Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,568 members, 7,972,137 topics. Date: Friday, 11 October 2024 at 02:32 AM

Chidi Lloyd Charged With Attempted Murder By Police - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chidi Lloyd Charged With Attempted Murder By Police (16715 Views)

Chidi Lloyd's Plans To Flee Foiled By Police / Chidi Lloyd Detained By Police In Rivers / Chidi Lloyd Declared Wanted By Police (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chidi Lloyd Charged With Attempted Murder By Police by MrAboki: 10:57am On Jul 30, 2013
theoctopus: To prove motive in court, all you need do is show an event prior to the act that proves the offender had a reason to do what he did. That is all you need to do. A jury for example does not need to go searching wikipedia like you to understand these rudiments. You are clueless.

Yeah!!

So how can you prove that his intent was to KILL and no to just Beat him to a pulp?!

You are thick..
Re: Chidi Lloyd Charged With Attempted Murder By Police by theoctopus: 11:00am On Jul 30, 2013
Mr Aboki:

Yeah!!

So how can you prove that his intent was to KILL and no to just Beat him to a pulp?!

You are thick..

You dont need to prove his intent was to kill. Go back and read my posts again. The next thing you have to prove is that the act was capable of causing death. Please stick to your day job. You are clueless
Re: Chidi Lloyd Charged With Attempted Murder By Police by theoctopus: 11:02am On Jul 30, 2013
theoctopus: To prove motive in court, all you need do is show an event prior to the act that proves the offender had a reason to do what he did. That is all you need to do. A jury for example does not need to go searching wikipedia like you to understand these rudiments. You are clueless. You guys are even helping to provide that motive with your claim that Chinda attacked him earlier. He has also helped to provide motive by claiming he was attacked and ended up in the hospital before he came back to the chamber to attack Chinda. That is why I found it funny when some of you kept claiming he was attacked first. what you didnt realise is that you were all providing a proof of motive
Re: Chidi Lloyd Charged With Attempted Murder By Police by Mybox(m): 11:06am On Jul 30, 2013
Let police leave d young man alone, afterall is two fightn. Wot about d new minority elected speaker "Evans Bipi" who was incanating with curt languages, does it mean police wil nt call him 4 interogatn?
Re: Chidi Lloyd Charged With Attempted Murder By Police by deletrue: 11:09am On Jul 30, 2013
dirifred: what a dumb question, are you ok at all?
What i do when a new issue is published, is dependent on the issue. If the issue is highly controversal and I know will extend to 4 or more pages, I just go straight to read from pages three. It is from that point you can get advanced and sensible analysis. On the other hand, if you want to laugh and come across threads that are not matured in nature and nigerians that lacked correct upbringing, then you can read through from page one.
Like the one you responded, you can reasons how he grew up.
Re: Chidi Lloyd Charged With Attempted Murder By Police by dejust(m): 11:12am On Jul 30, 2013
Believe it or not Chidi Lloyd's political career is hanging on balance and believe me he is disappearing from political reliance.
Re: Chidi Lloyd Charged With Attempted Murder By Police by MrAboki: 11:12am On Jul 30, 2013
theoctopus:

You dont need to prove his intent was to kill. Go back and read my posts again. The next thing you have to prove is that the act was capable of causing death. Please stick to your day job. You are clueless

Now this is just down right stupiid..

All we have to prove is that the act is capable of causing death?! I'm sorry hommie, but you are a slowpoke with regards to Legal matters. No disrespect meant here, just stating a pure fact!

Now!! based on your comment;

1. A slap is capable of causing death. A knock on the head is capable of causing death. A punch is capable of causing death. Giving groundnuts to a person allergic to groundnut can cause death. Shiiiiit! My Aunty died in the middle of a verbal quarrel with a person from Hypertension (Meaning shouting at a person with High B can cause their death).

SO!!! Two young men full of testosterone that were fighting and in the process, one punches the other in the head which then causes death.. Can we comfortably charge him with MURDER?

hahahahahaaaa.. Dude you need to stop! You are embarassing yourself.

