Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,816 members, 7,966,001 topics. Date: Friday, 04 October 2024 at 07:03 AM

Abt To Get Married , Bt I Feels Like Breaking Up. - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Abt To Get Married , Bt I Feels Like Breaking Up. (3125 Views)

Ladies, Why Do You Ask This Question When He's Abt To Enter THE PLACE? / I Feels Like Am Been Used!! / How It Feels Like Having Sex With My Best Friend the whole gist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abt To Get Married , Bt I Feels Like Breaking Up. by Nobody: 12:37am On Jul 28, 2013
alutacontinua:

I think you're being too hard on the op. Granted, it was a lil out of place for him to spew out that crap but he was just being true to himself. I'm sure so many people might feel like this lipsrsealed but they just bottle it up because they know people would criticize them. He;s agreed to work on his thought process and content and let's just hope it works out well for them. cool
At this stage of the relationship?? C'mon! You should be mad @ me for being too nice.

When he asked her out, he knew she wasn't pretty enough but he went further
When she said yes, he knew she wasn't pretty enough but he went further
When they first had sexx, he knew she wasn't pretty enough but he went further
When she stayed with him at the low moment of his life, he knew she wasn't pretty enough but he went further
When he proposed,he knew she wasn't pretty enough but he went further
When he went to meet her parents, he knew she wasn't pretty enough but he went further

All of a sudden, he's having second thoughts?? A man at his age should know better, bitter truth.

1 Like

Re: Abt To Get Married , Bt I Feels Like Breaking Up. by Nobody: 12:37am On Jul 28, 2013
Mynd_44:
The thing with marriage is that when you are about to go into it, there is not room for doubt. If he was doubting that he would be able to stand her body odour or her talking too much it is something else.

If he said he does not think he might be eating her food, it is understandable but he himself said he cannot do without cheating on her cos she is not pretty to him and he needs someone who is.

I don't joke with issues bordering on cheating especiall if you ain't married yet. It is one red flag that you should look at well

So, you don't think there's remedy?
Not even if he's ready to discard that stu*pid thought ringing in his head?
Re: Abt To Get Married , Bt I Feels Like Breaking Up. by Mynd44: 12:41am On Jul 28, 2013
alutacontinua:

So, you don't think there's remedy?
Not even if he's ready to discard that stu*pid thought ringing in his head?
I don't believe cheats change. Sorry but that's my view.

The OP has shown that he is childish with his thoughts, he has shown that he is a liar, he has shown that he is insensitive, he has shown that he is not trust worthy...... I can go on all night.

If you are the girl's mother, with these facts, what will you say and do?
Re: Abt To Get Married , Bt I Feels Like Breaking Up. by Nobody: 12:43am On Jul 28, 2013
^^I thought I was the only one that got from his post that he must hv cheated on her before.
Re: Abt To Get Married , Bt I Feels Like Breaking Up. by Nobody: 12:44am On Jul 28, 2013
Mynd_44:
I don't believe cheats change. Sorry but that's my view.

The OP has shown that he is childish with his thoughts, he has shown that he is a liar, he has shown that he is insensitive, he has shown that he is not trust worthy...... I can go on all night.

If you are the girl's mother, with these facts, what will you say and do?

The truth is i've been trying to put myself in the lady's shoes and I must say it's totally depressing.
They've come a very long way and a break-up won't be the easiest thing for them to go through now. What would he even tell the poor lady is his reason? I just really hope he makes up his mind and identifies his priorities and not make that lady miserable for the rest of her life. sad
Re: Abt To Get Married , Bt I Feels Like Breaking Up. by try69: 12:45am On Jul 28, 2013
Shollypopz:
Your standards are low if you consider the op very mature.

Can u explain to me what people mean when they say "marriage is all about endurance" madam high standards?

Mature people never result to insults when trying to counsel others the more reason I believe the op is more a mature personality(he didn't insult back) to most you no-log-in-eyes commentators.

And for you people saying he doesn't love the lady, ya'all jokers cos ya'all only criteria for loving is outward appearance.

You don't pay to think, use ur brain

#Nigerians #fake #perfectionists
Re: Abt To Get Married , Bt I Feels Like Breaking Up. by Mynd44: 12:46am On Jul 28, 2013
Shollypopz: ^^I thought I was the only one that got from his post that he must hv cheated on her before.
It is a no brainer.....i can bet he also does not find her satisfying in bed and with that, he can't change as he will always long for the skanks he goes with.

