Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,971 members, 7,949,306 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 05:59 AM

Tips For Parents With Bedwetting Children - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Tips For Parents With Bedwetting Children (23983 Views)

No INSULT Please.... 19 Years Still Bedwetting... / At What Age / Class Did You Stop Bedwetting? / 40 And Bedwetting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tips For Parents With Bedwetting Children by buoye1(m): 4:09pm On Aug 04, 2013
Nce tips @op

1 Like

Re: Tips For Parents With Bedwetting Children by DEGREE2466(m): 4:21pm On Aug 04, 2013
I have heard the method of tieing a dead snake at the waste of the peeing child and it will take only three days and the child will stop it

Tradional belief anyway though i dont buy the idea
Re: Tips For Parents With Bedwetting Children by todayguest(m): 4:34pm On Aug 04, 2013
It's nt bin easy wth my kids. I wld take out b4 bedtime,nd then wake 'em up as mny x as i cn. Yet, dey 'll stil bedwet. Some x afta d act dey 'll cal me chnge clothes! I no it's a develpmntal process. It's more strssfl nw in d rains.

1 Like

Re: Tips For Parents With Bedwetting Children by clementjava: 4:57pm On Aug 04, 2013
Re: Tips For Parents With Bedwetting Children by Abiyamo: 5:36pm On Aug 04, 2013
Eeeyah, I can imagine the stress, I know it is not easy at all, from first-hand experience, but I tell you, you will be very glad later on to see them through this very challenging phase of their lives. Stay strong dear smiley
todayguest: It's nt bin easy wth my kids. I wld take out b4 bedtime,nd then wake 'em up as mny x as i cn. Yet, dey 'll stil bedwet. Some x afta d act dey 'll cal me chnge clothes! I no it's a develpmntal process. It's more strssfl nw in d rains.
Re: Tips For Parents With Bedwetting Children by dominique(f): 6:35pm On Aug 04, 2013
°°°mixedchic°°°:
the most effective tip for a child that bedwets is to reduce H2O consumption towards bedtime.
also make sure to urinate before sleep.
and parent could wake child to urinate in the middle of the night.
with these measures, parents can manage bedwetting until children will most def outgrow bedwetting.

You're so correct. I do all these for my 2 year old and he sleeps through the night with no diapers without bedwetting. It takes commitment on the part of the parents to curb bedwetting, not by beating them for something they did subconciously.
Re: Tips For Parents With Bedwetting Children by Damsman10(m): 6:40pm On Aug 04, 2013
damsman10: Culd remember my usual dream then was me peeing in the closet...so i'll confortably ease maself cos i do enjoy the urinating.. But unfortunately ill just wake up to see ma Bed soaked wit my own urine...mums alwayz take it crious dan dads..
Re: Tips For Parents With Bedwetting Children by swtme(f): 6:49pm On Aug 04, 2013
E beta make my child bed wet than 4 am 2 use that alarm 4 im uhn uhn
Re: Tips For Parents With Bedwetting Children by MizSammy(f): 6:53pm On Aug 04, 2013
$wtme:
E beta make my child bed wet than 4 am 2 use that alarm 4 im uhn uhn
lmfao *ewo*
Re: Tips For Parents With Bedwetting Children by hotboti(f): 7:02pm On Aug 04, 2013
I remember when my younger bro wud bedwet nd roll me over like I actually I did it nd my mom wud flog d hell outta me embarassed
Re: Tips For Parents With Bedwetting Children by vannieberry(f): 7:32pm On Aug 04, 2013
lyfe:

Guilty too
Same here looolz dat ws den though...[color=#770077][/color] cool
Re: Tips For Parents With Bedwetting Children by Abiyamo: 7:35pm On Aug 04, 2013
grin grin grin Sorry...lol! But your brother sef no rerin o...lol!
hotboti: I remember when my younger bro wud bedwet nd roll me over like I actually I did it nd my mom wud flog d hell outta me embarassed
Re: Tips For Parents With Bedwetting Children by Nobody: 8:27pm On Aug 04, 2013
Op nice one

However, I am no expert on the matter but I think we start potty training too late and even when we start we are lax about the matter. Do full time working mothers have time to leave the child without daipers and watch the childs actions to know when they want to weewee or poo?