1 Like

Re: Chidi Lloyd Charged With Attempted Murder By Police by enigmang: 11:16am On Jul 30, 2013
Mr Aboki:

All we have to prove is that the act is capable of causing death?! I'm sorry hommie, but you are a slowpoke with regards to Legal matters. No disrespect meant here, just stating a pure fact!

1. A slap is capable of causing death. A knock on the head is capable of causing death. A punch is capable of causing death. Giving groundnuts to a person allergic to groundnut can cause death. Shiiiiit! My Aunty died in the middle of a verbal quarrel with a person from Hypertension (Meaning shouting at a person with High B can cause their death).

SO!!! Two young men full of testosterone that were fighting and in the process, one punches the other in the head which then causes death.. Can we comfortably charge him with MURDER?

Off course manslaughter !!
Re: Chidi Lloyd Charged With Attempted Murder By Police by MrAboki: 11:18am On Jul 30, 2013
enigmang:

Off course manslaughter !!

And the only reason why he will be charged with manslaughter and not murder is because of the lack of 'Intent' to kill a.k.a MENS REA!!!!

SHIKINA!!!!

1 Like

Re: Chidi Lloyd Charged With Attempted Murder By Police by theoctopus: 11:20am On Jul 30, 2013
Mr Aboki:

Though is sounds silly to respond to the above, I will still respond for record purposes. A slap is not capable of causing death. Neither is a punch capable of causing death except you can prove the person was hit in a very dangerous place like his private part or if the attacker is a trained professional like a black belt holder or a trained combatant! A mace is capable of causing death. You are sounding more silly with every post. Leave it alone. I am even helping to break it down for you, that is why you notice I have not been using legal terms. I want people reading it to be able to follow.

1 Like

Re: Chidi Lloyd Charged With Attempted Murder By Police by theoctopus: 11:25am On Jul 30, 2013
dejust: Believe it or not Chidi Lloyd's political career is hanging on balance and believe me he is disappearing from political reliance.

His political career is finished. He is fighting for his life now
Re: Chidi Lloyd Charged With Attempted Murder By Police by MrAboki: 11:33am On Jul 30, 2013
theoctopus:

Though is sounds silly to respond to the above, I will still respond for record purposes. A slap is not capable of causing death. Neither is a punch capable of causing death except you can prove the person was hit in a very dangerous place like his private part or if the attacker is a trained professional like a black belt holder or a trained combatant! A mace is capable of causing death. You are sounding more silly with every post. Leave it alone. I am even helping to break it down for you, that is why you notice I have not been using legal terms. I want people reading it to be able to follow.

Re: Chidi Lloyd Charged With Attempted Murder By Police by theoctopus: 11:37am On Jul 30, 2013
How ignorant can you get. Because a newspaper used that as their article title, does that mean the cause of death was the slap? You are just getting more ridiculous with every post. seriously dud? Do you even understand why autopsies are conducted? jeez!

Do you actually think this your newspaper report can be presented in a court of law to prove that slap was the cause of death? You are hillarious!

1 Like

Re: Chidi Lloyd Charged With Attempted Murder By Police by MrAboki: 11:42am On Jul 30, 2013
theoctopus: How ignorant can you get. Because a newspaper used that as their article title, does that mean the cause of death was the slap? You are just getting more ridiculous with every post. seriously dud? Do you even understand why autopsies are conducted? jeez!

[b]
A 22-year-old woman allegedly killed an aspiring rap singer with a single punch for a $5 party bet.

Tiffany Startz is accused of killing John 'Fatboy' Powell with a single blow to the face and has been told she has to stand trial.]
The 25-year-old had agreed to be hit in the face by Starr in return for $5.
Bet: Tiffany Startz, 22, is accused of killing aspiring rap singer John Powell, 25, with a single blow to the face after he agreed to be hit in the face in return for $5

After being struck and collecting his money he walked away to talk with friends, only to collapse minutes later from a burst artery in his neck.

