Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,188 members, 7,960,695 topics. Date: Saturday, 28 September 2024 at 08:18 AM

Must Have Apps For Android Phone User - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Must Have Apps For Android Phone User (36219 Views)

UI Comparison (best Smart Phone User Interface) / 5 Secrets Every Android Phone User Should Know / GSM Phone User Guide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Must Have Apps For Android Phone User by moonraker(m): 12:05pm On Nov 27, 2013
HD widgets
Re: Must Have Apps For Android Phone User by habay6154(m): 12:06pm On Nov 27, 2013
pls who can teach me how to take screenshots like bbm chats using Infinix alpha android or any oda type f androids. tnx
Re: Must Have Apps For Android Phone User by ScarFaceTF(m): 12:08pm On Nov 27, 2013
habay6154: pls who can teach me how to take screenshots like bbm chats using Infinix alpha android or any oda type f androids. tnx
Hold the volume button(Lower) nd the power button together
Re: Must Have Apps For Android Phone User by Nobody: 12:08pm On Nov 27, 2013
checkout gallery lock hider, and ringtone maker. they are xcellent apps.
Re: Must Have Apps For Android Phone User by Idrismusty97(m): 12:14pm On Nov 27, 2013
moonraker:

Lol you are funny. Surpassed IOS?? With what exactly? Bloated apps?

And how many of those apps are just junk or full of ads that offer you to spend money to get rid of the commercial ads? Sometimes it's not
Always about numbers but the quality of those numbers. You can have 1 million people in your army with raffles but I only need a Hiroshima grade bomb to wipe out that army.
You may want to defend your iOS but he said the truth.The best apps are owned by android.Android apps are easy to create thats why BBM was first available in android before iOS.iOS want to do everything themselves but andriod open their programming language to third party.Use your eyes and see how BB OS and Microsoft OS are gradually falling because of this simple mistake "refusing to open your programming language to third parties"……
Unfortunately iOS will face the same fact as nokia if they don't do something ASAP.
Re: Must Have Apps For Android Phone User by habay6154(m): 12:20pm On Nov 27, 2013
tnx @scareface. it worked. ur gud
Re: Must Have Apps For Android Phone User by offshoreking: 12:36pm On Nov 27, 2013
Pls any idea of app to watch football in my Android phone? Thanks
Re: Must Have Apps For Android Phone User by protonz(m): 12:37pm On Nov 27, 2013
.......... http:///1bEuSc6 check out this
awesome opportunity.....
Re: Must Have Apps For Android Phone User by TAILAS01(m): 12:39pm On Nov 27, 2013
Pls How much is 32GB memory card?
Re: Must Have Apps For Android Phone User by bharkarh(m): 12:40pm On Nov 27, 2013
tripledub: My top Android apps on my p3 are
1. Tubemate (for downloading and watching youtube videos
2. Samurai II (vengence) - game
3. Mx player - plays music videos and movies
4. Livestation - for watching satellite tv
5. Sybla tv - for watching satellite tv
6. KJV offline bible
7. Avast anti virus + avast anti thief (works on rooted phones)
8. Battery doctor
9. English 1.8 offline dictionary
10. Adobe reader - for reading ebooks
11. Viber, facebook, 2go, whatsapp, skype,
12. Nigeriannewspaper - with over 100 nigerian news papers
13. Utorrent - for torrent downloads
14. Swiftkey keyboard - best for typing texts
15. Mr. Number - for calls and sms
16. Office suite pro - for opening msword, excel, ppt documents
17. Contract killer - game
18. Zarchiver - for unziping files. Works like winrar
19. Zombie booth - turns any pics of ur friend into live zombie
20. Opera mini 7.0 - best for conserving mb
U can get this apps from google play store but u must enable background data sync on ur phone. Also mark allow installation of non-market applications.
Its not easy typing on phone.
More to come soon. Am still testing other apps................

I can't find d sybla TV on playstore.... pls send me d link 2 download it

1 Like

Re: Must Have Apps For Android Phone User by Jeff148(m): 12:45pm On Nov 27, 2013
Noted!!!
Re: Must Have Apps For Android Phone User by Nazcoj(m): 12:52pm On Nov 27, 2013
Pls where can i download Championship Manager

pls i need to download dt game even if its 2011 version
Re: Must Have Apps For Android Phone User by Idrismusty97(m): 12:55pm On Nov 27, 2013
[size=24pt]Interesting piece of the 3 giants of mobile OS [/size]

Android OS
One of the features that has always set Android apart from fierce competitor Apple is the use of interactive widgets on the Android homescreen. Users can install widgets for their favoriteapplications allowing them to interact directly fromthe homescreen of the device. This is a feature that is still not available in even the newest iterations of iOS.