My mother gave birth to six kids and none of them bed wetted. She starts potty training from six months for girls and eight months for boys. Many elderly women have told me the same tin. The beleif we have about training thm from a year upwards is erroneous.

Oyibo ppl will not publish article or do research on that because sales of pampers and huggies will go down and that is a major money spinner.
Re: Tips For Parents With Bedwetting Children by ravensckar(m): 8:37pm On Aug 04, 2013
All said! Wat i reali tink is d cause in most children is playfulness n ovr-eatin @ nyt. I kinda noticed wenevr a child wants 2 bedwet such a child wil be dreamin of urinatin(play factor). Also, wenevr my younger ones dnt eat @ nyt, dey rarely bedwet... #thou my observation sha#
Re: Tips For Parents With Bedwetting Children by Chukwudi718(m): 9:15pm On Aug 04, 2013
i remember wen i used to bedwet omo it was horrible. nd i was in boarding skul. i slept on d up bunk...sometimes my pee will drop on my bunkmate who was a senior and i dey chop beta flogging.
@ a point i go carry rope tie my STUFF enduring d pain...
Re: Tips For Parents With Bedwetting Children by joe4christ(m): 9:39pm On Aug 04, 2013
adaobi123: I remember when I used to bedwet embarassed

I used to hide the bedsheets embarassed embarassed

hehehe been there done that gringringrin
Re: Tips For Parents With Bedwetting Children by dubeeek: 9:44pm On Aug 04, 2013
Taking the child out as many times as possible at night helps. My son recently stopped at 8 years, if I hadn't read it up, I would have been mad with him. Got the full gist, so I worked to help him by; taking him out at night, covering the mattress with a plastic sheet and waiting the developmental phase out and we beat it! He used to smile so much when I have him a high five for not bed wetting, I encouraged him a lot and never let him see it as a bad thing. He still leaks occasionally, so I wash up.

1 Like

Re: Tips For Parents With Bedwetting Children by Abiyamo: 10:06pm On Aug 04, 2013
WOW! smiley
dubeeek: Taking the child out as many times as possible at night helps. My son recently stopped at 8 years, if I hadn't read it up, I would have been mad with him. Got the full gist, so I worked to help him by; taking him out at night, covering the mattress with a plastic sheet and waiting the developmental phase out and we beat it! He used to smile so much when I have him a high five for not bed wetting, I encouraged him a lot and never let him see it as a bad thing. He still leaks occasionally, so I wash up.
Re: Tips For Parents With Bedwetting Children by Built2last: 10:17pm On Aug 04, 2013
Nice tips
Re: Tips For Parents With Bedwetting Children by Timika: 10:36pm On Aug 04, 2013
Nice write up! Thanks for rescuing lots of children from inhumane treatment they r going through for the sake of bedwetting.

1 Like

Re: Tips For Parents With Bedwetting Children by kiretiv: 11:29pm On Aug 04, 2013
I got a 4 year old boy and a 2.5 year old girl, and to my surprise my girl doesn't bedwet but that guy always turn the mattress to water pool before dawn. I later understood that while my girl wakes up to wee in her potty, this guy just get lazy on the bed till the stuff runs off. I called him one morning and warned him that when next i wake up and see the bed wet again we shall have a talk with the cane which he fears so much. Now he goes to wee b4 bed everynight and wakes up whenever he is pressed to do his stuff.
All I am saying is that some kids are just lazy to get up and do the business, and I feel laziness is something to be nipped in the bud early even in bedwetting. So my candid advise is, teach a child in a way he should go and when he grows up he will not depart from it. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Tips For Parents With Bedwetting Children by dober(m): 1:29am On Aug 05, 2013
°°°mixedchic°°°:
the most effective tip for a child that bedwets is to reduce H2O consumption towards bedtime.
also make sure to urinate before sleep.
and parent could wake child to urinate in the middle of the night.
with these measures, parents can manage bedwetting until children will most def outgrow bedwetting.
Good write up!
I was a victim of noctunal enuresis up till 15yrs.
All they need is your care and support.
Despite my short comings, my dad will stil lay me on his new matress, he doesnt mind.
My mom ensures i dnt eat late, drink much and that i pee before sleep.
Mek una leave them jor. Na swag!