He is marrying her cos of pity which is crazy
Re: Abt To Get Married , Bt I Feels Like Breaking Up. by Mynd44: 12:47am On Jul 28, 2013
alutacontinua:

The truth is i've been trying to put myself in the lady's shoes and I must say it's totally depressing.
They've come a very long way and a break-up won't be the easiest thing for them to go through now. What would he even tell the poor lady is his reason? I just really hope he makes up his mind and identifies his priorities and not make that lady miserable for the rest of her life. sad
It is better she cries when she is single and she can walk away than when she is married with 2 kids
Re: Abt To Get Married , Bt I Feels Like Breaking Up. by Nobody: 12:53am On Jul 28, 2013
Mynd_44:
It is a no brainer.....i can bet he also does not find her satisfying in bed and with that, he can't change as he will always long for the skanks he goes with.

He is marrying her cos of pity which is crazy
GBAM!!

Yipee!!.....Mynd is back cool
Re: Abt To Get Married , Bt I Feels Like Breaking Up. by Mynd44: 12:55am On Jul 28, 2013
Shollypopz:
GBAM!!

Yipee!!.....Mynd is back cool

more like the Sholly I once knew is back and arguing like old timestonguetongue

good times those were
Re: Abt To Get Married , Bt I Feels Like Breaking Up. by Nobody: 1:10am On Jul 28, 2013
try69:
By your definition of immature, you just called yourself one grin grin

Mynd_44:
more like the Sholly I once knew is back and arguing like old timestonguetongue

good times those were
Not really undecided
cool
Re: Abt To Get Married , Bt I Feels Like Breaking Up. by Mynd44: 1:12am On Jul 28, 2013
Shollypopz:

Not really undecided
cool
Winshtonguetongue
Re: Abt To Get Married , Bt I Feels Like Breaking Up. by try69: 1:16am On Jul 28, 2013
Shollypopz: By your definition of immature, you just called yourself one grin grin

Sori I don't do insults

I'll pass
Re: Abt To Get Married , Bt I Feels Like Breaking Up. by Pedagogue: 9:36am On Jul 28, 2013

@Op,I think u should get e-beer for previous posters...Or better still,shake their hands in appreciation. But when you meet D-EXPLORER,please go down on your knees and say thank you sir!
Nevertheless,I think many have been a bit harsh on the Op. And I think this is because we have refused to put ourselves in the shoes of the Op...
*The guy is preparing for a LIFE time contract- a decision that is perhaps the biggest he will ever make..
*Before any major decision,it's only human to contemplate,hesitate and think..this cannot be less when it's a marriage decision!

That said, I think we can attempt to summarise the Op's state of mind and make deductions therefrom
1. His fiancé his not as pretty as 'he wants...'
Mister, were you blind when you asked her out? And If you were,what cured your 'blindness' ? Or is it because you now have more money? Since u now you have a "200k paying job (excluding allowances) ", u probably think you deserve someone better! Afterall, your new 'status' can get you any beautiful gal! Is that the state of your mind? If that is it, pls cure your heart of this disease.

2. "If you get a girl that would match your taste,you would not cheat"- FAT lie.
U will cheat if u will cheat. That you are married to Miss world does not mean she's d only lady that will catch your fancy. Self restraint is what stops people from cheating- not the beauty of your spouse. If u marry a lady that has the best boobs / ass in d world, it would fall or lose shape...So,what we call beauty does not last forever....That you never cheated on your ex is immaterial here-because it might be that there was little room for that!

Conversely,it seems the OP is only interested in marrying the girl because:
A. "...WE WILL BE CONFORTABLE "- Typical nigerian ! He thinks the combination of his income plus that of an hardworking lady = enough money grin
B. "SHE HAS MADE HUGE SACRIFICES" -Perhaps the girl has aborted severally or supported the Op financially ...
C. "Because of Pity"
-if these are all the reasons u can give 4 wanting to marry her,pls SAVE yourself d stress of a failed marriage and leave her now.

If she has other qualities and u dump her because she's not beautiful, I pray you will not regret it! What we call 'beauty' is subject to the vagaries of life. It FADES and could be affected by unplanned events like accidents!!!

But no matter what,do not marry out of pity!!! If you think your 'beauty requirement' ranks higher than reasons like her attitude,loving kindness,good heart etc PLS PLS and PLS leave NOW ...If you however decide to stick to her,know that - you MUST not torment her after marriage with thoughts or comments like 'she is not beautiful enough' . You MUST love her for who she is FOR LIFE! You MUST force your mind to believe she's the most beautiful woman on earth...what we allow our mind to believe is what rules us!
Even if u see more beautiful girls,your mind wud remind you that 'you have Miss World at home'- not because she's more beautiful BUT because your marriage 2 her has automatically made her to be!

*D reason why marriages collapse these days is because many go into it for the wrong reasons*.

2 Likes

Re: Abt To Get Married , Bt I Feels Like Breaking Up. by Youngpo413: 10:59pm On Dec 25, 2014
Help your lady become beautiful with God gave her..

And stop being a shallow bitttch angry
gbam

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Do Ladies Really Love Rich Guys Or Their Money? / My Lady Takes Me For Granted / Female Romancelanders With The Sexies Bodies.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.