Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,544 members, 7,934,654 topics. Date: Thursday, 29 August 2024 at 11:15 AM

Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan (41268 Views)

Breaking: Efcc Questions suswan / Special Asistant To Gov. Suswan Dies In Government House / Atiku Says We Need Govt That Values Education (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan by Nobody: 6:15am On Aug 01, 2013
muktarl: but some people said that ibos are not the key to lagos economy.
u dey mind dose lagosians?Am not an igbo but d truth must b told.Yoruba pple wil neva accept d fact.Igbo would b responsible 4 lagos being d 13 largest economy in africa by 2014.D truth is bitter but lagosians go say na dem build lagos.Vry soon those hausa pple go say na dem build abuja.

1 Like

Re: Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan by chatterly: 6:15am On Aug 01, 2013
I THINKS ITS HIGH TIME I LEFT NAIRALAND,THE VILE COMMENTS AND THE IGNORANT SENTIMENTS BEING PROMOTED HERE ARE SADDENING.

1 Like

Re: Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan by omongbati1: 6:18am On Aug 01, 2013
hotwax: guy talk about invesments. These are banks. Google the meaing of bank. We know owns bank money. I know my bank account statement as small as it is, it is mine and not the bank's. Beside we are talking about igbo investment in Lagos. E.g, Glo is a yoruba investment. Its not a bank where people dump money. Dangote is an investment. They can sell share if they want but they have their money before. We all know how diamond bank sack staffs every month cuz banks don't hve money. They keep money for us dangote don't keep money. You pay money to dangote.

I have given you quite a number apart from Banks.
Re: Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan by Freewilly(f): 6:18am On Aug 01, 2013
chatterly: I THINKS ITS HIGH TIME I LEFT NAIRALAND,THE VILE COMMENTS AND THE IGNORANT SENTIMENTS BEING PROMOTED HERE ARE SADDENING.

VERY GOOD DON'T LET THE DOOR HIT YOU ON THE WAY OUT.
Re: Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan by Nobody: 6:19am On Aug 01, 2013
omo-Yoruba:

We are talking of populations of people not a few individuals whose wealth are clearly questionable. We know that Dangote and the rest are fronting for IBB, OBJ and other top military guys who stole our money.

And who are the top ten richest Nigerians and what is your source of that information?

And who's Orji Uzo Kalu, Emeka Offor, Andy Uba etc fronting for? Mad they are not as rich as others?
Re: Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan by tintingz(m): 6:19am On Aug 01, 2013
omo-Yoruba:
John Holt Board (major share holders) and management team

Board
Chief Christopher Ikechi Ezeh - Chairman, Non-Executive Director [ VIEW PROFILE ] (IGBO)
Mr. David George Parmley - Executive Deputy Chairman [ VIEW PROFILE ]
Mr. Paul Newns - Non-Executive Director [ VIEW PROFILE ]
Dr. Raymond Chukwugozie Obieri - Non-Executive Director [ VIEW PROFILE ] (Igbo)
Chief Dennis Odife - Non-Executive Director [ VIEW PROFILE ] (Igbo)

Our Management Team

Mr. David George Parmley - Executive Deputy Chairman [ view profile ]
Mr. Frank Onojoghene Orhewere - Divisional Chief Executive, Yamaha/Almarine [ view profile ]
Mr. Pavel N. Petrov - Divisional Chief Executive, Management Information Systems [ view profile ]
Dr. Christopher I. Ezeh - Group Senior Executive [ view profile ] (Igbo)
Mr. Adeche Okeje Boyi - Head Of Finance [ view profile ]
Mr. Kris Chike Nwachukwu - General Manager, Fire & Safety Solutions /Insurance [ view profile ] (Igbo)
Mr. Ronald Nottidge - Ag. General Manager, Independent Power Projects [ view profile ]
Mrs. Nkem Anaedu - Legal Adviser/Company Secretary [ view profile ] (Igbo)

http://www.jhplc.com/board.php
Who are this people? Are they footballers? undecided
Re: Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan by Nobody: 6:22am On Aug 01, 2013
malele:
Way those youroba fools way dey rubbish igbo for here.
Eko ile and dayokunu no be igbo man talk this one oooo.
Wetin they save una be say these fools we have in aso rock no wan put seaport for east.
Anyday seaport enter igbo land, give us only 6years if this ur lagos still fine pass igbo land or generate money more than igbo land, then u know that igbo is a useless tribe.

But come to think of it wetin give igbo mind to dey invest heavily outside there state.
am in support of dat.D only way igbo land wil av a seaport is if an igbo man is president.Hausa or yoruba man wil not giv una seaport.Even jonathan invested billions of naira in akwa ibom state maritime academy by 2015 or so akwa ibom wil av it seaport,d 2nd largest to d proposed lekki seaport.
Re: Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan by Nobody: 6:25am On Aug 01, 2013
omo-Yoruba:

Xenox
Emzor
Fidelity Bank
Diamond Bank
Linkserve
Coscharis
Capital Oil
Range of companies owned by Kalu

Igbos own huge shares in just about any company you can think of in Lagos, including those you mentioned, except conc Yoruba ones like Wema Bank grin grin
These few just came to my mind

Oodua investment
GTB
FCMB
Conoil
Eterna Oil
Oando
zenon oil
Globacom

Too many to name.

