Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,698 members, 7,882,387 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 12:18 AM

Can Diasporians Really Cope With Doing Bizz In Nigeria? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Can Diasporians Really Cope With Doing Bizz In Nigeria? (668 Views)

GTBANK Restricting Diasporians Account Based On BVN / Laundry Services: How do you cope with erratic power, & make profit? / Why I Sometimes Hesitate With Doing Bussiness With Family (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Can Diasporians Really Cope With Doing Bizz In Nigeria? by doespinner: 9:05pm On May 30, 2008
there is this notion that if you have been away from nigeria too long,nigerians will not take you seriously.
they would see you as an easy target.You have been softened and can only speak phonetics.

any complaints you make about anything ur quickly dubbed JJC.
you are looked upon as an outsider.

you would need to do everything the "nigerian way"
which includes intimidating poeple, picking up fights, treating ur workers like personal slaves, kidnappin people etc

can diasporians really cope!
Re: Can Diasporians Really Cope With Doing Bizz In Nigeria? by naijacutee(f): 2:50pm On May 31, 2008
lol @ "Diasporians". . . Sounds like you are talking about an entirely different race of people. grin grin

Going back to your question, I think that your so-called "Diasporians" are even in the best position to do business in Nigeria. Don't get me wrong - I'm not saying that people who live and do business in Nigeria aren't good enough. They are doing a great job - in fact, they deserve a lot of respect for taking the initiative and making things happen for themselves. However, someone who has had the added advantage of living outside the country, and who has had to integrate in a new society, totally different from anything they had ever known - would be expected to have an additional level of exposure, which should enable them compare "how things are" with "how things should be" with "how things could be". I'm not saying that this level of exposure would make you a better business person, but at least it helps create a standard in one's mind of what global business practices at least look like.

(1) (Reply)

Our Money With Cbn / Why Price Of Petrol May Not Drop – Fg / Would Nigerians Embrace The Inovative Jug Filters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.