Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,536 members, 7,888,718 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 01:37 PM

Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled - Education (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled (34360 Views)

Poll: University students expelled for not carrying along their bibles to assembly! This:

Outrageous: 80% (226 votes)
Justified: 19% (54 votes)
This poll has ended

Jane Ihuoma-Ottah Expelled From RUST Over Of Hearing & Speech Problem / Lesbianism Scandal Rocks Kogi University / 3 Covenant University Students Expelled Over Live Sex, Unclad Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by dellyzee: 1:45pm On Jul 10, 2008
Hey, just read the trend, sounds like a joke just can't stop laughing
covenant is not a University
It is just a glorified secondary school.
better still, it should be call

COVENANT HIGHER INSTITUTION FOR KIDS
[i][/i]

Just d right statement. what kind of ASSEMBLY do they have there? to head count or what? is assembly not for those in primary and secondary schools? the ones that succeded in graduating,wat are their lives like? i'm not judging anyone,but then you need to see the graduates of c.uni in abj,they are d highest call girls, sorry to say that. but if they're really impacting discipline on them, the ones i've come in contact with won't be they way they are.

pls this is not worth wasting time on,that's how maddona uni started then with thier madness, what do u ve today in the east? the product of maddona uni her d worst bhaved esp d girls. they said they don't ve cultist there, but they harbour the worst cultist there.

yes! it might b d rules or laws in d school,but laws are made for man not man for laws,no one is above mistake,so that is not a good reason to expel one who is abt to graduate,wat future do u hope for such person? somebody said is 4 d rich! my dear no man that saw his chil or children tru any uni in naija is poor! we all knw wat it is 2 pass tru a uni if d so called "rich" pple claim 2b rich, they shld send there kids abraod aftaall pple are there skoolin yet noone hears their noise. 20 pple wit "1st class" if it's not madness is wat? do they know wat it is to attain 1st class? it's not by mere scores which only God knows how they acquire,but d ability 2 answer "ANYTHING" in your field witout bating an eye even while sleepin. Infat y are my wasting my time on c.uni madness! if d skool authority claims they are right and justified in watd dey did,y are dey SCARED of d press?
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by Cockpitboy(m): 10:05am On Jul 11, 2008
What the heck! Is this supposed to be a seminary or what? Why dont the freakin lousy school provide bibles in its prayer house? are they that poor? This sort o' smucky fanatism freakin stinks.
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by Aziza(f): 10:16am On Jul 11, 2008
Come to think of it, what is a "morning assemby" doing in an institute of higher learning. Whether it's Covenant, Igbinedion, Madonna, or UNILAG. This is ridiculous. So, a non-Christian cannot attend the school? This sounds weird. Are we sure it is true?

The school of thought that says that "is it by force to attend Covenant?" Should step back, get out the situation and look at it from the outside. How big an infraction is not taking your bible to the morning assembly? Who does it hurt anyone? Who does it harm the institution? How does it deter the institution from it's values?  

This notion that disagreeing with someone makes you an enemy is very childish. Mature people know that you disagree all the time with your beloved family and friends. It means you take a position on an issue that differs from them. Accepting differing opinions and seperating the issue from the person is the hallmark of a civilised culture. An attack on a policy of Covenant University should not interpreted as an attack on Winner's Chapel or Bishop Oyedepo.

I really hope this did not happen as reported. If the report is true, the decision of the school is highly actionable and if the parents decide to seek redress it is just fine. There are many schools to go to. It's not the end of the world. No institution can institute rules that override the constitution of the nation. Does this rule abide by the constitution of Nigeria? Or the Human Rights Charter of which Nigeria is a signatory? FREEDOM OF BELIEF AND RELIGION, stupid! Is this not the same school that demanded HIV tests and pregnancy tests from their students before graduation? What happened to that issue? I recall NUC stepping in and the school backpeddaled. No institution is above the law of the land.
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by victorayo: 7:31pm On Jul 11, 2008
Hmmmmm, Hmmmmm.

Thanks be to God who never sleeps nor slumber.
If men were God, we for don all die finish for this country.
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by follypimpi(m): 2:50am On Jul 12, 2008
this uni is pure extortion,there's segregation,we black race will forever be behinde,no freedom of religion,you cant even realise what you good at,the uni will fall i know for sure.all the students are all pussies,and it can never ever ever ever raise a leader.
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by victorayo: 2:32pm On Jul 12, 2008
Aziza,

Correct! that's what I am saying. That there is no single person that is greater than a whole nation. No matter the qualification or whatever the person may be called. The constitution should be applicable to all. I strongly agree with you. Sentiment should be put aside.
Money! Money!! Money!!! the wahala wey in go cause e dey big O.