Game: Jimmy Mounts, pictured, had been offering partygoers $5 to take a punch from a female
An autopsy ruled that he had died from a brain haemorrhage caused by blunt force trauma.

[size=20pt]Startz, who is 5'5" and weighs 142lbs, was charged with reckless conduct and battery charges stemming from the incident last September in Joliet, Illinois.[/size]
Court records revealed that other party-goers gave differing accounts of how Powell suffered his fatal injury with some saying he tripped and hit his head.
Another said he had jumped up and hit his head while performing.
But these were cover-up stories to protect Startz and Jimmy Mounts who had been offering partygoers $5 to take a punch from a female.
A lawyer for Startz had asked Will County Judge Edward Burmila to dismiss the charges as Powell had agreed to be punched in return for $5.
Ira Goldstein said: 'People get paid to get hit.'
Powell was at the party to perform with his rap band Krazy Killaz.
Mounts, 27, who offered guests cash to take a punch from Startz, also faces charges of reckless conduct.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1392113/Aspiring-rapper-John-Powell-killed-Tiffany-Startzs-single-punch-5-party-bet.html#ixzz2aWYtKVUW
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook[/b]

Re: Chidi Lloyd Charged With Attempted Murder By Police by theoctopus: 11:43am On Jul 30, 2013
I do admire the way you are ransacking Google and Wikipedia to bail yourself out of the mud. Am enjoying it seriously.
Re: Chidi Lloyd Charged With Attempted Murder By Police by theoctopus: 11:45am On Jul 30, 2013
theoctopus:

Please read again if you missed it before!

Neither is a punch capable of causing death except you can prove the person was hit in a very dangerous place like his private part or if the attacker is a trained professional like a black belt holder or a trained combatant!
Re: Chidi Lloyd Charged With Attempted Murder By Police by MrAboki: 11:52am On Jul 30, 2013
theoctopus:

Slaps and punches can only cause death if the person is either;

1. A trained combatant

2. A black belter.

Your words, not mine..

Family of Utah soccer referee who died after punch from player holds vigil
Published May 06, 2013

Associated Press

The oldest daughter of the Utah soccer referee who died Saturday a week after a teenage player punched him in the head hopes to forgive the young man who did it -- but not yet.

"I will, but not today; it's too soon," said Johana Portillo, 26, speaking Sunday night at a vigil to honor her father, Ricardo Portillo. "He was a father, he was a friend, he was a grandfather; he left a whole family behind. They should think before they do something stupid."

Police have accused a 17-year-old player in a recreational soccer league of punching Ricardo Portillo, 46, after he called a foul on him and issued him a yellow card.

Portillo died Saturday night after a week in a coma.

Nearly 100 family and friends gathered at a candlelight vigil Sunday night on the front lawn of the Salt Lake City home of Ricardo Portillo. Wearing white shirts and holding signs that read, "In loving memory of Ricky," family and friends stood around a table that had a picture of Portillo raising his arms in victory, with flowers and candles surrounding it.

The suspect, whose name is withheld because he's a minor, has been booked into juvenile detention on suspicion of aggravated assault. Authorities will consider additional charges since Portillo has passed away. An autopsy is planned. No cause of death was released.

Johana Portillo said Sunday she doesn't care what punishment the teenager gets -- saying nothing will bring her father back.

"When he did that, he took a part of me with him," she said, crying. "He took my daddy away from me."

She added: "I feel sorry for him. I feel for his family. But if he was old enough to do what he did, then he's responsible to pay for it."

Pedro Lopez, his brother-in-law and a fellow soccer referee, said the teenager made a mistake and isn't solely to blame. He said he's been involved in soccer his entire life, playing and refereeing, and seen a troubling trend emerge.

"It's not the ignorance of the child, it's the poor manners of the parents," said Lopez in Spanish, who played soccer professionally. "The yells and insults from the sideline from the parents make kids more violent."

