Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,314 members, 7,881,146 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 01:24 PM

"Never Let a Man Define Who You Are" - Oprah Winfrey - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / "Never Let a Man Define Who You Are" - Oprah Winfrey (22489 Views)

Should A Man Define A Woman? / What Oprah Winfrey Had To Say About Men / Why Do Women Never Let Go Of Their Ex's (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Never Let a Man Define Who You Are" - Oprah Winfrey by Nobody: 4:24pm On Aug 03, 2013
free2ryhme:
clap for yourselves

maybe oprah would need more new converts

Well, you can choose to ignore the point of my post. You asked a question and I've answered. One's beliefs and the health of his or her relationships with other people don't always correlate. Bill Gates and Angelina Jolie are two prominent celebs who don't associate with religion, yet they're in loving relationships and do plenty for humanity. Nigerians are firm believers. That's all I'll say.
Re: "Never Let a Man Define Who You Are" - Oprah Winfrey by free2ryhme: 4:24pm On Aug 03, 2013
NA feminist full dis place

chai

Just like Oprah
Re: "Never Let a Man Define Who You Are" - Oprah Winfrey by free2ryhme: 4:26pm On Aug 03, 2013
ogugua88:

Well, you can choose to ignore the point of my post. You asked a question and I've answered. One's beliefs and the health of his or her relationships with other people don't always correlate. Bill Gates and Angelina Jolie are two prominent celebs who don't associate with religion, yet they're in loving relationships and do plenty for humanity. Nigerians are firm believers. That's all I'll say.

I never ignore the point in your post...

I dont do occultics as role models...
undecided

1 Like

Re: "Never Let a Man Define Who You Are" - Oprah Winfrey by Nobody: 4:26pm On Aug 03, 2013
ogugua88:

Did I say "tailor down"? I don't think I did.
lwkmd, .

Do u mean up?
Lol again. mayb in Germany, Brazil n Liberia, were dem get woman as presido

Bt for real life ,Nonono. I don't tink so
Re: "Never Let a Man Define Who You Are" - Oprah Winfrey by Adaeze003(f): 4:28pm On Aug 03, 2013
ighoosagie: nice point, but

my question is :

all men re d same (popular quote frm ladies) , while leave a man 4 anoda man, knowing fully well dat u gonna meet dsame kind. I tink u should leave a man 4 a ghost.cheesy grin

Uhm, just like you guys say 'all a girl wants is money' all generalizations and they aint true. Not every man is violent, not every man is hot tempered, not every man is lazy... The list goes on. No one is perfect yes! But the two parties in a relationship can be happy. It shouldn't be one sided. That's my point.

@free2rhyme the advise has nothing to do with what she worships.
Anyway, that's her opinion, anyone who doesn't agree can disagree as we're not subject to what she says. #she who has ears let her hear#
Re: "Never Let a Man Define Who You Are" - Oprah Winfrey by Nobody: 4:30pm On Aug 03, 2013
Feminists have taken over the thread and are now talking opposite of what winfray said.
Smh! I'm out! See you in a lifetime....
Re: "Never Let a Man Define Who You Are" - Oprah Winfrey by free2ryhme: 4:32pm On Aug 03, 2013
Adaeze003:

Uhm, just like you guys say 'all a girl wants is money' all generalizations and they aint true. Not every man is violent, not every man is hot tempered, not every man is lazy... The list goes on. No one is perfect yes! But the two parties in a relationship can be happy. It shouldn't be one sided. That's my point.

@free2rhyme the advise has nothing to do with what she worships.
Anyway, that's her opinion, anyone who doesn't agree can disagree as we're not subject to what she says. #she who has ears let her hear#

But what she worships influence the way she go about her things

This same woman, Oprah Winfrey, recently suggested that homosexual couples may in fact strengthen the institution of marriage.

true or false?

1 Like

Re: "Never Let a Man Define Who You Are" - Oprah Winfrey by Nobody: 4:32pm On Aug 03, 2013
free2ryhme: I never ignore the point in your post...

I dont do occultics as role models...
undecided

Are they occultics? You don't view them as role models but I'm sure that never stopped you from buying their products or admiring their work.

Anyway, that's your cup of tea. I don't need to look at someone's past or beliefs to agree with a statement in the present.
Re: "Never Let a Man Define Who You Are" - Oprah Winfrey by Nobody: 4:32pm On Aug 03, 2013
maxwello.yg:
Feminists have taken over the thread and are now talking opposite of what winfray said.
Smh! I'm out! See you in a lifetime....

