Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,476 members, 7,888,485 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 08:48 AM

Ngige, Obi Bicker Over Improved Power Supply - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ngige, Obi Bicker Over Improved Power Supply (9644 Views)

Improved Power Supply Is Not Sustainable, Electricity Employees Explain / ‘ Why There Is Improved Power Supply’ - Acting MD YEDC / PDP, APC Bicker Over Alleged EFCC Move Against Fayemi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ngige, Obi Bicker Over Improved Power Supply by taharqa2: 1:44am On Aug 02, 2013
Senator Chris Ngige and Governor Peter Obi have differed over who should take the credit for the improved power supply to some parts of Awka, the Anambra State capital.

While Ngige, the Vice-Chairman of the Senate Committee on Power and Steel, gave the credit to the Senate, which he said had been working hard to salvage power supply in Nigeria, Obi said the state government, working with the federal and local governments, made the feat possible.

For the past fortnight, some parts of Awka, especially High Tension, Ifite, Government House, GRA and places around the Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka, have been enjoying steady power supply.

Before now, the affected areas were supplied electricity once every other days. But with the activation of the Agu-Awka power sub-station, normal electricity had been restored to these areas for the first time in many years.

Ngige said the work of the Senate Committee had already started yielding great dividends.

Speaking with reporters in Awka, the Senator, who represents Anambra Central, said the improvement was part of his constituency development programmes. But he said the new facility at Agu-Awka was still undergoing test-running.

He said, “This is part of the IPP programme of the government on the power sector. What we have in Agu-Awka power station is a new transmission line that is under a test-run and that explains why in the past three weeks, major parts of Awka capital territory have been enjoying uninterrupted power supply.

But Special Assistant to the Anambra State Governor on Media and Publicity, Mr. Valentine Obienyen, said it was wrong for people to place the credit for the improved power supply in the wrong quarters.

He said, “People keep commending those that absolutely have nothing to do with the project that led to the improvement. The project is jointly sponsored by the federal, state and local government.

“The improvement was as a result of the completion of National Integrated Power Project at Agu Awka.

“The projects are going on very well. In places where there were problem of securing land, Governor Peter Obi intervened, example being at Fegge, Onitsha.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/ngige-obi-bicker-over-improved-power-supply/
Re: Ngige, Obi Bicker Over Improved Power Supply by taharqa2: 2:07am On Aug 02, 2013
MORAL OF THE STORY:

As more and more, of the 10 NIPP Power plants and hundreds of the Transmission and Distribution Lines been built by the Govt across the length and breath of the nation are Completed and Energized (and most are now been completed), many areas in Nigeria would start experiencing even better Power than they do presently, just like the people in Akwa now do. NO DOUBTS. This is Esp so as the new Private Owners take over a large chuck of the Power Infrastructure by latest end of September, and bring the Private sector's penchant for EFFICIENCY and EFFECTIVENESS to the Electricity market.
God's Speed to those people working towards this.

Now, I could care less bout the debate on who or what party is responsible for this (Obi Vs Ngige in this case). Dont give a rat's azzz, as long as the Power sector in Nigeria continues to improve

10 Likes

Re: Ngige, Obi Bicker Over Improved Power Supply by ChimaAdeoye: 5:08am On Aug 02, 2013
Ngige,the diminutive comedian again!

He didn't build a single IPP nor even sponsor any bill at the senate for almost 4 years nor even to oppose an evil bill,such as the child marriage authorization bill. But he will be at the forefront of politics giving himself credit for what he doesn't even know how it happened. grin grin grin grin grin

12 Likes

Re: Ngige, Obi Bicker Over Improved Power Supply by gramci: 6:17am On Aug 02, 2013
APC wants to feast on PDP's glory cheesy

11 Likes

Re: Ngige, Obi Bicker Over Improved Power Supply by awodman: 6:17am On Aug 02, 2013
The same Ngige that could not tender a single bill for two years or even oppose some evil bills is now claiming a federal project...Who doesn't know NIPP projects are jointly sponsored by Federal,state and Local govts..look @ how he mischievously termed it an IPP project...

