Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,273 members, 7,887,795 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 01:57 PM

Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? (33795 Views)

Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. / What Did Pope Francis Really Mean By "Who Am I To Judge Gay People"? / Why Do Africans Hate Gay People So Much? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by trolling(m): 9:35pm On Jul 29, 2013
Awesome_Romeo: I beg ur pardon.
na pardon i beg if u condone fagorts sad
Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by obailala(m): 9:35pm On Jul 29, 2013
JIGHU: No ....Roman Catholics is losing it
No... Nobody is loosing anything except lots of Nigerians who have zero ability to comprehend simple reports.

Hate the sin but not the sinner... that's the bible's stand... I wonder what is so difficult to understand in that..

Very soon in our traditional hypocrisy, Nigerians would soon advocate for stoning of adulterers..
undecided undecided
Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by Nobody: 9:35pm On Jul 29, 2013
It's like Vatican didn't get it anymore so the mystery behind Pope John Paul untimely retirement is thereby confirmed.
Albeit, this new Pope has faulted the role of 'REPENTANCE and NEW LIFE'. If Gay people should understand that they have committed a grievous act, and turn a new leaf thereafter, 'ish' their integration ną small thing jareh.

You cannot continue in Sin and xpect grace †☺ abound. Pls, Pope, stop being diplomatic on this evil act.
Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by Nobody: 9:38pm On Jul 29, 2013
Why do people like reading stupid meanings into something very simple? The Pope is not in any way saying that homosexuality is right or something. He only said that he can't judge them, that is what the Bible says anyway. He said he is willing to accept them if they repent and seek the goodwill of God. Nobody is free of sin. Only he that is free of sin should jugde people and IMO that person is God and not all these Nairaland hypocrites that'll sleep with all the love peddlers around and still be the first to condemn gays like homosexuality is now a bigger sin than fornication. Sleeping with your boyfriend/girlfriend not your husband/wife is a sin as homosexuality is a sin. No sin is bigger than the other. Remember Mary Magdalene? She was a prostitute! She is chilling in heaven now. Remember the adulterous woman? Remember what Jesus said? 'Let he that is without sin cast the first stone'. Remember what Jesus said to the Pharisees when they said He was dining with sinners? Jesus came for the sinners. Condemn the sin not the sinner! that is what the Pope said!
Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by Chinwem(f): 9:39pm On Jul 29, 2013
God is the ultimate judge
Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by trolling(m): 9:41pm On Jul 29, 2013
Baybe: Why do people like reading stupid meanings into something very simple? The Pope is not in any way saying that homosexuality is right or something. He only said that he can't judge them, that is what the Bible says anyway. He said he is willing to accept them if they repent and seek the goodwill of God. Nobody is free of sin. Only he that is free of sin should jugde people and IMO that person is God and not all these Nairaland hypocrites that'll sleep with all the love peddlers around and still be the first to condemn gays like homosexuality is now a bigger sin than fornication. Sleeping with your boyfriend/girlfriend not your husband/wife is a sin as homosexuality is a sin. No sin is bigger than the other. Remember Mary Magdalene? She was a prostitute! She is chilling in heaven now. Remember the adulterous woman? Remember what Jesus said? 'Let he that is without sin cast the first stone'. Remember what Jesus said to the Pharisees when they said He was dining with sinners? Jesus came for the sinners. Condemn the sin not the sinner! that is what the Pope said!
yeah right she's chilling in heaven there only 24 Elders in heaven with God and His angels so tell that liar to your christain folk,if homosexuality is the same as fornication then why did Paul say theyve earned themself damanation,abeg park well make i see road
Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by Nobody: 9:44pm On Jul 29, 2013
More

Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by elampiro(m): 9:45pm On Jul 29, 2013
peppy luv: undecided have u skipped ur medications agan?

You are there and you won't asked to know or gained knowledge. Why is it that since Pope Francis took over it has been from one controversial gesture to another and from on controversial statement to the other? Or are you not observant? [b][/b]
Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by Memyselfu2009(m): 9:48pm On Jul 29, 2013
The bible for tel in the last days men would lie with men. The bible condemned it I wonder if this guys read the bible
Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by ocelot2006(m): 9:50pm On Jul 29, 2013
SPEED5: . There are other religions a man can belong to. To be christian is not by force. So if u must be a chritian, then stand by its clear precepts

And are the one to decide my status as a Christian? Who gave you such right? Your jet-blazing super-star pastor? Abeg buzz off, hypocrite.

