Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,117 members, 7,907,063 topics. Date: Wednesday, 31 July 2024 at 10:21 PM

Christians! Stop Majoring On Minors. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians! Stop Majoring On Minors. (674 Views)

Nigerian Christians Stop Praying / Please, Can Christians Stop Twisting The Bible? Isnt That The Job Of Atheists? / Hypocritical Christians: Stop Whinning ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christians! Stop Majoring On Minors. by olumyde(m): 2:12pm On Jul 29, 2013
The rate at which we christians get at each other is really disheartening. Going through nairaland's religion section sometimes is like passing through a war zone. The thing is that we can not all agree or disagree on all issues. On some threads,two people who usually vehemently disagree, will agree and be buddies. Move to d next thread and you'll see them fighting like cats and dogs again. Some people just want to argue or show that they have superior spiritual knowledge, not that they want to edify the body of Christ. Most of the issues we fight over will not even determine whether we'll inherit eternal life or eternal punishment at last. Many of us who come to prove biblical scholars on NL are severely lacking in the area of evangelizing and preaching the gospel of Jesus Christ to unbelievers, all we do is fault churches, fault pastors, fault other believers, etc. We must change this attitude. Even if you have something to say to edify the body of Christ, state it in a non-offensive way. If someone replies you offensively, try to calm the person down, and post gracefully. There are so many unbelievers on NL, we should be thinking of how to reach out to them. I know my post may not get front page cos its not controversial, but i hope it will bless the few ppl that come across it. May the grace of our Lord Jesus, the love of God, and the sweet fellowship of the HolySpirit be with us all.
Re: Christians! Stop Majoring On Minors. by Nobody: 2:22pm On Jul 29, 2013
Hi Olu,

You have spoken well but the truth is that some persons love to quarrel. They even go out of their way to look for it as if they will fall sick if they don't get it.

1 Like

Re: Christians! Stop Majoring On Minors. by FearGodAndLive: 2:58pm On Jul 29, 2013
In my short time here, I have noticed most of what the OP has noted. Nothing more needs to be added, but I would like to make a slight correction.
The notion that you can make believers out of unbelievers on here is false. The so called atheists are not seekers but rather detractors. It would be foolhardy for anyone to waste a minute, or even a second, trying to convince them.
My advise is that Christians inspire to create threads that unite the body of Christ rather than divide it. Even the disciples surely quibbled a few times but this was all done in love. We should not seek to destroy but rather build. Granted, we're all humans. That should remind us all we are susceptible to mistakes. Let's live as one body.
God bless you all.

1 Like

Re: Christians! Stop Majoring On Minors. by alexleo(m): 7:24pm On Jul 29, 2013
olumyde: The rate at which we christians get at each other is really disheartening. Going through nairaland's religion section sometimes is like passing through a war zone. The thing is that we can not all agree or disagree on all issues. On some threads,two people who usually vehemently disagree, will agree and be buddies. Move to d next thread and you'll see them fighting like cats and dogs again. Some people just want to argue or show that they have superior spiritual knowledge, not that they want to edify the body of Christ. Most of the issues we fight over will not even determine whether we'll inherit eternal life or eternal punishment at last. Many of us who come to prove biblical scholars on NL are severely lacking in the area of evangelizing and preaching the gospel of Jesus Christ to unbelievers, all we do is fault churches, fault pastors, fault other believers, etc. We must change this attitude. Even if you have something to say to edify the body of Christ, state it in a non-offensive way. If someone replies you offensively, try to calm the person down, and post gracefully. There are so many unbelievers on NL, we should be thinking of how to reach out to them. I know my post may not get front page cos its not controversial, but i hope it will bless the few ppl that come across it. May the grace of our Lord Jesus, the love of God, and the sweet fellowship of the HolySpirit be with us all.

God bless you my dear. I was toeing that path of abuse and quarell here before but God helped me to realise how the devil is using that to deny us of what we should be benefiting here. I had to quit the ugly path and am very much ok with discussing friendly and with love. Any discussion here that I can't do with love is not worth doing.

1 Like

Re: Christians! Stop Majoring On Minors. by superior1: 8:37pm On Jul 29, 2013
@OP, good points what reflecting on

1 Like

Re: Christians! Stop Majoring On Minors. by olumyde(m): 8:55pm On Jul 29, 2013
FearGodAndLive:
The notion that you can make believers out of unbelievers on here is false. The so called atheists are not seekers but rather detractors. It would be foolhardy for anyone to waste a minute, or even a second, trying to convince them.
Noted. We shouldn't be aggressive in convincing them. We only have the responsibility of stating the truth in clear terms. Its their choice to believe or not. "Go ye into the world and preach the gospel"
Re: Christians! Stop Majoring On Minors. by enilove(m): 9:58pm On Jul 29, 2013
olumyde: The rate at which we christians get at each other is really disheartening. Going through nairaland's religion section sometimes is like passing through a war zone. The thing is that we can not all agree or disagree on all issues. On some threads,two people who usually vehemently disagree, will agree and be buddies. Move to d next thread and you'll see them fighting like cats and dogs again. Some people just want to argue or show that they have superior spiritual knowledge, not that they want to edify the body of Christ. Most of the issues we fight over will not even determine whether we'll inherit eternal life or eternal punishment at last. Many of us who come to prove biblical scholars on NL are severely lacking in the area of evangelizing and preaching the gospel of Jesus Christ to unbelievers, all we do is fault churches, fault pastors, fault other believers, etc. We must change this attitude. Even if you have something to say to edify the body of Christ, state it in a non-offensive way. If someone replies you offensively, try to calm the person down, and post gracefully. There are so many unbelievers on NL, we should be thinking of how to reach out to them. I know my post may not get front page cos its not controversial, but i hope it will bless the few ppl that come across it. May the grace of our Lord Jesus, the love of God, and the sweet fellowship of the HolySpirit be with us all.

The above message is known as "THOU SHALL KNOW THE TRUTH AND THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE".

We need to post messages that Jesus Christ will be proud of, not thread that makes the devil happy.

God bless you. More annointing to you in Jesus' name.
Re: Christians! Stop Majoring On Minors. by hackwi(m): 12:50am On Jul 30, 2013
I see maturity in the body of Christ now. We are the light of the world. Without us the world is darkness. We are the salt of the earth. Without us the world is unseasoned.
Re: Christians! Stop Majoring On Minors. by olumyde(m): 8:10am On Jul 30, 2013
enilove:

The above message is known as "THOU SHALL KNOW THE TRUTH AND THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE".

We need to post messages that Jesus Christ will be proud of, not thread that makes the devil happy.

God bless you. More annointing to you in Jesus' name.
Amen. Thanks
Re: Christians! Stop Majoring On Minors. by olumyde(m): 8:13am On Jul 30, 2013
hackwi: I see maturity in the body of Christ now. We are the
light of the world. Without us the world is darkness. We are the salt of the earth. Without us the world is unseasoned.
Yes. The above msg can be expanded on and be presented as a thread. This is d type of msg we need.

(1) (Reply)

Why Are Christians Supporting Gays/gay Marriage? / No Condition Is Permanent True Love Still Exist (read This And Comment) / The LEVERAGE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.