Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,486 members, 7,964,938 topics. Date: Thursday, 03 October 2024 at 03:10 AM

Who Will God Answer, The Lion Or The Sheep - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Will God Answer, The Lion Or The Sheep (1774 Views)

What Will God Gain By Throwing Sinners In Hell Fire? / Feed The Sheep, Not Milk The Sheep / Who Will God Punish For Abortion? The Doctors, The Government Or The Women? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Will God Answer, The Lion Or The Sheep by AlfaSeltzer(m): 12:41pm On Jul 22, 2013
striktlymi:

I am not sure what you mean by the bold but if it is in line with the OP then it is not so because no sheep will ask God not to be eaten by a lion.

You said the bolded, remember? Stop dodging. Does your god intervene or not? I didn't know this question is that complicated even for a christian.
Re: Who Will God Answer, The Lion Or The Sheep by Nobody: 1:04pm On Jul 22, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

You said the bolded, remember? Stop dodging. Does your god intervene or not? I didn't know this question is that complicated even for a christian.

Why not embarrass me with a quote of where I said the bold:

Alfa Seltzer:

Good. So your god does not as far as you are aware, intervene in the lives of animals?

What I did say is: "Sheep and lions are 'animals' and will be left alone..." which is a direct response to this:

Alfa Seltzer:

Would god intervene in favour of the sheep or the lion. Or, because there is a natural order of things as you affirmed, do nothing?

So again:

striktlymi:

I am not sure what you mean by the bold but if it is in line with the OP then it is not so because no sheep will ask God not to be eaten by a lion.
Re: Who Will God Answer, The Lion Or The Sheep by tpia5: 2:40pm On Jul 22, 2013
tpia@:
Why would the lion ask God for food when God has already given it what it needs to get food by itself? Namely instinct, claws, teeth, etc.

And if the sheep remains with the shepherd, it would not fall into the path of a lion.

David killed both a bear and a lion which attacked his sheep.

does anyone want to challenge this post?
Re: Who Will God Answer, The Lion Or The Sheep by AlfaSeltzer(m): 8:45pm On Jul 22, 2013
striktlymi:

Why not embarrass me with a quote of where I said the bold:

Here

striktlymi:

Not sure if I mentioned the bold but to answer the rest of your question: I do not know the circumstances that would necessitate God's intervening in the lives of animals.

Re: Who Will God Answer, The Lion Or The Sheep by Nobody: 4:55am On Jul 23, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

Here

So in your books, not knowing the circumstances that would necessitate God's intervention is the same as not being aware that God intervenes?

That would imply that you also consider these comments as the same:

"I don't know the circumstances that necessitates your anger"

And

"I don't know if you get angry"

I hear ya!
Re: Who Will God Answer, The Lion Or The Sheep by AlfaSeltzer(m): 8:38am On Jul 23, 2013
striktlymi:

So in your books, not knowing the circumstances that would necessitate God's intervention is the same as not being aware that God intervenes?

That would imply that you also consider these comments as the same:

"I don't know the circumstances that necessitates your anger"

And

"I don't know if you get angry"

I hear ya!

Hehe. Cornered fox lopsided argument.
Does your god intervene in the lives of animals? yes or no.

Student: Does water freeze at zero degrees centigrade?
Teacher: I don't know of any circumstances that would necessitate trying to freeze water at zero degrees centigrade.
[size=18pt]WTF?[/size]
Re: Who Will God Answer, The Lion Or The Sheep by Nobody: 8:43am On Jul 23, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

Hehe. Cornered fox lopsided argument.
Does your god intervene in the lives of animals? yes or no.

Student: Does water freeze at zero degrees centigrade?
Teacher: I don't know of any circumstances that would necessitate trying to freeze water at zero degrees centigrade.
[size=18pt]WTF?[/size]

Never mind!
Re: Who Will God Answer, The Lion Or The Sheep by manmustwac(m): 1:05pm On Jul 23, 2013
The sheep flock to church & pray to God to answer their prayers. The Lion who preaches the sermon demands minimum of 10% of the salary from the sheep who live very sheep lives. In return he just gives them promises. From the tithes (which I prefer to call meat) he keeps the lions share. If at all he dose decide to give anything back to his sheep then he's only feeding them with his scraps.

In the real world God dose not answer prayers. Its all just luck chance or coincidence if your prayers are answered. Also in the real world just like in thhe jungle it is survival of the fittest. We can call the lions the leaders & the poor masses the sheep. Lions don't need to pray unlike sheep they just fight steal or do whatever it takes to get what they want.
Re: Who Will God Answer, The Lion Or The Sheep by AlfaSeltzer(m): 2:22pm On Jul 23, 2013
ok manmustwac, you've done this too many times for it to be a typo.

It's "does". Not "dose".

You're welcome.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Was The Centurion Man In The Bible A Gay / Gofamint Convention (astonishing Christ) / Can The Creator Of The World Have Son? Let The Bible And Quran Speak

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.