You see, the problem is that some people have come to a situation where they begin to think and act as if they are the owners of Nigeria. Infact, they want to act as if they are GOD. Whereas they forgot that there is no Deputy God anywhere. Thanks be to God for bringing back the RULE OF LAW in this country.

When the Romans came calling, demanding tax from Jesus, one of His disciples-Peter was about reacting against that, but Jesus in His usual calmness told Peter to cool it. He said to Peter go now yonder to the river, the first fish you will catch, open the mouth and bring me the coin that you see there so that we pay the tax with it. Peter asked Him further, why? and Jesus said "give unto Ceasar what is ceasar's an unto God what is God's". Jesus had every power to have arrested the Ceasar himself and destroy all the that belonged to Ceasar's kingdom. But He tempered justice with mercy. He obeyed! Carsoc is not meant for brutal policy making. It is meant to endear people to God's kingdom. The only policy that will last is that with love and human considerations.

Infact this days, some people will tell you everthing is a privilege. I then said, human being don't only have privileges, we all have rights. It is animals that only have privileges. It is animals that do not have rights. But as far as the UN is concerned, human beings have rights. And that right must not be jeopardize under any guise-whether religion or secularism.

This is the missing link in our politicaleconomy in this country. Jesus knew it and practiced it. He didn't preach secularism as to not obeying the law of the land. He didn't allow His belief to take away his human feelings and fairness.

People should no that they should not toy with the destiny of the youths. People should know that they can build while destroying lives.

God is a God of everybody. He is never partial neither is He wicked in all His approaches.
Even when He wants to reprimand, He will forewarn before doing that.

It is time that our Human Right Activists wake up!
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by 9ja4eva: 1:13am On Jul 14, 2008
The University got unthinkable rules.I am not suprised.

NUC needs to put a check on CU.It is becoming a pain
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by sojioguns(m): 2:29pm On Jul 14, 2008
All I can say is, "I blame the people for going to the school in the first place. I have heard other stories about this same school" What is this world turning into when mancan easily get power drink and assume the position of a god. Abeg make somebody carry them to court. Was it clearly stated in the rules and regulation given to students that they could be dismissed by not carrying their bibles
Na wa oh. We are really in the end times.
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by Nobody: 2:47pm On Jul 14, 2008
grin grin U mean Covenant Nursery and Primary School angry angry
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by Seun(m): 1:19am On Jul 16, 2008
Jeans trousers have also been banned in the school by the way. You can't even where jeans in the hostel.
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by DrKitaun(m): 1:23am On Jul 16, 2008
Seun:

Jeans trousers have also been banned in the school by the way.  You can't even where jeans in the hostel.

