Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,375 members, 7,881,344 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 05:20 PM

MTN Customer Care Thread - Phones (54) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN Customer Care Thread (578421 Views)

MTN Customer Care Whatsapp Numbers / Glo Customer Care Thread (unofficial) / Etisalat Customer Care Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (256) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 10:20am On Nov 20, 2013
neksummi: I got a notification that the number 33073 had received "my" message and N50 was deducted from my acct. The sms notification i got afterward read: "Thank you for using our service.vsfil.ytsix" Pls i didnt send any msg to 33073. This same problem happened some months ago& you resolved it here. Looking forward to ur quick resolution of this issue. My mobile: 080********. Thanks.

Simply text STOP to 4080 to unsubscribe.
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 10:22am On Nov 20, 2013
ganagagi: Sir pls help me whenever I have 100 naira or above in my line mtn will take away 100 without any massage to me and I don't know what they are taking my money for it has reach six times now in 30 days that they are doing it to me.so how do I stop it

I apologize for any inconvenience. Please send your phone number to me via private message and state a specific date/time to enable me verify this.
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 10:24am On Nov 20, 2013
Iykecollins: Please I have not been able to recharge my phone and check my account balance, they are always telling me that the request I made is unavailable that I should please load airtime with VTU or call 180, I have not tried vtu but when I use 180, when it gets to the point of telling me my account balance or recharge is successful, it will just mute and another voice will take over. Please help me resolve my number is 0806******

Apologies. We will contact you shortly.
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by Iykecollins(m): 10:50am On Nov 20, 2013
JideSM:

Apologies. We will contact you shortly.
The ish keeps repeating itself keeps telling me 'the operation you requested is unavailable. Please bear with us. You can recharge your phone by dialing 181 or via ATM and VTU channels' and when using the USS CODE it tells me 'sorry the prepaid operation you are trying to perform was not succesful. Thank you! I have tried this severally and even on a different phone. Thanks for the call
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 11:16am On Nov 20, 2013
Iykecollins:
The ish keeps repeating itself keeps telling me 'the operation you requested is unavailable. Please bear with us. You can recharge your phone by dialing 181 or via ATM and VTU channels' and when using the USS CODE it tells me 'sorry the prepaid operation you are trying to perform was not succesful. Thank you! I have tried this severally and even on a different phone. Thanks for the call

Apologies fr the inconvenience. The issue is receiving attention, we'll keep you updated.
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by UyiIredia(m): 11:20am On Nov 20, 2013
@ JideSM: I have a challenge with MTN deducting fromy my credit balance after I have subscribed to a BB plan and whilst browsing. Because of this I hardly load credit when on a BB plan. Also I want to sort out my MTN security no. I have gotten 3 times and failed to activate it (if I'm supposed to). Please just tell me how the no. works once you've got it. I know its use.
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by UyiIredia(m): 11:27am On Nov 20, 2013
@ JideSM: I would also like you to confirm if the messages I and presumably other MTN customers receive are geniune and from MTN. To be candid some seem dubious like one for subscription to a life insurance package via MTN. Also is it possible to modify my personal details used in SIM registration ? It appears my name was misspelt and I dislike that.
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by Idrismusty97(m): 12:53pm On Nov 20, 2013
JideSM:

Y'ello Idris, did you get the sms afterward?
If you did, may I know the content?
We haven't received any important sms as such.The sms we receive is the Toyota promo and i don't think that is "the message of high importance" or is it?
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by Nobody: 1:59pm On Nov 20, 2013
I accidentally dialed *408# i think It's cnn news subscription, i've switched back to ipulse, i hope i won't have any problem with airtime getting deducted after one week because of the cnn subscription? And i was automatically registered to caller tunes, please tell me how to opt out, mtn is too tricky to be trusted.
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by Rexyl(m): 3:23pm On Nov 20, 2013
Thanks. The unnecessary messages have stopped. Pls I need the free mb, ogas on top

1 Like

Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by Iykecollins(m): 3:36pm On Nov 20, 2013
JideSM:

Apologies fr the inconvenience. The issue is receiving attention, we'll keep you updated.
Issues resolved! Thank you!!

1 Like

Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by Castos(m): 6:55pm On Nov 20, 2013
MTN I always load card subscribe but for one day you guys have never given me any free mb to make me happy.
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by Mcbussy(m): 6:59pm On Nov 20, 2013
Castos: MTN I always load card subscribe but for one day you guys have never given me any free mb to make me happy.