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by Nobody: 9:52pm On Jul 29, 2013
mascot87: I am very sure most nairalanders would misinterpret what the pope is trying to insinuate cos of lack of wisdom understanding his simple statement.Already I am seeing some bigoted illiterates making statements that makes me wonder why some ignoramus bigocony continue to reason with there nose rather than calming down, digest and think deeply on what the Pope is trying to say using there brains. angry
Most people would make silly statements just because they don't believe in the ideology of the Catholic church.Most people are hardcore Religiolistic and tribalistic in nature.
Does your Catholic Church teach you to be abusive in your choice of words? Is homosexuality a way of obeying the command of going into the world and multiply? If we condemn what we know to be wrong, that is not judgement. I hope Pope did not say what he said with ungodly connotation in mind.
Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by Nobody: 9:53pm On Jul 29, 2013
The fear of being judged. Sad the pope cant stand up for what is clearly stated in the bible...... well he is not jesus so everyone can look beyond what the pope has said and uphold true faith even when the "leaders" keep stumbling.
Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by Nobody: 9:54pm On Jul 29, 2013
khattab02: AND who told u they dont criticise and condem such acts.Such acts are unislamist and will never be part of Islam even though they can make claims all in the Name of Allah(supreme lord of the heavens and earth and all that is btw them) Qur'an 5:32 says''if any one kill any human being unjustly it is as if he has killed the whole mankind and If any one save any life it is as if he has saved the whole mankind'' clearly the Qur'an condems such acts and I do not find a similar verse in any other religious SCRIPTURES OF THE WORLD.
Do Boko Haram kill unjustlyg? just asking.
Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by Nobody: 9:55pm On Jul 29, 2013
trolling: yeah right she's chilling in heaven there only 24 Elders in heaven with God and His angels so tell that liar to your christain folk,if homosexuality is the same as fornication then why did Paul say theyve earned themself damanation,abeg park well make i see road
I no dey your lane o, why you enter my lane? Na you suppose park well. All sinners have earned themselves damnation or whatever you call it, not only gays. I bet Paul is not one of the 24 elders and the angels. So where is he? Hanging in the air or something? No enter my lane again o
Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by khattab02: 9:58pm On Jul 29, 2013
Hezron Lorraine: When will some of you stop believing all this widepread misconceptions of the holy scriptures.
First,the many generalization here is:God destroy Sodom and Gommorah because of homosexuality.
Go back to your bible and read it again.
This time with an unbiased mind.

Many of you know little or nothing about homosexuality and gay people so u assume a lot by using what you read on tabloids to measure opinion against homosexuality.

I've read times and again true confessions of catholics and some christian envagelicals who usually conduct conversion therapy and ex-gay classes,saying they know how well what they do,doesn't work.how it instead of helping makes the person's life more miserable and unstable.

Ignorant homophobes and christian fanatics are always ready to lead gays to the stake and burn them alive.you usually forget,Gays and Lesbians are part of the world.If God truely destroyed S&G cause of homosexuality,there shouldn't be gays in the world.

Moreover oppression and destruction of a particular people doesn't change the challenges on ground.Anti-gay laws exist around the globe,has it reduced gays no.

I still ask the question.
What exactly is the threat Gay Rights,Freedom and Marriage Pose to any well meaning Heterosexual?

They keep failing this question but hold unto their clubs,well.
Jesus lived with all,the men who called sinners sinners,hold the highest attrocities ever.

Another set of gullible people I know are winners members,except Bishop says it,every other person is wrong.that has been the case of the catholics for years,now thy are jaw-dropped.I'm very desperate to listen to Bishop David Oyedepo teach us on sunday where christianity stands with homosexuality.
Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by Nobody: 9:58pm On Jul 29, 2013
JIGHU: No ....Roman Catholics is losing it
And what have you lose? Absolutely nothing.
Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by nagoma(m): 9:59pm On Jul 29, 2013
The religion of anything goes. We should not discriminate , but is homosexuality still a sin or is it no longer a sin according to the Christian religion?
Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by Nobody: 10:00pm On Jul 29, 2013
undecided sori I can't learn 4rm 1 who can't speak or write well wink
elampiro:

You are there and you won't asked to know or gained knowledge. Why is it that since Pope Francis took over it has been from one controversial gesture to another and from on controversial statement to the other? Or are you not observant? [b][/b]
Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by trolling(m): 10:01pm On Jul 29, 2013
Baybe: I no dey your lane o, why you enter my lane? Na you suppose park well. All sinners have earned themselves damnation or whatever you call it, not only gays. I bet Paul is not one of the 24 elders and the angels. So where is he? Hanging in the air or something? No enter my lane again o
that doesnt apply to me sha because the law wasnt created for the righteous but for the lawless and we the Virgin Bride of Christ are without fault before His throne, so sinners yall better repent that is if you were appointed to repentance....and Paul is not part of the 24 Elders,it takes the Elect to know the 24 Elders not christians, i just checked your profile make i leave you alone you are more like my junior sister dont wanna go hard on you take care cool
Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by afoobiggy700(m): 10:02pm On Jul 29, 2013
If its a muslim cleric that says this kind of rubbish words many of you will have been condemning ISLAM, either u like it or nt the LIGHT of islam will still be shining............
Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by obi123: 10:06pm On Jul 29, 2013
Syncan:

