Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,658 members, 7,972,453 topics. Date: Friday, 11 October 2024 at 11:19 AM

Nnamdi Azikiwe Sworn In As Nigeria's First President (Video) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nnamdi Azikiwe Sworn In As Nigeria's First President (Video) (20484 Views)

Nnamdi Azikiwe As Nigeria Celebrated Independence Day In 1960 - Throwback Photos / "How I Will Operate As Nigeria’s First Lady" – Aisha Buhari / Breaking News! Jonathan Wooed To Become Biafra First President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe Sworn In As Nigeria's First President (Video) by wheesin(m): 10:54am On Aug 02, 2013
i dnt even knw who d gud guy or bad guy is...aside from dat between our present country and d past one...who got d less problems... well the video emits d new era when we had a president..but look at wat has happened nw..i rest my case ?
Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe Sworn In As Nigeria's First President (Video) by naptu2: 11:01am On Aug 02, 2013
fr3do: I heard he knew how to speak yoruba and hausa.

Yes. He was born in Zungeru (North) and grew up in Lagos (West).
Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe Sworn In As Nigeria's First President (Video) by FOLYKAZE(m): 11:03am On Aug 02, 2013
Fazhy: Igbo man was the first Nigerian president. Why are some folks keep saying the tribe have not provided a president in Nigeria.

Cant you differentiate ceremonial president from executive president? Pls go back to school

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe Sworn In As Nigeria's First President (Video) by yomip3t(m): 11:07am On Aug 02, 2013
RUBBISH !!!
They caused all what's on ground now.
Awolowo and Co.
They ruined this country staging good works and doing it for their own good.
I so much dislike 'em all.
They set a swampy foundation then... That's why we are unable to get it back..... Yeye pple.
Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe Sworn In As Nigeria's First President (Video) by Goodysydney: 11:08am On Aug 02, 2013
mr_king: mind you! He was just a mere ceremonial president! He had no Executive Powers! His impact as †ђξ president was not felt! Coz he was just a representative of †ђξ queen. Tafawa Balewa was †ђξ man incharge as †ђξ prime Minister!
Dat one na story wey u dey yann....No wonder u failed JAMB 3 times. Nnamdi Azikiwe (ZIK of Africa is the first President of Nigeria... Shekin....
Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe Sworn In As Nigeria's First President (Video) by Enems(m): 11:08am On Aug 02, 2013
A true leader who has the quality of leadership.
Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe Sworn In As Nigeria's First President (Video) by Nobody: 11:11am On Aug 02, 2013
datChelseaBoy: Shut up! You are not making any sense
You are an idiot u wey dey say shut up,,enemy of Truth,,, even if u people hate us and kill uswer happy cos God love us d Igbos,d Nigerian Jews indiaspora...As for Zik,Mr one Nigeria, He sabotaged against Ojukwu our hero...Till knw we r still humiliated all over in Nigeria...but God lives...

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe Sworn In As Nigeria's First President (Video) by IAMBREEZY: 11:13am On Aug 02, 2013
Great
Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe Sworn In As Nigeria's First President (Video) by psalmdave(m): 11:15am On Aug 02, 2013
The biggest problem nigeria has is her citizens...anyway i love videos like dis 2 knw hw early naija was

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe Sworn In As Nigeria's First President (Video) by torture: 11:18am On Aug 02, 2013
Goodysydney: Dat one na story wey u dey yann....No wonder u failed JAMB 3 times. Nnamdi Azikiwe (ZIK of Africa is the first President of Nigeria... Shekin....

Learn from Mr_king, seems u didn't even go to a secondary school.

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe Sworn In As Nigeria's First President (Video) by chino24: 11:20am On Aug 02, 2013
great Zik remains the greatest leader out of Nigeria and Africa at large. An icon who championed the birth of African liberation..

Owelle of Onitsha lives on..
Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe Sworn In As Nigeria's First President (Video) by naptu2: 11:23am On Aug 02, 2013
One thing I like about what's depicted in the video, is the simplicity of the whole thing. The President is not boxed in by bodyguards, in fact, school children were running right behind his Land Rover. It's the same kind of simplicity that's exhibited in the picture below. The President is carrying his own bag!

Raymond Njoku welcoming President Nnamdi Azikiwe

6 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe Sworn In As Nigeria's First President (Video) by chino24: 11:25am On Aug 02, 2013
Zik was truly the first president of this country..

Some people from the other side of the country cannot live with it.. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe Sworn In As Nigeria's First President (Video) by chino24: 11:29am On Aug 02, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

Cant you differentiate ceremonial president from executive president? Pls go back to school

I think you are the one who should go back to school to go and learn more about the nomenclature 'president'.