Lopez, Johana Portillo and youth soccer coach James Yapias called on athletes around the world to hold their tempers in check so another family doesn't have to suffer -- and to bring something positive from Ricardo Portillo's death.

Yapias, a longtime friend of Ricardo Portillo coach in the same league, said coaches and parents need to do a better job teaching children about sportsmanship and being non-violent. He also called for more police presence at games. Portillo's death is a reminder that life can change in a second, he said.

"We all love this sport," Yapias said. "But we all need to respect the rules."

Johana Portillo said she hopes her father's death leads to more security at sporting events and better self-control from players. She said her father had been attacked by players twice before in his eight years refereeing soccer matches -- even having his ribs and legs broken.

Lopez said players need to respect referees and remember it's a sport meant to relieve stress -- not cause pain.

"Remember that we are human beings, and we make mistakes," Lopez said in Spanish. "Don't take justice into your own hands."

The former professional soccer player said he plans to continue working as a referee. He said leaving it behind would be abandoning his passion. He said he'll do so remembering Ricardo Portillo.

Ricardo Portillo's daughters had begged him to stop refereeing in a soccer league because of the growing risk of violence from angry players. But, like Lopez, Portillo told his daughters he couldn't quit.

"It was his passion," she said. "We could not tell him no."

Now his three daughters are faced with planning his funeral after he succumbed to injuries late Saturday that had put him in a coma for a week since teenager goalie punched him in the head.

Accounts from a police report, Portillo's daughter and others offer further detail what occurred.

The teenager was playing goalie during a game at Eisenhower Junior High School in Taylorsville when Portillo issued him a yellow card for pushing an opposing forward trying to score. In soccer, a yellow card is given as a warning to a player for an egregious violation of the rules. Two yellow cards lead to a red card and expulsion from the game.

The teenager, quite a bit heavier than Portillo, began arguing with the referee, then punched him in the face. Portillo seemed fine at first, then asked to be held because he felt dizzy. He sat down and started vomiting blood, triggering his friend to call an ambulance.

When police arrived around noon, the teenager was gone and Portillo was laying on the ground in the fetal position. Through translators, Portillo told emergency workers that his face and back hurt and he felt nauseous. He had no visible injuries and remained conscious. He was considered to be in fair condition when they took him to the Intermountain Medical Center.

But when Portillo arrived to the hospital, he slipped into a coma with swelling in his brain. Johana Portillo called detectives to let them know his condition had worsened.

That's when detectives intensified their search for the goalie. By Saturday evening, the teenager's father agreed to bring him down to speak with police.

Johana Portillo said she last spoke to him that night before he fell into a coma. She grabbed his hand and told him he was going to be all right. He held her hand tightly and said, "no." Within seconds, doctors ushered her out of the room and he lost consciousness.

She said Sunday night, with tears streaming down her face, that her father will always be in her heart.

"It's going to be very difficult," she said. "But I know he's going to help us from heaven."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/05/06/family-utah-soccer-referee-who-died-after-punch-from-player-holds-vigil/#ixzz2aWaqpStn

A 17 year old junior 'REACREATIONAL SOCCER PLAYER'.. Not a black belter, not a TRAINED PROFESSIONAL KILLER.. Just a child playing soccer..

Please I desparately await your rebuttal..
Re: Chidi Lloyd Charged With Attempted Murder By Police by ajibsca: 11:53am On Jul 30, 2013
Ok ... The apako master... Make he go dey nack dem for inside cell.

1 Like

Re: Chidi Lloyd Charged With Attempted Murder By Police by kolado(m): 11:53am On Jul 30, 2013
Hahaha i can't help laughing when i see some people using emotion rather than law to judge crime. I have been following posts frm beginning and i saw craps as well as commonsensical legal positions proffered. Intent to kill(mens rea) is the most important ingredients in a murder case. Assault can easily be proved in Chidi Llyod's case in that murder case is just an escape mechanism. Conspiracy?! A man cannot conspire with himself. Law sweet o o layman go jxt dey gawk!

