Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,947 members, 7,890,116 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 09:32 AM

Youwin Business Competition 2013 - Business (40) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Youwin Business Competition 2013 (392862 Views)

Tips For Youwin Business Competition For 2015 / Apllication For YOUWIN Business Competition Extended To January 21st, 2014 / Youwin Business Competition 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (149) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by ahaika23: 9:34am On Aug 24, 2014
neksummi: Abuja here we come!
do not fail to tell us how its going ova dia in Abuja.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by ciscaos(f): 9:46am On Aug 24, 2014
ahaika23: do not fail to tell us how its going ova dia in Abuja.
i wish all Abuja awardees success.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by dauaminu: 1:05pm On Aug 24, 2014
I heard that, about 40 applicants were interviewed yestarday(23rd) at lagos centre. And at the same time, some people were saying that, over 800 were interviewed in all at lagos. Considering these two rumours. What is d reality? We are Waiting to here from d lagosian youwin millionares!
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by neksummi(m): 8:52pm On Aug 24, 2014
ciscaos: i wish all Abuja awardees success.

Thanks.

ahaika23: do not fail to tell us how its going ova dia in Abuja.

We won't fail to update you though mine is on Thursday but i hope those doing theirs early will update us all.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by ahaika23: 9:19am On Aug 25, 2014
dauaminu: I heard that, about 40 applicants were interviewed yestarday(23rd) at lagos centre. And at the same time, some people were saying that, over 800 were interviewed in all at lagos. Considering these two rumours. What is d reality? We are Waiting to here from d lagosian youwin millionares!
There is no neee for all of these permutations since to me this our batch is somewhat different from the others. Let's just be thankful to God for blessing our hard work. See you all at the top.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Adulphus(m): 2:09pm On Aug 25, 2014
Why Is the room so dry? Fasting and Praying I Guess

1 Like

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 2:50pm On Aug 25, 2014
Adulphus: Why Is the room so dry? Fasting and Praying I Guess
Lol. It is worth praying and fasting for my dear. Besides, in my opinion, there is nothing more to talk about till the final results are released.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by ahaika23: 3:42pm On Aug 25, 2014
Bigboyz32:
Lol. It is worth praying and fasting for my dear. Besides, in my opinion, there is nothing more to talk about till the final results are released.
yea. If only they gave us a headsup as per what their determinant factor would be buh since its a competition and interviews are not over it becomes unrealistic to know what they have up their sleeves. What we owe our dependents is putting up a good presentation. Though judging from my interview that was more of a friendly chat, I believe they are not there to punish us buh to reward our efforts. Wishing all success. Please Abj pips don't hesitate to update us with events at ur centre. Cheers
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Ibrahym(m): 6:05pm On Aug 25, 2014
Mine is tomorrow in Abuja
I have been told there are about 1,100 to be interviewed here!
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by dauaminu: 6:22pm On Aug 25, 2014
Ibrahym: Mine is tomorrow in Abuja
I have been told there are about 1,100 to be interviewed here!
who told u?
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Ibrahym(m): 7:12pm On Aug 25, 2014
dauaminu: who told u?
A friend who did his today.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by bizhub: 9:23am On Aug 26, 2014
ciscaos: my dear, i was told panel 4,10 and 12 are strict wit their interview. panelist in 5 and 11 are simple people.did they ask u to reduce your figures?

Please Is it thesame panel they are using for the whole regions?
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by bizhub: 9:31am On Aug 26, 2014
i learnt panel 8 is cool
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Denn(m): 1:24pm On Aug 26, 2014
bizhub: i learnt panel 8 is cool