Another useful new feature is the improved Email
application. Although Gmail has taken off as one of
the best mobile email clients available, the default
Android Email client has left much to be desired in
recent years. Fortunately, these deficiencies are a
thing of the past in Android 4.4. The new interface
borrows many excellent features from the popular
Gmail client and vastly improves the functionality
of the Email client overall.

Apple OS(iOS)

……That said, many users find iOS rather limiting when
compared to Android (a platform known for
providing an extremely customizable user
experience). Jailbreaking iOS devices is a popular
technique that allows iOS users much more
control over device functionality at the cost of a
voided warranty and a sometimes erratic
experience.
Additionally, Apple vehemently opposes the
jailbreaking process and intentionally blocks
known exploits in software updates. It truly
becomes a cat-and-mouse game between
jailbroken developers and the uniform user
experience Apple strives to maintain. Although
jailbroken users remain a significant minority in the mobile phone marketplace, it remains an issue that sparks much debate among many advanced
smartphone users.

The iPhone is famous for offering a unified user experience that is easy to navigate for most users.The design is so simple that it has become
common to see toddlers successfully navigating
through menus. Although this degree of simplicity
may seem counterproductive, it is for this reason
that iOS has become the operating system of
choice for many users worldwide.

Microsoft OS
There are a few problems with the Windows OS including the lack of a dedicated developer
community and lackluster social media integration.
Microsoft has simply failed to create any real
confidence in these products from a development
standpoint. With less than a 5% market share
worldwide, it becomes difficult to convince a
development team to step away from iOS or
Android; even for a moment.

Social media integration fails to meet the
expectations that have been set by competitive
platforms; although Microsoft did do a good job of
improving the overall social experience with
improvements to its proprietary products. One
such improvement is called “Rooms” – an app
thats allows you to share calendars, photo albums
and group message chats with other users
included in that Room.

https://www.udemy.com/blog/ios-vs-android-vs-windows/

1 Like

Re: Must Have Apps For Android Phone User by leboss6(m): 1:01pm On Nov 27, 2013
1st ola:

lerya.
which phone has ever cm with screenshot
My infinix Alpha and Samsung galaxy tab2 both came with screenshot.....all I need to do is simultaneously press and hold the power button and volume down bottom and my current screen is captured ...
Re: Must Have Apps For Android Phone User by Tekecoms1(m): 1:01pm On Nov 27, 2013
The application is not free on google play....
pls gimme the site that i can download most android apps for free.
ejooooooooooooooooooooooooooooor ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Re: Must Have Apps For Android Phone User by leboss6(m): 1:03pm On Nov 27, 2013
habay6154: pls who can teach me how to take screenshots like bbm chats using Infinix alpha android or any oda type f androids. tnx
press and hold the power on button and Volume down button at the same time ......I use infinix Alpha too....
Re: Must Have Apps For Android Phone User by cuteboy2: 1:12pm On Nov 27, 2013
dryakson: 1. Evernote: This is a productivity app that lets you take records, jot down things and make notes. Its easy to use and helps you remember everything across all your devices. It allows you capture images, record voice notes reminders and backs them up to the cloud so that even if you get another device, all your notes would still be intact. Its available for both Android and iOS platform and can be downloaded free of charge from the App Store

2. Music Maniac: Are you the type that loves to download music? Then music maniac is the app of your choice. It allows you download or just stream any mp3 music free of charge be it Spanish, Italian, Nigerian etc. The music file are of very high quality yet the sizes are small. Its available at the app store free of charge and doesn't contain any ads.

3. WordWeb: Dictionary is one of man's most useful tool. You confused about a word? Use your WordWeb dictionary. WordWeb have huge database of words and its also connected to wikipedia in case you need extended information. This app is stable, free and can be downloaded from the App Store.

4. Dead Trigger: All works and no play makes jack a dull boy. You looking for a nice game to play and have serious fun? Dead Trigger is one you should consider and with no dull moments. It has nice graphics and interesting. Who doesn't like to kill zombies? If you do then head to the app store to download this lovely game free of charge.

5. PrinterShare: Those that work with a lot of documents would love this one. This app allows you to print straight from your phone all your documents to any printer. Its fast efficient and doesn't disappoint.

6. Shazam: There amount of song in the world can't be quantified. Sometimes you hear a song you like but don't know who sang it? Shazam should be your best friend in identifying those unknown songs. It helps you get the singer, album art etc. Its good for music lovers. Imagine the combination of Shazam and Music Maniac! Awesome

7. TechCalc: Accountants, Students and those that like money and mathematics would see this app as a blessing. Its the best calculator I have ever used in my life! Casio calculators don't stand a chance. You want to plot graph, do advanced calculus mathematics? This app should be on your phone right away. Go to the store and download.