I don't think women brought up the religion aspect.
Re: "Never Let a Man Define Who You Are" - Oprah Winfrey by free2ryhme: 4:35pm On Aug 03, 2013
ogugua88:

Are they occultics? You don't view them as role models but I'm sure that never stopped you from buying their products or admiring their work.

Anyway, that's your cup of tea. I don't need to look at someone's past or beliefs to agree with a statement in the present.

point of correct i dont buy their products

and i am not judging them

That is what they are they dont hide it but show it up in full glare in public.
Re: "Never Let a Man Define Who You Are" - Oprah Winfrey by Nobody: 4:37pm On Aug 03, 2013
Adaeze003:

"all women love money"

But no sane man wud quiet a relationship 4 dis reason, rather he mks a U turn frm d beginning.
Re: "Never Let a Man Define Who You Are" - Oprah Winfrey by Nobody: 4:46pm On Aug 03, 2013
free2ryhme: point of correct i dont buy their products

and i am not judging them

That is what they are they dont hide it but show it up in full glare in public.

And so what? Does someone have to share my beliefs and opinions to be worthy of my attention and time?

Her views of Christ and those of anyone aren't necessarily a reflection of their person. Bill Gates doesn't associate with religion but went on to create billions of dollars from his inventions and donate some of that money to our own Africa. Angelina Jolie does not associate and she has fought for the impoverished and poor in our own Africa. The same Oprah Winfrey you want to discredit opened a girls school. Where? In our Africa. So, excuse me for not wishing to bring religion into my views of people. Beliefs aside, one can always learn from others, even if that person's my opposite.

She didn't mention religion in her comments, so why did you being it up?
You and others haven't been able to pinpoint what exactly she said wrong. Instead you posted a dead YouTube link. You don't have to agree with her, but make sure your reasons for disagreeing with her relevant.

1 Like

Re: "Never Let a Man Define Who You Are" - Oprah Winfrey by Demswear4u: 4:48pm On Aug 03, 2013
carefreewannabe:

The west is doing MUCH better than Nigeria and we know it or have you ever seen a European or American person swimming the sea and risking his / her life to get to Africa? So don't even make this comparison.

How does "economic prosperity" of the west invalidate the preservation of african family values?
How did the west became "better" than Africa if not through exploitation and plunder?
And where have you seen an african swimming to get to the west?
Mscheww.
*Bimbos everywhere in the romance section*.
Smh.

1 Like

Re: "Never Let a Man Define Who You Are" - Oprah Winfrey by Adaeze003(f): 4:57pm On Aug 03, 2013
free2ryhme:

But what she worships influence the way she go about her things

This same woman, Oprah Winfrey, recently suggested that homosexual couples may in fact strengthen the institution of marriage.

true or false?

Since we're talking religion here, I'm a Christian and I agree with oprah not because she's my role model or mentor(coz she aint) but because it just seems rational and right to me.

Religion affects peoples thinking but its not the only factor. The environment also plays a big role.
Eg, a girl who grew up in a broken home after watching her dad beat up her mum can think that all men are wicked. Another girl who saw her mum doing all in her power to make her dad happy and he not giving a hoot will take that as a norm. Also, a girl who grew up in a home where there was mutual love and respect will also see that as being normal. Hope you get my point now?

This advise has nothing to do with religion.
Re: "Never Let a Man Define Who You Are" - Oprah Winfrey by free2ryhme: 4:57pm On Aug 03, 2013
ogugua88:

And so what? Does someone have to share my beliefs and opinions to be worthy of my attention and time?

Her views of Christ and those of anyone aren't necessarily a reflection of their person. Bill Gates doesn't associate with religion but went on to create billions of dollars from his inventions and donate some of that money to our own Africa. Angelina Jolie does not associate and she has fought for the impoverished and poor in our own Africa. The same Oprah Winfrey you want to discredit opened a girls school. Where? In our Africa. So, excuse me for not wishing to bring religion into my views of people. Beliefs aside, one can always learn from others, even if that person's my opposite.

She didn't mention religion in her comments, so why did you being it up?
You and others haven't been able to pinpoint what exactly she said wrong. Instead you posted a dead YouTube link. You don't have to agree with her, but make your reasons for disagreeing with her relevant.

let us not heat this thing up mdm

They dont for something for nothing .. there is the politics of aids . As any student of International relations to confirm this and Bill gates happen to be among this clicks

where they not the forces behind mountign pressure on african states to endorse gay rights or they withold aids from african states who refueses? Thank God for sanity in this country
Poor countries are doing this for aids It is a pity that Africa is the on in this imbalance of wealth distribution in the world... The west run everything ..