2 Likes

Re: Chidi Lloyd Charged With Attempted Murder By Police by theoctopus: 11:58am On Jul 30, 2013
Dud, this is how the court works.

If I slap you and you die, an autopsy will have to be conducted to find out the cause of death because a slap cannot be the cause of death. Obviously, the cause of death will be found. The best you can get in that case is man slaughter.

If I punch you, the same thing will happen except the prosecution can prove that, you were hit is a place in your body that can lead to death or if you are a trained combatant. That is why you have what is called human weapons and military personnel are banned from fighting except as self defense. If a trained military personnel attacks a civilian and kills him and it isnt in self defense, then he will be charged for murder.

An object, like a mace, it capable of causing death and if used during a fight, except you can prove it was in self defense, you can be charged for attempted murder or murder.
Re: Chidi Lloyd Charged With Attempted Murder By Police by theoctopus: 12:02pm On Jul 30, 2013
The following is from your own post above. What rebuttal do I need to provide again? You have provided your own rebuttal. hahahahaha!

The suspect, whose name is withheld because he's a minor, has been booked into juvenile detention on suspicion of aggravated assault. Authorities will consider additional charges since Portillo has passed away. An autopsy is planned. No cause of death was released

You are very funny dud!
Re: Chidi Lloyd Charged With Attempted Murder By Police by MrAboki: 12:04pm On Jul 30, 2013
theoctopus: Dud, this is how the court works.

If I slap you and you die, an autopsy will have to be conducted to find out the cause of death because a slap cannot be the cause of death. Obviously, the cause of death will be found. The best you can get in that case is man slaughter.

If I punch you, the same thing will happen except the prosecution can prove that, you were hit is a place in your body that can lead to death or if you are a trained combatant. That is why you have what is called human weapons and military personnel are banned from fighting except as self defense. If a trained military personnel attacks a civilian and kills him and it isnt in self defense, then he will be charged for murder.

An object, like a mace, it capable of causing death and if used during a fight, except you can prove it was in self defense, you can be charged for attempted murder or murder.

Now you are outrightly irredeembale..

2 Likes

Re: Chidi Lloyd Charged With Attempted Murder By Police by theoctopus: 12:04pm On Jul 30, 2013
You see that picture up there dud? That is all you need to convict the man. Except the prosecution lawyers dont know what they are doing or just want to loose the case. It is too easy. I will do it for change. hahahahahaha!
Re: Chidi Lloyd Charged With Attempted Murder By Police by theoctopus: 12:07pm On Jul 30, 2013
Mr Aboki:

Now you are outrightly irredeembale..

but you actually supported me with your article. See below again

The suspect, whose name is withheld because he's a minor, has been booked into juvenile detention on suspicion of aggravated assault. Authorities will consider additional charges since Portillo has passed away. An autopsy is planned. No cause of death was released

They could have said the punch was the cause of death but they didnt. The reason is the article title is just a title to sell papers. But you have taken literarily and actuall think a law court will also do the same. You are clueless
Re: Chidi Lloyd Charged With Attempted Murder By Police by MrAboki: 12:11pm On Jul 30, 2013
Re: Chidi Lloyd Charged With Attempted Murder By Police by kolado(m): 12:16pm On Jul 30, 2013
Mr Aboki:

Im sure say na your type for don sentence Zimmerman to death for their palour.. grin

Yeah!! I lifeted the darn definition off of wikipedia, but that doesnt make it any less true. In law, cases are not solved based on 'emotions' but certain laid down laws.

Your real problem is a limited mindset.. Chack out this scenario;

Chidi lloyd rushes into that hall empty handed as he was, grabbed ihunwo, pins hin to the ground and rains down punches on his face and causes the exact same damage he did to ihunwo with the mace, would you still be shouting 'Attempted murder'?! I doubt it. Stop focusing on the mace my child.. Look at the broader picture..