8. Utorrent: My best friend! If you like downloaded from torrent sites, the utorrent is your best guy for the job. Perhaps, only those that use torrent sites would understand how important it is to have a torrent downloader on ones phone. Its free of charge and can be downloaded from the Play store.

9. App2Sd III: Thank God for this app. Imagine having 32GB of external storage space wasting away while your internal memory is getting filled up due to apps installed on your device. What this app does for you is allow you move almost all your apps to MicroSD so that there is enough space on your internal memory while taking advantage on the huge memory of the external memory card.

10. Roehsoft RAM Expande: Just as the name suggest, this app increases your device RAM so that you never get the low RAM message ever again. It converts part of your external memory card to RAM if there is need for it. Imagine having unlimited RAM size? Go to the play store to get yours for a small fee. This app needs root access to function, soif your device isn't rooted it wont install or work.

11. Internet Speed Master: Not everyone lives in a 3G environment or has very fast WiFi. Some depend on 2G, EDGE internet speed. With this app, your Internet speed would be boosted 200%. If you have 3G or WiFi, expect about 300% speed increase. This app works best with a rooted Android phone but can work with non rooted phones too.

12. Swiftkey: Wow, take typing to a whole new level on your smartphone. This keyboard makes it fun and easy to type while creating texts on your smartphone. Even when yo get tired of typing, you can just invoke the voice to text option using the mic. This app is all about making your text creation a lot easier and enjoyable.

13. Real Football 2013: Football is what bring a nation together at times. If you like to play soccer but don't have the skill, well you can do that on your phone with the latest version of real football 2013. This app is free of charge and can be downloaded from the play store. Go get it and start scoring goals.

14. AVG Anti Virus: We all know that Android is a vulnerable operating system when it comes to malware. With AVG, you can protect your device against malwares, virus and the likes. You can also track your phone in case it was stolen. You can make it ring out loud if lost and so much more. Go to the play store to get yours at no charge at all.

15. Logo Quiz & Modern Combat 4|Dead Zone: This game combination would make you never have a dull moment in as much as you have battery on your device. You think you know logos of popular brands? Try Logo quiz and if you think you know what war is like, try Modern Combat 4. Go to the store and find out for yourself.

16. Du Battery Saver: Imagine having all the aforementioned apps above and you dont have a way of monitoring your battery usage? You will find out that your battery runs out like no man business. That is why you need to preserve the juice of your phone with this app. It helps you to optimize your battery and make your device stay alive for a longer period. Go to the play store to get this wonderful app for no price at all. Come back and thank me.

17. Droid Wall: This is the perfect app to make your data plan last longer. Honestly, Smartphones have a way of silently eating away your Internet data bundles. With Droid Wall is the best app to save your Internet data bundles.

Here you have it folks, 16 good list of excellent, quality and high standard apps to make your Android smartphone a superhero. I have personally tried all these apps on my rooted Tecno F7 and they are safe and stable.

Mind you, some apps can brick your phone or put it in reboot loop. Stay away from them especially theme apps, Chainfire 3D, Font Changer lite. Be careful. Read reviews before you download any app to your Android phone

http://phonegist..com/2013/07/16-must-have-apps-for-your-android-phone.html

OP: What does it mean for a phone to be rooted?
Why should some1 root his/
What are the pros and cons rooting a phone?
How do root a phone?

1 Like

Re: Must Have Apps For Android Phone User by cityhunter1(m): 1:15pm On Nov 27, 2013
Hehehehehehe how do u expect to get all these apps if u aint got data check out dis MTN magic sim remix... Too much data cheesy cheesy 08147734964