Lmaocheesy ....port to Tmobile grin
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by ygslex(m): 8:33pm On Nov 20, 2013
Pls, am having problems with mtnplay. Sending me messages(mHEALTH) I don't need and cutting my money everyday. Pls help @JideSM and @tayoccu.
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by fbabs(m): 10:25pm On Nov 20, 2013
tayoccu:
Sir this thread was created as a medium for our customers to reach us so we can resolve any issue they have, we also introduced the MTN SECURITY NUMBER, which is a 16 digit number that allows our customers access to our web self service portal (https://selfservice.mtnonline.com/), where our customers can resolve certain queries eg PUK retreival, sim swap, data bundle purchasing etc by themselves.
All you have to do to get your security number is to give us a call, and answer a couple of security queations and your security number will be sent to you.
N.B: the free browsing tweeks are illegal, and people distrubuting them are liable to legal action.
Oletayo , deducting our money without any justification is illegal too besides common sense shld tell U dat. See dis pathological liar o, how many issues av U resolved ? Just swallow dis bitter pill but don't let it be suicidal cos D thieves at the top still need ur experience.
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by kgs911(m): 8:20am On Nov 21, 2013
Jide or Tayoccu, please help me out. Yesterday btw 8-9am i recharged my acct and after that i tried to transfer the credit(#100) into another line cos if i leave it on my line while browsin, they will be deductin d money instead of d m.b given to me(i ve reported this issue before via call to the customer care bt they didnt do anythin about it). So, after d transfer i received a reply: service unavailable. Then i tried it again and d reply was: i cant top up d number(recipient) cos its already on an open transaction. But d money was nt transfered to d recipient line and my line was debited to #0. So where is my credit? I cant just bear this anymore. 07067115443 is my number
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by Iykecollins(m): 8:27am On Nov 21, 2013
Iykecollins:
Issues resolved! Thank you!!
Jide please one more thing, I am on mtn zone and before now I usually get notified of the amount I am to be charged before d calls, it has stopped after incident, please help me on how to get it back
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by nsidible(f): 10:35am On Nov 21, 2013
plz how do i check my remaining 5mb on mtn enhance pulse..dat #5 for 5mb stuff
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by xclusive43(m): 10:46am On Nov 21, 2013
please my sister got a new sim and she wants to use share and sell...i sent default pin new pin new pin to 777 it says the pin in your last whateva is wrong...i still used d code *601*0000*new*new# still the same please help
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 1:58pm On Nov 21, 2013
Uyi Iredia: @ JideSM: I would also like you to confirm if the messages I and presumably other MTN customers receive are geniune and from MTN. To be candid some seem dubious like one for subscription to a life insurance package via MTN. Also is it possible to modify my personal details used in SIM registration ? It appears my name was misspelt and I dislike that.

Hello Uyi,

Please send your phone number via private message, we would like to call you.
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 2:19pm On Nov 21, 2013
Elliotwiz1: I accidentally dialed *408# i think It's cnn news subscription, i've switched back to ipulse, i hope i won't have any problem with airtime getting deducted after one week because of the cnn subscription? And i was automatically registered to caller tunes, please tell me how to opt out, mtn is too tricky to be trusted.

Hello Elliot,

*408# is the code to migrate to Super Saver Plus.
You get free 1 month MTN Play CNN news update once you migrate to Super Saver Plus.
Kindly send your phone number via PM to enable me verify MTN Play status on your line.

To deactivate Callertunez text CANCEL to 4100.
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 2:28pm On Nov 21, 2013
Castos: MTN I always load card subscribe but for one day you guys have never given me any free mb to make me happy.

Hello Castos,

We give free 10MB weekly data on N100 recharge or more. Valid for 7 days.
Dial *559# to confirm bonus data balance.
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 2:33pm On Nov 21, 2013
ygslex: Pls, am having problems with mtnplay. Sending me messages(mHEALTH) I don't need and cutting my money everyday. Pls help @JideSM and @tayoccu.

Please state the short code you receive health tips from.
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 2:50pm On Nov 21, 2013
kgs911: Jide or Tayoccu, please help me out. Yesterday btw 8-9am i recharged my acct and after that i tried to transfer the credit(#100) into another line cos if i leave it on my line while browsin, they will be deductin d money instead of d m.b given to me(i ve reported this issue before via call to the customer care bt they didnt do anythin about it). So, after d transfer i received a reply: service unavailable. Then i tried it again and d reply was: i cant top up d number(recipient) cos its already on an open transaction. But d money was nt transfered to d recipient line and my line was debited to #0. So where is my credit? I cant just bear this anymore. 07067115443 is my number

You will be contacted shortly.

Update:

The issue has been resolved and refund done.
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 3:05pm On Nov 21, 2013
Iykecollins:
Jide please one more thing, I am on mtn zone and before now I usually get notified of the amount I am to be charged before d calls, it has stopped after incident, please help me on how to get it back

Dial *135*4# and also *135*6# to get start of call notification on a discounted call.
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 3:06pm On Nov 21, 2013
nsidible: plz how do i check my remaining 5mb on mtn enhance pulse..dat #5 for 5mb stuff

Dial *559# or dial *559*2# to check 5MB balance.
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 3:09pm On Nov 21, 2013
xclusive43: please my sister got a new sim and she wants to use share and sell...i sent default pin new pin new pin to 777 it says the pin in your last whateva is wrong...i still used d code *601*0000*new*new# still the same please help

Please inform your sister to contact us via our available channels for assistance.
You may send her number to me via private message so we can reach her.
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by aceTS: 3:39pm On Nov 21, 2013
JideSM:

Dial *559# to check 5MB balance.
liar liar pants on fire

1 Like

Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by Mcbussy(m): 4:02pm On Nov 21, 2013
Please,I just subscribed to MTN weekend plan on my modem....but I'm kind of confused about the active period. is it from 9am friday to 9am monday, or 9pm fridays to 9am monday??
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by Mcbussy(m): 4:03pm On Nov 21, 2013
Please,I just subscribed to MTN weekend plan on my modem....but I'm kind of confused about the active period. is it from 9am friday to 9am monday, or 9pm fridays to 9am monday??

I'm seeing different info online.
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by olurocky: 4:42pm On Nov 21, 2013
Pls could I have the code to send so as to stop receiving MTNPlay texts . Thanks
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 6:27pm On Nov 21, 2013
Mcbussy: Please,I just subscribed to MTN weekend plan on my modem....but I'm kind of confused about the active period. is it from 9am friday to 9am monday, or 9pm fridays to 9am monday??

The 3GB Weekend plan runs from Friday 9PM - Monday 6AM.

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (256) (Reply)

Switch Off Your Phones Before 12:30 - 3:30am Today, Its........ / Help! How Do I Change My 2go Profile Location. / Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.