As more of this NIPP projects come on stream and as PHCN workers are paid their severance package this week or early next week...Nigerians will begin to feel the positive effects of the power sector reform...

3 Likes

Re: Ngige, Obi Bicker Over Improved Power Supply by Nobody: 6:56am On Aug 02, 2013
Not surprise about Ngige, that's how his party take credit for what they didn't do. Oshiomole openly claimed he did 5 Junction in Benin where everybody was aware it was done by the Fed Min of Work.

6 Likes

Re: Ngige, Obi Bicker Over Improved Power Supply by taharqa2: 9:29am On Aug 02, 2013
awodman: The same Ngige that could not tender a single bill for two years or even oppose some evil bills is now claiming a federal project...Who doesn't know NIPP projects are jointly sponsored by Federal,state and Local govts..look @ how he mischievously termed it an IPP project...

As more of this NIPP projects come on stream and as PHCN workers are paid their severance package this week or early next week...Nigerians will begin to feel the positive effects of the power sector reform...
Why dem nova don pay these PHCN workers sef?? July don pass o...
Re: Ngige, Obi Bicker Over Improved Power Supply by pboiskinpy(m): 10:00am On Aug 02, 2013
Kk oo...brb
Re: Ngige, Obi Bicker Over Improved Power Supply by Adex098(m): 10:01am On Aug 02, 2013
pboiskinpy: ..
BUSTED!!!
Re: Ngige, Obi Bicker Over Improved Power Supply by EllyBrainyTM: 10:01am On Aug 02, 2013
Shoooo,Anambra wan turn London ni@topic all this their tussle na for their own ''futuristic'' political campaign.....#I no fit shout Suya dey my Mouth#

1 Like

Re: Ngige, Obi Bicker Over Improved Power Supply by pboiskinpy(m): 10:03am On Aug 02, 2013
Adex098:
BUSTED!!!
why u de mark me
Re: Ngige, Obi Bicker Over Improved Power Supply by venorite(m): 10:03am On Aug 02, 2013
silly people, instead of them to ensure the light is steady they are here dragging who this and that like its not their duty

1 Like

Re: Ngige, Obi Bicker Over Improved Power Supply by slap1(m): 10:04am On Aug 02, 2013
As long as my Anambra brothers have constant power supply, they can bicker till kingdom come.

3 Likes

Re: Ngige, Obi Bicker Over Improved Power Supply by Ibangap(m): 10:05am On Aug 02, 2013
Success begats many friends.

1 Like

Re: Ngige, Obi Bicker Over Improved Power Supply by Nobody: 10:07am On Aug 02, 2013
Just 4 days they hv started praising themselves. Old fools.in europe there's light since I enter here never taken it for a mints.
Re: Ngige, Obi Bicker Over Improved Power Supply by dridowu: 10:09am On Aug 02, 2013
Thinks are just heating up here and there........................
Re: Ngige, Obi Bicker Over Improved Power Supply by Coenvict: 10:09am On Aug 02, 2013
NGIGE IS THE MAN TAKE OR LEAVE IT. This ada obi always good @ taking another persons glory.
Re: Ngige, Obi Bicker Over Improved Power Supply by mmalik(m): 10:10am On Aug 02, 2013
Wow has it com 2 dis, claiming anoda mans hard work..my question now is who are we 2 believe now? Mayb d govt should set up a comittee to fetch out d old fool among dem..wat a bigggggg mess
Re: Ngige, Obi Bicker Over Improved Power Supply by kasiem(m): 10:12am On Aug 02, 2013
na ngige and fashola do that thing nah
Re: Ngige, Obi Bicker Over Improved Power Supply by nkemKalu: 10:14am On Aug 02, 2013
THE LIGHT IN MY OWN AREA HAS NEVER IMPROVED ONE BIT.........IT IS EITHER THE IPP AS ENUNCIATED BY THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT IS NOT WORKING IN MY AREA OR BECAUSE I DON'T HAVE A SENATOR THAT IS IN THE POWER COMMITTEE. EITHER WAY, THIS IS BULLSHIT
Re: Ngige, Obi Bicker Over Improved Power Supply by Mgbadike80: 10:15am On Aug 02, 2013
The assistant to peter obi makes more sense to me than ngige. Ride on to peter obi. I don't support him in everything but i still respect his ability to work without borrowing a kobo.

