Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,863 members, 7,872,861 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 12:38 AM

Domain Name Business - Business (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Domain Name Business (86323 Views)

*must Read* All You Need To Know About Domain Name Business / Have You Ever Tried Domain Name Selling Online Without Success? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (106) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Domain Name Business by Nobody: 11:07am On Aug 12, 2013
@bobo ur own is just tu quote abi? jamji afternic doesnt accept Nigerians, sedo is much better, just download d pdf, print, sign n mail is bck 2dem, am bout doin mine now..

regardin paypal, if ua usin a bb, just use ur bb browser as it comes with a u.s IP, creatin a paypal isnt an issue, verifyin it,is d main thing...ur opera also comes with a u.s IP, mobile opera not for systems.
Re: Domain Name Business by oladayo042: 11:11am On Aug 12, 2013
Jamji:
any other site like sedo that doesnt undergo this rigorous verification, 4 naija?
Sedo is the world's largest domain marketplace. I searched for a keyword on Bodis and got 25 results while Sedo returned over 5000 results for the same keyword. As a new domainer, you want the maximum exposure for your domains.

Just use an address for which you can get a nepa bill, not necessarily the address on the domain whois or where you live.

Also, Afternic does not accept Nigerians.
Re: Domain Name Business by dotcomnamename: 11:11am On Aug 12, 2013
Jamji: Sorry Guys for going offtopic but this is important for those who want to make money in no time on fiverr.
Anyone looking for fresh plr, ebooks, softwares (to train for services),pictures, themes. Reports, graphics, etc to sell on fiverr, seoclerks, gigbucks, zerk, and so on, pm me, or send your email to 07017745925. I have a subscription service that supplies all the above everyday to your inbox to download free, as they are released. That means you will be ahead of the pack and make cool cash easily.
You will get a one week subscription to see if you like the service.

Fiverr sent me mail yesterday that i did not do business with them anymore, i replied them to f**k off, their shakara is too much. They rejected 80% of my ads pictures... let them know sey their conditons, terms, etc too much and everybody complaining about them. After my domain guru no tire me now... Other small small online biz still there too..

Fiverr ko, Fever ni...

1 Like

Re: Domain Name Business by dotcomnamename: 11:12am On Aug 12, 2013
oladayo042: Sedo is the world's largest domain marketplace. I searched for a keyword on Bodis and got 25 results while Sedo returned over 5000 results for the same keyword. As a new domainer, you want the maximum exposure for your domains.

Just use an address for which you can get a nepa bill, not necessarily the address on the domain whois or where you live.

Also, Afternic does not accept Nigerians.

I said it all..
Re: Domain Name Business by Nobody: 11:14am On Aug 12, 2013
lest I forget, paypal is not facebook, u dont ve to be goin there all d time. and whenever u wantu access it, u ve to check ur ip with ip2location.com, tu know ur IP. cos once u use a diff IP from that of the country u reg with..OYO.
Re: Domain Name Business by Jamji: 11:20am On Aug 12, 2013
dotcom_na_me_na_me:

Fiverr sent me mail yesterday that i did not do business with them anymore, i replied them to f**k off, their shakara is too much. They rejected 80% of my ads pictures... let them know sey their conditons, terms, etc too much and everybody complaining about them. After my domain guru no tire me now... Other small small online biz still there too..

Fiverr ko, Fever ni...
Bet me, you must have done something against their TOS. Im very sure of that for example selling plr ebooks and not stating that it is, or selling software which they dont allow and at the same time with a nigeria flag. Fiverr have been unkind to 9ja accounts since the new version, many of my friends complain but i've never xperienced it,dont think i would.
Re: Domain Name Business by Jamji: 11:24am On Aug 12, 2013
mikelreal: lest I forget, paypal is not facebook, u dont ve to be goin there all d time. and whenever u wantu access it, u ve to check ur ip with ip2location.com, tu know ur IP. cos once u use a diff IP from that of the country u reg with..OYO.
whatismyipaddress.com is better or use with it.shows u the server city, useful for creating accounts.socks alternative thats if ur vpn ip doesnt change us, uk, ca etc
Re: Domain Name Business by oladayo042: 11:26am On Aug 12, 2013
Good morning guys and welcome to a new domain week. God will bless our hustle this week.

I spent a good part of my night reading about world class domainers. From the elusive Yun Ye, to the super rich Kevin Ham, hardass negotiator Rick Shwartz, impressive flipper Luc Biggs (Federer), domain guru Frank Schilling, domain king Dominik Mueller, and successful investors and bloggers Elliot Silver and Shane Cultra. I can confidently tell you that it was a good read.