Exactly. The church never teaches discrimination against them, She rather sees their act as a grave disorder, yet She encourages them to seek the face of the lord, whose grace can make all things good. Yea its unfortunate when someone finds his or her sexual taste biased in that manner, the church sympathises with such a one, but calls him or her to a higher spiritual effort. The pope however, in line with the church, frowns at any propagation of a disorder as if it is right. This is what the lobbyists do.

syncan , may your way never be narrow
Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by Okeikpu(m): 10:07pm On Jul 29, 2013
peppy luv: cheesy :Dyea they smile while usin d money for countless charity! While u remain in poverty! And ur wicked materialistic pastors ride in jets! undecided hypocrisy of d highest order
you guys r the reason y white pple sees us as monkeys.... Vatican slaves defending their master... Ndi ara!
Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by khattab02: 10:12pm On Jul 29, 2013
Chukskalidon:
Do Boko Haram kill unjustlyg? just asking.
Of course u know that .YES.bcoz there is no where in the Qur'an or the Authentic Ahadith that says u should bomb churches and kill people innocentling.
Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by Nobody: 10:13pm On Jul 29, 2013
trolling: that doesnt apply to me sha because the law wasnt created for the righteous but for the lawless and we the Virgin Bride of Christ are without fault before His throne, so sinners yall better repent that is if you were appointed to repentance....and Paul is not part of the 24 Elders,it takes the Elect to know the 24 Elders not christians, i just checked your profile make i leave you alone you are more like my junior sister dont wanna go hard on you take care cool
Just incase u dey daft...
Read the following...

Pope Francis: who am I to judge gay people?

who am I to judge gay people?

Pope Francis: who am I to judge gay people?

Better still;

Who are you to judge him?
What makes you any better than a gay person, if you keep insulting your own reasoning?

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by Nobody: 10:13pm On Jul 29, 2013
trolling: that doesnt apply to me sha because the law wasnt created for the righteous but for the lawless and we the Virgin Bride of Christ are without fault before His throne, so sinners yall better repent that is if you were appointed to repentance....and Paul is not part of the 24 Elders,it takes the Elect to know the 24 Elders not christians, i just checked your profile make i leave you alone you are more like my junior sister dont wanna go hard on you take care cool
Like seriously? So you are free of sin....So God created some people who are already damned even without giving them the opportunity to find Him and serve Him? Some people are appointed to repent and go to heaven while others are not appointed and must go to hell? I just dey laugh. Virgin bride of Christ indeed.
Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by Nobody: 10:15pm On Jul 29, 2013
Shining in HELL undecided
afoobiggy700: If its a muslim cleric that says this kind of rubbish words many of you will have been condemning ISLAM, either u like it or nt the LIGHT of islam will still be shining............

Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by obi123: 10:15pm On Jul 29, 2013
obailala:
No... Nobody is loosing anything except lots of Nigerians who have zero ability to comprehend simple reports.

Hate the sin but not the sinner... that's the bible's stand... I wonder what is so difficult to understand in that..

Very soon in our traditional hypocrisy, Nigerians would soon advocate for stoning of adulterers..
undecided undecided

you are very correct , you cannot hate a sinner but then turn around and scream love thy neighbour as yourself.
Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by lirusehn(m): 10:15pm On Jul 29, 2013
Baybe: Why do people like reading stupid meanings into something very simple? The Pope is not in any way saying that homosexuality is right or something. He only said that he can't judge them, that is what the Bible says anyway. He said he is willing to accept them if they repent and seek the goodwill of God. Nobody is free of sin. Only he that is free of sin should jugde people and IMO that person is God and not all these Nairaland hypocrites that'll sleep with all the love peddlers around and still be the first to condemn gays like homosexuality is now a bigger sin than fornication. Sleeping with your boyfriend/girlfriend not your husband/wife is a sin as homosexuality is a sin. No sin is bigger than the other. Remember Mary Magdalene? She was a prostitute! She is chilling in heaven now. Remember the adulterous woman? Remember what Jesus said? 'Let he that is without sin cast the first stone'. Remember what Jesus said to the Pharisees when they said He was dining with sinners? Jesus came for the sinners. Condemn the sin not the sinner! that is what the Pope said!
u ar ryt gurl. Leave dem mey dem dey bark.
Re: Pope Francis: Who Am I To Judge Gay People? by Nobody: 10:17pm On Jul 29, 2013

You are a virgin bride of Jesus? Means both you and your master are gay. No one is judging you for that, but you do sound insane tho.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (17) (Reply)

Masquerade Pictured Holding A Bible And Crucifix / Pastor's Lover Dies During Abortion In Kaduna State / How My Cook Tried To Poison Me – Fr Mbaka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.