guide you right. amen bro. It is well with you
Re: Christ Embassy Teenagers Helped Me Become A Christian, I Used To Be An Atheist by Zatwo: 4:36pm On Jul 18, 2013
Kay 17: @zat

Now you are a christian, who is Christ?
he is God's son
Re: Christ Embassy Teenagers Helped Me Become A Christian, I Used To Be An Atheist by Zatwo: 4:38pm On Jul 18, 2013
FearGodAndLive: Thank God for you. The Bible says that in the last days he will pour out his Spirit on all men. You're a babe in Christ and you must begin to seek solid food which is the Word of God. Study and meditate upon it, do not chase after shadows(doctrines and teachings that only yield confusion) but chase that which is real. May God, through his Holy Spirit lead and guide you right. amen bro. It is well with you
Re: Christ Embassy Teenagers Helped Me Become A Christian, I Used To Be An Atheist by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jul 18, 2013
Zatwo: @striktlymi i had a mindset dat gospel songs are boring,i rarely gospel songs play anywhere.So i felt d song wuld also be borin + i was only interested in listenin 2 rap dt nyt...I tink frank edward's sang SUPASTAR,dts 1 of his songs ive heard b4

Ok cool!

Sorry for being kinda inquisitive but from your previous posts which dates back to January 2012, it seems to me that you were properly acquainted with Frank Edward...to the extent that you called him "Frank Eddy" and were expecting more from him in 2012. You also were aware of his 'latest' single then "End of the world"...

When you said: "I think Frank Edward's sang SUPERSTAR" it gives the impression that you were not really acquainted with his songs but from your previous posts we know that is not exactly correct.

Again, please pardon me for being inquisitive but really how do you reconcile the above facts with some of the information you have 'fed' us already?

1 Like

Re: Christ Embassy Teenagers Helped Me Become A Christian, I Used To Be An Atheist by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jul 18, 2013
^^^
Hehehehe. I think say na only me go through the guy profile. Oga stryk, u be better detective.

1 Like

Re: Christ Embassy Teenagers Helped Me Become A Christian, I Used To Be An Atheist by Nobody: 4:58pm On Jul 18, 2013
musKeeto: ^^^
Hehehehe. I think say na only me go through the guy profile. Oga stryk, u be better detective.

Lol!!!
Re: Christ Embassy Teenagers Helped Me Become A Christian, I Used To Be An Atheist by Kay17: 5:00pm On Jul 18, 2013
Zatwo: he is God's son

Is that all?!
Re: Christ Embassy Teenagers Helped Me Become A Christian, I Used To Be An Atheist by MrTroll(m): 5:04pm On Jul 18, 2013
Dohohohohohohoho.
Cheap propaganda.
grin grin grin
Re: Christ Embassy Teenagers Helped Me Become A Christian, I Used To Be An Atheist by Zatwo: 5:14pm On Jul 18, 2013
@strict Im in a dance group,we av used xtian songs b4.We've participated in a church youth competition n we sent a video 4his bolingo competition,so i know im n sum oda(hiphop) 2,bt apart 4rm dance,ntin more.im nt sure because of rap in d song.
Re: Christ Embassy Teenagers Helped Me Become A Christian, I Used To Be An Atheist by Zatwo: 5:15pm On Jul 18, 2013
Kay 17:

Is that all?!
lyk wat?
Re: Christ Embassy Teenagers Helped Me Become A Christian, I Used To Be An Atheist by Zatwo: 5:19pm On Jul 18, 2013
Kay 17:

Is that all?!
[quote author=Kay 17]
Detective as in?
Re: Christ Embassy Teenagers Helped Me Become A Christian, I Used To Be An Atheist by Nobody: 5:38pm On Jul 18, 2013
Zatwo: @strict Im in a dance group,we av used xtian songs b4.We've participated in a church youth competition n we sent a video 4his bolingo competition,so i know im n sum oda(hiphop) 2,bt apart 4rm dance,ntin more.im nt sure because of rap in d song.

Okay, cool!

But the post above only brought out more questions instead of answers...

Don't mind me. Let's pretend I was never here.
Re: Christ Embassy Teenagers Helped Me Become A Christian, I Used To Be An Atheist by Zatwo: 5:50pm On Jul 18, 2013
@strikt bye,im loggin out already,i rarely visit here... it wasnt my first tym of attendin a church service b4 (not on a sunday sha) witout my parent's consent
Re: Christ Embassy Teenagers Helped Me Become A Christian, I Used To Be An Atheist by UyiIredia(m): 6:26pm On Jul 18, 2013

Since you talk of a profile I think it's apropos to say this: I hope you live up to the statement that's your signature. logicboy has asw far as I know.
Re: Christ Embassy Teenagers Helped Me Become A Christian, I Used To Be An Atheist by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jul 18, 2013
Zatwo: @strikt bye,im loggin out already,i rarely visit here... it wasnt my first tym of attendin a church service b4 (not on a sunday sha) witout my parent's consent

Bye man!!!
Re: Christ Embassy Teenagers Helped Me Become A Christian, I Used To Be An Atheist by MrTroll(m): 7:15pm On Jul 18, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

Since you talk of a profile I think it's apropos to say this: I hope you live up to the statement that's your signature. logicboy has asw far as I know.
you've been spoiling for a fight for a while now.

I'm watching you...
Re: Christ Embassy Teenagers Helped Me Become A Christian, I Used To Be An Atheist by frank317: 8:01pm On Jul 18, 2013
So did u finally get Evlyin? Have u suceeded in ur plans?
Re: Christ Embassy Teenagers Helped Me Become A Christian, I Used To Be An Atheist by Oyinprince(m): 8:49pm On Jul 18, 2013
Congrats, now focus on God and his word and take ur eyes off Evelyn
Re: Christ Embassy Teenagers Helped Me Become A Christian, I Used To Be An Atheist by UyiIredia(m): 8:56pm On Jul 18, 2013
Mr Troll: you've been spoiling for a fight for a while now.

I'm watching you...

Bros, how I take vex you ?
Re: Christ Embassy Teenagers Helped Me Become A Christian, I Used To Be An Atheist by Nobody: 9:33pm On Jul 18, 2013
So the guy came to do advert for Christ Embassy and then ran away?
OP sorry if I dont believe u. There's just been too much Christian propaganda and deceit on this forum.
Re: Christ Embassy Teenagers Helped Me Become A Christian, I Used To Be An Atheist by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:53pm On Jul 18, 2013
I suggest you start listening to song like

joan osborne - what if god was one of us
XTC - Dear God
John Lennon - Imagine

fela collection is good too
Re: Christ Embassy Teenagers Helped Me Become A Christian, I Used To Be An Atheist by MrTroll(m): 10:36pm On Jul 18, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

Bros, how I take vex you ?
hehehe wink nah! You no vex me. I'm just making the rounds...
Mr Troll: Dohohohohohohoho.
Cheap propaganda.
grin grin grin
...and if I may, shameless attention seeking too.

Re: Christ Embassy Teenagers Helped Me Become A Christian, I Used To Be An Atheist by Joagbaje(m): 6:27am On Jul 19, 2013
@zatwo

Congratulations on your new found faith. I have many things to share with you. You can reach me through my mail . I will give you a call.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Is The Cause Of This Rampant Fornication Among Christains? / What Actually Is The Meaning Of Science That Religious believers are Against / Pope Francis Declares Evolution And Big Bang Theory Are Real

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.