Have a wonderful week and please let us 'learn on the job'.
Re: Domain Name Business by dotcomnamename: 11:28am On Aug 12, 2013
Jamji:
Bet me, you must have done something against their TOS. Im very sure of that for example selling plr ebooks and not stating that it is, or selling software which they dont allow and at the same time with a nigeria flag. Fiverr have been unkind to 9ja accounts since the new version, many of my friends complain but i've never xperienced it,dont think i would.

I hear u then. I can't shout on fiverr issue jor. Back to my guru room
Re: Domain Name Business by dotcomnamename: 11:32am On Aug 12, 2013
oladayo042: Good morning guys and welcome to a new domain week. God will bless our hustle this week.

I spent a good part of my night reading about world class domainers. From the elusive Yun Ye, to the super rich Kevin Ham, hardass negotiator Rick Shwartz, impressive flipper Luc Biggs (Federer), domain guru Frank Schilling, domain king Dominik Mueller, and successful investors and bloggers Elliot Silver and Shane Cultra. I can confidently tell you that it was a good read.

Have a wonderful week and please let us 'learn on the job'.

I received an email reply two days ago from Elliot Silver, RESPECT for Elliot Silver. Told me a secret which i'm yet to implement in my upcoming domains soon.

You're the type of people i need to mingle with... I can't sleep a day without touring those successful domain investor's sites u mentioned..

9ice 1
Re: Domain Name Business by Jamji: 11:34am On Aug 12, 2013
friends,pls reason with me.i want to create some brand 5,6 names from internet slang we use everyday.so i checked up one on google,and the first result showed it having ®. So if i create a variation with a prefix or suffix, to that word will i be violating trademarks rights?
Re: Domain Name Business by dotcomnamename: 11:45am On Aug 12, 2013
Jamji: friends,pls reason with me.i want to create some brand 5,6 names from internet slang we use everyday.so i checked up one on google,and the first result showed it having ®. So if i create a variation with a prefix or suffix, to that word will i be violating trademarks rights?

Brandable name must be totally created by you without any slang or spy from any name.. Thats why it's called brand.

A brand is a type of product manufactured by a company. You are the company wink. So manufacture your brand on your own.

kixra.com was completely manufactured by me

1 Like

Re: Domain Name Business by Nobody: 11:50am On Aug 12, 2013
dotcom_na_me_na_me:

No, its by sms, phone call and u will be given a 5 code to enter and confirm it on ur account...
As time goes on, sedo may at anytime time require a recent proof of address from you.. That's just their way

Just imagin i've been with them since, they just suddenly requested for my proof of address, i forward it to them oo, i even forward more than what they required sef grin .. I gave them 2 different proof of address, two different ID card, and i told them if they want more i will give them 5 or 10 proof.. grin
They ended up send me a mail that they are 100% satisfied with my account grin ..

yeye people grin

They also made me send my tear tear NEPA bill, Drivers Licence, passport photo, phone number. I thank God my account was approved finally.
Re: Domain Name Business by Nobody: 12:00pm On Aug 12, 2013
tobicool:

They also made me send my tear tear NEPA bill, Drivers Licence, passport photo, phone number. I thank God my account was approved finally.
check your mail
Re: Domain Name Business by Nobody: 12:01pm On Aug 12, 2013
that weird feeling when u claim ur domain is one hot cake, yet you ask pple for peanuts for domain registration.
Re: Domain Name Business by Nobody: 12:02pm On Aug 12, 2013
dotcom_na_me_na_me:

Brandable name must be totally created by you without any slang or spy from any name.. Thats why it's called brand.

A brand is a type of product manufactured by a company. You are the company wink. So manufacture your brand on your own.

Sure man. Before I secured Zingyland.com, I wanted to secure zingylife.com which was available at the time. Two days after i secured money to buy the domain, I then realised it was secured a day ago. I almost fainted. I ried contacting the owner of the domain by gathering info through whois.com. The owner was in Australia. I begged her to sell back the site to me and she said she cant for any amount in the world. So that night I started pondering and zingyland came to mind. It made more sense to me to pass more for a social networking site than zingylife. I searched for Zingyland the next day and it was available. I no waste time at all, I just secured it immediately. Now I have sold zingyland and created another alternative name which I even find more comfortable for my project and i wont sell this time not for all the money in the world. I have other brandable domains for sale at sedo. One of them is brillsms.com
Re: Domain Name Business by Nobody: 12:03pm On Aug 12, 2013
Shawnmayor: check your mail
Ok
Re: Domain Name Business by Jamji: 12:06pm On Aug 12, 2013
dotcom_na_me_na_me:

but brandbucket.com has brand names for sale thats not a word like kixra eg clearbreak, nicevibes, even the zingyland and brillsms above us. how do you explain that? Isnt it the person buying the name that defines if its branding for him?
Re: Domain Name Business by Nobody: 12:10pm On Aug 12, 2013
Shawnmayor: check your mail