4 Likes

Re: Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan by Nobody: 6:27am On Aug 01, 2013
omo-Yoruba:

Lol You are an ignoramus
Diamond Bank and Fidelity are 100% Igbo-owned. First Bank is 100% Nigerian Bank with strong Igbo shareholding.

UBA is 100 Nigerian and Tony Elumelu an Igbo man is the majority shareholder.

When did Tony Elumelu become Igbo?

1 Like

Re: Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan by oshea44: 6:27am On Aug 01, 2013
Spare Sellers now buy houses in Lekki, So houses in Lekki is now 5million?
Re: Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan by josite: 6:33am On Aug 01, 2013
ibos are Nigerians and that's d basis of their relevance and therefore it is cheap and incorrect to say the yorubas cannot drive the economy of yorubaland without ibos and that hausas cannot drive kano economy by itself. ibos were not part of the flourishing trans Saharan trade of the last century.
Re: Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan by omongbati1: 6:33am On Aug 01, 2013
girliegal:

When did Tony Elumelu become Igbo?

Tony is Anioma and Anioma are Igbos, just like Ngozi Okonjo Iweala and Pat Utomi

http://nigeriamasterweb.com/blog/index.php/2012/09/24/ndigbo-celebrate-igbo-day-september-29
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anioma_people

1 Like

Re: Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan by neutralist: 6:34am On Aug 01, 2013
biafranqueen: yes
The first link is the actual law http://www.nigeria-law.org/Land%20Use%20Act.htm
The second is broken down very well in layman terms
https://www.nairaland.com/289462/lawyer-pls-deed-lease-deed

President Goodluck is working on trying to revise some of the act that's the good news.

My point is that we as Nigerians have stopped planning for our children's childeren. We will not know how the Governor in 40 years time will handle this they might sign a new lease for occupancy for another 99 years and your legacy will continue or maybe they won't.
Don't get me wrong I am all for flipping land in the area buy it keep it a few years and sell it at a higher cost , but I know so many of my personal people that are building hotels, estates etc; which they can sell as well after the ROI but I just want us to fully understand that land does not belong to us!

The opposite is the true position at law. In theory, Land can be said, to be held in perpetuity, as no revocation shall take place except as stipulated by the Land Use Act in conjunction with the provisions of the constitution. Revocation by the governor is only valid if it is done for Public Purpose/Interest. These Statutes explained meaning of "Public Interest" and it is illegal for the Governor to revoke any land under private ownership and alienate/allocate same to another private person. The courts frowns on such alienation. Land belong to the Federal Government not to the State, Governors are simply appointed as administrators to hold land in their states in trust for the benefit of Nigerians. So that the landless could secure a place to live, thus making it easy for non indegenes to acquire. Prior to the enactment of Land Use Act, it was extremely difficult even for the government to acquire land for development purposes as African culture abhors sale of land.
Re: Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan by tintingz(m): 6:34am On Aug 01, 2013
oshea44: Spare Sellers now buy houses in Lekki, So houses in Lekki is now 5million?
Lolzz.. You dey mind them.

Our ibo brothers are good in making fake product in ladipo and alaba market smiley
Re: Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan by omongbati1: 6:34am On Aug 01, 2013
girliegal:

Oodua investment
GTB
FCMB
Conoil
Eterna Oil
Oando
zenon oil
Globacom

Too many to name.

But that is your land. I can names 100s of companies in Igboland too. We are competing well with you in your own land. That is the point

3 Likes

Re: Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan by abouzaid: 6:35am On Aug 01, 2013
I live in the north but 80% of all my savings goes to anambra. Any igbo man that doesn't realise that nigeria is not one is a fool. I believe in pulling down the north and west to build the east. None of my family lives in lagos but every year, We receive a generous amount as rent from our shop at the international trade fair complex and i make sure it's entirely spent in the east. I repeat any igbo man that lives large outside igbo land is a fool.

4 Likes

Re: Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan by omongbati1: 6:36am On Aug 01, 2013
girliegal:

Oodua investment
GTB
FCMB
Conoil
Eterna Oil
Oando
zenon oil
Globacom

Too many to name.

GLO is IBB
Zenon (Otedola) is bank loan. His yansh was opened the last time as a 100% bank defaulter.
Re: Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan by omongbati1: 6:38am On Aug 01, 2013
Nestoil Lagos is Igbo
Re: Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan by omongbati1: 6:39am On Aug 01, 2013
MTN Chairman is Igbo. That means huge shareholdings. You are not chairman for nothing.
Re: Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan by Nobody: 6:39am On Aug 01, 2013
omo-Yoruba:

Tony is Anioma and Anioma are Igbos, just like Ngozi Okonjo Iweala and Pat Utomi

http://nigeriamasterweb.com/blog/index.php/2012/09/24/ndigbo-celebrate-igbo-day-september-29
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anioma_people

Let ika people catch you calling them Igbo.
Re: Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan by omongbati1: 6:40am On Aug 01, 2013
girliegal:

Let ika people catch you calling them Igbo.

