Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,796 members, 7,921,845 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 01:24 PM

For Nigerians In The Diaspora:what Do You Miss About Nigeria - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / For Nigerians In The Diaspora:what Do You Miss About Nigeria (20392 Views)

See What This Funke Oyinbo, Ukrainian Said About Nigeria / Nigerians In Diaspora: What Do You Miss Most About Home? / Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: For Nigerians In The Diaspora:what Do You Miss About Nigeria by kstyle2(m): 6:20pm On Nov 12, 2013
Abeg no vex...pple wey dey central africa republic,eritrae,somali stil folo 4 9jirians in diaspora?....m abt leavin sha 4 canada...i knw m gonna miss d formings wey our girls dey do especialy kpako girls....dem go wan folo dey say 'OMG',WOW'.....n all mu homies on d street...1 day evrytyn go soft pas ashawo b.0obs
Re: For Nigerians In The Diaspora:what Do You Miss About Nigeria by bebe2(f): 6:21pm On Nov 12, 2013
25omega: i miss the food and the mannerisms of the people. i still laugh sometimes when i read somethings here on NL

which dirty food??
what arrogant mannerism?

abegggiiiii
Re: For Nigerians In The Diaspora:what Do You Miss About Nigeria by pappilo(m): 6:21pm On Nov 12, 2013
Suya
Re: For Nigerians In The Diaspora:what Do You Miss About Nigeria by okeyley: 6:22pm On Nov 12, 2013
cheksbry: Arghh bros,you sabi good thing o grin
let me whet your appetite a lil,found this picture online not too long ago.... tongue
u be correct 042 guy
Re: For Nigerians In The Diaspora:what Do You Miss About Nigeria by Urine: 6:23pm On Nov 12, 2013
Damojo: 1) PHCN: How can u be staying in a city with constant power supply. I miss screaming 'UP NEPA' every 30mins

2) I miss the oloshos in Rita Lori, Surulere. The ones in show glasses in Amsterdam cost like 100euros per round....Dem be Nicki Minaj?

3) I miss the fact that Nigeria is the only country U sleep with N20 and wake up driving a Bentley and nobody questions U. Instead, u hear things like, 'Guy, come wash ur ride o'

Boss, abeg don't mention Amsterdam...expensive is an understatement.
Re: For Nigerians In The Diaspora:what Do You Miss About Nigeria by bebe2(f): 6:23pm On Nov 12, 2013
bigx: Nothing but Bole and Fish embarassed

throway dat boli and fish for bin jare,

nasoso sand full dat thing from all the dust wey passing cars dey blow put.

sad sad sad
Re: For Nigerians In The Diaspora:what Do You Miss About Nigeria by Nobody: 6:24pm On Nov 12, 2013
bebe2:

which dirty food??
what arrogant mannerism?

abegggiiiii
I'm telling you. Arrogant.
As per food, I don't miss it at all. I eat healthy here. Learnt how to count calories etc.

In Naija, once it's rice, stew and meat...off you go,maybe balance with bottle of coke.
Re: For Nigerians In The Diaspora:what Do You Miss About Nigeria by kstyle2(m): 6:25pm On Nov 12, 2013
Urine:

Boss, abeg don't mention Amsterdam...expensive is an understatement.
....their kpekus na gold?abi na oil block?

2 Likes

Re: For Nigerians In The Diaspora:what Do You Miss About Nigeria by Shankboye(m): 6:26pm On Nov 12, 2013
Jedi, shepe, infact everything
Re: For Nigerians In The Diaspora:what Do You Miss About Nigeria by GoodFaith: 6:27pm On Nov 12, 2013
usmsam: The food, simple and short. These oyinbo and akata babes over here cannot cook. The only spice they know is salt. Mtschewww
Sorry
You are generalizing, Akata can cook
You might just be look for Nigerian food
If I am home on a weekend, I expect three square meals
Re: For Nigerians In The Diaspora:what Do You Miss About Nigeria by ooshinibos: 6:30pm On Nov 12, 2013
Suya and non racist society of Nigeria i missed

i dont miss not having electricity and scrambling for the basic amenities Nigerians refuse to add to thier life
Re: For Nigerians In The Diaspora:what Do You Miss About Nigeria by GoodFaith: 6:31pm On Nov 12, 2013
Chillisauce:
As per food, I don't miss it at all. I eat healthy here. Learnt how to count calories etc.

In Naija, once it's rice, stew and meat...off you go,maybe balance with bottle of coke.

Most Nigerian homes still keep to 90% of the time
Just keep to that Nigerian food
Re: For Nigerians In The Diaspora:what Do You Miss About Nigeria by GoodFaith: 6:32pm On Nov 12, 2013
Chillisauce:

Sorry, Nigerians are born Arrogant include me
Re: For Nigerians In The Diaspora:what Do You Miss About Nigeria by iterator25: 6:34pm On Nov 12, 2013
'Ewa goin' and bean cake
Re: For Nigerians In The Diaspora:what Do You Miss About Nigeria by Nobody: 6:34pm On Nov 12, 2013
GoodFaith:
Nigerians are born Arrogant

They tell the waitress "wey you"
Shouts on everything.