Now if Chidi Lloyd had grabbed a stick from outside and walked into that hall with it and proceeded to attack Ihunwo with that stick, then you have a solid basis to claim 'Mens rea' and thus attempted murder based on the 'actus rea'.

If you cant prove intent, then you have no case for murder.
Wow, you've a sound legal application(IRAC).....Where do you school and what level?
Re: Chidi Lloyd Charged With Attempted Murder By Police by theoctopus: 12:16pm On Jul 30, 2013
kolado: Hahaha i can't help laughing when i see some people using emotion rather than law to judge crime. I have been following posts frm beginning and i saw craps as well as commonsensical legal positions proffered. Intent to kill(mens rea) is the most important ingredients in a murder case. Assault can easily be proved in Chidi Llyod's case in that murder case is just an escape mechanism. Conspiracy?! A man cannot conspire with himself. Law sweet o o layman go jxt dey gawk!

Chidi Llyod has provided the most damning proof of intent: revenge. When he keeps shouting he was attacked first, that is proof of revenge.

When 3 men hold down a man on the table and one man raises up a mace to the sky to bring it down on a defenseless person, that is proof of intent right there and that is also a blatant proof of conspiracy. All these aspiring lawyers on NL self. lol. Google and Wikipedia lawyers. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Chidi Lloyd Charged With Attempted Murder By Police by theoctopus: 12:19pm On Jul 30, 2013
What you are trying to do is sensationalise the argument and appear right to your readers. Posting videos and articles from newspapers does not rebut anything I have said. It is just playing to the gallery. It wont work
Re: Chidi Lloyd Charged With Attempted Murder By Police by MrAboki: 12:21pm On Jul 30, 2013
kolado: Wow, you've a sound legal application(IRAC).....Where do you school and what level?

Bros I be street Lawyer o!!

Learnt from my aunties, my mum, John Grisham, and now my mother in-la and my wife are both lawyers.. grin

I am an engineer.. But my alter ego is a 'wanna-be lawyer'.. grin
Re: Chidi Lloyd Charged With Attempted Murder By Police by MrAboki: 12:22pm On Jul 30, 2013
theoctopus:

Chidi Llyod has provided the most damning proof of intent: revenge. When he keeps shouting he was attacked first, that is proof of revenge.

When 3 men hold down a man on the table and one man raises up a mace to the sky to bring it down on a defenseless person, that is proof of intent right there and that is also a blatant proof of conspiracy. All these aspiring lawyers on NL self. lol. Google and Wikipedia lawyers. cheesy

Vengance is not 'intent to kill'... grin

hahahahahaaaaaa....
Re: Chidi Lloyd Charged With Attempted Murder By Police by theoctopus: 12:22pm On Jul 30, 2013
Mr Aboki:

Bros I be street Lawyer o!!

Learnt from my aunties, my mum, John Grisham, and now my mother in-la and my wife are both lawyers.. grin

I am an engineer.. But my alter ego is a 'wanna-be lawyer'.. grin

I knew you have no clue. Just posting Google search results and Wikipedia articles. That is what NL is all about. Ignoramus on rampage! hahahahaha. That is why it always took you like 30 minutes to respond to every of my post. You couldnt even filter the searches.
Re: Chidi Lloyd Charged With Attempted Murder By Police by MrAboki: 12:26pm On Jul 30, 2013
theoctopus:

I knew you have no clue. Just posting Google search results and Wikipedia articles. That is what NL is all about. Ignoramus on rampage! hahahahaha. That is why it always took you like 30 minutes to respond to every of my post. You couldnt even filter the searches.

Heheheheheeeeee..

I couldnt agree more.. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

FG To End Shady $70Million Yearly Ports Contracts / I Will Be A Governor With The Fear Of God, Dino Melaye Meets Religious Leaders / Pro-Biafra Coalition Cancels Southeast Sit-At-Home Protests Over Planned #endbad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.