1 Like

Re: Tips For Parents With Bedwetting Children by Jhunhior(m): 5:18am On Aug 05, 2013
see una....the best method na to tie d pikin crab for waist.....if e don urin8 ontop d crab.....#dPikinOwnDonDone
Re: Tips For Parents With Bedwetting Children by Nobody: 8:24am On Aug 05, 2013
Remember when I use to bed wet angry you gotta change the bed sheet at at least 3 times per night embarassed embarassed angry As the only girl then,my brothers wud be given the task to wash it angry angry still remember the venom in their eyes each time they soak the smelly sheets while I eat my Okin biscuits.

And then I screamed in the bathroom one day,every body rushed in to see my legs spread out as I reveal in fear two strings of pubic hair.... cheesy cheesy so the table is turned and I was transferred to my mom's room.After few days of bed soaking,flushing and drowning,my mom promised God she wud buy a snake to be tied around my waist cry cry cry and then I knew I was old enough,there was no okin again sad sad....still blame it on the first two strings.... tongue
Re: Tips For Parents With Bedwetting Children by Elusive9(f): 9:49am On Aug 05, 2013
grin grin grin grin
SwTonia: Xo no b only me,many are guilty of this 2,it nt funny oh i wasn't allow 2 slip in bed,i slip on mat,always spreading d mat 2 dry every mrn,even wen it cold i still on d mat. den c d bully 4rm neighbours nd siblings.was even given a name "pisser" hw i stop it i dnt knw bt it was always ma prayer request in every prayer meeting.
Re: Tips For Parents With Bedwetting Children by Rukyceline(f): 11:19am On Aug 05, 2013
Nice writeup, very educative too.
Re: Tips For Parents With Bedwetting Children by durap(m): 11:25am On Aug 05, 2013
nice one
Re: Tips For Parents With Bedwetting Children by Taiw(m): 12:15pm On Aug 05, 2013
I stopped at age 11.it was embarassing b4 den.my dad made me urinate in burning fire whenever he sets the bushes ablaze
Re: Tips For Parents With Bedwetting Children by Abee79(m): 11:32am On Aug 06, 2013
I was 11, in JSS 1. I was pressed and I took a stroll to the 'uriner' behind the hostel. The evening was perfect - golden, laced with a calm breeze. I eased my zipper and let the floods of relief roll. I waited for the usual 'splashing' sounds a few feet away in the trenches, but instead, I there were trickling sounds far below me. . . I suddenly realized my eternal error, but before I could pull myself out of dream world and re-write the script, the infuriated JSS 3 boy on the down-bunk was raining slaps all over my face & no excuse could appease him for the next three years! embarassed Haba, it was only a DREAM COME TRUE. Why punish me?
Re: Tips For Parents With Bedwetting Children by yhemini: 12:16pm On Aug 06, 2013
This is a very lovely piece and from the bottom of my heart I say thank you. I have been looking for information of dis nature and I thank God you provided dis. I have a 7/8 2nd cousin that bedwets at least 2wice before morning. It can be very frustrating I'm telling u, but I will definitely try these tips and I hope it works. Thanks.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Woman's Corpse Detained In LASUTH Mortuary Over ₦860,000 Debt / A New Mysterious Illness Hits India, Hundreds Of People Land In Hospital / NIMR SARS-CoV2 Molecular Assay (SIMA) COVID-19 Test-Kit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.