Panel 1 is cool too...
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Omaobe: 1:45pm On Aug 26, 2014
Lagos panel 4 is highly critical.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by bizhub: 1:59pm On Aug 26, 2014
Will youwin decide winners from the scores from these panelists alone?or is their any other criteria?The panels judgement and approach are quite different from each other..
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by ahaika23: 5:17pm On Aug 26, 2014
bizhub: Will youwin decide winners from the scores from these panelists alone?or is their any other criteria?The panels judgement and approach are quite different from each other..
We pray and hope God will see us through amen.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by dstan(m): 7:20pm On Aug 26, 2014
From my experience today,I think appraisal and awards should not be based on the views of these panelists alone as some of them are myopic and appear not happy that one is requesting for the money.I was interviewed by panel 7,the other 3 panelists not bad though. All in all,it was a nice 1.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by bizhub: 7:52pm On Aug 26, 2014
Some of the panelists are nice and will even you tell you that the want you to succeed the money is not theirs while some panelists will tell you discouraging stuffs because their business didn't succeed in time past or they just don't want you to succeed...I hope the panelist won't hinder some people dreams..by their judgement..aim of youwin will be defeated.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Omaobe: 9:40pm On Aug 26, 2014
My prayer to God is just that whatever will be in our favour shall be d basis of selecting d winners by YouWiN! I think dat's d most important to us on this thread.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by bizhub: 6:43am On Aug 27, 2014
May it workout for our good amen!
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Duyiro: 8:00am On Aug 27, 2014
Abuja here we come. Mine is tomorrow 9:10-9:50.
God help us all.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by dstan(m): 8:40am On Aug 27, 2014
I also heard from unconfirmed sources yesterday at the venue that the number of winners have been increased to 3,100 though I could not verify the gist but I feel its possible because of the upcoming elections. Afterall,the older citizens got a share of d national largese frm d national conference,so why not d youths from a productive initiative as youwin! ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Ibrahym(m): 12:02pm On Aug 27, 2014
Did mine yesterday facing three panelists (and with a YouWin! representative present, probably taking records!)
Experience not really different from what everyone else here have said.
Just make sure you come with originals and photocopies of all info requested in the invitation email; know and be able to defend your business and ability to manage it.
I think they were convinced enough I could manage the business; but a panelist was not comfortable with my not having prior agric-related experience and not wanting to leave my current profession for the business fully. Spent close to 50mins there!
By Gods grace, we will make it!
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Denn(m): 12:58pm On Aug 27, 2014
Ibrahym: Did mine yesterday facing three panelists (and with a YouWin! representative present, probably taking records!)
Experience not really different from what everyone else here have said.
Just make sure you come with originals and photocopies of all info requested in the invitation email; know and be able to defend your business and ability to manage it.
I think they were convinced enough I could manage the business; but a panelist was not comfortable with my not having prior agric-related experience and not wanting to leave my current profession for the business fully. Spent close to 50mins there!
By Gods grace, we will make it!

Did you tell them you will not resign?

How do you now intend to manage the farm?
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Ibrahym(m): 2:31pm On Aug 27, 2014
Denn:
Did you tell them you will not resign?
How do you now intend to manage the farm?

Cant resign abruptly cuz its a family business so will still have some commitments to it; I can't lie about (which they appreciated) ...
Told them i'll continue in the first instance and manage with the two. Understand the concerns raised but it is what it is!

Not starting a farm till 2/3 years. I'm going into food processing, buying from farmers first.
Consulting work I do now is flexible so still gives me enough time for managing new ventures.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Denn(m): 3:34pm On Aug 27, 2014
Ibrahym:

Cant resign abruptly cuz its a family business so will still have some commitments to it; I can't lie about (which they appreciated) ...
Told them i'll continue in the first instance and manage with the two. Understand the concerns raised but it is what it is!

Not starting a farm till 2/3 years. I'm going into food processing, buying from farmers first.
Consulting work I do now is flexible so still gives me enough time for managing new ventures.

Good justifications.

I am into tomatoes... In case you process such.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by bizhub: 4:19pm On Aug 27, 2014
dstan: I also heard from unconfirmed sources yesterday at the venue that the number of winners have been increased to 3,100 though I could not verify the gist but I feel its possible because of the upcoming elections. Afterall,the older citizens got a share of d national largese frm d national conference,so why not d youths from a productive initiative as youwin! ?

Nawao..hw many we come dey?i thought they reduced the number from 6000?please how tru is this info ?tnx
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by medoty: 6:29pm On Aug 27, 2014
For 3 days they have interviewed 560 candidates in Abuja. Possibly over 1000 will be interviewed by the end of the exercise.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by ahaika23: 11:20am On Aug 28, 2014
ok.
medoty: For 3 days they have interviewed 560 candidates in Abuja. Possibly over 1000 will be interviewed by the end of the exercise.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by medoty: 12:12pm On Aug 28, 2014
Done with my interview. Let's just keep praying.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Denn(m): 5:17pm On Aug 28, 2014
seems all interviews should have ended.

or do we still have any pending interviews?

many thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (149) (Reply)

Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. / Simple Secret Of Buying Stuff At Idumota Market Lagos / Why You Should Stay Away From MMM Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.