hmnnnn . . . .bros eeeeee wink grin
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by sojioguns(m): 9:59am On Jul 16, 2008
I cant help but say it menn, "Bleep it!!!!!!!" Hypocrisy. My kids aint going to that school as long as I am alive.
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by Orestik(f): 6:59pm On Jul 19, 2008
You guys should just leave CU alone. The school is not as bad as you people say. Infact their intention is to bring up their students in a unique way. They want their students to be spiritually outstanding thats why is called a xtian university. It can't be compared to other private uni.
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by IKEMEH(f): 9:26pm On Jul 20, 2008
MY SIS WORKS WITH AFRI BANK AND IN CUSTOMER CARE UNIT, RECENTLY SHE CAME BACK FROM WORK TO GIST US WHAT A CON UNI DID TODAY AT THE OFFICE AND WE WERE JUST ASHAMED OF THE UNVERSITY AND THIER SO CALLED DISCIPINE.A CON UNI STD CAME TO DO INTERNSHIP IN THEIR BANK, OF CUS THE INTVW ERA HAD GONE ONLY FOR THE LITTLE "KID" TO RESUME ON A MONDAY MORNING WITH AN IPOD SERIOUSLY GLUED TO HIS EAR ON HIS SUITS, MY SIS SAID NOT ONLY DID HE PUT ON THE IPOD IN HIS EAR, BUT HE WAS HOLDING IT IN HIS HAND YOU KNOW CONCURING WITH THE SOUND OF THE MUSIC WHEN HE ENTERED THE HEAD OFFICE OF THE BANK AT MARINA WHERE HE IS SUPPOSE TO RESUME AND WHERE MY SIS WORKS AS EELL.
INFACT SHE SAID SHE WANTED TO HIDE HER FACE IN SHAME, AS IN A WHOLE CON UNI STD. MY SIS MADAM HAD TO REPRIMAND THE STUPID BOY, MY SIS SAID INFRONT F HER, HER MADAM,HE NEVER SHOWD REMORSE AT ALL NOT EVEN A WORD OF IM SORRY, BUT STUPIDLY PULL THE IPOD OFF HIS EAR AND STUPIDLY WORKED AWAY TO HIS UNIT. HER MADAM JUST SIGHED. AS IN HOW IWISH THIS BOY IS MY CHILD,I WOUL HAVE HNDLED HIM LKE ONE BU YOU SHE CANT DO MORE THAN THAT AFTERAL THE STUPID IS NOTHING BUT A COLEAGUE AS SHE RETORTED BACK TO MY SIS.
NOW IS THIS THE KIN OF BREED THAT THE SCHOOL PRODUCE? IF SO THEN ID RATHER SEND MY CHILD TO A SERIOUS MINDE CONVENTIONAL SCHOOL SO THAT HE CAN BE ABLE TO DIFF BETWEEN BAD AND GOOD BECAUSE IS ACTUALLY WASTE OF RESOURCES TO AVE PAID SUCH A STD SCHOL FEES,
THE STUPID BOY IS A DISGRACE TO HIS PARENTS AND TO THE SCHOOL AS A WHOLE
LETS JUST BE REAL, YOU CAN NEVER TAME SOME BREED OF CHILDREN NO MATA HOW STRICT YOU CAN BE
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by seun001(m): 8:01am On Jul 21, 2008
@Ikemeh,
y u shouting?u still dey vex undecided shocked
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by optix(m): 12:55am On Jul 22, 2008
na wa oh, its not as bad as u guys put it, dose peeps were not expelled, dis is authoritative,
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by olachy: 1:43pm On Jul 22, 2008
you must be joking, whatthis is ludicrous, im a born again xtian but even then, how can u expel someone for, this is jus embarrasn, im highly dissapointed,
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by NobleOnye(f): 4:02pm On Jul 22, 2008
Am definitely not advocating for covenant university.Expelling students who pay large sums of money for trivial things done is really unnecessary!.Maybe the school authority who are possibly parents themselves should picture themselves in the position of the dismissed students parents,having to see your child at home with a filthy expulsion letter citing 'not bringing his bible to chapel' as a reason.Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaase! I have never been a fan of the university.If the authorities of covenant university really want to justify themselves,they should probably submit the fees paid by the students in full.After all it is a private missionary institution,education there should probably be with minimal fees,giving the authorities the full right to dismiss at the slightest provocation.Covenant university should be called to order!
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by omowhyou(m): 10:23am On Jul 24, 2008
that school own too much self. them don talk am say if men were God, watin for happen? I just can not believe this can happen in this modern world, every body has is rights. That school autority is taking things too far. Na wa o
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by jaybaby(f): 4:05pm On Jul 24, 2008
Wow, You guys shld plz take it ezzy on PAPA.

And deposky waz with U?
Waz wit d banning thing?
Na u get N/L?
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by Uniquewun(f): 7:09pm On Jul 24, 2008
Dat one na their problem, who send dem go there ?
But still, their rules too str ict Oooo
shocked
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by Nobody: 9:03pm On Jul 24, 2008
na wa ooooooo,just because of BIBLE,very soon dey go soon expell person just because he no close eye during prayers.
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by olukunle: 1:14pm On Jul 25, 2008
The issue here is simply because the average naija youth is rebellious. Covenant university is setting a very good standard.
Rules are meant to be obeyed. Everybody knows it is a school run by a serious Christian organisation, so if you send your child there, you have agreed to ALL the rules there. so, the choice is yours. Am sure the school wont punish people had there been that there was no rule as regards the issue at hand.

Like others hae said, no one was forced to go there, at least we have other private unis where u can go about naked if you want.
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by adamsy07: 12:19pm On Jul 27, 2008
NAIRALAND GUYS AT IT AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!1
AVE U EVER TAUGHT OF HOW MUCH THEY PAY IN THAT SCHOOL,CAN AN ORDINARY NIGERIAN AFFORD THE SCHOOL?
IF NO WHY THEN PITY THE STUDENT INVOLVED,MOST STUDENTS THERE ARE THE ONES THAT THEIR FATHERS ARE LOOTING OUR MONEY AND SEND THEIR CHILDREN THERE TO AVOID STRIKE OPTIONS WHEN THEY REFUSE TO PAY LECTURERS IN PUBLIC UNIS.
I LAUGH OVER ISSUES LIKE THIS COS I REALLY DON'T KNOW WHEN NIGERIA WOULD GET IT STRAIGHT FOR DOES OF US IN DIASPORA TO COME BACK HOME.
ANY THIS IS NEMESIS CATCHING UP WITH THEM.
MIND YOU IF YOU AVE TO ATTEND A CHRISTIAN UNIVERSITY U SHOULD BE READY TO COMPLY WITH THIER CHRISTIAN RULES
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by donofdons: 12:19pm On Jul 27, 2008
PLEASE TELL ME.WHAT HAPPENNS IF THE STUDENTS WERE NOT CHRISTIANS.MUST THEY TAKE THEIR BIBLES TO CLASS.THIS IS THE MOST IGNORANT THING I HAVE HEARD.I DONT BELIVE IT CAN STILL HAPPEN IN OUR AGE,INFACT IT IS A MIDDLEAGE BEHAVIOUR WHICH IS INCOMPATIBLE WITH THIS AGE OF REASONING.IF I AM THE PRESIDENT, I WILL STOP THE OWNERSHIP OF INSTITUTIONS BY RELIGIOUS AUTHORITIES WHERE THEY PLACE RELIGIOUS JARGONS BEFORE REASONING.