No Thankyou for services offered as long as they are paying for it.

Long list

2 Likes

Re: For Nigerians In The Diaspora:what Do You Miss About Nigeria by Nobody: 6:35pm On Nov 12, 2013
henrychubayo: Palm wine. Abacha. Bush meant. Palm kannel soup. Achicha.

Ur head is there!
Re: For Nigerians In The Diaspora:what Do You Miss About Nigeria by nollyj: 6:36pm On Nov 12, 2013
I haven't seen people quarrel or fight in public for many years now in Sweden. Everything seems so organize and most people behave like humans but I do miss some of the actions in naija environment (A conductor dragging you to enter his bus, people fighting for no reason, people pushing their ideas in hot debate when they can't back it up with proof ) that makes me laugh.

5 Likes

Re: For Nigerians In The Diaspora:what Do You Miss About Nigeria by madridsta007(m): 6:36pm On Nov 12, 2013
Aba'acha, Ugba and other native foods... Wince in pain whenever I see pictures of it. Suya and kilishi falls into that category.
The people- the noise, the smell and the brown sand on my leg whenever I visit the countryside (village).

Family and friends... My church family too.

1 Like

Re: For Nigerians In The Diaspora:what Do You Miss About Nigeria by mufutau55(m): 6:36pm On Nov 12, 2013
Of course the various elements of peoples, the local food, my language being spoken everywhere.
Then the joints (the various beer or palm-wine parlors) and the lively owambe parties.
The weather, but of course I am used to the cold now.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: For Nigerians In The Diaspora:what Do You Miss About Nigeria by Nobody: 6:37pm On Nov 12, 2013
Khalessi: Nothing undecided

Ure In Quarth..
I presume

1 Like

Re: For Nigerians In The Diaspora:what Do You Miss About Nigeria by Nobody: 6:39pm On Nov 12, 2013
I miss a lot less that my Wife is now here with me.

Last night she prepared Lafun with Ewedu soup. I saw some soaked beans so I know that moin moin is on the list shortly.

4 Likes

Re: For Nigerians In The Diaspora:what Do You Miss About Nigeria by AZeD1(m): 6:40pm On Nov 12, 2013
LesbianBoy: I miss the lawlessness in Nigeria jor! Unlike here in the US they are just too 'organised' angry

I also miss the low tax i pay in Nigeria. The tax is damn to high here in the US angry

I actually miss the Lagos madness. Its been long since i abused anyone

1 Like

Re: For Nigerians In The Diaspora:what Do You Miss About Nigeria by Mologi(m): 6:41pm On Nov 12, 2013
i just dey miz smtin sha......u no #200,fuk togolese gal...bt here omo 100dhs
Re: For Nigerians In The Diaspora:what Do You Miss About Nigeria by Nobody: 6:43pm On Nov 12, 2013
It has definitely got to be the food. What wouldn't I give to have some abacha and okpa in my life right now? sad
Re: For Nigerians In The Diaspora:what Do You Miss About Nigeria by Nobody: 6:43pm On Nov 12, 2013

Three Beautiful Dark beauties..

First It was Lola..
The most Beautiful girl 've ever seen..
The Kind of pretty that turns ur heart upside down..
When she smiles at U...
I lost her to the Cockneys in London...

Toby..
Fair n Graceful like a Swan..
Lost her to the Welsh..

Now my Pretty Sandra..
The most beautiful Ibo girl 've ever seen..
Meek as a dove..
Her touch cures all ails..
I lost her to the bostonians

Now 'm all alone Stuck in Naija..
What have i done..
How long till..

Only the gods know angry

Re: For Nigerians In The Diaspora:what Do You Miss About Nigeria by tiamiyukunle69(m): 6:45pm On Nov 12, 2013
Some people wey never pass their state for 9ja sef go dey claim say dem miss something....SMH angry
Re: For Nigerians In The Diaspora:what Do You Miss About Nigeria by Reni1: 6:49pm On Nov 12, 2013
I miss groundnuts! I visited the African store 4 times in 3 weeks and their parcel of groundnut is yet to arrive. Also, some one gave me a spoon of Party Jollof Rice (Last Spoon Actually) yesterday and I didnt know when a tear dropped from my eye. I miss Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: For Nigerians In The Diaspora:what Do You Miss About Nigeria by MsNas(f): 6:52pm On Nov 12, 2013
Suya
Party Jollof And Fried Rice. grin
Re: For Nigerians In The Diaspora:what Do You Miss About Nigeria by creativemusic: 6:53pm On Nov 12, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: For Nigerians In The Diaspora:what Do You Miss About Nigeria by Vacora(m): 6:54pm On Nov 12, 2013
Sunshine.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Container Trailer Kills An Okada Rider In Mushin (Graphic Photo) / World Mosts: / South West Regional Railway Will Link 44 Cities -DAWN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.