Re: Must Have Apps For Android Phone User by saymax(f): 1:19pm On Nov 27, 2013
I hv a galaxy S4. Honestly i feel bad dat am under-utilising my phone. Can sm1 pls help by sending me links to apps dat i can download? I also am in need of a particular game on leonardo davinci, dont know d name but it has spotting d diff, picking out items on a pix using a list n other stuffs. Pls any1 who has dis stuffs send to my email. Thanks.
Re: Must Have Apps For Android Phone User by Nobody: 1:19pm On Nov 27, 2013
Idrismusty97: You may want to defend your iOS but he said the truth.The best apps are owned by android.Android apps are easy to create thats why BBM was first available in android before iOS.iOS want to do everything themselves but andriod open their programming language to third party.Use your eyes and see how BB OS and Microsoft OS are gradually falling because of this simple mistake "refusing to open your programming language to third parties"……
Unfortunately iOS will face the same fact as nokia if they don't do something ASAP.
Well said Bruv
Re: Must Have Apps For Android Phone User by dfemmy: 1:20pm On Nov 27, 2013
The best apps I'm enjoying on my android are ttpod, mobo player, terminal emulator and droidvpn.. I'm not games freak, but with terminal emulator and droidvpn I'm browsing free with my Mtn line without bis or whatever... MTN ARE WISE BUH WE ARE GENIUS ;DThe best apps I'm enjoying on my android are ttpod, mobo player, terminal emulator and droidvpn.. I'm not games freak, but with terminal emulator and droidvpn I'm browsing free with my Mtn line without bis or whatever... MTN ARE WISE BUH WE ARE GENIUS
Re: Must Have Apps For Android Phone User by UchihaItachi(m): 1:21pm On Nov 27, 2013
Ugh..is there a difference between App2sd and Link2sd?
Re: Must Have Apps For Android Phone User by Nobody: 1:22pm On Nov 27, 2013
saymax: I hv a galaxy S4. Honestly i feel bad dat am under-utilising my phone. Can sm1 pls help by sending me links to apps dat i can download? I also am in need of a particular game on leonardo davinci, dont know d name but it has spotting d diff, picking out items on a pix using a list n other stuffs. Pls any1 who has dis stuffs send to my email. Thanks.
Go to Android.Mob.org nd get any game u want, Imagine S4 SMH kiss
saymax: I hv a galaxy S4. Honestly i feel bad dat am under-utilising my phone. Can sm1 pls help by sending me links to apps dat i can download? I also am in need of a particular game on leonardo davinci, dont know d name but it has spotting d diff, picking out items on a pix using a list n other stuffs. Pls any1 who has dis stuffs send to my email. Thanks.
Go to Android.Mob.org nd get any game u want, Imagine S4 SMH
Re: Must Have Apps For Android Phone User by ugotuf(m): 1:26pm On Nov 27, 2013
You can get whatsapp plus from my drop box HERE https://www.dropbox.com/s/e0yuua0tkwz0ckk/WhatsAppPLUSVERY%20GOOD.apk
Re: Must Have Apps For Android Phone User by Nobody: 1:33pm On Nov 27, 2013
habay6154: tnx @scareface. it worked. ur gud
Just opened a new account, Don't worri its still me grin
Re: Must Have Apps For Android Phone User by Nobody: 2:11pm On Nov 27, 2013
dfemmy: The best apps I'm enjoying on my android are ttpod, mobo player, terminal emulator and droidvpn.. I'm not games freak, but with terminal emulator and droidvpn I'm browsing free with my Mtn line without bis or whatever... MTN ARE WISE BUH WE ARE GENIUS ;DThe best apps I'm enjoying on my android are ttpod, mobo player, terminal emulator and droidvpn.. I'm not games freak, but with terminal emulator and droidvpn I'm browsing free with my Mtn line without bis or whatever... MTN ARE WISE BUH WE ARE GENIUS

Please bro help a brother.. I've been browsing wit money all my life
Re: Must Have Apps For Android Phone User by Idrismusty97(m): 2:14pm On Nov 27, 2013
khenykhey:

Please bro help a brother.. I've been browsing wit money all my life
gringrin

1 Like

Re: Must Have Apps For Android Phone User by agohmamuda(m): 2:15pm On Nov 27, 2013
cityhunter1: Hehehehehehe how do u expect to get all these apps if u aint got data check out dis MTN magic sim remix... Too much data cheesy cheesy 08147734964

Guy transfer me 8gig abeg or show me d way. (ur way)
Re: Must Have Apps For Android Phone User by Idrismusty97(m): 2:17pm On Nov 27, 2013
cityhunter1: Hehehehehehe how do u expect to get all these apps if u aint got data check out dis MTN magic sim remix... Too much data cheesy cheesy 08147734964
guy please talk to us na or drop your email.MTN don frustrate us for years.
Re: Must Have Apps For Android Phone User by Artorius(m): 2:40pm On Nov 27, 2013
please guys how can I buy apps on Google play since I don't have a credit card

1 Like

Re: Must Have Apps For Android Phone User by roughneck: 2:46pm On Nov 27, 2013
I cant do without utorrent on any of my devices
Re: Must Have Apps For Android Phone User by olaniyanibukun0: 3:14pm On Nov 27, 2013
Power amp........ Full version
Bkackmart

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How To Visit Facebook's Full Site With Your Mobile Phone / Blackberry Launches Blackberry DTEK60 - A Beast Of An Android Phone / Its Official: That Blackberry Phone Is NOW Obsolete!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.