I CAN SAY IT IS MARE FANACTISM.
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by sibrahim1(m): 6:50pm On Jul 27, 2008
So i heared from people.But i am still having my doubts that the School will not dismiss Students simply because they dont have a bible.All i can say is that they must have done something greater than not having a bible.

And if that should be true ,that it was because of the bible,then this is no longer christianity,even Jesus did not reject those that didn beleive in him.Instead,took them closer and told them the truth and a good way to life.

PLEASE SHARE YOU VIEWS
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by oladypopsy(f): 1:48pm On Jul 28, 2008
Ha!
hope say my cousin no dey among sha
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by dlox01(m): 2:49pm On Jul 28, 2008
itz MADNESS!!!im not talking about just Convenant Uni but other universities with such Lust for eradicating its students and not refunding thier money.If they really meant what they say,give the students back their money if they dare.That is not even the point,did dat school ever put it in writing about the bibiles??nope!!it was a verbal thing and they slamed it on the students.This trend happens in other private universities too.In a Private uni in the east,student were not allowed to use camera phones or cameras, do u all know why??because the authority was scared thier abnomal ways of handling the students would leak to the general public,back then the school had a prison and the authority beat up the students,matters there were so bad a student was beaten to death and they claimed he was a cultist and was beaten where he went to blend him(which was a huge lie coz i watched the whole thing happen at about 2.30am under the rain)the boy later dies(2days later)the parents dont know the truth till today,this is a secret i had to bear with all my life sad. Now for al of you that support the unecessary rules and bloody lies these schools pull out,if u were a parent and u child was expelled for not bringing a bible how whould u take it??maaaaan shit utmost shit! i wonder what punishment the owner of the school,oyedepo right??puts on himself when ever he offeneds God?does he take it upon himself to stop Preaching or Xpell himself from Godly activities?or what??what does he do?There are alot of things happening inside the walls of these universites that if u know u would be shocked, i could give a dozen,even more!!!
oh yea, before i 4get,private uni chicks club tha hardest n also fall 4 the cheapest pick up lines(trust me i know)!!!they are like Dogs just let off thier leach,straight up freedom from school maaaan grin
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by 9ja4eva: 8:46pm On Jul 28, 2008
s.ibrahim:

So i heared from people.But i am still having my doubts that the School will not dismiss Students simply because they don't have a bible.All i can say is that they must have done something greater than not having a bible.

And if that should be true ,that it was because of the bible,then this is no longer christianity,even Jesus did not reject those that didn beleive in him.Instead,took them closer and told them the truth and a good way to life.

PLEASE SHARE YOU VIEWS

Oh Yes it is true.
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by cyriluzo(m): 9:38am On Jul 29, 2008
I really want to believe there is somthing we've not been told yet. I jus do not think that a school will expell students because they didnt have Bible.

If that's the reason for expulsion then I think somthing is really wrong somewhere. How about God expelling us from his Kingdom because of our willful disobedience. I dont just cant comprehend this, am not sure its true
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by Rouge(f): 3:46pm On Jul 29, 2008
[color=#990000] i wish i could shout this and everyone would hear. Where have you ever heard dat 120 students were expelled in one day. the school is just crap crap crap. dis holier than thou bullshit is disgusting and annoying. its a pity dat a lot of these people end up going 2 private schuls cos of jamb. I hope NUC is watching. These schools are wasting peoples time and money ova lack of bible. very soon it will be because of anointing oil. imagine getting to final year and getting expelled cos of bible. The VC and pastors i'm sure go everywhere with their bible including the toilet. HYPOCRITES.
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by trackmicky(m): 6:29pm On Jul 29, 2008
There's no big deal about that.Its no news.The Students as well as their parents were handed the University handbook and they willingly sign to abide by the rules and accept the penalties on failure to obey.It's so anywhere in the World.CU is definitely not for lawless students.It's a place for disciplined leaders in the making.cheers.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Priscilla Paul-Worika Beats UNIPORT Pharmacy Record, Sets New One, Gets 8 Awards / Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? / Uniport Appoints Prof. Georgewill Owunari New Vice Chancellor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.