Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,862 members, 7,872,861 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 12:37 AM

Expect Exciting Times, Yar'adua Tells Nigerians - Independent - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Expect Exciting Times, Yar'adua Tells Nigerians - Independent (744 Views)

Tell Him To Stop Harassing My Family - Turai Yar'adua Tells OBJ / You Are Better Off In Benin Republic, Buhari Tells Nigerians Living There / Shehu Musa Yar'adua Entered Army 1959, How Did He Write Exam 1961 Na???? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Expect Exciting Times, Yar'adua Tells Nigerians - Independent by nazzyon(m): 8:15am On May 30, 2008

Re: Expect Exciting Times, Yar'adua Tells Nigerians - Independent by landis(m): 8:27am On May 30, 2008
indeed, these are other statements from Yara-ill

Nigeria will not be able to generate enough electricity for its population until at least 2015, President Umaru Yar'Adua has said.

so he basically needs 8yrs like OBJ to waste more of our time. for those clever, it is time to jump ship called Nigeria!
grin cheesy grin

But three finished gas-fuelled power stations are unable to generate electricity because Nigeria has sold all its gas for export, the president said.

These deals with international oil companies would have to be renegotiated over seven years, he added.

"It is only now that the nation realises the critical importance of gas to the national economy," the president said.

that's understatement!! what OBJ got say to this?
cool shocked cool

The president said the nation's privatisation of the power industry had failed.

indeed. and when is OBJ/elrufai going back to prison?

"Emergency legislation" will be needed to allow the government to spend some of the billions of dollars in oil revenue it has saved in the central bank on power, he said.

well done, and in 2015, Nigeria would have spent $30Bill to buy darkness.

The president coughed constantly through the press conference.

"They prepared the operating theatre, all the surgeons were ready," he said.

"But they ran tests on me and said an operation wasn't necessary."

An allergic reaction to a malaria drug was responsible for his illness, he said.

"I am just a human being, I could die tomorrow, but I could also live until 90," he told the conference.

is Yara-ill serious at all!! A poor liar at best.
Re: Expect Exciting Times, Yar'adua Tells Nigerians - Independent by nazzyon(m): 8:45am On May 30, 2008
Actually, I read some articles about the power sector. He has posted some people to monitor the progress of the projects going on in that area. Hopefully things will get better before the years runs out in that sector.

D problem I think we have is the people taking out the actions and not the presidents.

It is obvious that Presidents always give the right instructions and takes the right steps but the people who supposed to make the things come to pass are the one's we are having problem with in this country.

Imagine the amount spent on the power sector alone in the OBJ 8 years tenure. I believe if the money were used wisely then we would be enjoying them right now.

Lets just hope that the little this President give would have a positive effect on our beloved Nation.

The problem this country is facing cannot be resolved in just 4 years.

The man is taking a positive step as I have seen it. He is outlining a positive future for the people of Nigeria.
Re: Expect Exciting Times, Yar'adua Tells Nigerians - Independent by landis(m): 9:27am On May 30, 2008
Lets just hope that the little this President give would have a positive effect on our beloved Nation.

dont come with this. Nigerians are tired of HOPING.

OBJ was hoping and after 8yrs, we all know the result.

Yara-ill wants people to HOPE for another 8yrs That's 16yrs together.

A kid born in 1999 would have spent 1/4 of his/her without electricity.
Re: Expect Exciting Times, Yar'adua Tells Nigerians - Independent by presido1: 10:13am On May 30, 2008
landis:

Yara-ill wants people to HOPE for another 8yrs That's 16yrs together.
If u add 3rd term it sums up to 20yrs.
Re: Expect Exciting Times, Yar'adua Tells Nigerians - Independent by dee02(m): 11:50am On May 30, 2008
When the fucking hell is the good time coming?

Idiot promising and promising

Till they come and go, na so so promise but things always end up getting worse

Move over Yar'Adua, u imcompetent dunce!
Re: Expect Exciting Times, Yar'adua Tells Nigerians - Independent by Arielle: 11:33pm On May 30, 2008
I won't hold my breath.
Re: Expect Exciting Times, Yar'adua Tells Nigerians - Independent by savanaha: 11:47pm On May 30, 2008
Yar'ill, Yar'dull, Yar adumbass. I will wait till I see changes before I will agree he can do anything good.
Re: Expect Exciting Times, Yar'adua Tells Nigerians - Independent by Esss(m): 11:56pm On May 30, 2008
That Boi is beginning to piss me off. He just like one of ludacris'es Album's "WORD OF MOUF".
Re: Expect Exciting Times, Yar'adua Tells Nigerians - Independent by 4Him1(m): 1:05am On May 31, 2008
that's if Yar a Ill lives long enough to bring exciting times.
Re: Expect Exciting Times, Yar'adua Tells Nigerians - Independent by Kobojunkie: 2:49am On May 31, 2008
How did he come to the conclusion that the privatization of PHCN has failed?? He has only been in office for a year and according to information that is available out there, the projects are still in progress, so how could he conclude they have failed when

1) the probe has just begun
2) Projects/contracts are on hold, contractors waiting for him to pay up so they can finish up?
3) Investors are patiently waiting on his administration to do what it will and he promised he will deliver??
Re: Expect Exciting Times, Yar'adua Tells Nigerians - Independent by BigB11(m): 3:15am On May 31, 2008
Again, our problem in Nigeria is purely "CORRUPTION"

Advise for Yar'Adua:

As a president of Nigeria, I wouldn't waste my time on restoring the infrastructure or water supply or power supply or creating job opportunities (these are simply not my priority).
95% of my attention would directly go into ratifying corruption all together, once and for all in Nigeria.

Corruption is the king and till the king is killed and buried, absolutely nothing would hold water in Nigeria; hence, no need to waste time running around promising wonders. It just wouldn't happen. We must focus all our attention on modifying our constitution, so that the execution of the convicted corrupt individuals could be immediately allowed.

As soon as an effective strategy to ratify corruption is in place, I promise you that all other things (water supply, power supply, jobs and better economy)would automatically come together in place. And the birth of New Nigeria would be witnessed by all.

I truly do not understand what it's taking these leaders this long to discover and understand this fact.

(1) (Reply)

Register And Get $50 Instantly: Registration Is Free / Clinton Ready To Be Obama's Vp / Only In Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.