7 Likes

Re: Ngige, Obi Bicker Over Improved Power Supply by Kingsley1000(m): 10:16am On Aug 02, 2013
Ngige did notin abt d power improvement,he jus want to win anambra ppl's heart off 2014...buh dah aint gowin2happen,in d oda hand,Obi is jus fightn 2destroy dah n save apga's image....Up SOLUDO!
Re: Ngige, Obi Bicker Over Improved Power Supply by Igwe9(m): 10:17am On Aug 02, 2013
na so e dey be, none would have been seen if it was a negative news, even those on here would have blamed the president for that and now nobody is mentioning his name.

it is his dream and every credit should be given to the president

2 Likes

Re: Ngige, Obi Bicker Over Improved Power Supply by searay(m): 10:17am On Aug 02, 2013
Please what power are they is he talking about?
Re: Ngige, Obi Bicker Over Improved Power Supply by Cupidkc(m): 10:18am On Aug 02, 2013
Ngige vs Obi.....let the fight begin.
Re: Ngige, Obi Bicker Over Improved Power Supply by awodman: 10:21am On Aug 02, 2013
taharqa2: Why dem nova don pay these PHCN workers sef?? July don pass o...

...He said: “Everything has been compiled, we have sent the payroll to the Accountant General of the Federation (AGF) and we are optimistic that before the end of this week, or latest next week, they would begin to receive alerts from their banks.”...Benjamin Dikki,DG BPE

Source:www.thisdaylive.com/articles/taleveras-northwest-power-win-afam-kaduna-power-assets/155054/

1 Like

Re: Ngige, Obi Bicker Over Improved Power Supply by Fazhy: 10:23am On Aug 02, 2013
It's all about 'November 2013'.

Re: Ngige, Obi Bicker Over Improved Power Supply by Omexonomy: 10:24am On Aug 02, 2013
Wellcome to nija politics
Skillbobralph: Not surprise about Ngige, that's how his party take credit for what they didn't do. Oshiomole openly claimed he did 5 Junction in Benin where everybody was aware it was done by the Fed Min of Work.
Re: Ngige, Obi Bicker Over Improved Power Supply by nmaihat: 10:31am On Aug 02, 2013
From what I can see, its probably a joint effort. So let no man appropriate the glory of the improvement to himself alone unless he alone is willing to accept the blame for failure when the time comes.

1 Like

Re: Ngige, Obi Bicker Over Improved Power Supply by taharqa2: 10:31am On Aug 02, 2013
awodman:

...He said: “Everything has been compiled, we have sent the payroll to the Accountant General of the Federation (AGF) and we are optimistic that before the end of this week, or latest next week, they would begin to receive alerts from their banks.”...Benjamin Dikki,DG BPE

Source:www.thisdaylive.com/articles/taleveras-northwest-power-win-afam-kaduna-power-assets/155054/
Okay o. Thank God.... I am already practicing d dance steps I wud do once I hear that these PHCN workers hv actuali started receiving their Payoff money. Those people realli need to go; and d new Private Owners take over
Re: Ngige, Obi Bicker Over Improved Power Supply by Plshavmercyamen: 11:09am On Aug 02, 2013
I think d Glory in the improved power sector around Awka and its environs "IF" true, should be situated properly amongst the Federal govt - who initiated the project, State and local govts in Anambra for contributing in the funding of the project and Ngige for using his position as the vice chairman senate commitee on power to ACCELERATE the project in his first constituency(ANAMBRA CENTRAL). Except, Peter Obi wants to tell us that he is the ONLY gov'nor in Nigeria who is funding d NIPP with the Fed. Govt hence the improvement of power in some parts of his state.
Re: Ngige, Obi Bicker Over Improved Power Supply by kenbee(f): 11:26am On Aug 02, 2013
so much talk talk from the loose mouthed dwarf.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tribunal Dismisses Rhodes-Vivour’s Petition, Upholds Sanwo-Olu / APC Asks Boko-Haram To Embrace Dialogue / Can The SW Ascend The Presidency Without The SS/SE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.