Check my previous comments here. I made it clear.
Re: Domain Name Business by dotcomnamename: 12:11pm On Aug 12, 2013
mikelreal: that weird feeling when u claim ur domain is one hot cake, yet you ask pple for peanuts for domain registration.

understand u
Re: Domain Name Business by Jamji: 12:12pm On Aug 12, 2013
mikelreal: that weird feeling when u claim ur domain is one hot cake, yet you ask pple for peanuts for domain registration.
thats a case of rush
Re: Domain Name Business by dotcomnamename: 12:14pm On Aug 12, 2013
tobicool:

Sure man. Before I secured Zingyland.com, I wanted to secure zingylife.com which was available at the time. Two days after i secured money to buy the domain, I then realised it was secured a day ago. I almost fainted. I ried contacting the owner of the domain by gathering info through whois.com. The owner was in Australia. I begged her to sell back the site to me and she said she cant for any amount in the world. So that night I started pondering and zingyland came to mind. It made more sense to me to pass more for a social networking site than zingylife. I searched for Zingyland the next day and it was available. I no waste time at all, I just secured it immediately. Now I have sold zingyland and created another alternative name which I even find more comfortable for my project and i wont sell this time not for all the money in the world. I have other brandable domains for sale at sedo. One of them is brillsms.com

9ice 1

1000 Likes 4u grin
Re: Domain Name Business by Jamji: 12:14pm On Aug 12, 2013
dotcom_na_me_na_me:

Mikereal i hope no be me u dey refer to o! grin

Even whether na me or someone else, u can't conclude in such a way. Business is business. As for me, i wont collect a penny from anyone for helping anyone register his/her domain as long as he(s)/She(s) ready to pay for the registration fee.

Point cleared.

Second deal... If u don't have domain to register but have the fee for the reg, i can give u from 4 to 5 domain, but that would be base on commission.

What help is more than that?

Are u expecting me or someone else to give out domains for free?

Always remember this slogan ''THIS IS A BUSINESS'' not a charity
i tell you before say ur blood dey hot. Understand him.and reply me above
Re: Domain Name Business by dotcomnamename: 12:16pm On Aug 12, 2013
Jamji:
i tell you before say ur blood dey hot. Understand him.

Na my man now grin
Re: Domain Name Business by nklove1: 12:17pm On Aug 12, 2013
Am here
Re: Domain Name Business by Nobody: 12:18pm On Aug 12, 2013
Jamji:
but brandbucket.com has brand names for sale thats not a word like kixra eg clearbreak, nicevibes, even the zingyland and brillsms above us. how do you explain that? Isnt it the person buying the name that defines if its branding for him?

It depends on what the buyer is looking for. Zingyland.com might not be what they buyer is looking for. In the case of kixra.com, I strongly believe that the buyer has dreamt of kixra and probably have registered the name as a product brand or company name.
The two bid my guy got was from the same person or company.
They will pay $10,000 or a bit more after much much.
Re: Domain Name Business by Jamji: 12:20pm On Aug 12, 2013
Jamji:
dot com u havent answered me. And pls drop ur contact, would love to have ur reason on some names i want to reg. Hope i can trust u.pls drop ur contact.
@nk love
guests on the forum would help u reg the domain 4 u. If u can, hide it.
Re: Domain Name Business by dotcomnamename: 12:23pm On Aug 12, 2013
nk-love:
House abeg, I want to register this, kiwed.com and kifes.com. Also help me analyse fitnessline.co.uk

Thanks,

Nk-love

Next time, don't show your domain names here, sharp people will quickly go and register it
Re: Domain Name Business by dotcomnamename: 12:25pm On Aug 12, 2013
Jamji:
dot com u havent answered me. And pls drop ur contact, would love to have ur reason on some names i want to reg. Hope i can trust u.pls drop ur contact.
@nk love
guests on the forum would help u reg the domain 4 u. If u can, hide it.

YIM

dotcom_na_me_na_me
Re: Domain Name Business by bomking4x: 12:29pm On Aug 12, 2013

Bros I d feel your pain
Re: Domain Name Business by dotcomnamename: 12:34pm On Aug 12, 2013
bomking4x:

Bros I d feel your pain

No domain is hotcake. Its by the Grace of God.

Na luck.

Whoever claim his/her domain is hotcake is deceiving him/her-self

Na God dey do am, not because ur domain is hotcake

youdeycraze.com can be sold for $100, while crazyudey.com can be left alone for 2 years.

So, na luck from baba God
Re: Domain Name Business by malachi2uk(m): 12:44pm On Aug 12, 2013
Dot com na me na me, what is our fate that you will pay the money if you managed to sell someone's domain for $5000+

How will you give the person his/her money

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (106) (Reply)

BVN - How To Link Your BVN To Your Other Bank Accounts Online Or By Sms / Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China / Another Millions Of Rotten And Decay Naira Notes Discovered In A Private Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.