Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,435 members, 7,937,329 topics. Date: Sunday, 01 September 2024 at 09:09 PM

Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) - Sports (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) (23871 Views)

Team Nigeria At The African Athletics Championship / Nigerian Fans Meeting Ethiopian Fans In Addis Ababa Before The Match (Pictures) / Okagbare Wins Silver In Long Jump At World Athletics Championship, Moscow 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by deene: 9:48am On Aug 11, 2013
k-solo2013:
blessing need to start faster and better if she wants to get a medal in the final

hello. even if she gives them 5m headstart ... she ll still get a bronze medal ... she's in dat kinda form

but yea. to win gold ... she needs a very gud start ... lukin at SAF n gardner's start ... Hmmmmm

Okagbare steps up every time ... I am nt bothered
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by Nobody: 9:51am On Aug 11, 2013
deene:

hello. even if she gives them 5m headstart ... she ll still get a bronze medal ... she's in dat kinda form

but yea. to win gold ... she needs a very gud start ... lukin at SAF n gardner's start ... Hmmmmm

Okagbare steps up every time ... I am nt bothered
If she has a good start, coupled with her 5'11' frame; she may run 10.70 in the final.
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by dwag: 9:58am On Aug 11, 2013
deene:

the time really does not matter at this stage ... all the big names qualified.

SAF ran 11.16 .... but she jogged from start to finish and won her heats...

Jeter looks still injured ... she qualified too 11.24 I guess

kerron Stewart of jamaica, Gardner of USA and ahoure ... everybody that matas has qualified

now I cant wait to see how they will group them for the 3 semis ... Okagbare all d way ... she needs a beta start tho
10x for d update man! Can't wait to see SAF badass!!! In motion I tell yah!
Team naija all d way!
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by ksolo2013: 10:08am On Aug 11, 2013
i just hope history dont repeat its self cus last year before the olympics blessing was running very fast and was in good form in all the meets, but when olympic final reach na she came 6th bcus of her terrible usual starts
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by Nobody: 10:14am On Aug 11, 2013
I missed it angry angry angry

Thank God for bbc iplayer
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by deene: 10:17am On Aug 11, 2013
adaobi123: I missed it angry angry angry

Thank God for bbc iplayer

welcome adaobi ... u really missed!
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by Nobody: 10:23am On Aug 11, 2013
deene:

welcome adaobi ... u really missed!

I know bbc iplayer is my saviour wink
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by deene: 10:23am On Aug 11, 2013
k-solo2013:
i just hope history dont repeat its self cus last year before the olympics blessing was running very fast and was in good form in all the meets, but when olympic final reach na she came 6th bcus of her terrible usual starts

the Olympics debacle was not because of her poor start ...

she chocked on d biggest stage ... she has moved past that now ...

she has been so consistent this year.
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by akintun: 11:13am On Aug 11, 2013
deene:

the Olympics debacle was not because of her poor start ...

she chocked on d biggest stage ... she has moved past that now ...

she has been so consistent this year.

Blessing did not chock at d big stage. Last year she was not just good enough. Leading to d Olympics she was about sixth in new York , and she ran 10.99 and 10.96 4 d first time with about two weeks to d Olympics. How do u then expect her to run a 10.7 at d Olympic, but dis year she has proven to be an accomplished sub 11 runner.

1 Like

Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by biolabee(m): 11:35am On Aug 11, 2013
Who is this english gardener
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by Nobody: 11:38am On Aug 11, 2013
biolabee: Who is this english gardener

American athlete
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by HAH: 11:43am On Aug 11, 2013
Kai I just woke up from sleep, I missed the 100 M fun, am left with Decathlon.

Hope you guys in the house are having a great day while hoping that we can get our first medal today.

Cheers
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by biolabee(m): 11:47am On Aug 11, 2013
adaobi123:

American athlete

Yep.. im just watching the recording on the tv
She dey run oooooo

Blessing get muskul oooo

Good run by blessing
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by HAH: 11:51am On Aug 11, 2013
This Eaton guy will surely take the decathlon.
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by Nobody: 11:53am On Aug 11, 2013
biolabee:

Yep.. im just watching the recording on the tv
She dey run oooooo

Blessing get muskul oooo

Good run by blessing

She ran like mad. As if her life depended on it.

Yeah good run by blessing cool
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by Nobody: 11:57am On Aug 11, 2013
Jeter looks injured

That ivorian athlete is beautiful kiss kiss
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by biolabee(m): 12:03pm On Aug 11, 2013
You no know muriel ahoure..

She's always pancaked

tongue
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by Nobody: 12:06pm On Aug 11, 2013
biolabee: You no know muriel ahoure..

She's always pancaked

tongue

But beautiful kiss kiss kiss
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by ksolo2013: 12:07pm On Aug 11, 2013
jetter not looking fit and looks injured gives blessing a great chance for silver cus that short jamo babe with the big yansh olympic champion is my favorite for gold sherry ann fraser
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by Nobody: 12:09pm On Aug 11, 2013
^shelly
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by Nobody: 12:09pm On Aug 11, 2013
Its between blessing, shelly-ann and English
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by biolabee(m): 12:17pm On Aug 11, 2013
It seems you can't remember olympics.. Tday was toned down

adaobi123:

But beautiful kiss kiss kiss
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by airmark(m): 1:09pm On Aug 11, 2013
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by deene: 1:25pm On Aug 11, 2013
adaobi123: Jeter looks injured

That ivorian athlete is beautiful kiss kiss

ahhh adaobi ...Haba!
pls leave the ladies for us naa ... we no help u drag the guys oo ... lol

yes ahoure is pretty ...
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by deene: 1:28pm On Aug 11, 2013
adaobi123: Its between blessing, shelly-ann and English

I don't totally agree ...

blessing and shelly Ann are racing for first two spots ...

Gardner, ahoure, Stewart, and Jeter are racing for bronze...
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by Nobody: 1:34pm On Aug 11, 2013
deene:

I don't totally agree ...

blessing and shelly Ann are racing for first two spots ...

Gardner, ahoure, Stewart, and Jeter are racing for bronze...

Did you see how fast English ran ? shocked
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by Nobody: 1:35pm On Aug 11, 2013
Abeg somebody should be updating because I won't be at home when the athletics starts again....
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by deene: 1:37pm On Aug 11, 2013
yes. I took that well deserved nap ... I am revitalized for the evening session

long jump final where r u? Reese who? Polk who? poctor who? sokolova who?

its all about blessing Okagbare tonight ... by God's grace.

1 Like

Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by deene: 1:38pm On Aug 11, 2013
adaobi123:

Did you see how fast English ran ? shocked

did you see how Okagbare and shelly Ann jogged?

have you forgotten she was in that London field that Okagbare chewed? she was in Lausanne too ... she's not a major treat!
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by Nobody: 1:41pm On Aug 11, 2013
deene:

did you see how Okagbare and shelly Ann jogged?

have you forgotten she was in that London field that Okagbare chewed? she was in Lausanne too ... she's not a major treat!

Anyways we shall see.......
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by denniece1(m): 1:59pm On Aug 11, 2013
Pls when is 400m semis(Women)
Re: Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) by deene: 2:06pm On Aug 11, 2013
denniece1: Pls when is 400m semis(Women)

5:05pm Nigerian time

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (36) (Reply)

Super Eagles Players Train Ahead Of Algeria Clash / Manchester City's Kyle Walker Handed A Three-Match Champions League Ban / Assistant Referee Pushes Manager In Ghana Vs Sudan Game

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.