Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,162 members, 7,896,950 topics. Date: Monday, 22 July 2024 at 04:18 AM

Is It True? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It True? (890 Views)

Behind Every Successful Man Is A Woman': Is it True? / Black Girls In America, Is It True That It Is Difficult To Find A Man? / I Heard Slim Girls Is What Is Reigning In Nig .is It True? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It True? by t00cUTE(f): 7:50pm On May 30, 2008
Mary slessor said: love until it hurts, that;s to say if you are in love and it does not hurt then you are not.
I want to ask two questions here
1. why does love hurt?
2. if you are in love, must it hurt?

since love has the most beautiful feln, how come it hurts.
Re: Is It True? by Nobody: 7:50pm On May 30, 2008
love only hurts,wen u r inlove wt d wrong person
Re: Is It True? by t00cUTE(f): 7:56pm On May 30, 2008
jenny how re u doin? u sound calm, hope ure.
i dont think so, u can be in love with the right person and u still feel hurt.
Re: Is It True? by Nobody: 7:59pm On May 30, 2008
my sister im cool,just a lil bit tired today

like i said,love doesnt hurt wen u r inlove wt d right person,there may be misunderstanding in d relationship,which is normal ,but hurt is far from it
Re: Is It True? by frank316(m): 8:05pm On May 30, 2008
girl think with your brain now, how can love hurt?
love is supposed to be something should enjoy.

which kind hurt? love only hurts when u have the wrong perception about it?
when u think its a do or die affair, when u think you have no control over it, when you think it must be him and nobody else, when you think your own personal pleasure does not matter but his, when it is blind etc
Re: Is It True? by omega25red(m): 8:06pm On May 30, 2008
love doesn't have to hurt
love only hurts when it comes to an end or when it sems like it's coming to an end. If you are loving somebody and it hurts, you should get out of that damn abusive relationship and stop calling it love. grin
Re: Is It True? by Nobody: 8:06pm On May 30, 2008
@frank

for once i agree wt u

@poster

love is supposed to be enjoyed and not endured
Re: Is It True? by davidt(m): 10:48pm On May 30, 2008
Love is very complex

Why does love hurt? Well, with love comes  many auxiliary feelings including jealousy and I think jealousy hurts when you are feel it (at least it hurts me). Many actions arise as a result of one's love for another person and many of these actions can actually translate into hurt in the long run. This can be seen in taking risks and sacrificing things dear to you for someone you love.

If you are in love, must it hurt? I don't know what to say, but I don't think so.
Re: Is It True? by Cayon(f): 12:48am On May 31, 2008
Love only hurt a person when they are[b] truly [/b] in love.  if u were not in love and your man left you  , u'll say something like this "to hell wid him" cheesy cheesy cheesy
t00 cUTE:

Mary slessor said: love until it hurts, that;s to say if you are in love and it does not hurt then you are not.
1. why does love hurt?

Re: Is It True? by 4Him1(m): 12:51am On May 31, 2008
be realistic peeps, the day i love a woman so bad it hurts just being away from her . . . aha i know i just struck gold.
Re: Is It True? by onyinye2(f): 12:54am On May 31, 2008
the definition of love is up to the individual. to me love is when i see something in the house that reminds of my love and i smile. but personally i wouldnt cry if i was dumped. i had a life before and surely after.
Re: Is It True? by HRhotness(f): 1:12am On May 31, 2008
The saying Love till it hearts has nothin to do with heartbreak but that you are so consumed by the love that imagining u will ever loose ur love is enough to crush ur soul. its loving desperately with every fibre of ur being
Re: Is It True? by Godalone(m): 2:06pm On May 31, 2008
Love can be hurt,when you loose the person you deeply love you will know how painful it is to love someone.
Re: Is It True? by Nobody: 2:40pm On May 31, 2008
Love can be hurt,when you loose the person you deeply love you will know painful it is to love someone.
i disagree

that is why i said,love only hurts when you're inlove wt d wrong person,it can never hurt when you're wt d right person
Re: Is It True? by Damoche10: 3:20pm On May 31, 2008
Jennykadry,

I agree with you with a 100%. Only if u date/mary the wron person.
Re: Is It True? by Godalone(m): 3:48pm On May 31, 2008
jennykadry:

i disagree

that is why i said,love only hurts when you're inlove wt d wrong person,it can never hurt when you're wt d right person

Even if you are with the right person there is a bitter side of love.
Re: Is It True? by tngtech(m): 4:05pm On May 31, 2008
jennykadry:

love only hurts,when you're inlove wt d wrong person

You are right.

t00 cUTE:

jenny how re u doin? u sound calm

Yea because she is married.
Re: Is It True? by Nobody: 4:09pm On May 31, 2008

Even if you are with the right person there is a bitter side of love.

there is only a misunderstanding once in a while,but there is no bitter side of love

Yea because she is married.
rotflmao cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy tngtech who send u message,amebo cheesy cheesy cheesy na only married women dey stay calm grin grin grin grin

Jennykadry,

I agree with you with a 100%. Only if u date/mary the wron person.

thank u darling kiss kiss
Re: Is It True? by onyinye2(f): 4:10pm On May 31, 2008
love hurts because it is the strongest emontion. it can conquere all. when one of lord's prophets was stuck in that cell with lions, he loved the lord so much that he knew there was nothing to worry about because he will protect him. smiley
Re: Is It True? by Nobody: 4:11pm On May 31, 2008
onyinye na emotional and intimate love we dey talk about no be AGAPE LOVE
Re: Is It True? by eldee(m): 4:24pm On May 31, 2008
t00 cUTE:

1. why does love hurt?

Why does love hurt?   Simple, the kind of love she said was self sacrificing.
She left Scotland and came to suffer in Calabar with those murderers. She's sum wierd personality.

Must it hurt? Hell to da NO!!!
Human love is generally selfish. Love is only there to satisfy one's loneliness, and is self satisfaction not selfish?
It's doesn't hurt when it satisfies you.
Re: Is It True? by Nobody: 4:32pm On May 31, 2008
word @eldee
Re: Is It True? by onyekang1(f): 3:22pm On Jun 02, 2008
Not when you are with the right person.
Re: Is It True? by Persona82(m): 3:36pm On Jun 02, 2008
If it doesn't hurt then you don't love the person. . . Nobody'd 100% Perfect they're bound to hurt to at 1 point or another

No doubt you've experienced estatic feelings for joy and hapiness; there's also an equal and opposite

Question: when a family member does somtin nasty and a stranger does the same, which hurts more

I know what it is to love. . . and it must not hurt. No advice I can give will be meaningful cos Love makes us foolish.

Follow your heart, You'll know what to do. Just don't be a fool

(1) (Reply)

Straight From The Heart / Can You Allow Your Partner To Pick Your Phone Call? / The One That Got Away!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.