They didn't swear him in as a ceremonial president, but rather the first president of the largest black nation on earth- Rt. Hon. Dr. Nnamdi azikiwe an Igboman to the core from the city of Onitsha.

3 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe Sworn In As Nigeria's First President (Video) by donsax: 11:30am On Aug 02, 2013
naptu2: Nnamdi Azikiwe in 1959

Good old days when you can touch and hold your president. They had no skeleton in their cupboard then.....not like now that they are thinking everybody wanna harm them for their embezzlement and bad deed.

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe Sworn In As Nigeria's First President (Video) by yomip3t(m): 11:35am On Aug 02, 2013
donsax:

Good old days when you can touch and hold your president. They had no skeleton in their cupboard then.....not like now that they are thinking everybody wanna harm them for their embezzlement and bad deed.

Oga ! All that one na part of their tricks then .... They were just staging good minds. They are all fixing their pockets then for their generations.

If u wan catch Monkey , u go do like Monkey too.
Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe Sworn In As Nigeria's First President (Video) by Youngtekkey(m): 11:37am On Aug 02, 2013
which kind azikwe be that a liar,betrayal was he not the one that betrayed my own role model my baba awolowo when they both agree to merge ag and ncnc that he betrayed awolowo's trust and go with tafawa balewa of npc coward well i still throw salute for baba awolowo thumbs up baba respect,RESPECT MAXIMIUM RESPECT
Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe Sworn In As Nigeria's First President (Video) by godsI(m): 11:40am On Aug 02, 2013
mr_king: mind you! He was just a mere ceremonial president! He had no Executive Powers! His impact as †ђξ president was not felt! Coz he was just a representative of †ђξ queen. Tafawa Balewa was †ђξ man incharge as †ђξ prime Minister!
Envious beings never seize to amaze me. Who demanded you enumerate on that? We know enough about the parliamentary system of government!

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe Sworn In As Nigeria's First President (Video) by maskid(m): 11:41am On Aug 02, 2013
hu talk say IBO MAN NO FIT RULE this country??. we set the pace...

1. first President,
2. first Military Head of state
3. first senate President.
4. First Speaker of House.
etc

3 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe Sworn In As Nigeria's First President (Video) by Goodysydney: 11:41am On Aug 02, 2013
torture:

Learn from Mr_king, seems u didn't even go to a secondary school.
Fool, go back to primary 1, that is where u belong.
Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe Sworn In As Nigeria's First President (Video) by Nobody: 11:43am On Aug 02, 2013
bobthebuilder99:

Because then the Igbo wouldn't get to cry discrimination all the time, and we all know they love to cry discrimination as much as they like to make ridiculous claims (like being Jewish, or contributing 600 trillion to the economy when our entire GDP is only around 40 trillion).

It would also ruin the lie that everyone hates them. They love to tell themselves that lie. If they find out that Hausas and Yoruba voted for an Igbo president, their heads will explode.

They don't even want to be a part of the same country as the rest of us, so what can you tell them?
that's true. smiley
Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe Sworn In As Nigeria's First President (Video) by Nobody: 11:44am On Aug 02, 2013
datChelseaBoy: Shut up! You are not making any sense
for you to say he is not making sense, that means you don't have sense.
Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe Sworn In As Nigeria's First President (Video) by Youngtekkey(m): 11:45am On Aug 02, 2013
shey all of u no go skul ni he was just a ceremonial president alhaji sheu shagari is the first executive president of nigeria so all u ibo folks should stop running ur mouth anyhow it was ceremonial no concrete power so what are u saying
Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe Sworn In As Nigeria's First President (Video) by chino24: 11:46am On Aug 02, 2013
Youngtekkey: which kind azikwe be that a liar,betrayal was he not the one that betrayed my own role model my baba awolowo when they both agree to merge ag and ncnc that he betrayed awolowo's trust and go with tafawa balewa of npc coward well i still throw salute for baba awolowo thumbs up baba respect,RESPECT MAXIMIUM RESPECT

Awoloawo was a common coupist who committed treason to over throw Zik's government. Was subsequently incarcerated by the great Zik. years later Awoalowo could not live with humiliation he has passed through in the hands of the great Zik, he ended it all by taking his own live. That is the history of your so called role model..

4 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Azikiwe Sworn In As Nigeria's First President (Video) by Nobody: 11:48am On Aug 02, 2013
@ naptu2 interesting and educative as always,

The pictures of awolowo and zik in their cars just shows how we lost it in the beginning, the flamboyance and master - slave relationship of our leaders. For God sake they ain't mornachs

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Photos From Nigerian Governors Forum Meeting In Abuja Today / Tambuwal: Buhari’s Exclusion Of South-East Is Fuelling Insecurity / Tinubu Approves Exit Of Public Varsities, Polytechnics From IPPIS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.