Ika is different from Anioma. Got it?
Re: Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan by Nobody: 6:41am On Aug 01, 2013
omo-Yoruba:

But that is your land. I can names 100s of companies in Igboland too. We are competing well with you in your own land. That is the point

Competing in my land or you have to come to my land to be relevant.
none of your companies is on the same level as the yoruba ones.

oya name 100 spare parts, fake products and ugwu companies in aba and onitsha.
mtcheeew
Re: Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan by omongbati1: 6:41am On Aug 01, 2013
Austin Okere, Group Managing Director of Computer Warehouse Group, Lagos .

1 Like

Re: Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan by omongbati1: 6:42am On Aug 01, 2013
Obinna Uzoh: The Gocuz Titan

Obinna Uzoh brings creativity, innovation, style, patience and commitment to his dream of taking his group-Gocuz Group Limited to enviable heights.

Gocuz Group started a decade and three years ago as a trading outfit and now has investment in virtually all key sectors of the economy, namely, engineering, procurement and supply of electrical, power, telecommunication and oil equipment to major end – users in the economy. The group is blazing the trail of industrial development in Nigeria . Its mission is to create employment opportunities and diversify the economy. Current activities of Gocuz Group include rural electrification, procurement of industrial tools and machines, manufacturing and export.

The activities of the group with branches all over Nigeria and head office at Karimu Kotun Street, Victoria Island, Lagos, is made possible as it stands as sole representative of major manufacturers abroad.
Re: Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan by Toktee(m): 6:43am On Aug 01, 2013
berem: this no news abeg. its a known fact and not a fiction.no igbo,no development!! cool
So why the south eastern states remain under developed,take a close look anambera,abia etc,if u sabi develop other people place why not develop ur own,abi na bicos of the fake drugs and fake motor and machine parts tht dem the say na him make them sabi develop?
Re: Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan by Nobody: 6:43am On Aug 01, 2013
omo-Yoruba:

GLO is IBB
Zenon (Otedola) is bank loan. His yansh was opened the last time as a 100% bank defaulter.

Orji uzo kalu is IBB's wife. His yansh is as wide as his mouth.
Andy Uba is bank loan
Re: Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan by Nobody: 6:44am On Aug 01, 2013
omo-Yoruba:

Ika is different from Anioma. Got it?

Ika is not Igbo!
Re: Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan by omongbati1: 6:44am On Aug 01, 2013
Eko Hospital, best and oldest private hospital in Lagos

Eneli (Igbo)
Kuku
Obiora (Igbo)
Re: Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan by omongbati1: 6:45am On Aug 01, 2013
girliegal:

Ika is not Igbo!

Anioma is not Ika
Anioma is Igbo
Ask Ngozi okonjo Iweala and Pat Utomi and Elumelu who they are.

1 Like

Re: Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan by omongbati1: 6:47am On Aug 01, 2013
Joe Irukwu: Insurance Egghead
For those who are aware of subtle, yet valuable personalities in the insurance world, one name stands out: Joe Irukwu – an outstanding insurance professor with an exceptionally sound insurance knowledge. He lives and breathes insurance. He is in no other world than the world of insurance. Joe Irukwu has remained a man whom destiny has placed in a unique position to influence perhaps a whole generation of insurance practitioners who today are managing top flight insurance firms.

Presently, he is the executive chairman of African Development Insurance Company (A.D.I.C) while also consulting for Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation.

Google Irukwu, best insurance guru in Lagos with board memberships in many companies
Re: Any State Govt That Ignores Igbos Does So At The Risk Of Its Economy - Suswan by oluwacjay: 6:48am On Aug 01, 2013
kokosheen: "Mr. CLEMENT UDEGBE, a lawyer, wrote from Lagos"..
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/07/the-igbos-have-more-at-stake-in-nigeria/#
grin grin grin grin grin

The mere mention of N300 Trillion, N600 Trillion like pure water wraps really got me…
Haba, N300 Trillion is nearly $2 Trillion dollars na!!!
Like it’s said, if you tell a lie long enough, you end up believing it.
undecided
Dude it luks untrue, but it actually is. My uncle 2 hauses in PHC he buit wit 150M & 200M respectivelyif he were 2 resell both hauses wit d land dey on, it wld definitely b more dan half-a-billion. My family friend owns almost a str in Festac, d place african china stays. If he were to resell.... It may seem impossible but a careful analysis mite nt B far 4rm d truth

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (21) (Reply)

El-Rufai: I Will Not Release El-Zakzaky So Long I’m Governor / 2023 Governorship Election Results From Polling Units / Emefiele: DSS Uncovers Planned Campaign Of Calumny Against Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.