About the schools they built it is mere publicity stunt ..

Do you want to tell me that there are no underdeveloped areas in America that needs this schools??
Re: "Never Let a Man Define Who You Are" - Oprah Winfrey by Nobody: 4:58pm On Aug 03, 2013
one good abt dis thread is dat only d matured mind re contributing, I av seen som folks on backyard n I touch u last relationship viewed dis thread n left without a comment, becos dey ain't got no space here.

I wished 4 more educating issues lik dis 2 crack our brains on.

I pity as dem go mess up dis thread if its mks front page
Re: "Never Let a Man Define Who You Are" - Oprah Winfrey by free2ryhme: 4:59pm On Aug 03, 2013
Adaeze003:

Since we're talking religion here, I'm a Christian and I agree with oprah not because she's my role model or mentor(coz she aint) but because it just seems rational and right to me.

Religion affects peoples thinking but its not the only factor. The environment also plays a big role.
Eg, a girl who grew up in a broken home after watching her dad beat up her mum can think that all men are wicked. Another girl who saw her mum doing all in her power to make her dad happy and he not giving a hoot will take that as a norm. Also, a girl who grew up in a home where there was mutual love and respect will also see that as being normal. Hope you get my point now?

This advise has nothing to do with religion.

I wont listen let alone give audience to someone who suggests that homosexual couples may in fact strengthen the institution of marriage.

I am not gullible and easily swayed ...

That was y it was easy for the devil to deceive a woman to eat the forbidden fruit
Re: "Never Let a Man Define Who You Are" - Oprah Winfrey by Adaeze003(f): 5:06pm On Aug 03, 2013
It bothers me also that non of you guys have been able to pin point what she said wrong. All you guys want is to argue abt her religion and compare cultures.lol.
If you guys don't mind, quote the part of the post where she erred. Or if you disagree with the whole post why not counter her points with reasonable arguments so that we'll know where your heads are at. wink

2 Likes

Re: "Never Let a Man Define Who You Are" - Oprah Winfrey by Adaeze003(f): 5:10pm On Aug 03, 2013
free2ryhme:

I wont listen let alone give audience to someone who suggests that homosexual couples may in fact strengthen the institution of marriage.

That was y it was easy for the devil to deceive a woman to eat the forbidden fruit

Obviously you've refused to look beyond the person. Its kul tho smiley
Re: "Never Let a Man Define Who You Are" - Oprah Winfrey by Nobody: 5:10pm On Aug 03, 2013
Adaeze003: It bothers me also that non of you guys have been able to pin point what she said wrong. All you guys want is to argue abt her religion and compare cultures.lol.
If you guys don't mind, quote the part of the post where she erred. Or if you disagree with the whole post why not counter her points with reasonable arguments so that we'll know where your heads are at. wink

cool
Re: "Never Let a Man Define Who You Are" - Oprah Winfrey by free2ryhme: 5:13pm On Aug 03, 2013
Adaeze003:

Obviously you've refused to look beyond the person. Its kul tho smiley

you cant detach a person from their beliefs

they new thing now is Oprah is doing it does not make it wrong, right?

who shld go beyond dis ...

for me ethos anytime anyday
Re: "Never Let a Man Define Who You Are" - Oprah Winfrey by Nobody: 5:15pm On Aug 03, 2013
Adaeze003: It bothers me also that non of you guys have been able to pin point what she said wrong. All you guys want is to argue abt her religion and compare cultures.lol.
I assume u no d opposite of right.

If she hasn't said wat is right den all she had said is wrong.

Do u need TB Joshua 2 tell dis. Hun angry
Re: "Never Let a Man Define Who You Are" - Oprah Winfrey by sarutobie(m): 5:21pm On Aug 03, 2013
free2ryhme:

Hehehehe don't wanna sound sexist,but I agree with your hillarious comment..though the woman was easier to decieve by the devil,her partner(adam) was also there and received the fruit.He could have declined.and when kasala burst he shifted the blame to the woman(sharp guy)..back to topic,winfrey made logical points but she witingly forgot the fact that a relationship is not a bed of roses everytime.nobody goes into a relationship without knowing what he/she is getting into,Love is NOT blind.A blind love will obviously lead you into a ditch!..take for example the case of funke akindele,she knew about the man's numerous women AND kids but still went ahead to marry him and later started crying foul and playing the victim bleh! When a woman realises that her husband is the head of their family and that she is the neck(which supports and pivots the head) there is no obstacle that union won't overcome.I always tell my female friends that the success or failure of a relationship/marriage,hinges critically on the woman's level of understanding and virtousness..I know this because I have watched my parents for decades and I have learnt from their successful union but I can also tell you they have had their fair share of hiccups in certain periods of their union.
Re: "Never Let a Man Define Who You Are" - Oprah Winfrey by Nobody: 5:25pm On Aug 03, 2013
Please, go read it again.
She was on some heavy bulldung! Unadulterated. Top notch drivel.
Re: "Never Let a Man Define Who You Are" - Oprah Winfrey by Nobody: 5:27pm On Aug 03, 2013
sarutobie:
Hehehehe don't wanna sound sexist,but I agree with your hillarious comment..though the woman was easier to decieve by the devil,her partner(adam) was also there and received the fruit.He could have declined.and when kasala burst he shifted the blame to the woman(sharp guy)..back to topic,winfrey made logical points but she witingly forgot the fact that a relationship is not a bed of roses everytime.nobody goes into a relationship without knowing what he/she is getting into,Love is NOT blind.A blind love will obviously lead you into a ditch!..take for example the case of funke akindele,she knew about the man's numerous women AND kids but still went ahead to marry him and later started crying foul and playing the victim bleh! When a woman realises that her husband is the head of their family and that she is the neck(which supports and pivots the neck) there is no obstacle that union won't overcome.I always tell my female friends that the success or failure of a relationship/marriage,hinges critically on the woman's level of understanding and virtousness..I know this because I have watched my parents for decades and I have learnt from their successful union but I can also tell you they have had their fair share of hiccups in certain periods of their union.
Nice One bro.
Understanding your position and playing it well is key to the success of the union!
Re: "Never Let a Man Define Who You Are" - Oprah Winfrey by free2ryhme: 5:36pm On Aug 03, 2013
any sane couple in a relation shld understands his/her role that what makes it works .. everyone is a WIP ( work IN Progress) as long as we are in this journey in life we would never be finish products> even abraham made his own mistakes but he never allowed that to take the better part of him

2 Likes

Re: "Never Let a Man Define Who You Are" - Oprah Winfrey by sarutobie(m): 5:46pm On Aug 03, 2013
free2ryhme: any sane couple in a relation shld understands his/her role that what makes it works .. everyone is a WIP ( work IN Progress) as long as we are in this journey in life we would never be finish products> even abraham made his own mistakes but he never allowed that to take the better part of him
I agree with that 100%..we are all WIP in this life.
Re: "Never Let a Man Define Who You Are" - Oprah Winfrey by Nobody: 6:19pm On Aug 03, 2013
free2ryhme: any sane couple in a relation shld understands his/her role that what makes it works .. everyone is a WIP ( work IN Progress) as long as we are in this journey in life we would never be finish products> even abraham made his own mistakes but he never allowed that to take the better part of him

That doesn't mean one should stay with the wrong person.
Re: "Never Let a Man Define Who You Are" - Oprah Winfrey by free2ryhme: 6:30pm On Aug 03, 2013
aint one matured enough to know who to stay or not to stay with..

It is a decision that has to be made not carelessly or out of sentiments

one man's posion can be another man's eat

the wrong person in your eye might be someones else's mr. right

that's the irony of life
Re: "Never Let a Man Define Who You Are" - Oprah Winfrey by free2ryhme: 6:38pm On Aug 03, 2013
Re: "Never Let a Man Define Who You Are" - Oprah Winfrey by free2ryhme: 6:39pm On Aug 03, 2013
free2ryhme:

Re: "Never Let a Man Define Who You Are" - Oprah Winfrey by sarutobie(m): 6:44pm On Aug 03, 2013
free2ryhme:

aint one matured enough to know who to stay or not to stay with.. undecided

It is a decision that has to be made not carelessly or out of sentiments
Yea Every lady wants a made in walt disney kind of relationship/marriage,while there is nothing wrong with wishful thinking and fantasies,one should know when to take a moment back and distinguish between fantasy and reality.Many men of of nowadays are not helping matters.No caution,no sense of honor and responsibility.According to charles dickens,'you stoop to conquer'.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Is My Dangerously Sexy Profile Photo- Goddess Amara Tasha / Who Is Your Nairaland Crush / Use “hospital Language” To Describe Your Current Relationship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.